Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-05-2005, 07:00 PM   #451
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
Todd - are you going to get it?!
Didn't I tell you I'm waiting on impressions first, hence the order to save me $15 from DVD planet?

Well....

I feel like an ass.. I called, the lady said she would put it behind the counter with my name on it so I drove there after work (it's on the way home), pull into the parking lot and call once again just to make sure. The manager gets on the phone and tells me the associate didn't know the street date was 07/12 and she's sorry, but she can't sell me a copy. I gave the usual, I drove for two hours, the rest of the stores are selling them, etc.. but she told me she's not going to pay the $5000 fine for selling one.

Sheesh... some people.

I did go into the store and act like I knew nothing about the release date.. "Hey, do you have any copies of NCAA 2006?" They look at eachother and say, "Sorry, the release date is 07/12.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 07-05-2005 at 07:02 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:02 PM   #452
ahbrady
High School JV

Just to fill you guys in on my NCAA '06 status. I thought I would check out Toys R Us and Target really quick tonight. I went by Toys R Us and didn't see it on the shelves, but one of the workers asked me what I was looking for. I told him, and he said it came in today. He went to the back and brought it out. Before I could buy it, though, he said he had to check to see if he could sell it. That bursted my bubble, but after about a 5 minute conversation on his headset with the manager, he told me I could buy it. So I am about to start playing. I just wanted to rub it in a little before I played it. I probably should have checked it out first though, with my luck I'll probably get a dirty disk error.
ahbrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:05 PM   #453
Ironhead
College Prospect

Just called the FYE near me in New Jersey and the guy said they have 3 copies in stock for the Xbox. Sounded like he would sell me one if I go in there so I will be going as soon as I finish my vegetable fried rice.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:06 PM   #454
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Base-tards!
Old 07-05-2005, 07:09 PM   #455
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Darn. I'm jealous of you guys.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:10 PM   #456
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
I thought jbmagic grew up in the US...of course, I don't have his spreadsheet in front of me so I can't check.

You're right, he did - for some reason I thought he was from Sicily.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:11 PM   #457
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead
Just called the FYE near me in New Jersey and the guy said they have 3 copies in stock for the Xbox. Sounded like he would sell me one if I go in there so I will be going as soon as I finish my vegetable fried rice.

Vegetable Fried Rice > NCAA 2006??!

I will never understand today's youth
how do you know?

Old 07-05-2005, 07:11 PM   #458
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
HTF would people from NJ get it but its as rare as the chupacabra here in Vegas?
Old 07-05-2005, 07:20 PM   #459
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Oh well - I just called my two local FYE's. The first said no, they haven't received the shipment yet and the second said it comes out on the 17th. Can someone slip me a roofie or something until the 12th?
how do you know?

Old 07-05-2005, 07:35 PM   #460
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
Oh well - I just called my two local FYE's. The first said no, they haven't received the shipment yet and the second said it comes out on the 17th. Can someone slip me a roofie or something until the 12th?

I would, but I was hoping to have sex with my wife tonight...
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:41 PM   #461
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
I would, but I was hoping to have sex with my wife tonight...
I'm sure you can find someone on this message board that can take care of that for you.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 08:09 PM   #462
jbmagic
Pro Starter

ahbrady

your very lucky.

now your honor to make a new post and title it NCAA 2006 first impressions

cant wait to hear how you liking it.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 08:41 PM   #463
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I've been to Toys R Us, CompUSA, FYE, EBGames, Circuit City, K-Mart, GameTrader, Target, and Wal-Mart tonight (in that order). I don't have the game.

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 07-05-2005 at 08:42 PM.
Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 08:42 PM   #464
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
I've been to Toys R Us, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, CompUSA, FYE, EBGames, and Target tonight. I don't have the game.

Darn

Seeing you post, I was thinking it was going to be good news.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:42 PM   #465
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Darn

Seeing you post, I was thinking it was going to be good news.

