Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-06-2006, 12:52 PM   #451
sabotai
General Manager

Do the gems and mineral nuggets do anything? Like am I going to be able to take some silver and a flawed topez, for example, and make a ring? Are they useful in anyway or do I just sell them off?
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 12:59 PM   #452
Brillig
College Prospect

Nope - vendor trash.
Brillig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 01:13 PM   #453
sabotai
General Manager

That's pretty disappointing. Maybe I'll hang onto them anyway in case someone makes a mod that uses them.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 12:51 PM   #454
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
Do the gems and mineral nuggets do anything? Like am I going to be able to take some silver and a flawed topez, for example, and make a ring? Are they useful in anyway or do I just sell them off?

There seems to be quite a few categories of items like this: all the fabric, the tongs, hourglass, pick, shovel. To me they hint at upcoming crafting add-ons, or perhaps they are just to encourage modders.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 10:17 PM   #455
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Ok, I'm level 26 now. I'm trying to enchant my new Cuirass and I have 2 Grand Crystals that are full. However, for some reason it is not letting me access those two crystals, but only my greater crystals at the alter of enchantment. I have a lot of other items that have enchantments from Grand Crystals. Any ideas why I can't access my 2 current Grand Crystals to enchant this cuirass?
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 02:26 AM   #456
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Ok, I'm level 26 now. I'm trying to enchant my new Cuirass and I have 2 Grand Crystals that are full. However, for some reason it is not letting me access those two crystals, but only my greater crystals at the alter of enchantment. I have a lot of other items that have enchantments from Grand Crystals. Any ideas why I can't access my 2 current Grand Crystals to enchant this cuirass?

No clue on the crystals, but level 26!?! Wow.

I haven't had much time to play the last week or so, but even when I do I go back and start new characters. I think I've played 50 hours total, but haven't gotten one character to level 10, or past the first Oblivion gate. I get so distracted in the game and always end up wandering around and having a blast doing, well, stuff.

Today I started a power-leveling melee fighter and was going to try and keep him focused on the main quest. Things started out fine, as I cleaned out the first gate in about 20 minutes, but sure enough, a half hour later and I'm off exploring some random dungeon.

I've just come to the conclusion that all my characters have ADD.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:46 AM   #457
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

Maybe you filled it all up? Everything has limits as to enchantments.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 10:23 AM   #458
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The Cuirass isn't enchanted at all. Maybe the game will only allow you to have so many enchanted items of so much power at one time. Otherwise, the game is bugged. I also get the message "you don't have a crystal big enough to trap that soul" when I clearly do, so I think this is just a bugged area. I'm still having a blast with the game, and I've put 60 hours into this character so far (and am not that far into the main quest.) I'm also looking forward to playing more of a pure mage the next time through the game.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:38 AM   #459
ShaefIllini
Mascot

I was really enjoying this game on the 360. Unfortunately, it is unplayable now due to the cache issue. I've tried deleting the cache, but it's either not working or I am doing it wrong. Needless to say, this is incredibly disappointing.
ShaefIllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:50 AM   #460
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaefIllini
I was really enjoying this game on the 360. Unfortunately, it is unplayable now due to the cache issue. I've tried deleting the cache, but it's either not working or I am doing it wrong. Needless to say, this is incredibly disappointing.

I'm sure you've already tried this.. but...

Quote:
Oblivion uses the Xbox 360 hard drive to cache game data and in some cases the info stored on the hard drive can get fragmented, slowing down the game's performance. Bethesda has already found out a way to fix the issue. Here is the official word:

Oblivion uses the Xbox 360 hard drive extensively to cache (copy and reuse) game data. This is done to optimize all loading the game does. It has been found in rare cases on some Xbox 360s that the cached data can get overly fragmented. This exhibits itself by the game taking a long time to load anything from menus, dialogue, sounds, objects, levels, and more.

To solve this problem, reset your Xbox, and hold down the A button as the game is booting up. If any button is held while Oblivion is loading, it will clear its hard drive cache, and create a new one.

Once you see the “Bethesda Softworks” logo video, the game is already loaded, and the cache should have been cleared.

Note, this does not effect your game in any way other than loading. You will not lose any saved data.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:57 AM   #461
ShaefIllini
Mascot

Thanks for the info, but yeah, I've tried it
Old 04-16-2006, 01:31 AM   #462
Izulde
Head Coach

How do you tell what items are stolen and what aren't on the 360? I got ambushed by like eight guards at once and couldn't kill them all.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 01:56 AM   #463
Brillig
College Prospect

Heh. Anything you pick up with the "red hand" icon is stolen. It'll also have that icon on your inventory screen. Basically, if the "action icon" is red, it's generally considered a criminal act.
Brillig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:39 AM   #464
chinaski
College Prospect

Warning to anyone playing a stealth type character, once you get up too or near 100 in sneak, enemies become retarded. I can sit behind someone and punch them silly and they will not awknowledge me. Same goes for the bow, I can just plunk away with sneak on and they just stand there.

On a sidenote, a cool mod ive found is Oldblivion - Its basically a program that allows us with crappy old vid cards to play. Turns all pixel shaders from 2.0 to 1.1 on the fly, its awesome.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 02:05 AM   #465
ShaefIllini
Mascot

Well, I was able to get it playable, finally, only to run into a bug of some sort. I'm in the final thieves guild quest, and there is a room where i have to press two buttons, the first button i got to work, the second....let's just say it's looking like I'll have to wait for the patch to play again.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:47 AM   #466
Izulde
Head Coach

I hope they release some mods for the 360. After playing it all weekend (I unfort go back to sku today) I'm more glad than ever I got it for the 360. Having to use the PC for controls would have driven me psychotic.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:41 AM   #467
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde
I hope they release some mods for the 360.

Well, you won't see user mods for the 360 (how would they go about that anyway?). One reason may be that it seems the Oblivion fans have divided into camps and most PC gamers seem to be pissed off that Bethesda took the 360 users into account. Ergo, the PC modders aren't going to make theirs available for the 360, even if someone knew how they could go about and do such a thing.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:11 PM   #468
SackAttack
Head Coach

Does anybody know if it's possible to create a spell scroll? I'm ridiculously stuck on one of the Mages' Guild quests because the "Fortify Magicka" spell I spent an hour and a half leveling up restoration so I could USE it on the quest, it doesn't do the trick.

I can't find anybody selling "Restore Magicka" or anything of that nature, so I'm hoping I can just make the damn thing in scroll form.

A little help?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 12:36 PM   #469
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
Does anybody know if it's possible to create a spell scroll? I'm ridiculously stuck on one of the Mages' Guild quests because the "Fortify Magicka" spell I spent an hour and a half leveling up restoration so I could USE it on the quest, it doesn't do the trick.

I can't find anybody selling "Restore Magicka" or anything of that nature, so I'm hoping I can just make the damn thing in scroll form.

A little help?

SPOILER::

If it's the quest where you have to cast spells at the pillar in the center of a large room, the scrolls you need are in a chest beside the man right outside the room. You don't have to steal the scrolls either, just take them and use them on the pillar.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 12:39 PM   #470
Yossarian
High School Varsity

I (think I) made a spell that does a tiny amound of fortify magica on target for 1 second to finish that quest. The spell needs to be on target instead of on self in order for it to work.

Last edited by Yossarian : 04-17-2006 at 12:39 PM.
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 12:40 PM   #471
Bee
Pro Starter

or if you wasted the scrolls like I did, you can make all the spells you need with the spellmaker. Doesn't matter how powerful they are. Just make sure you use the exact correct spells. I confused drain with damage...
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 10:07 PM   #472
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

They released a new download. It gives a quest to add the Orrery at the Arcane University.
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 11:25 PM   #473
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729
They released a new download. It gives a quest to add the Orrery at the Arcane University.

Ah, they finally did that? I have to check the official forums to see if it is worth it at all.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:32 PM   #474
BigMak
n00b

I have been considering this game. From everything I have read, it is excellent. I know my video card will need to be upgraded. Can somebody recommend a card for me? I know very little when it comes to computer hardware. I am hoping not to spend $300 or so.
BigMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 03:51 PM   #475
Eilim
High School Varsity

for any sadistic bastards out there who own the PC version of Oblivion, heres a *must* try mod... Hilarity 1.0
Eilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:05 PM   #476
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMak
I have been considering this game. From everything I have read, it is excellent. I know my video card will need to be upgraded. Can somebody recommend a card for me? I know very little when it comes to computer hardware. I am hoping not to spend $300 or so.

Don't have an answer for you, but I did want to welcome you to the boards!

I'm thinking about upgrading my video card as well sometime in the next month. I've been looking to spend about $250, and have been hearing model numbers like 6600 and 6800 and 7800, usually followed by some letters like GT or GS. That's about as far as I've gotten, though.

And that mod sounds hilarious!
Old 05-03-2006, 04:55 AM   #477
Antmeister
Pro Starter

There is an Oblivion beta patch availabe.

Beta patch notes:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/download...atchnotes5.htm

Beta patch download:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/download...es_patches.htm
Old 05-03-2006, 09:17 AM   #478
jbmagic
Pro Starter

PC version fixes for the beta patch.

Quote:
Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue with falling through collision in Fort Wooden Hand.

Fixed issue with remapping controls in French, German, Italian and Spanish versions.

Fixed issue with crashes on exit.

Fixed issue with some shadows not lining up.

Going to jail while equipped with bound armor or weapons no longer crashes the game.

Fixed issue with bound weapons not dispelling properly after dismounting a horse.

Fixed issue with player shadow being delayed after fast travel.

Fixed infinite gold issue on some dead NPCs.

Fixed issue with disease resistences that made it impossible to contract vampirism under certain circumstances.

Fixed an issue where occasionally skills would not increase properly after you received an increase in a way other than skill uses like as a quest reward.

Fixed issue where spells, powers and lesser powers were being improperly resisted when the player cast them on themselves.

Fixed an issue where creatures and NPCs would not go into combat properly after being hit by a projectile.

Fixed an issue with duplicating items and unequiping the bow.

Fixed an exploit that allowed you to sell equipped items to a vendor more than once while on a horse.

Fixed an issue with items reappearing in dead bodies after saving and reloading.

Fixed crash when NPC with active light spell on them unloaded from memory.

New Ultra Low Quality graphic setting available under Launcher options with improved support for low end FX cards (5700 and lower). To use this setting, go to the Launcher, select Options and click Reset to Defaults to allow the auto detect to check your system.

Implemented SLI-mode optimizations on Nvidia cards, and Crossfire optimizations for ATI cards.

Quest Fixes

If you are permanently expelled from Mages Guild, you can now go back into the Mages Guild buildings.

In The Siren's Deception, the player can no longer get locked outside Gweden farmhouse if they exit too quickly.

In the Light the Dragonfires quest, fixed an issue where player controls get locked if player accidentally hits Ocato during the final battle in the Imperial Palace.

In the Confront the King quest, fixed an issue where Mannimarco would occasionally stop fighting the player while the player's controls are locked.

In Corruption and Conscience, fixed an issue if player got to Llevana's house earlier than expected and she would initiate trespass behavior rather than move the quest forward.

In Theranis' Mistake, it is no longer possible to get multiple copies of Ahdarji's ring. Also, fixed an issue with player receiving Blood Price topic too early in the quest.

In the Leyawiin Recommendation quest, it is no longer possible to bypass Kalthar in Fort Blueblood.

In Revenge Served Cold, Corrick will now recognize when player had the jade amulet in their inventory if No Stone Unturned quest had been previously completed.

In Infiltration, player can no longer kill Blackwood Company members and stop progress in Fighter's Guild.

In Dark Brotherhood, if you kill fellow members and get kicked out of the guild, you can no longer continue to progress in the questline until you redeem yourself and get back in.

In The Master's Son, the player now properly receives their reward when completing the quest.

In Caught in the Hunt, fixed an issue where NPCs would not go into combat properly.

In the Cheydinhal Recommendation quest, fixed an issue where Vidkun's body would disappear if you left the well.

Getting disqualified from the first Arena match no longer blocks you from further matches.

In Till Death Do They Part, the Count no longer rewards player with gold more than once. Fixed an issue with not receiving the Vampire Ashes topic if the player picked up vampire ashes before getting the quest. Fixed issue where Bloodgrass topic was not added if player finished the Main Quest before starting quest. Hal-Liurz will now follow player properly when asked about the cure.

In Mystery and Harlun's Watch, the dead body you are supposed to find will no longer disappear from Swampy Cave if you cleared out the dungeon before starting the quest.

In Blood of the Daedra, Martin will now recognize Spellbreaker as a Daedric artifact.

In When the Vow Breaks, fixed an issue where a second instance of Rockshatter would reappear back on Bjalfi's dead corpse after saving and reloading.

In Paranoia, game no longer crashes when Bernadette Peneles exits the city while you are following her.

Plugin Fixes

Fixed issue with saving your game while an actor is in a new interior cell created in a plugin, and re-loading the save game without the plugin.

Fixed issue with loading previous saves with plugin that contains new base objects that are containers, NPCs and creatures.

Fixed issue with linked pathpoints scripted to switch on/off that are modified by a plugin.

NPC's companions no longer disappear when they fast travel with player to an exterior cell that is modified by a plugin.

New scripted spell effects created in a plugin now work properly.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 08:10 PM   #479
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I think I may have just found a reason to stop playing and not finish the game out. I've been having weird issues with me being accused of stolen goods, but I'm not sure why.

*** SPOILERS BELOW ***

It first started happening when I went to Cheydinhall to ask for assistance at Bruma. When I showed up, they threw me in jail and took a 1000 fine. Not sure what for since I had just fast-travelled from Bruma where everyone was happy with me. Maybe something left over from my last trip? So I paid the fine, found out about the Oblivion Gate and the Count's son Farwil, run out, through the Gate, find Farwil, Farwil dies, I take his ring, close the Gate, and get back outside.

I find 2 of the Guards fighting the other two Guards. I find the guy I'm supposed to report to, so I help him fight the other two Guards figuring something is going on. As soon as I approach one of them to kill him, he accuses me of thievery and tries to arrest me. The fine is only 40, and the ONLY thing I could POSSIBLY have stolen was the signet ring from Farwil. So I'm being accused of thievery because I picked up the quest object I was supposed to?

Of course I resist arrest and kill him since he just knocked the main quest guy unconcsious. The other good guard finishes off the other guy, quest guy wakes up and thanks me for my help, sends me off to the count, and I head into the city.

Guard immediately approaches me, arrests me fore a fine of 2040 (which I can't pay), throws me in jail, and I'm stuck losing about 10 skill points scattered about.

Is this a bug in the beta patch? I just can't believe I'm being accused of stealing for picking up a quest object off a dead guy I did not kill, and I'm not sure what I stole the first time. This is just getting annoying to deal with.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:17 AM   #480
Yossarian
High School Varsity

I think that's actually a quest in itself - if memory serves (which it may not) there is a quest with uber corrupt guards that are fining folk for EVERYTHING and anything. I think I was arrested for 1000 too but I 'solved' the quest straight after - you *may* have triggered further fines by fighting guards?

dunno.
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:45 AM   #481
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
I think that's actually a quest in itself - if memory serves (which it may not) there is a quest with uber corrupt guards that are fining folk for EVERYTHING and anything. I think I was arrested for 1000 too but I 'solved' the quest straight after - you *may* have triggered further fines by fighting guards?

dunno.

I know I triggered the extra 2K for killing a Guard, but he was fighting the quest Guard! That made no sense.

As for the corrupt guards, I solved that one a while back. Maybe the game didn't make proper note of it and they are still corrupt?
Old 07-28-2006, 01:54 PM   #482
MikeVic
Head Coach

I started a game as a thief... how do I join the thieves' guild? The beggars don't tell me anything. I broke into someone's house that townsfolk were saying moved gracefully (obviously a thief), and stole a book from her that talks about Grey Fox. So I know he's real.

Also, how do I get to the Waterfront?

Thanks!
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:57 PM   #483
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic
I started a game as a thief... how do I join the thieves' guild? The beggars don't tell me anything. I broke into someone's house that townsfolk were saying moved gracefully (obviously a thief), and stole a book from her that talks about Grey Fox. So I know he's real.

Also, how do I get to the Waterfront?

Thanks!

Be a little more charitable, you stingy bastard!

Try giving the beggars some gold. They'll be quite a bit more helpful if you do
Old 07-28-2006, 02:01 PM   #484
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Be a little more charitable, you stingy bastard!

Try giving the beggars some gold. They'll be quite a bit more helpful if you do

Do you know how much it takes? There was some beggar named something like "No Gold McGee," and I kept giving him "spare change" but nothing happened...?
Old 07-28-2006, 02:02 PM   #485
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Do you know how much it takes? There was some beggar named something like "No Gold McGee," and I kept giving him "spare change" but nothing happened...?

Sir, there is more than one beggar. Give up the cash.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:03 PM   #486
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister
Sir, there is more than one beggar. Give up the cash.

Can I possibly give them gold... then steal it back from the same beggars when I get the info. I need?
Old 07-28-2006, 02:04 PM   #487
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Can I possibly give them gold... then steal it back from the same beggars when I get the info. I need?

LOL! I don't know, I never tried that, but I do know that if you don't treat the beggars right, they look down upon you in the thieves' guild.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:07 PM   #488
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister
LOL! I don't know, I never tried that, but I do know that if you don't treat the beggars right, they look down upon you in the thieves' guild.

Ahh boo. What if you can do it while not being detected? I haven't had any success with pickpocketing yet, but you never know. Stupid civilians always catch me.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:08 PM   #489
MikeVic
Head Coach

dola, do you come across property later on in the game? I'd like to store some of my items... and trap a horse somewhere so I don't have to keep stealing from tha ogre woman.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:11 PM   #490
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
dola, do you come across property later on in the game? I'd like to store some of my items... and trap a horse somewhere so I don't have to keep stealing from tha ogre woman.

If you have enough money, you can buy homes, horses, etc. I have three or 4 houses with my main character and a great horse. I leave stuff in my homes that I don't want to sell, but don't want to carry with me either.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:13 PM   #491
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
If you have enough money, you can buy homes, horses, etc. I have three or 4 houses with my main character and a great horse. I leave stuff in my homes that I don't want to sell, but don't want to carry with me either.

I asked about a house in Imperial City, but the lady said she doesn't trust me. :o I thought I could just use the house of that graverobber as my own, but it says I'm still trespassing.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:13 PM   #492
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Ahh boo. What if you can do it while not being detected? I haven't had any success with pickpocketing yet, but you never know. Stupid civilians always catch me.

This may be possible. If you are good enough, you can probably do so.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:17 PM   #493
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I asked about a house in Imperial City, but the lady said she doesn't trust me. :o I thought I could just use the house of that graverobber as my own, but it says I'm still trespassing.

You can only buy certain houses, and you have to find the right person to sell it (usually in the town's castle.) My first house was bought in one of the smaller towns.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:09 PM   #494
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

There is new Download content. It is called Knights of the Nine and is supposed to have new characters, dungeons, quests. I haven't downloaded it yet but will cost 800 microsoft points for the 360 owners.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:17 PM   #495
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729 View Post
There is new Download content. It is called Knights of the Nine and is supposed to have new characters, dungeons, quests. I haven't downloaded it yet but will cost 800 microsoft points for the 360 owners.

Wow! Thanks for the info. It will be available for PC on December 4th for $10.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:58 PM   #496
Antmeister
Pro Starter

PC Mod of the Year -- Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul

I just read over Gamespy's Game Reviews for 2006 and I came across a mod that I had never heard of before. Apparently someone created a mod so that the entire world doesn't level up with your character. Instead the enemies have their level at a minimum and maximum cap level and it feel more like a traditional roleplaying game. Here is where I read the article:
http://goty.gamespy.com/2006/pc/index15.html

Has anyone tried out this mod?
Old 12-22-2006, 12:06 AM   #497
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
Wow! Thanks for the info. It will be available for PC on December 4th for $10.

Have you tried this expansion Ant?
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 11:27 AM   #498
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Have you tried this expansion Ant?

Unfortunately no. I actually haven't played the game in a while since I almost completed it. So I had been playing other game and FOF has taken a lot of that time recently.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:39 PM   #499
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

At the risk of jbmagicking here, which is more enjoyable, Oblivion or NWN2? In just reading about the two games on the surface, the idea of potentially endless user created scenarios would seem to swing the balance in favor of NWN2, but I wonder if the camera and system running issues swing it back over to Oblivion. Any comparative thoughts on the virtues of either?
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:18 PM   #500
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxab View Post
At the risk of jbmagicking here, which is more enjoyable, Oblivion or NWN2? In just reading about the two games on the surface, the idea of potentially endless user created scenarios would seem to swing the balance in favor of NWN2, but I wonder if the camera and system running issues swing it back over to Oblivion. Any comparative thoughts on the virtues of either?

The recent patch has improved performance and camera issues by a fair margin in NWN2. The camera goes too fast for me now without turning lag up, but I have a relatively high end machine. For me, I like NWN2 a bit more because it is easier for me to just dive in for a half hour a day or whatever time I have. I also am more of a fan of the strict D&D rules and character classes. However, I also enjoy Oblivion even though I haven't played it for a few months. Bottom line is I think they are both fun RPG's and they are both resource intensive and won't play their best on older systems.

My wife FWIW doesn't like Oblivion (she doesn't like the cameras in the game as the main factor) but loves NWN2.