Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-03-2004, 12:37 PM   #451
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel
Ok, so let's meet in Atlas Park 2 tonight at 9pm EST and then head into Perez Park. We can patrol the streets or head into the park. I think that entering from Atlas is better than Galaxy.

See you all tonight.

Who are you bringing to the suarez?

I'd like to bring my tanker, but he is only 4 or 5th level so i guess The BlackFedora is making another appearance. Since there are other controllers (AoQ just made one and Key West Mike) I may start a blaster or something.

See you in Atlas Park 2 tonight!

Which server will this be? If it is different from Virtue, I won't have a player with enough xp to get into Perez.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 01:57 PM   #452
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Which server will this be? If it is different from Virtue, I won't have a player with enough xp to get into Perez.

On Victory.

Get crackin' j/k

if we have as many as we had Tues, we may need to groups.
Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 02:08 PM   #453
Bonegavel

FYI: a new patch was issued today that has the CoH boards ablaze with chatter.
Old 06-03-2004, 02:22 PM   #454
gi
College Prospect

happy that task force's are fixed. Really happy about acc metabolism...Mo Town can use it more on you guys...
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 10:57 PM   #455
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

where's everyone?
Old 06-04-2004, 06:42 AM   #456
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Sorry for the sudden out guys, I needed to go anyway but an imortant call came through.
Old 06-04-2004, 06:54 AM   #457
hoopsguy
General Manager

Had to leave a little early last night, but here is a recap from the couple of hours that I was there.

Black Fedora, Cometflash, Project Schism, Charbroiler, and Doctor Evil set out for Perez Park. In an effort to avoid the bloodbath that was Tuesday night, it was agreed to approach from the Atlas Park side and start with the Lvl 7 groups, slowly working our way up. Our group was composed of Lvl 7-9 heroes. It was apparent quickly that the Level 7 and 8s were not going to push us much. Key West Mike soon joined us (love the TP power for Black Fedora, saves aimless and dangerous walking to catch up with group) and we started targeting some bigger game. If we could find it .... Perez Park was a ghost town, obviously a lot of other heroes were patrolling here as well.

We began heading back to the Atlas Park exit, with the intent of taking on a couple of missions. On the way back we finally ran across a Lvl 10 group. Gulp. Yet we finished them with surprising ease. Helps that there was no Damned (boss) in the group. Now we were getting a little cocky, taking on 9s and 10s and acquitting ourselves nicely until we ran into a buzzsaw. Four of the six men went down to a group of 10s led by a Damned that we didn't take out very quickly. Key West Mike and I managed to escape the bloodbath with our lives. From there, Doc Evil made one aborted attempt to return to the scene of the slaughter before getting some help from KWM and getting in to resurrect Black Fedora. From there, Fedora was able to teleport the corpses to safety where we were able to finish resurrecting our party.

Chastened, we made a point of taking out the Damned more aggressively going forward and just tightening up our play in general. The gangs were back in force in Perez at this point, so we proceeded to rout everything in sight until KWM headed out for the night. I don't think there was another battle where we lost two men. It did seem, on a couple of occassions, that the Hellions had it out for Black Fedora, relentlessly chasing him around the map.

Down to five men, we sent the call out to Aucoin to join the fold as we headed off to Atlas Park to take out a couple of missions. It was at this point that I called it a night, weary from a busy session of healing and looking to placate Mrs Evil/Hoopsguy on the homefront.

Last edited by hoopsguy : 06-04-2004 at 06:55 AM.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 07:59 AM   #458
Bonegavel

Nice recount HG. I'm wondering if the Hellions chasing me (which is something new, IIRC) is thanks to the patch. Something in the patch about Taunt/Provoke/aggro from tanks not being as effective/total. Normally the Tank keeps most of the MOB engaged. Personally, I'm glad as it was something unexpected as I typically sit back and mind-control in relative safety.

I really don't see what everyone on the CoH forums is bitching about with the new patch. We had fun.
Old 06-04-2004, 08:03 AM   #459
gi
College Prospect

At the point Aucoin joined up, the group started a mission...deaths were everywhere....mission aborted....most of the superheros went to bed...

