Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-27-2004, 06:51 AM   #451
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Seems that you are only allowed 1 because you can swap around code and redo things unlike CoH.

The servers should be back up tonight and the rest of the week.
Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 08:35 AM   #452
gi
College Prospect

I'll be creating a new character in MxO today around 5pm. Bio911 will be my first attempt at a name.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 09:22 AM   #453
Bonegavel

Finally have access to the beta boards (apparently it takes a few days to gain access). With family in town from various ports of call I will be busy with them for most of this week, but I will make time to mess around with MxO.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:37 PM   #454
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Keep me posted on MxO.

Right now the servers are still down. Hoping the server comes back up when I get home from work.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:43 PM   #455
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Keep me posted on MxO.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 12:51 PM   #456
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Jeez...after this weekend and having my dad and brother for Christmas, I haven't had time to preorder MxO. I spent the $50 my brother gave me on a wireless XBox controller, so I need to convince my wife that this is the CoH killer.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 10:01 AM   #457
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

It's sounds like a good chunk of you are moving to MxO?

From playing it (beta) what is the major difference between CoH and MxO?

What is combat like?

Is there potential to make really powerful characters out of the box, or very weak characters?

Is there the potential to have so many options that you can potentially gimp your character?

What is the leveling process?

What is the debt process?

What is money? Is there loot?

What is the process for teaming, is there a benefit?

Is the game more PvE or PvP?

What is the situation concerning PvP, everyone fair game, certain areas, or volunteer?

When you die, do you leave special equipment, or when you are reborn do you start from scratch?
Old 12-28-2004, 10:08 AM   #458
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Another thing, I don't play on buying MxO until I hear from gospel that it's stable and better than CoH...

so if you guys play MxO and you keep your beta characters (possible?)...how easy it would it be for me to catch up with you guys?
Old 12-28-2004, 02:15 PM   #459
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

But what /is/ the Matrix?

You make it sound quite fascinating...is it worthwhile to get the beta? Or has that option now passed?

Last edited by Qwikshot : 12-28-2004 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:21 PM   #460
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
But what /is/ the Matrix?

You make it sound quite fascinating...is it worthwhile to get the beta? Or has that option now passed?

Preorder the game and you can get into beta. ebgames.com
Old 12-28-2004, 02:23 PM   #461
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi
Preorder the game and you can get into beta. ebgames.com

Perhaps tonight...I'll follow the white rabbit.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:52 AM   #462
gi
College Prospect

Had a great time last night. Started off with our high level friend Shockwav. Had Pen and Silver with me. Added Gail and others from the other SuperGroup. Drake made a brief appearance followed by Qwik's new alt....there are soooo many. Trans and Io also made an appearance and will be hitting 24 soon.

I will probably not be on tonight. RL takes over.

brb...bio.....
Old 12-29-2004, 09:55 AM   #463
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi
Had a great time last night. Started off with our high level friend Shockwav. Had Pen and Silver with me. Added Gail and others from the other SuperGroup. Drake made a brief appearance followed by Qwik's new alt....there are soooo many. Trans and Io also made an appearance and will be hitting 24 soon.

I will probably not be on tonight. RL takes over.

brb...bio.....

last night was fun, leveling twice in the same mission is amazing...there is nothing like 8 superheroes battling for a common cause.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:57 AM   #464
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Got to level 24 with Bubbles and did the Respec trial this morning. I'm thinking about respecing out teleportation and putting Super Speed in there, but I'm not sure about getting hover for vertical movement.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:33 AM   #465
mtsouth
n00b

Wife was on the CPU last night so it sounds like I missed out on some good gaming. Nook M is still 11, few bubbles short of 12 and I haven't played with Mentallmo in a few weeks. Since Nook is so much lower than most of the other alts, do you guys want me to form another SG for the lesser alts like mine? I've got 2 other alts besides Mental and Nook that I'm playing and would like to team, but I feel they are a burden at their current levels (6 and 7 I think). Just a thought.

Is there any way to trade influence among my characters? Streak was kind enough to heap a ton of influence on Mental and I'd like to move it to some of my other guys.
mtsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 11:53 AM   #466
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi
I heard this guy Aucoin gives it out.

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! After the lubing power you wanted last night, I'm not sure what to think about this!?!
Old 12-29-2004, 11:54 AM   #467
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi
I've found that either Jump from the fitness line does the job or Gail's tp'ing.

Maiden Io and Translectron wish to do the respec. So maybe tomorrow we can do that. Anyone else 24 to 25 welcomed.
Ah...I'll be there if needed.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:56 AM   #468
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Got to level 24 with Bubbles and did the Respec trial this morning. I'm thinking about respecing out teleportation and putting Super Speed in there, but I'm not sure about getting hover for vertical movement.

I've found that either Jump from the fitness line does the job or Gail's tp'ing.

