Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-14-2010, 09:57 AM   #451
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Maybe he is trying to manufacture water cooler moments since the contestants sure aren't creating any.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:57 AM   #452
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

It feels like Simon has already left, tbh. He's putting in a half-hearted effort this season and doesn't seem to particularly care what happens.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:54 AM   #453
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Am I the only one that thought Adam had the hots for Tim during the mentoring?

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:58 AM   #454
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Is Dunkelman still hosting that American Idol Rewind thing on cable?
Old 04-14-2010, 11:05 AM   #455
Ksyrup

I didn't realize he was even doing that (I don't watch that stuff, but I know they've had a bunch of ex-Idol contestants serving as hosts/correspondents the last few years). Last I saw him, he was doing some sort of self-deprecating, quasi-show posted to YT.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 04-14-2010, 11:06 AM   #456
Ksyrup

Here's this story is about a year old. Doesn't say anything about Idol Rewind.

Brian Dunkleman pitching fictional series about his post-American Idol life + reality blurred
Old 04-14-2010, 03:01 PM   #457
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I actually thought Lambert was a good mentor. He gave honest feedback unlike others like Usher and Miley Cyrus.

AMEN! He was REALLY good. Agreed too about the other two being lousy. I recall Gwen Stefani being horrible last season as well. I think having former contestants coach them is a really good thing in general.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:59 PM   #458
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
It feels like Simon has already left, tbh. He's putting in a half-hearted effort this season and doesn't seem to particularly care what happens.

Agreed with this and Seacrest. I think he's always been a bit annoying, but this season he's crossed the line to full-fledged jerk.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:23 PM   #459
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Well, Aaron is still around so somebody is going home who shouldn't be.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:02 PM   #460
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

What a crock. Katie has been at worst #5 and one of the very few I could see getting a contract out of this.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:43 AM   #461
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

I agree. This voting process is flawed. Why the hell get rid of the girl that had showed so much improvement over the past couple of weeks over two guys that have no chance of winning?
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:41 AM   #462
Danny
Head Coach

So Katie and who else went home?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:47 AM   #463
Thomkal
Head Coach

Andrew also went home Danny
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:54 AM   #464
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
What a crock. Katie has been at worst #5 and one of the very few I could see getting a contract out of this.

It shouldn't have been too much of a surprise. She's consistently been in the "bottom 3" most weeks, right?
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:59 AM   #465
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I found it interesting that they specified that Mike was not in the bottom 3. First time I can remember them doing that.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:04 AM   #466
Danny
Head Coach

Not a katie fan, so not upset that she went and Andrew more than anyone needed to go.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:12 AM   #467
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I found it interesting that they specified that Mike was not in the bottom 3. First time I can remember them doing that.

I've often wondered whether they play around with semantics with the "bottom 3". They rarely, if ever, state these are the bottom three vote-getters. I often think they change it up more for the dramatic effect. Having said that, it did seem odd that Ryan went out of his way to state that last night. Perhaps to solidify redemption by the judges for saving Big Mike last week (see... he's not even in the bottom of the pack anymore. We were so right to save him...).
Old 04-15-2010, 07:38 AM   #468
wade moore
lolzcat

I haven't watched the results yet, just watched performances last night.

I know Mustang commented on it above, but god.. I'm the one that complains about Casey sounding like a Goat/Sheep and he actually had a song that had a lyric with something like:

"Bye, Bye"...

It came out as "BaaaAAAaaaah, BaaaAAAaaaaah"...

I don't understand how he doesn't get called out for this at ALL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:14 AM   #469
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
It shouldn't have been too much of a surprise. She's consistently been in the "bottom 3" most weeks, right?

Not the last couple of times IIRC, and she's gotten better. There's simply no way she's worse than Aaron, or even Tim. I would say she's better than Siobhan who is boring as hell outside of the power notes/songs. Katie will get a contract because she's young enough and has enough talent to develop and that's more than I can say for a number of people still left.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:21 AM   #470
Ksyrup

Katie has no stage presence at all. None. She's the perfect example of a kid AI should have waited 2-3 years to pick up, but needed to fit a demo so they blew her opportunity by putting her on the show too early. She reminds me of a less polished Stephanie Edwards (pre-arrest), who seemed to have everything you'd want in a theoretical "star" yet never really did much on the show and coasted to like 6th or 7th place.