I'll catch up in level with Aucoin tonight. 8 or 9 is the target level now?
Old 06-04-2004, 11:48 AM   #460
JeeberD
General Manager

Sorry I couldn't be there last night, sounds like you guys had some fun...

In regards to PP being a ghost town...yesterday afternoon I took GI Jeeber out for a while in King's Row and the whole entire area was deserted. Usually KR is teeming with Skulls, but I had to search high and low to find some. Is that part of the new update or something? I don't really enjoy having to search and search and search for prey...

Oh, BG, are you going to be able to post that screencap from Tuesday? I'm interested in seeing how that turned out...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 11:50 AM   #461
gi
College Prospect

Been reading the boards...appartently us getting killed in that mission is happening to everyone. Good thing we wanted to keep our levels the same, we will need to if this patch is not removed. Any mob higher than 4 levels from your own, will be VERY HARD to kill now.
Old 06-04-2004, 11:54 AM   #462
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi
Been reading the boards...appartently us getting killed in that mission is happening to everyone. Good thing we wanted to keep our levels the same, we will need to if this patch is not removed. Any mob higher than 4 levels from your own, will be VERY HARD to kill now.
the people on the board are blowing things way out of porportion (sp?) I played yesterday with my main guy and had an easy time with lvl 29s and majority in the team was 26-27. You just have to play smart. we got killed because comet got disconnected during the fight. and then when the mobs were already aggroed black fedora got too close and they all attacked him before the rest of us got there.

Last edited by ageofquarrel : 06-04-2004 at 11:56 AM.
ageofquarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 12:00 PM   #463
gi
College Prospect

after 5 levels I believe it is no longer about being smart...just the odds are sooo hard now. Like you start with a 1% chance to hit. I read the dev notes on this. Smart play is always missing from a lot of people. Why work for something right? Only the easy way...blah blah....

Not that I believe this patch is a bad thing. Only something to keep in mind now with grouping similar level heros.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:00 PM   #464
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
KWM is built as a support system for this group. with that in mind, so you all think steamy mist or flash would better help us?
Old 06-04-2004, 12:03 PM   #465
gi
College Prospect

Based on descriptions only, I would vote for flash.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:10 PM   #466
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

I just wanted to post some screenshots of the COT city. Someone else in my SG took them I am the bald guy in green. I belive the portals lead different people to different portals its a pain in the ass.

http://www.reignofelysian.com/coh/15.jpg
http://www.reignofelysian.com/coh/13.jpg
http://www.reignofelysian.com/coh/14.jpg
http://www.reignofelysian.com/coh/16.jpg
http://www.reignofelysian.com/coh/17.jpg
http://www.reignofelysian.com/coh/18.jpg
http://www.reignofelysian.com/coh/19.jpg
http://www.reignofelysian.com/coh/20.jpg
http://www.reignofelysian.com/coh/21.jpg
http://www.reignofelysian.com/coh/22.jpg
Old 06-04-2004, 12:40 PM   #467
Bonegavel

yeah JeeberD, I will post that shot. Since I discontinued bonegavel.com I have no place to post pics but I'll find a way.

As for the patch, i think it is bang on and it seems that support charcters will now be in more demand than ever. You are going to have to buff/debuff the hell out of teams to get the job done. Before the patch with Ramsack (i've joined a very active SG on Virtue), we never needed healing. If you had a few green and blue inspirations you didn't need a healer even taking on 5+ level baddies.

controllers and defs are going to be far more useful now and that is good, IMHO.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:52 PM   #468
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
yeah JeeberD, I will post that shot. Since I discontinued bonegavel.com I have no place to post pics but I'll find a way.

If you want to e-mail it to me I can host it for you...

JeeberD AT Hotmail.com

Old 06-04-2004, 02:52 PM   #469
Bad-example
College Starter

Good fun again last night. Sorry I was unable to stay later, but living with my elderly parents means I need to help them out on very short notice on occasion.

Charbroiler got killed a couple times but still gained half a level. Tanker is a pretty fun class to play so far. Taunting 5 different mobs away from beleaguered teammates during one encounter was my personal highlight. It can be a little frustrating being unable to deal much damage...it takes me forever to kill anything my level or above.

I started a dark/invulnerability scrapper and got him to level 6...will mainly solo when I play him but he might be ok in a duo or small group setting. Professor Ion is his name.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 07:39 AM   #470
Bonegavel

I have a scrapper now on Victory that is 6/7 level. If anyone wants to join up with me tonight to help me get to 8/9 and in line with our other alts, just let me know. Scrapper is a fun AT.
Old 06-07-2004, 07:41 AM   #471
gi
College Prospect

My defender needs a level or two, I'll join you tonight. Name: Aucoin
Old 06-07-2004, 11:57 PM   #472
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I'm very happy that they're going to scale back some of the changes made in the 6/3 patch and make it a bit easier to hit high level mobs. Should help a lot I think!
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 06:22 AM   #473
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bonegavel, never saw you online last night. Of course, didn't have a name to search for either, which makes it a little more difficult. I pondered asking each hero around Lvl 6 that I saw, "Are you Bonegavel?" but pretty quickly decided I didn't hate myself enough to do this. So I sent a tell to Aucoin, who had picked up a couple of other people to do some missions. I think we both got two levels before calling it quits.

Long story short, I have a Controller named Bulletproof Ike that is sitting at 8th level that I could bring into action tonight, depending on what the party is going to look like. If Black Fedora won't be in action, and Aucoin will be, then I might go this route just to do something different. I also have leveled up my Tanker Don the Baptist to 10th level.

We are fast approaching the point where we can sidekick lower level characters if someone feels like bringing along a new character without having to level them up to 7/8/9 to play with the group. Also, it is drawing near the time to pick out a superhero team name. Lets come up with something that doesn't involve violating fowls.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:39 AM   #474
gi
College Prospect

Super Group name: Take Twice Weekly
Old 06-08-2004, 07:45 AM   #475
Bonegavel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Bonegavel, never saw you online last night. Of course, didn't have a name to search for either, which makes it a little more difficult. I pondered asking each hero around Lvl 6 that I saw, "Are you Bonegavel?" but pretty quickly decided I didn't hate myself enough to do this. So I sent a tell to Aucoin, who had picked up a couple of other people to do some missions. I think we both got two levels before calling it quits.

I have to apologize for last night. My evening turned into an impromptu patio party with several neighbors as our patio is FINALLY complete and we moved all the furniture onto it. I cooked many hotdogs and passed out many beers and when darkness came, I spent another hour or so under-the-lights shoveling dirt. I have 3 mulch beds to finish and the wife has plants sitting around waiting for my part to be complete. BTW, shoveling dirt with a partial buzz in very humid weather isn't recommended.

I had planned on logging in around 9 or so, but once I finally entered my house around 10:30, I went for a shower and then bed.

Bonegavel Says "You don't own your house; your house owns you"

Quote:
Long story short, I have a Controller named Bulletproof Ike that is sitting at 8th level that I could bring into action tonight, depending on what the party is going to look like. If Black Fedora won't be in action, and Aucoin will be, then I might go this route just to do something different. I also have leveled up my Tanker Don the Baptist to 10th level.

My scrapper is named Albino Claw and is a regen/claw. I will definitely be on at 9pm tonight for our Tues/Thurs mixer and will probably use BlackFedora as Albino isn't up-to-speed yet.

What zone are we meeting in? I vote for Atlas Park 2 at Ms Liberty.

Quote:
We are fast approaching the point where we can sidekick lower level characters if someone feels like bringing along a new character without having to level them up to 7/8/9 to play with the group. Also, it is drawing near the time to pick out a superhero team name. Lets come up with something that doesn't involve violating fowls.

I vote for "The Isle of Misfit Toys" for an SG name.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:50 AM   #476
gi
College Prospect

AP2 is fine with me. I like your SG name better than mine And yes, your house owns you..that is why I sold mine and rent now...
Old 06-08-2004, 09:30 AM   #477
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Trickshot a gunman/fire blaster is available for duty but I won't be around until after 10:30 at the latest.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:46 AM   #478
JeeberD
General Manager

I have to work tonight, but I'll join y'all when I'm done there. Hopefully that will be at 1030 Central at the very latest...

Old 06-09-2004, 06:17 AM   #479
Thomkal
Head Coach

My monitor woes kept me from returning last night. So what happened after I left and did anyone get to Level 10? Not sure if I will be there on Thurs (or next Tues) as I'm going out of town starting Friday morning through Tues afternoon.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 06:20 AM   #480
hoopsguy
General Manager

Ended up with a crew of seven for last night, with a rotating cast that had some new characters from the usual FOFC participants.

Aucoin took over as the healer on this evening, allowing me to bring in a Gravity/Force Field (think I used one force field in three hours) Controller named Bulletproof Ike. Black Fedora took the night off to allow Albino Claw to show us how to die repeatedly against Vaz. There were three big missions, one to recover the Jewel of Hera, another to down a Clockworks boss, and a third to take out a top-level Vaz. Competition was level 8 or 9 for most of the evening, but they came in serious numbers with a lot of lieutenants and bosses. All in all, a lot of fun blasting through these missions. I think everyone got at least one level. We have a few people that should be right on the brink of Level 10, so next week we should be able to sidekick people who want to bring a new hero along for the ride.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:01 AM   #481
Bonegavel

Yes. Dying 101 was in session last night and I hope you all learned some good techniques. Actually, hoopsguy's suggestion, to wait for battle to ensue and then come in from the perifery, was the key to my later success. Thanks. It didn't help that I was only 7th level going against 9th Level Lts and Bosses. With the current MOB scaling, it is real tough to take out MOBs a little higher than you.

Scrappers are fun but they die way too easily. I think I will solo him to be at least a level higher than the group so I can participate.

Still had fun. JeeberD, I will hopefully send you the couple-o-screenshots I have of the group tonight. Side-Kicking will open up our ability to play all sorts of alts if we want.

Last edited by Bonegavel : 06-09-2004 at 08:05 AM.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:52 AM   #482
gi
College Prospect

I had a fun (if not taxing) time healing you guys last night. Your Scrapper kept me very busy. I have found a whole new appreciation for the Hasten ability. Without it, most of the group would have been dead....I just couldn't get my heals to recharge quickly enough without it. Might want two healers, or a healer and one controller with emp if we die a lot during these sessions. Last night was decent. Not too many deaths from lack of healing. Overextending, mistakes, and scrappers who need more hitpoints..well...
Old 06-09-2004, 12:06 PM   #483
Bonegavel

You were a healing machine. I will work on Albino Claw to get him a level or 2 above the group so I'm not as much of a burden when using him.

New patch out today. CoH forums are once again ablaze with hate.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:20 PM   #484
gi
College Prospect

Aucoin would rather not get leadership skills and instead get other supporting skills. I will look at getting leadership if no one else is considering it. Anyone considering getting leadership skills for the Tues/Thurs Group?
Old 06-09-2004, 12:58 PM   #485
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
JeeberD, I will hopefully send you the couple-o-screenshots I have of the group tonight.

Sounds good. Send them on over and I'll get them posted ASAP...

I've been getting kinda frustrated with GI Jeeber the past couple of weeks since it seems like it takes him forever to pull his gun out and actually pull the trigger. So last night after everyone left I went ahead and made a fire/fire blaster. I soloed for a few hours (I think I played until about 4am ) and got him up to level 6. I'll probably waste most of my day off today trying to get him up to lvl 9 or 10.

Gentlemen, I bring you....Homer J!!!

I think that Homer got a bad batch of Duff or something cause he sure seems bigger than usual...

I'm also not certain if I'll be able to make it tomorrow evening. My girlfriend is going to be coming over than night and we haven't really been able to spend much time together since she started her new job two weeks ago. So hopefully we'll be doing something that's MUCH more fun than CoH...

Old 06-09-2004, 01:00 PM   #486
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Trickshot is now a level 8.

I'm still curious if I was imagining things, but I decided to experiment with Trickshot and leveling.

I kept him level 2, and kept playing. I leveled up at least 3 times (but still staying at 2) and it seemed (seemed) to me that I was gathering xp faster. It was like the game didn't recognize that I had become a lvl 3, so I was getting high xp for being a low lvl character.

Needless to say, I got a little nervous, you play that long and you wonder, if I keep leveling and not going to the trainer, will the game remember how high I really am, or am I simply repeating lvl 3...etc. All that time wasted, so I went to a trainer...but I'm still curious about it.

I think I was imaginging it all, but it would be one hell of an overlooked exploit if it were true.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:01 PM   #487
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Trickshot has leap and hover now...I plan on concentrating on the gun skills after that...and then teleport (but not for a while).
Old 06-09-2004, 01:03 PM   #488
JeeberD
General Manager

Hover's great. That's what I'm going to get for Homer at lvl 8.

Old 06-09-2004, 01:34 PM   #489
gi
College Prospect

I enjoy using Hover with Aucoin over the group to heal. Also helps if I get shot at since Hover gives you a defensive bonus.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:38 PM   #490
FloridaFringe
H.S. Freshman Team

"Aucoin would rather not get leadership skills and instead get other supporting skills. I will look at getting leadership if no one else is considering it. Anyone considering getting leadership skills for the Tues/Thurs Group?"

Lug has Assault from the Leadership power pool and will be taking Maneuvers at lvl 12 and the other two shortly down the road.

FYI, Saint Stephen is a pure healer type that should be level 8 very soon. His powers are strictly group oriented such as Healing Aura, Heal Other and Resurrect. The plan is to take Recall Friend at lvl 8 and Teleport at lvl 14 in hopes of better serving the group whenever he may be needed. Hope this helps.

Last edited by FloridaFringe : 06-09-2004 at 02:46 PM.
FloridaFringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 02:51 PM   #491
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

I got stealth for schism and will be getting grant insvisibilty later on stealth makes me run slower and has about a 45 second recharge(so i cant turn it on and off) though so expect me to be trailing the pack in missions but i hopefully i can scout ahead for trouble.

Also will we be starting a Super group again?
Old 06-09-2004, 02:56 PM   #492
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageofquarrel
I got stealth for schism and will be getting grant insvisibilty later on stealth makes me run slower and has about a 45 second recharge(so i cant turn it on and off) though so expect me to be trailing the pack in missions but i hopefully i can scout ahead for trouble.

Also will we be starting a Super group again?

YEAH!
Old 06-10-2004, 07:30 AM   #493
Bonegavel

I vote yes for a super group on Victory.

As for tonight, I may or may not be able to join. I'm hoping I can push off my depature until tomorrow but it is unsure.

I have Albino Claw up to 9 now, but if I log in, I'll most likely use Black Fedora.

JeeberD, I have the screen shots with me and will be emailing them to you soon. Does your hotmail account have any size limits I need to worry about?
Old 06-10-2004, 07:34 AM   #494
gi
College Prospect

We're going to need a supergroup on Victory. Just to help us communicate. I should be there tonight with Aucoin.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:46 AM   #495
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Mr Fritz will be AWOL (no biggie since I am a part timer anyhow)
Old 06-10-2004, 09:44 AM   #496
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

Ill be there tonight with schism at 9 pm est. Aso, I heard rumors about the new content patch and why it has been delayed because they will add trenchcoats and WINGS(no capes yet)!!!! I will defintly be making a new guy if this is true.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:23 AM   #497
Thomkal
Head Coach

well my monitor and/or graphics card issue continues, so its a crapshoot if I'll be able to log in tonight or not...that is if I haven't finished packing my suitcase for my trip tomorrow. So don't hold your breath for Cometflash.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 11:37 AM   #498
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
I vote yes for a super group on Victory.

As for tonight, I may or may not be able to join. I'm hoping I can push off my depature until tomorrow but it is unsure.

I have Albino Claw up to 9 now, but if I log in, I'll most likely use Black Fedora.

JeeberD, I have the screen shots with me and will be emailing them to you soon. Does your hotmail account have any size limits I need to worry about?

Hmmm...I'm not sure about the specifics, but Hotmail does get pissy about attachment sizes. Why don't you try to send it both to my Hotmail account and my Comcast account (JeeberD AT Comcast.net) just to be on the safe side...

I only managed to get Homer J up to level 8 yesterday before I pooped out, so I'll be a little behind everyone else if I manage to play tonight...

Edit: Oh, and YES to a Victory FOFC Supergroup...

Last edited by JeeberD : 06-10-2004 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-10-2004, 03:14 PM   #499
Bonegavel

I should be in tonight with the Black Fedora.

Jeebs, I sent the screenshots to you earlier.
Old 06-10-2004, 03:31 PM   #500
JeeberD
General Manager

Pics are hosted, BG. Check your PMs or e-mail...