Maiden Io and Translectron wish to do the respec. So maybe tomorrow we can do that. Anyone else 24 to 25 welcomed.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:57 AM   #469
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtsouth
Is there any way to trade influence among my characters? Streak was kind enough to heap a ton of influence on Mental and I'd like to move it to some of my other guys.

I heard this guy Aucoin gives it out. No way to do it without a friend. Around 40+ Influence isn't an issue, so any of us can dump it on your alt.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:24 PM   #470
mtsouth
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi
I heard this guy Aucoin gives it out.

TMI!!!!

So NOT the type of INFLUENCE I'm looking for.

:-)
Old 12-30-2004, 08:49 AM   #471
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtsouth
TMI!!!!

So NOT the type of INFLUENCE I'm looking for.

:-)

And here I was hoping

For the fans......:

I will be on tonight and will be able to help powerlevel you

Old 12-30-2004, 09:23 AM   #472
mtsouth
n00b

I should be on tonight. Might be around 9 or so. I'll bring either Nook or one of my new guys.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:40 AM   #473
C.J.
n00b

Here's hoping the new year will bring Issue 3 updates to our gaming experience!

Gail-Force is on "hold" for now at level 41...waiting for issue 3 to drop so I can pick a Epic Pool power (otherwise, we may see the return of Propel - flying cars and forklifts again!)

Translectron is making a comeback. Gone are the days of jumping off the pier in Independance Port, and being offered a "hand" by Don (only to find out he was just clapping for me). Trans is now level 24.9, got his respec on (grrr...5 hours of 2 attempts at TV Trial) and is now part blaster part defender.....3 attacks (2 more slated) and health/stamina/concealment pool powers. Still no travel power for Trans, he has his own builtin travel powers. Siphon Speed, and Inertial Reduction. Gather for jump buff!

Level 26 will be a sweet spot for Translectron. Get's a power called Transference. Transference drains an enemy of some endurance, and transfers it to all surrounding teammates near the targeted enemy. So, if there's no empathy defender on the team to give out blue candy....Translectron will steal from the rich to give to the poor. The catch is that you have to be near the targeted enemy....might be tough for blasters/controllers/defenders to get some lovin', but scrappers/tankers should smile.
C.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 07:31 AM   #474
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Got Bubbles to within a bubble of level 26. She's getting to be my favorite now, with Streak taking a backseat. I noticed that as a blaster, I always had extra influence (thus the giving it out), and I always wondered why everyone else needed some.

Well, now I know. Bubbles never has extra influence. I attribute this to not dying. When you die, you have the opportunity to gain extra influence when you're the same level as others in the SG.

Just an observation.

Sounds good that Trans is coming back...although I'll miss Gail's outfits!
Old 12-31-2004, 09:18 AM   #475
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Seems like the alts are rising.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:39 AM   #476
C.J.
n00b

Quote:

Sweet Bubbles will have to fill that void then.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:01 PM   #477
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Got Bubbles to within a bubble of level 26. She's getting to be my favorite now, with Streak taking a backseat. I noticed that as a blaster, I always had extra influence (thus the giving it out), and I always wondered why everyone else needed some.

Well, now I know. Bubbles never has extra influence. I attribute this to not dying. When you die, you have the opportunity to gain extra influence when you're the same level as others in the SG.

Just an observation.

I will be more than happy to get you some influence, from the days when you took care of hang...I owe you.

I think I'm going to clean out hang's coffers, to boost Haunt and Drake...

Hauntfox is fun to play, I just need him to get stamina, nothing like hitting +4's with powers to never hit me, to weaken their attacks by 40% while boosting your own by 40%, and another power which weakens defense and slows them down...and that's when I reach for my revolver, er, dark energy snipe and just knock them into nothingness...
Old 12-31-2004, 12:09 PM   #478
C.J.
n00b

What sort of build is Hauntfox?
Almost sounds like similar powers to Kinetcs.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:06 PM   #479
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.
What sort of build is Hauntfox?
Almost sounds like similar powers to Kinetcs.

radiation emission/dark blast...
Old 12-31-2004, 01:06 PM   #480
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

It's like everyone went defender...
Old 12-31-2004, 01:16 PM   #481
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
It's like everyone went defender...

Copycats
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 01:19 PM   #482
C.J.
n00b

lol...what are ya talking about... I was first! Trans is old as dirt. He was my first hero I created on Victory after we switched over from Virtue about 6 months ago.

Maiden Io can vouch for me though, Trans is much more of a blaster now and can dish out decent damage once a few "Siphon Power"s are stacked.

Last edited by C.J. : 12-31-2004 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-01-2005, 10:19 AM   #483
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I wonder how successful an army of defenders would be...?
Old 01-03-2005, 06:18 AM   #484
C.J.
n00b

I suppose it would depend on the types of defenders. I'd think a good mix of defenders could do quite well. Sweet Bubbles and Translectron did a mission the other day, and while a bit slower we were able to do it.

Trans hit level 26 last night....Transference is his new power. Ok, now..who wants end?
Old 01-03-2005, 06:33 AM   #485
gi
College Prospect

Sorry about last night, had some connection issues. Aucoin is now 43, and Io is almost 25.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:45 AM   #486
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm about halfway to level 28. After being on a team of defenders the other day, I would say that they are pretty good. See this thread:

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showf...part=1#1802067

Scroll down to the all defenders team.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:16 AM   #487
Bonegavel

Should be back on this week. Took a holiday hiatus and now that all the family/holiday stuff is over, life should return to somewhat normal.

MxO is looking less and less fun to me hopefully the borrowed time they have will fix it.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:20 PM   #488
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I had connection issues...major connection issues...didn't have internet till about 2 a.m. by then all of you were gone...
Old 01-03-2005, 07:43 PM   #489
Raiders Army
Coordinator

hey sorry about the group tonight. I had a little too much to drink...i always thought my reaction time, etc. would be better by alcohol, but I guess not.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:10 PM   #490
hoopsguy
General Manager

Glad Aucoin was around tonight to power-debt me

Took on two major endeavors on the afternoon/evening. First one was the Eden trial, involving numerous Krakens and the Hydra. Hydra, of course, has psionic powers, which are death (in this case 5-6 times) for Invulnerability builds. That was with Unstoppable on with all other defenses active. Got 1-2 shotted regularly. Kind of humbling ... Next up was a Level 49 ArchVillain with our party of one 48, one 45, a 43, 41, 40, and 37 alts. Of course, this is another foe with psionics. Another six deaths and debt was up over 200k for the first time ever. Heck, before tonight I had never hit 100k! We rolled through some higher (46-48) Nemesis to close out the night and erase about 150k of debt before calling it a night.

All in all, good to be back in the saddle for a night and to see Claw after his two-week hiatus. I'm about 60% of the way done with level 40 so I'm hoping to be ready to take advantage of the power pools right away when Issue 3 is finally released.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 06:03 AM   #491
gi
College Prospect

I will be on tonight and be able to help power-debt you.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:48 AM   #492
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi
I will be on tonight and be able to help power-debt you.
LOL! Sorry about last night...had a little too much beer while playing (I'm a lightweight, so sue me). I will be on tonight and will be able to help bubble you.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:20 AM   #493
C.J.
n00b

Glad I read about all that.
I was on the fence on which Ancillary Pool to take when Issue 3 hits....I believe I've decided on Psionic Mastery for Gail....lol.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:29 AM   #494
hoopsguy
General Manager

If I had my choice between a range attack and a power pool that would leave me less vulnerable to psionics it would be the latter in a heart beat. I'll just jump after running foes and bludgeon them, same as I have done for the last 40 levels. Or leave something for the blasters to do at the end of a battle
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 08:22 AM   #495
Bonegavel

Thanks for the welcome back. The break was good. Spent oodles of time with the family both en mi casa and the one's from out of state. I don't think I can play another game of Balderdash for at least another 6 months.

Only touched MxO a couple of times and I must say that CoH has upped my expectations of MMOs. They have a lot of work to do on that before I'll give up CoH.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:34 AM   #496
mtsouth
n00b

Nook hit 12 and I picked hover. Saw the usefulness of his Rad debuffs last night when I teamed with a Tanker and was able to take out large groups without taking much damage. Once I get it slotted up, the accuracy debuff will be a nice power. A couple of times solo, I put it out and then wandered into the middle of the group to keep everyone close. The only thing that slowed me down was running out of end while blasting.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:40 AM   #497
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel
Only touched MxO a couple of times and I must say that CoH has upped my expectations of MMOs. They have a lot of work to do on that before I'll give up CoH.

Remember that MxO is still in beta. If 50% of what they planned to be in the game is in there, I'd be surprised. Plus I would think major changes are coming since the three of us (you, CJ, and myself) feel that Mxo is lacking something. Others must feel the same. Hence the push back date of release.

my 2 cents.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:11 PM   #498
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I3 is live. Repeat, I3 is live.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:25 PM   #499
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I presume Bubbles is inspired by the Powerpuff Girls? Does she have a wacky costume to go along with that motif? Heck, there needs to just be a CoH gallery of characters for those of us living vicariously through you guys

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 07:26 AM   #500
C.J.
n00b

Sweet Bubbles = Force Field Defender.
Typically known in the game as a "bubbler" (much like an Empathy Defender is known as a "healer")

I believe we all were creating alternate characters at one time for fun, and we all ended up making female characters, some with wacky names.

My wacky female character was a Scrapper named Foxxy-Coco.

Last edited by C.J. : 01-05-2005 at 07:30 AM.