Tim is a buffoon, but at least I see a voting block for him. I'm not sure I see anyone voting for Katie outside of her family and town, and maybe some 12 year old boys forced to watch the show by their parents who think she's pretty. As a singer/performer, there's nothing there to really vote on.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:44 AM   #471
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Not the last couple of times IIRC, and she's gotten better. There's simply no way she's worse than Aaron, or even Tim. I would say she's better than Siobhan who is boring as hell outside of the power notes/songs. Katie will get a contract because she's young enough and has enough talent to develop and that's more than I can say for a number of people still left.

She was Bottom 3 for Top 11 & Top 10. She wasn't last week because they announced all three remaining ladies were safe. But back again this week. While she's gotten better, I just don't see it. There is nothing there with her that would distinguish her from the thousands of other wannabes. While she may get a contract because she was part of the AI machine, I predict less than stellar results and a low trajectory singing career.

Say what you will about Siobhan, but today's music scene is more about entertainment. Katie is/was one of the stiffest contestants remaining. I can easily see Siobhan putting on more of an entertaining show. YMMV.

Last edited by tyketime : 04-15-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:52 AM   #472
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Tim is a buffoon

I don't know if he is a buffoon or is smarter than everyone except Crystal.

At least the last 2 weeks he has learned to take a song that is more suited to his style and run with it as opposed to Siobhan who has looked like a deer in the headlights when given bad criticism. Seems like he is learning the game that is American Idol so, I'll give him credit.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 04-15-2010, 10:22 AM   #473
Ksyrup

I agree Tim's doing better with song choice in that he's not trying to falsetto through a song when he has no falsetto to sing, but I wouldn't say he's running with it. IMO, he's barely treading below competent, and most of the positive vibes he's hanging on right now are due to the fact that he's not completely embarrassing himself every week. And, he's cute (although, to me, he comes off like a 70s teen idol with a creepy, less-confident Tom Cruise demeanor - something about the way he acts bugs the hell out of me).
Old 04-15-2010, 02:09 PM   #474
TexasT
Mascot

I think the girls keep getting voted off has not a lot to do with talent. Who does the voting? I think mostly young girls who love the guys and don't care what they sound like. Not a lot of guys really watch this show or vote. So, the girls votes suffer in the long run.
TexasT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:19 PM   #475
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post

indeed. they just did it for stupid pseudo-suspense.
Hmmm I wonder who WAS In the bottom 3.

Probably Aaron was the other one. Or maybe a surprise person that typically did well.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:19 PM   #476
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I agree Tim's doing better with song choice in that he's not trying to falsetto through a song when he has no falsetto to sing, but I wouldn't say he's running with it. IMO, he's barely treading below competent, and most of the positive vibes he's hanging on right now are due to the fact that he's not completely embarrassing himself every week. And, he's cute (although, to me, he comes off like a 70s teen idol with a creepy, less-confident Tom Cruise demeanor - something about the way he acts bugs the hell out of me).

EXACTLY! He totally copped out!!!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2010, 11:41 AM   #477
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

hxxp://www.tmz.com/2010/04/15/american-idol-crystal-bowersox-ryan-seacrest-quit/

TMZ has learned "American Idol" contestant Crystal Bowersox threw in the towel a little more than two weeks ago and was walking off the show, when Ryan Seacrest did some fast-talking and changed her mind.

It went down in a parking lot after an "A.I." show. In front of several people, Crystal told Ryan she couldn't handle the competition.... she said she hated the attention and said to Seacrest, "What's the point?"

Crystal said she was going back to Ohio to be with her family, whom she missed terribly.

Ryan told Crystal that being on "Idol" was like starting a business, and if she won she'd get a recording contract and become a millionaire.

Seacrest sealed the deal by telling her, "The greatest thing I ever did was make enough money so I could buy my mom a house. You can buy your mom a house."

Seacrest out ... Crystal, not out.

Wouldn't surprise me at all based on her body language during the show.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:47 AM   #478
MJ4H
Coordinator

It amazes me you have to talk someone into seizing the opportunity of a lifetime.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:52 PM   #479
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
It amazes me you have to talk someone into seizing the opportunity of a lifetime.

Not everyone is motivated by fame and money.

TBH the money and security would be nice, but I'm not so sure I would want everything that comes with it. Some people are just wired differently, she seems like one of those people.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:07 PM   #480
Ksyrup

If she was going to jump ship, she should have at least gotten out before the tour (top 10), if not before all the other contractual stuff kicked in.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-16-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:11 PM   #481
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
If she was going to jump ship, she should have at least gotten out before the tour (top 10), if not before all the other contractual stuff kicked in.

I dunno. That is an easy statement for a rational minded 40 year old man to make, but as the pressure builds no telling what goes through the mind of an emotionally charged early 20 something. I would imagine a lot of what she did was reactive, not proactive.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:07 PM   #482
Ksyrup

Fuck you, buddy. I haven't even turned 39 yet.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:11 PM   #483
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Fuck you, buddy. I haven't even turned 39 yet.

I thought I was being nice...
Old 04-16-2010, 03:45 PM   #484
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Not everyone is motivated by fame and money.

TBH the money and security would be nice, but I'm not so sure I would want everything that comes with it. Some people are just wired differently, she seems like one of those people.

I'm aware of that. I'm not just talking about fame and money.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:53 PM   #485
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
hxxp://www.tmz.com/2010/04/15/american-idol-crystal-bowersox-ryan-seacrest-quit/

TMZ has learned "American Idol" contestant Crystal Bowersox threw in the towel a little more than two weeks ago and was walking off the show, when Ryan Seacrest did some fast-talking and changed her mind.

It went down in a parking lot after an "A.I." show. In front of several people, Crystal told Ryan she couldn't handle the competition.... she said she hated the attention and said to Seacrest, "What's the point?"

Crystal said she was going back to Ohio to be with her family, whom she missed terribly.

Ryan told Crystal that being on "Idol" was like starting a business, and if she won she'd get a recording contract and become a millionaire.

Seacrest sealed the deal by telling her, "The greatest thing I ever did was make enough money so I could buy my mom a house. You can buy your mom a house."

You can see she's one of the most impacted when people leave. Here's the thing. The top 10 are going on tour so all of them are coming back to be one big happy family for a time and then she gets to work her way towards her own tour and such. Yes, it may suck right now, but it's just a couple more months and this part of over.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:04 AM   #486
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
I've often wondered whether they play around with semantics with the "bottom 3". They rarely, if ever, state these are the bottom three vote-getters. I often think they change it up more for the dramatic effect. Having said that, it did seem odd that Ryan went out of his way to state that last night. Perhaps to solidify redemption by the judges for saving Big Mike last week (see... he's not even in the bottom of the pack anymore. We were so right to save him...).

Not true. Ryan ALWAYS says "These are your bottom 3 (or 2 as the case may be)"

And yeah I think the only reason they did that was for "tension" to make mike and us think MIke might go home AGAIN. THey'll do anything to "change things up".
Old 04-18-2010, 01:34 PM   #487
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Not true. Ryan ALWAYS says "These are your bottom 3 (or 2 as the case may be)"

And yeah I think the only reason they did that was for "tension" to make mike and us think MIke might go home AGAIN. THey'll do anything to "change things up".
No, there has been a lot of discussion here about whether "bottom 3" necessarily means bottom 3 vote-getters.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:32 AM   #488
Ksyrup

Yes, there is wide speculation that the bottom 3 is not always the 3 bottom vote-getters. Telling you "These are your bottom 3" could mean anything from "these are the 3 bottom vote-getters" to "these are the 3 people we're giving you as the bottom 3." They've been squirrelly in the past with the language they use, and I'm fairly well convinced that at certain times, they've put someone in the bottom 3 who shouldn't have been there based on votes to cause a reaction from that contestant's fans or just try to hype up some sort of potential "shocking" elimination that week or the next.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-19-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:32 AM   #489
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

I agree, which made Ryan's comments stand out even more that "one of these isn't even in the bottom 3 vote-getters" (which turned out to be Mike).
Old 04-19-2010, 11:46 AM   #490
Ksyrup

Quote:

So now the story is that this didn't quite happen like it's been reported, and the stories that have come out painting Seacrest as some sort of hero for "saving" Crystal from quitting are not true or an overly dramatic/fictional version of what really happened, planted in an attempt to give Seacrest some positive spin after his bizarro actions last week. Apparently all that happened was Crystal got upset backstage about missing her kid and Seacrest consoled her. She and Epperly texted back and forth and Crystal confirmed that that's about all that happened.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:55 AM   #491
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
No, there has been a lot of discussion here about whether "bottom 3" necessarily means bottom 3 vote-getters.

oh. I see. Well this show never has been credible, especially since their multiple round preaudition process and montage sequences were exposed.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:29 PM   #492
Ksyrup

I thought all that stuff was common knowledge. But then again, this show is most interesting to me before it starts, so I guess I tend to focus on all the stuff they don't show on TV. They've been doing the same tricks for years and it's mostly common knowledge among people who enjoy the behind the scenes stuff. They claim they changed up the timing of Hollywood Week due to Simon's schedule, and that might partly be true, but I think they mostly did it so that people wouldn't have 2 months before the show starts to figure out who the top 50 are and dig up as much dirt and pre-AI music business exposure they've had. Things came to a head during the Michael Johns/Carly Smithson season when it came out all of the connections they had to (failed) music careers. They've tightened up on that stuff since then (including disqualifying that chick last year for having connections to some management people within 19 Entertainment).

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-19-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:39 AM   #493
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

There's a very interesting article on MSNBC about the voting process on Reality Shows http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36601251...nt-reality_tv/

Here's a part that pertains to our discussion:

Quote:
Actual numbers may not be tweaked, but producers have more subtle ways to sway public opinion. Exact numbers of votes per contestant are never broadcast, and those “bottom” performers pulled to the side each week just before the losing contestant is announced may not be the lowest-scoring participants.

Sometimes, groups or pairs are put in the “bottom” groupings because producers particularly like them — and want to goose sympathy (and votes, and ratings) with the “shocking” revelation that the contestants might be on their way out.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:46 AM   #494
Ksyrup

More on the Crystal/Seacrest fallout:

Quote:
Last week’s Ryan Seacrest-as-Crystal-saving Superman story was odd: a TMZ story credited Seacrest with convincing Crystal Bowersox to stay in the competition, and then E! followed up with the most ass-kissing story I’ve read all year, one that even quoted Seacrest giving himself credit.

Basically, he used a low moment in Crystal’s experience to make himself look good. As the presumed front-runner, she’ll probably be able to handle any negative backlash (and speaking of that, tabloids are digging to find something, anything about her, including about her young son. Horrible people.)

So how did Crystal respond to Seacrest’s self-aggrandizing comments? Appearing on a Star 102.5 radio show (MJ has the audio here), semi-finalist Katelyn Epperly revealed Crystal’s reaction to Seacrest’s comments.

“I texted her the second I heard something about it,” Katelyn said, adding that Crystal texted back, “‘Oh yes, I’m fine,’ she said. ‘Betrayed by Seacrest.’” Katelyn said Crystal previously only had “a moment backstage where she was missing her kid” that “they probably made it to be something it wasn’t. She’s fine. She’s still in the game.”

The irony, of course, is that Katelyn is betraying Crystal here, too. But since she’s helping to take down Seacrest, she deserves at least some forgiveness.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-20-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:58 AM   #495
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Seems like with Simon leaving, Seacrest is trying to set himself up as the person that you turn Idol on for.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:56 PM   #496
Ksyrup

I'm not sure I'm up for 8 variations on I Believe I Can Fly. Might just skip this one, especially with Deadliest Catch on at the same time (not to mention Biggest Loser, since I'll be at the gym until 8:45 or so). I'll probably just tell the wife to watch without me - by the time I'm home and showered, the show should be almost over anyway.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:32 PM   #497
wade moore
lolzcat

I'm about 15 minutes behind - I REALLY liked Lee. Generally I buy 1 or 2 of the Idol performances off of iTunes a year, but none yet thus far... this may be the first one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:23 PM   #498
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Lee/Crystal and then everyone else.

Siobhan has pegged my annoyance meter to 10 though. Someone stick a sock in her mouth and drag her off the stage.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:29 PM   #499
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Siobhan has pegged my annoyance meter to 10 though. Someone stick a sock in her mouth and drag her off the stage.
Leave your perversions out of this.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:19 AM   #500
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

I think Alicia Keys could inspire me. I also think when a show like American Idol tries to take on a set of inspirational songs, I'm not going to be all that impressed. It's a license for over-singing and over-emoting.

It was a definitely a week of haves and have nots. The have nots weren't terrible, they simply fell flat, ended up sounding repetitive and anything but inspirational. The haves were good. Only one person in the group surprised me by falling into the have nots.

Another mild surprise: in what was supposedly the year of the woman contestant (it has been three years since Idol has had a female finalist), we're already down to just two women. Both should be safe this week, but with the judges heaping dirt on Siobhan over the last month, Crystal might soon find herself the only lady in a sea of testosterone. And then not even Ryan's heartfelt self-aggrandizing can save her from a fate worse than Disco Week.

Most of the Idols sang roughly the same song tonight - I believe it was called, "I Believe Spiderman Can Fly." This made the rankings easier for the week.

1. Lee DeWyze. Lee went with Simon and Garfunkel. I lied, it wasn't roughly the same song the others sang. This was a clever choice, and he did a wonderful job staying on top of the song, connecting with his voice rather than vibrato-izing us to death. My only complaint is that he chose an arrangement that went through the rather dull chorus twice instead of the harder-hitting verses. I thought it was his best performance of the season. He might have some staying power in this competition after all. Score of 90.

2. Crystal Bowersox. She started a capella. I think she went with the power voice just to show she could escape the college bar-band performance. Which might work in the context of showing versatility for a competition, but it's not what she's going to sing as an artist down the road. She's good enough that she can do this well, but it's nothing like the woman I really liked earlier in the season. In case it wasn't obvious before, the clips at the end are from the rehearsals earlier in the day. Crystal cried at the end of the live show performance. She was not shown crying as she sang the end of her song in the clip montage. The crying isn't going to help her, and I remain worried that she'll finish a disappointing third. Score of 84.

3. Siobhan Magnus. I thought the judges missed on this one. She got through a difficult register-changing melody very well early, and she listened to criticism and didn't gimmick-scream the loud parts, which she did quite nicely. She definitely scares the judges in that no one has much idea what she'll come up with. The bottom line is that she brought something to a Whitney song that wasn't derivative. Just when I was about to write her off, she was good again. Score of 83.

4. Casey James. A huge drop between third and fourth tonight. Casey was the night's biggest disappointment, leading off with an indulgent Fleetwood Mac tune. He's good. The guitar work was impressive, the vocals competent. But the judges were right on this one - he was lazy and it sounded a lot like a cover band of Fleetwood Mac rather than an original performance of anything. Score of 62.

5. Michael Lynche. Michael was boring, at times overwhelmed by the background singers and unusually repetitive. He was in tune, but I kept waiting for the song to start or get interesting. Score of 61.

6. Aaron Kelly. Goat Boy is back, and more goat-vibrato-like than ever. Goats apparently believe they can fly. I really have no idea what he was thinking, as there was no emotion in this performance. He was loud and wasn't singing terribly bad, but he was fading toward the end of the song, like an out-of-shape runner in the last kilometer of a 10K race. I'm guessing teen girls still believe in him, so he'll be safe another week. Score of 60.

7. Tim Urban. From first to worst in one week. Tim is definitely the most mercurial of the remaining performers. He went with the Goo Goo Dolls, and had a lot of trouble with his pitch. I think the last couple of weeks of praise have gone to his head, as he wasn't very careful, chose too challenging a song, and lost the modern sound he was cultivating. He can't go head-to-head with the others on a big song. It's probably time for him to go. It should also not go unnoticed that he is the only remaining performer who has not sung in the coveted "pimp" spot - the last song of the night. Three performers have had this spot twice this season. Score of 58.

Overall: An uneven night, with Lee and Alicia Keys stealing the show. If I could figure out when she's performing in the mess I'm sure they'll make of tomorrow's "Idols Give Back" show, I'd try and watch her performance.

Expected Bottom Three: Tim, Michael, Casey.

Who Should Go: Aaron.

Who Will Go: Tim.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote