Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-29-2009, 05:45 PM   #451
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
They'll finish 2nd by default because Seattle and St. Louis are buggering awful

Easy now, once Seattle actually fields 3/4 of their starters, they'll be right there Hell, they nearly beat the Bears last week with what, 11 of their starters not playing.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:49 PM   #452
Mr. Sparkle
High School JV

I don't think RendeR has seen much of the Niners this year. If he had, he'd know they have a damn good chance of taking that division.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:50 PM   #453
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Come on man.

C'mon, man!

/ditkavoice
Old 09-29-2009, 05:56 PM   #454
Travis
Pro Rookie

Meh, the NFC West is a toss up between Seattle/Arizona/SF. That's an improvement already for the Niners, but given how streaky the Cards are and how behind the eight ball the Hawks are right now health wise, the fact that the Niners missed a chance to put some distance between themselves and those two teams could come back to haunt them down the line.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:57 PM   #455
Travis
Pro Rookie

Oh, and does anybody know where I can sign a petition to keep any and all Carey's from being officials in the NFL? I mean these guys are Luckett bad.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:58 PM   #456
Mr. Sparkle
High School JV

Sure, but they did beat both those teams which gives them an early edge.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:08 PM   #457
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle View Post
Sure, but they did beat both those teams which gives them an early edge.

exactly.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:17 PM   #458
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle View Post
I don't think RendeR has seen much of the Niners this year. If he had, he'd know they have a damn good chance of taking that division.

Without a doubt. Singletary will have that team winning games. They are very well coached.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 09-29-2009 at 07:17 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:24 PM   #459
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Lets look at these two comments...

First off, If you really think this Niners team will win the west you're deluding yourself. They'll finish 2nd by default because Seattle and St. Louis are buggering awful, and 2 of the 4 worst teams in the NFC. (Washington, Tampa Bay)

And you've been impressed? lets see, Minnesota has beaten the Browns (Worst single team in the league right now) and the Lions (terrible but getting better) and trailed BOTH of them at halftime. Then they face the Niners who at least have a defense and trail them with 12 seconds to play.

What is there in there other than Adrian Peterson to be impressed by? (and I'm not impressed by his work thus far, he should have 500 yards rushing by now based on the teams he's run against, he does have a great YPC but again, against cleveland and detroit he shoulda racked up 200+ each)

You're dead on that they haven't played well. They've played down to the level of some awful football teams and I hope for their fans sake they play up to the rest of their schedule or its gonna get ugly in the Twin Cities.

Anyway. I understand the homerism and someone else mentioned its not even so much what you're saying but HOW you state it that makes you sound so utterly oblivious.

Good Luck to you and the Vikes.

Playing down to the level of their competition? Its the NFL not college ball. Its hard to say any game is really a gimme. They beat both teams by 14 and covered the spread in both. A 14 point win in the NFL is a rather large margin expecially on the road FYI.

Its not as if Peterson is playing against North Texas every week. They are NFL athletes with NFL speed. I think your expectations are higher than mine.

What am I impressed by? Their ability to win despite not playing their best ball. The Vikings of the past would have lost 2 of these games because they had no leadership. And Percy Harvin will be another stud the Vikings pulled out later than he should have been drafted.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 09-29-2009 at 07:29 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:00 PM   #460
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
The Vikings of the past would have lost 2 of these games because they had no leadership. And Percy Harvin will be another stud the Vikings pulled out later than he should have been drafted.

You mean Brett Favre leadership? The same guy who didn't feel like participating in training camp, walked in late, then was annointed as captain. Umm...ok.

As for Harvin, the first time he gets into trouble with the law, the rest of the NFL will be laughing because they didn't draft him when he "should" have been drafted (except for the Bengals, who apparently adore those kinds of players).

FWIW, the Vikings have a very good chance of making the playoffs. After that though, I just can't see it happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:30 PM   #461
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Easy now, once Seattle actually fields 3/4 of their starters, they'll be right there Hell, they nearly beat the Bears last week with what, 11 of their starters not playing.

When was the last time Seattle had 3/4 of their starters playing? Its seems like as a team they have been injured for 3 years.
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:47 PM   #462
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom1979 View Post
When was the last time Seattle had 3/4 of their starters playing? Its seems like as a team they have been injured for 3 years.

Wait, Seattle has a team?

Quote:
Old 09-29-2009, 08:53 PM   #463
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Vikings dominated yet needed a KO return and a last second TD to win?
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:20 PM   #464
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post

Not in basketball....
Old 09-29-2009, 10:16 PM   #465
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post

What a dumbass statement. Seahawks have some of the best fan support in the NFL but I guess they are the one team you don't root for.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:23 PM   #466
hoopsguy
General Manager

RomaGoth wants winners.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:06 PM   #467
Travis
Pro Rookie

Hey, at least this year they're losing starters all over the field, last year it was just offensive linemen and wide receivers.

So far it's not a series of IR level injuries. They *should* be close to healthy by week 6. Fingers crossed anyway.

That said, the difference in a lot of the replacement starters having a full week of starter reps made a huge difference against the Bears. Whether or not they can give the Colts a run for it will be interesting to see, but the depth quality could be what prolongs/potentially saves their season.

Last edited by Travis : 09-29-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:25 AM   #468
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Picking up on our earleir discussion about the Dolphins QB situation. Well, it looks like they decided that the season isn't quite over. They didn't get Garcia, but traded the Chiefs for Tyler Thigpen.

Well as the resident Tyler Thigpen fan, very happy with this trade. He was inactive for all of KC's game and clearly was odd man out since the Cassel trade. Hopefully he gets a chance to play for the Dolphins this season-it seems like a perfect fit for him.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:02 AM   #469
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
RomaGoth wants winners.

So does Mike Singletary

He is in the NFL top five for that rant.... right up there with Jim Mora, Dennis Green, and Herman Edwards

Last edited by fantom1979 : 09-30-2009 at 08:03 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:19 AM   #470
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Well as the resident Tyler Thigpen fan, very happy with this trade. He was inactive for all of KC's game and clearly was odd man out since the Cassel trade. Hopefully he gets a chance to play for the Dolphins this season-it seems like a perfect fit for him.

Going to a team where none of the receivers can get open except for the one who can't catch anything is perfect for him?

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:31 AM   #471
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
What a dumbass statement. Seahawks have some of the best fan support in the NFL but I guess they are the one team you don't root for.

Just making a joke, lighten up. Oh, and don't stop with the witty comments about my favorite teams, they never get old. Umm, let's see:

I root for, maybe 6 teams across all professional/college sports. I guess that is too many by your logic. Please, give me a number of teams I should root for so I can be a "true" fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
RomaGoth wants winners.

Don't we all? My teams don't always win though. It just seems like it.

Quote:
Old 09-30-2009, 08:55 AM   #472
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Going to a team where none of the receivers can get open except for the one who can't catch anything is perfect for him?

I'm guessing he was referring to the Wildcat formations and other running plays in their offense. Thigpen had 300+ yards last year for KC just on scrambling alone. His passing is erratic at times, but he can scramble well and pick up 10-15 yards if the secondary drops back too deep.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:04 AM   #473
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post

Camarillo and Bess are decent 2nd-tier receivers. But Ginn sure ain't justifying Cam Cameron's faith in him.

Last edited by Kodos : 09-30-2009 at 09:04 AM.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:07 AM   #474
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Camarillo and Bess are decent 2nd-tier receivers. But Ginn sure ain't justifying Cam Cameron's faith in him.

Didn't they draft him with the intention of using him for kick/punt returns, not so much as a starting WR?

Quote:
Old 09-30-2009, 09:11 AM   #475
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Why would they draft a kick returner with the 9th overall pick? Certainly they were expecting him to develop as a starting WR.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:15 AM   #476
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Maybe Cameron was overly-influenced by the then recent successes of Dante Hall and Devin Hester. Plus, there was the family connection, apparently.

I'm actually semi-serious here....
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:10 AM   #477
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post

I'm not going to knock the Seabirds and the stellar effort by a lot of back-ups, but Seattle did benefit from some ass-tacular tackling on the part of the Bears. I wanted to reach through my TV set and slap Peanut Tillman for going for the ball instead of the tackle on that screen pass to Julius Jones.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:22 AM   #478
remper
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
I'm not going to knock the Seabirds and the stellar effort by a lot of back-ups, but Seattle did benefit from some ass-tacular tackling on the part of the Bears. I wanted to reach through my TV set and slap Peanut Tillman for going for the ball instead of the tackle on that screen pass to Julius Jones.

I hear that. Tillman has to know the situation there that he is the last line of defense and needs to actually try to TACKLE THE GUY, not the ball. If Jones were surrounded by defenders or already wrapped up then go for the ball.
remper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:28 AM   #479
Travis
Pro Rookie

Fair enough, and I'll agree with you there. Mostly I was impressed at how much better Wallace, Hawthorne and Herring looked after getting in a full week of reps with the first unit after coming in for emergency relief a week before against SF and, well, not looking nearly as good.

That said, I still think that over turned call on the fumble was bogus. And before you call me a homer, I would think the same thing had he been ruled down on the field and they reversed the call to a fumble. I didn't see a single replay that showed anything conclusive to lead to a change in ruling.

And even then, if Mare doesn't crap the bed on both those kicks they have a chance to tie it with a FG at the end of the game rather than having to go for the touchdown. Was a multiple punch to the gut sort of game seeing the efforts so many depth players/forced starters put in really wasted by 3 out of the ordinary (imho) mistakes.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:33 AM   #480
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I'm not going to comment on the overturn of the Forte fumble because...well...because you're probably right.

This was my first time seeing the Seahawks this season, and Seneca Wallace impressed me. Yes, he has some issues with accuracy, but the guy moves around in the pocket and buys time like few others in the league. I've been impressed with him mobility since his days at Iowa State, and as backup QBs go, he's definitely one of the better ones out there.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)

Last edited by DataKing : 09-30-2009 at 10:34 AM.
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:56 AM   #481
Travis
Pro Rookie

I was really impressed at how well he moved around and hit guys with sharp throws, for the most part. Seemed like he could do that so long as he was moving forward or laterally when he was making the throw, his problems and inaccuracy seemed to mostly occur when he was throwing while moving backwards and he didn't have the touch to be able to make the drop in type throws as opposed to throwing darts.

Now granted, that's with limited practice time with the starting group, but if he'd been able to make those drop in type throws a couple of times (once to Carlson for sure, almost positive there was a second instance where his intended target likely would have been either a long gainer or a touchdown) it would have likely changed the face of the game. Should (hopefully) improve as he gets more reps with the first unit.

I'm quite happy with him as the backup and hell, even as a starter once he gets up to speed with the playbook. I'd rather have Hass in there, don't get me wrong, but so long as Knapp calls plays to try and reduce the height issues (so yes, lots and lots of roll outs) it is fun to watch Seneca play.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:36 PM   #482
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I'm guessing he was referring to the Wildcat formations and other running plays in their offense. Thigpen had 300+ yards last year for KC just on scrambling alone. His passing is erratic at times, but he can scramble well and pick up 10-15 yards if the secondary drops back too deep.

What he said
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:39 PM   #483
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm stoked about Thiggy getting another chance. He pretty much single handedly keep me in the Fantasy Football hunt for the title last year.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:49 PM   #484
Logan
Head Coach

Didn't Cam Cameron defend the Ginn pick by saying something like "we drafted his family"?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:55 PM   #485
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom1979 View Post
So does Mike Singletary

He is in the NFL top five for that rant.... right up there with Jim Mora, Dennis Green, and Herman Edwards

Yeah, but the others were mostly funny. His is kind of motivational. I remember driving home from that game and hearing this live on the radio. My wife and I immediately turned to eachother and said "wow...that was awesome".