I just edited to add the other places and to rearrange the order.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:42 PM   #466
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

By the way, where is a FYE in New Orleans?
Old 07-05-2005, 08:43 PM   #467
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahbrady
Just to fill you guys in on my NCAA '06 status. I thought I would check out Toys R Us and Target really quick tonight. I went by Toys R Us and didn't see it on the shelves, but one of the workers asked me what I was looking for. I told him, and he said it came in today. He went to the back and brought it out. Before I could buy it, though, he said he had to check to see if he could sell it. That bursted my bubble, but after about a 5 minute conversation on his headset with the manager, he told me I could buy it. So I am about to start playing. I just wanted to rub it in a little before I played it. I probably should have checked it out first though, with my luck I'll probably get a dirty disk error.

you son of a bitch..
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 08:43 PM   #468
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
By the way, where is a FYE in New Orleans?

Esplanade Mall in Kenner. I think that's the only one in the area.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:45 PM   #469
korme
Go Reds

That 7 minute video I watched just looks sharp. Finally all the movements and just everything feels very realistic, each tackle, nothing looks fake. I'm finally pumped up. Also thhat link to the dynasty report makes me excited for that, I'll probably start that before I start a race for the heisman.

Might create Wright State and take them to glory, or start with Ohio, not sure yet.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:48 PM   #470
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Esplanade Mall in Kenner. I think that's the only one in the area.

Ahh, I've heard some of them are selling it, but didn't know we had one near us. I hardly ever go to the Esplanade Mall (except when I'm by Mrs. Eaglesfan's grandparents since they live in Kenner.)

If my call isn't too bad tonight, and the storm doesn't hit too bad (actually it might be helping the call night be good tonight) I'll probably try all of those stores tomorrow..
Old 07-05-2005, 08:50 PM   #471
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
I've been to Toys R Us, CompUSA, FYE, EBGames, Circuit City, K-Mart, GameTrader, Target, and Wal-Mart tonight (in that order). I don't have the game.

Bah, sorry to hear that Pumpy. I think the core here at FOFC is just destined to wait until the 12th.

For me that's not completely awful - I'll be out on business tomorrow and Thursday and then we're taking the kids to Baltimore on Mon/Tues of next week. Do you think they'll understand we need to leave the Inner Harbor a bit early?
how do you know?

Old 07-05-2005, 08:50 PM   #472
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Quote:

Which FYE did you go to? Anywhere in the North Jersey area?
lcjjdnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:19 PM   #473
Ironhead
College Prospect

I just got back and it was a painful strikeout. The two clerks obviously had no idea that the game wasn't supposed to come out until the 12th. Their computer said that they had 3 copies in stock and they searched every bit of stock they had in the front of the store and also the backroom and couldn't find a copy. If they could have found even 1 of those 3 copies they would have sold it to me.

If anyone else would like to give it a shot it was the FYE in Freehold Mall in Freehold. I am giving up until I see the EBs and Gamestops selling it for sure.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:53 PM   #474
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

What gets me is when you go to bestbuy.com and click on pre-order for NCAA 2006 and then select in-store pickup and it says "in stock". Stuff like that irritates me.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:05 PM   #475
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Yep, that's what suckered me in. I have a pre-order at Gamestop and a paid in full at Best Buy.

It's almost like getting drunk and then going gambling on the internet. A week from now I'll have that gambling/pre-ordering remorse.
how do you know?

Old 07-05-2005, 10:08 PM   #476
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

The NCAA forum is hoppin tonight... it does seem like this game is really getting some hype. People buying them from ebay for $90-$115, a 50+ page thread over at OS talking about where to get it, etc.. EA is really getting stronger by the day... I could see them holding the key to sports games very soon, if not already.

Old 07-05-2005, 10:12 PM   #477
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
The NCAA forum is hoppin tonight... it does seem like this game is really getting some hype. People buying them from ebay for $90-$115, a 50+ page thread over at OS talking about where to get it, etc.. EA is really getting stronger by the day... I could see them holding the key to sports games very soon, if not already.

Unfort. the only EA product that I prefer besides NCAA (no competition), MVP, is going away .
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:21 PM   #478
ahbrady
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
ahbrady

your very lucky.

now your honor to make a new post and title it NCAA 2006 first impressions

cant wait to hear how you liking it.

I'll try to give some impressions in the next couple of days. The only downside to getting the game right now is the next two weeks I'm quite a bit busier than usual for the summer. I only got a chance to play a couple of games tonight. I played on All-American with no slider changes. There were only a couple of dropped passes that I can remember. One was a bullet from only about 4 or 5 yards away. I don't think I ever had a game with 2005 that didn't have dozens of drops, so that aspect definitely seems better than last year. I don't know that I have played enough to give much more detail than that right now. I guess if I play more, it won't exactly be my first impression though. I'm happy right now, but I'm still a little giddy over just having the game. I want to wait until I've played a little more to tell you guys what I think of it for sure.
ahbrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 05:05 AM   #479
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Its like that every year at OS.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:18 AM   #480
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog
Its like that every year at OS.

More so this year.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:27 AM   #481
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Same story here. Went to Target, EB Games, FYE, Wal-Mart and Toys R' Us alst night here in Indy. No luck whatsoever. I now officially give up until EB Games calls me when my preorder is in.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:27 PM   #482
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

UNLV better have black shoe laces or Im not uying the game.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:32 PM   #483
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Dola: From what I have read it seems that the Michael Vick type qb is nearly invincible/must this year and that scoring is rampant! Bah!
Old 07-06-2005, 01:36 PM   #484
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
Dola: From what I have read it seems that the Michael Vick type qb is nearly invincible/must this year and that scoring is rampant! Bah!

Sweet, we're now only two years behind Madden!
Old 07-06-2005, 01:42 PM   #485
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

In Ncaa 2005, I had a Charlie Wade type qb named Aric Pryce, and lemme tell you he torched the competition. His senior year he threw for 3500 yds and 40/10 td/int ratio and ran for 670 yds and 8 tds. but lost to some prick from Ole Miss who had 24 tds and 15 ints, still puzzles me how he won over my guy?

Last edited by CHEMICAL SOLDIER : 07-06-2005 at 01:50 PM.
CHEMICAL SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 01:55 PM   #486
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Dola: The funny thing is that the media had my qb as The Shoe in the past 3 years and his senior year he was at the top of the list all season and the Ole Miss qb who won wasnt even anywhere near my qb in terms of stats and big games, as well as accolades (Ole Miss qb: was his only year as a starter).
Ole miss went 4-7 that year. What irritated me was that he won in a landslide!!!!

If it happened in real life it would probably have ranked as one of the biggest travesties in college football awards history.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:02 PM   #487
korme
Go Reds

I think I might check some stores today and buy this if I find it anywhere.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:55 PM   #488
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:

Yeah, but later in the same thread others give the guy grief because he doesn't know defense - and he was only saying it's invincible in an online environment if you "cheese" it.
how do you know?

Old 07-06-2005, 05:34 PM   #489
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Here's a little update on the game release: As I mentioned earlier we got copies of the game at the CompUSA I work at yesterday. Today an email was circulated stating that no copies of the game are to be sold until 7/12.

Also, the email stated that the punishment for selling early was to reduce the allotment of Madden copies going to each offending store at that game's release. A slap on the wrist compared to some of the heavy fines some companies (see: Microsoft) levy against retailers for selling software early. Maybe EA knows they f'ed up.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 05:59 PM   #490
Izulde
Head Coach

Yeah I just stopped by the Gamestop I pre-purchased at and they're holding firm on the 12th, still.

If it was any other store but that one, I'd have said hell with it and cancelled my pre-order, but they've been too good to me there for me to go anyplace else.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 07:03 PM   #491
SeaSquirrel
Banned

I was stupid and ordered it from EA.
SeaSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 07:16 PM   #492
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I just don't understand why EA shipped the game out two weeks in advance and then never officially announced a release date on their website. This is crazy.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:23 PM   #493
SeaSquirrel
Banned

and if they can ship it 2 weeks in advance to CompUSA, why can't they ship my copy?
SeaSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 07:28 PM   #494
korme
Go Reds

Just why the hell do they even have to hold it off til the 12th? If the game was ready June 25, why must it not be available to customers for 2 more weeks?
Old 07-06-2005, 07:33 PM   #495
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

At least EA has finally posted an official ship date on their website. Of course, it says that it's shipping July 12, which makes me wonder if it actually won't be available for sale in stores until July 13. Oh dear.

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 07-06-2005 at 07:34 PM.
Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 07:35 PM   #496
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
I just don't understand why EA shipped the game out two weeks in advance and then never officially announced a release date on their website. This is crazy.
They probably thought they could beat Halo 2's single day launch.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:54 PM   #497
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Quote:

They know they probably won't beat those numbers, but I believe you will see things like this happen more often. When publishing numbers, this is one of those key statistics that companies like to brag about.

We sold 200k copies the first day on release, or this many millions of dollars. In the past usually EB/Gamespot would get their games before the major retailers. Major retailers would not get the game overnighted for special delivery but EB and Gamespot would. Sales would be spread out and didn't have that single day umph.

That is my opinion anyway.

Last edited by astrosfan64 : 07-06-2005 at 09:59 PM.
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:08 PM   #498
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:

If this was the case, I think there would be a more coordinated push of the solid street date. However, aside from being mentioned as the street date on websites, I haven't seen much with '7/12' plastered around, ya know?

I think that this is just a case of the game being ready to ship from the manufacturuer a few weeks back, and just getting to retailers a bit early.
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 01:26 AM   #499
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Didn't I tell you I'm waiting on impressions first, hence the order to save me $15 from DVD planet?

Well....

I feel like an ass.. I called, the lady said she would put it behind the counter with my name on it so I drove there after work (it's on the way home), pull into the parking lot and call once again just to make sure. The manager gets on the phone and tells me the associate didn't know the street date was 07/12 and she's sorry, but she can't sell me a copy. I gave the usual, I drove for two hours, the rest of the stores are selling them, etc.. but she told me she's not going to pay the $5000 fine for selling one.

Sheesh... some people.

I did go into the store and act like I knew nothing about the release date.. "Hey, do you have any copies of NCAA 2006?" They look at eachother and say, "Sorry, the release date is 07/12.

I got you beat todd, i was about to buy it when some jackass told the kid ringing it up they'd be fined if they sold it to me (the jackass wasn't a employee there.. probably was bitter i got the last copy)

So i'm fairly hacked off right now.. off to play some grand theft auto
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 01:43 AM   #500
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Ok, so I called Babbages here in SJ and they said they have the game for Xbox, and they'd sell it to me. So I drove over there, went up to the counter, and asked for NCAA 2006. The person at the counter told me he'd never heard of it, and that they didn't have any. I was fuckin' PISSED! I asked to speak to the manager, so the dipshit went to the back and after 10 agonizing minutes he came back with the manager, another snot-nosed punk. He asked me what the problem was...I couldn't believe this shit....I said--no, I yelled "I AM HERE AT THIS MOTHERFUCKIN' DUMP YOU CALL BABBAGES FOR MY NAACP 2006, MOTHERFUCKER, AND IF YOU DON'T PUT A COPY OF THAT SHIT IN MY HAND IN 10 SECONDS I'M GONNA BEAT YOUR FUCKIN' ASS!" And I slammed $53 on the counter. The manager then told me that Babbages Inc. had gone out of business and that the store I was in was actually a Williams Sonoma.

Can you believe the nerve of these people? Just admit to me that you lied.

Last edited by Karlifornia : 07-07-2005 at 01:45 AM.
Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote