Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-04-2010, 01:42 PM   #451
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

7.5 The Story of Barack Obama, Intellectual Property

Starring Robert De Niro

Whether or not his presidency is a complete waste this is going to be a money maker simply on the fact he is the first African American president.

The fact that I dont have a suited lead is kind of bothersome but I am sure I can find someone to play the part.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:48 PM   #452
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post

The fact that I dont have a suited lead is kind of bothersome but I am sure I can find someone to play the part.

DrAFTjunkie should have went back to back with this and Will Smith.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:48 PM   #453
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

7.6-lead actress-Shirley Temple-golden age
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:48 PM   #454
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
DrAFTjunkie should have went back to back with this and Will Smith.

Indeed. Will has the ears for the job
Old 03-04-2010, 01:58 PM   #455
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
7.6-lead actress-Shirley Temple-golden age

I like the pick because of the added dimension it gives your studio. I may have used in a supporting role but in the end Im not sure if the lead/supporting roles are going to make much difference.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:00 PM   #456
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
I'm specifically talking about Lathum's claim that someone supposedly "working on" a movie or rumors that a movie is "in the works" makes it not qualified.

Quote:
Well that is the beauty if these drafts, there is a lit of interpretation. I'm not saying the picks shouldn't be allowed but I personally wouldn't give credit to an IP if someone gas already had the idea to make it into a film and begun the process

Quote:
Well when directors and writters have been hired there is an investment there. It's not like 2 dudes sitting in their parents basement saying hey we should make WoW into a movie. Again, not saying it shoulndt be allowed. It just doesn't pass my smell test.

Wade, I have no idea where you get that I was saying the picks shouldn't be qualified. On the contrary, I'm not sure how much clearer I could have been in saying they should be allowed, it is just my own personal opinion of those picks.

Now if you think my personal opinion is twisted that is fine, I have many twisted opinions, but you are making it sound like I am campaigning that these picks shouldn't be allowed, and it is quite the opposite.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:01 PM   #457
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I like the pick because of the added dimension it gives your studio. I may have used in a supporting role but in the end Im not sure if the lead/supporting roles are going to make much difference.

I was thinking along the same lines, but really it seems to me she was the draw for her films, plus there is a kick ass kids drink named after her.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:05 PM   #458
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Wade, I have no idea where you get that I was saying the picks shouldn't be qualified. On the contrary, I'm not sure how much clearer I could have been in saying they should be allowed, it is just my own personal opinion of those picks.

Now if you think my personal opinion is twisted that is fine, I have many twisted opinions, but you are making it sound like I am campaigning that these picks shouldn't be allowed, and it is quite the opposite.

By "qualified" I mean a knock in the voters eyes.

You are clearly campaigning that voters should make it a negative, which is just silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:07 PM   #459
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It isn't my intention to campaign, just voicing my opinion of it.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:08 PM   #460
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
It isn't my intention to campaign, just voicing my opinion of it.

Over and over despite no one else agreeing with you and multiple disagreeing.

Edit: Yet *I'm* the one causing trouble in these things. :shurg:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...

Last edited by wade moore : 03-04-2010 at 02:08 PM.
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:09 PM   #461
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Looking at the picks, Round five had some serious value picks. Mayer would have been my round one pick.

My two biggest surprise picks are Eastwood as an actor and Coppola as a producer. IMO both of them did their best work as directors.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:11 PM   #462
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Never said you were causing trouble, we are just having a conversation. And just because people disagree doesn't mean my opinion is any less valid.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:17 PM   #463
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:

Just because you used that qualifier, doesn't mean you aren't clearly trying to campaign against other people's picks.

It's like me saying, "I'm not racist but black people are (insert racist remark here). I may have used a qualifier, but it still would make me a racist prick.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:21 PM   #464
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Well my intention wasn't to campaign, so I apologize if it came off that way and won't comment on any IP's.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:25 PM   #465
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

7.7 PRODUCER - Rob Reiner

Known as "meathead" early in his career, then became known for making Romantic Comedy, Fantasy, and Comedies like When Harry Met Sally, The Sure Thing, and the Princess Bride, even a little Horror (Misery) and Drama (Few Good Men) and overall a nice guy that knows how to make movies about relationships. And let's not forget all the Spinal Tap stuff.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 03-04-2010 at 04:18 PM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:25 PM   #466
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

For what it is worth, I think all the IP's taken so far are good ones. Especially mine.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 03-04-2010, 03:28 PM   #467
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
7.2 World of Warcraft, IP

We have MMO gamers on this board, right? Please?

Fun fun pick! Now that Avatar technology is out you don't HAVE to cast Ron Perlman as Thrall and Doug Jones as a troll and Warwick Davis and Deep Roy as the Gnomeregan gnomes. Just let the computers do all the work. Andre the Giant would have made a great Tauren
Old 03-04-2010, 03:31 PM   #468
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

7.8 : Battletech Universe, IP

Pure suckup to Abe to secure his vote.

Actually, no. I enjoying reading on the Battletech Universe and find it one of the more interesting game backdrops. I find myself pulling books from my shelf to read them from time to time.

If you know anything about the universe, you know Angelina Jolie would be a great Natasha Kerensky.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:48 PM   #469
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I'da paid to see John Wayne at the helm of a mech.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:48 PM   #470
Izulde
Head Coach

aight I'm here to make another dumb pick.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:51 PM   #471
Izulde
Head Coach

7.9 Brigitte Bardot - Lead Actress (Golden Age)
We're trying to save our sucky studio situation by bringing in a hot blonde French sexpot. Brigitte fits that bill.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:57 PM   #472
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

*drools and mindlessly votes for Izulde*
Old 03-04-2010, 04:00 PM   #473
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Fun fun pick! Now that Avatar technology is out you don't HAVE to cast Ron Perlman as Thrall and Doug Jones as a troll and Warwick Davis and Deep Roy as the Gnomeregan gnomes. Just let the computers do all the work. Andre the Giant would have made a great Tauren

and don't forget to secure John Rhys-Davies as Hemet Nesingwray
Old 03-04-2010, 04:02 PM   #474
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

Actually, no. I enjoying reading on the Battletech Universe and find it one of the more interesting game backdrops. I find myself pulling books from my shelf to read them from time to time.

If you know anything about the universe, you know Angelina Jolie would be a great Natasha Kerensky.

I had forgotten about this! Guess that awful cartoon they made in the 90s created a mental block.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:08 PM   #475
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
6.9 Woody Allen, Director

*scratch scratch scratch*

Then again I intend to do some children's films so perhaps this is best...
Old 03-04-2010, 04:09 PM   #476
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I had forgotten about this!

I could see how someone could forget about the Battletech Universe and all.

Man, if only someone had a Battletech dynasty and tagged into in their quotes section. Maybe then we would remember it.....
Old 03-04-2010, 04:16 PM   #477
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I used to play on a Battletech mush/muse a lot. A big text based video game. Those were the days. After FASA tried to turn Shadowrun into a COunterstrike game with the same graphics as counterstrike 15 years after the original game, I think it unlikely they'll do ANYTHING after that debacle.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:42 PM   #478
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

I'm eagerly looking forward to Mechwarrior 5 myself.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:45 PM   #479
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I don't recall a commercially released mech game that was really awesome. All the ones I played had really wonky and difficult controls. Was there a good one I missed?
Old 03-04-2010, 04:50 PM   #480
JediKooter
Coordinator

Ok, interview over with. Who's on the clock???

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:51 PM   #481
Izulde
Head Coach

DaftJunkie and yes I PM'ed him

Old 03-04-2010, 04:51 PM   #482
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Ok, interview over with. Who's on the clock???

Someone that isn't here so go take a nap or get a cold one. how'd you do, btw?
Old 03-04-2010, 04:52 PM   #483
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I don't recall a commercially released mech game that was really awesome. All the ones I played had really wonky and difficult controls. Was there a good one I missed?

The ones I like are not FPS type ones so, I like Titans of Steel by Matrix Games (which is a turn based game.. similar to Battletech) and the Mech Commander series which is an RTS game and based on the Battletech Universe.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:58 PM   #484
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Missed both of these. The 1995 Mechwarrior game was the main one I remember. There was also a game in the 80s I think that people seemed to like. It also wasn't FPS
Old 03-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #485
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
DaftJunkie and yes I PM'ed him

Cool cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox
Someone that isn't here so go take a nap or get a cold one. how'd you do, btw?

I can't say I nailed it 100%, but, I feel pretty dang good about it. The last comment to me was that I'll be hearing something from the hiring recruiter next week. Sounded pretty positive.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 03-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #486
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Great! Although be careful what you say to the hiring people. THey usually don't know much and only seem to look for excuses not to hire people (like salary, etc)
Old 03-04-2010, 05:05 PM   #487
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Great! Although be careful what you say to the hiring people. THey usually don't know much and only seem to look for excuses not to hire people (like salary, etc)

I hear you on that one for sure. The funny thing was they brought up what the salary was and I didn't even ask, but, it fits in my range, so it worked itself out.

The funny thing is, the job is related a lot with this thread. haha!

Old 03-04-2010, 05:11 PM   #488
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Missed both of these. The 1995 Mechwarrior game was the main one I remember. There was also a game in the 80s I think that people seemed to like. It also wasn't FPS

BattleTech: The Crescent Hawk's Inception followed by Revenge. Old Infocom game.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:15 PM   #489
JediKooter
Coordinator

I want to invent my own IP...

Old 03-04-2010, 05:19 PM   #490
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Was thinking about that myself.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:24 PM   #491
JediKooter
Coordinator

Ah good. Im not the only one then

Old 03-04-2010, 05:26 PM   #492
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Well the other choices seem to be a barrage of scifi/fantasy books and video games
Old 03-04-2010, 05:26 PM   #493
Izulde
Head Coach

Same.

Old 03-04-2010, 05:33 PM   #494
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Okay I'm out until probably 10-11 tonight. Have to hop on a bus. I left my next pick with Abe
Old 03-04-2010, 05:48 PM   #495
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Just got baclk from work, let me piss, then get caught up.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:54 PM   #496
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Holy Shit!

Old 03-04-2010, 05:59 PM   #497
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

All caught up

Old 03-04-2010, 07:17 PM   #498
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Holy Shit!

Taking that wasn't that surprising.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:48 PM   #499
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

DrAFTjunkie did not send me his picks so he needs to be here in the next two hours.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:55 PM   #500
DrAFTjunkie
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

Starring Robert De Niro

Whether or not his presidency is a complete waste this is going to be a money maker simply on the fact he is the first African American president.

What are the chances that my IP would get picked? I even had Will Smith as Obama. Fuck!!!
DrAFTjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote