Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-25-2009, 04:04 PM   #451
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
This Benson shit is annoying. He's expected to be worked back into the lineup vs the Browns. I really wish they would just bench Benson and go with Scott(whom I also have). Now I'm fucking clueless what to do in that game. Hell, I'd think it's reasonable to think that Leonard may outscore Benson and Scott if they both split carries.

I know, I have Benson and Scott too. I have Benson starting right now just because. I hope they announce some kind of definitive plan before Sunday.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 05:09 PM   #452
dervack
College Prospect

I need two of Matt Forte, Kevin Smith, Justin Forsett or Cedric Benson. I'm tempted to start Forsett and Benson as of now and then go with Forte if Benson is going to be limited. The Lions game being tomorrow makes it tough.

Last edited by dervack : 11-25-2009 at 05:09 PM.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 05:18 PM   #453
Travis
Pro Rookie

Don't totally bank on Forsett, they're talking about Julius being ready to go.

Makes no sense to me either way for the Seahawks or Bengals. For Seattle, well, you're out of it, play the kid and see what he has. For Cincy, well, if you can't take care of this game without Benson, you've got bigger issues.

I mean sure, if Benson is 100%, get him in there, but if he's not why not give him another week or two (I think they have Detroit on tap for next week) in games you should be able to win fairly convincingly without him?
Old 11-25-2009, 08:21 PM   #454
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Ok, 5 slots and 7 guys to choose from...

RB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR

RBs:
Pierre Thomas (vs. NE)
Ryan Grant (@ Det)
Brandon Jacobs (@ Den)

WRs:
Vincent Jackson (vs. KC)
Mike Sims-Walker (@ SF)
Hines Ward (@ Bal)
Santana Moss (@ Phi)
(I also have Crabtree, but I don't think he factors in)

Currently, I have the following slated:

RB Grant (@ Det)
RB Jacobs (@ Den)
RB/WR Ward (@ Bal)
WR Jackson (vs. KC)
WR Sims-Walker (@ SF)

I'm torn on Brandon Jacobs, Hines Ward and Pierre Thomas. Which of the three do I sit?
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:44 AM   #455
JS19
College Prospect

Brees at NE or Palmer vs CLE?
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:31 AM   #456
TLK
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
Brees at NE or Palmer vs CLE?

Brees at NE.

Probably get 250 yards and 2 TD's. Can't say that for Palmer.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:53 PM   #457
JS19
College Prospect

Went with Palmer, pretty much just a gut feeling. I already have a playoff spot locked up, and Palmer hasn't thrown a TD pass in the previous 2 weeks, he's gotta be due.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:39 AM   #458
MikeVic
Head Coach

Seems like a weekly thing now for me...

QB: Romo or Eli? They're playing each other, and I think the Giants have a better pass defense. But Eli is battling injuries? I'm leaning towards Eli this week.

RB: Mendenhall (vs Raiders) or Pierre Thomas (vs Redskins)? I think Mendenhall is the clear choice here, but wanted to pt this up for debate in case I'm missing something obvious.

WR: Rice, Harvin, or Colston? Colston is going against the Redskins, the #1 pass defense... so I'm leaning towards Rice (vs Cardinals) right now.

DEF: Bengals (vs Lions) or Jets (vs Bills)? I only ask because the Bengals D was a disappointment last week and it almost cost me a win since the Jets exploded and I ended up winning the week by 0.2 points (yes, you read that right).

Thanks in advance and I'll try to help you guys out too.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:05 PM   #459
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

I like Eli, Mendenhall and Jets.

I think Id consider Colston even against the #1 pass defense. He is a consistent option inside the red zone for the Saints. Harvin and Rice are solid plays but its hard to predict who is going to get their scores throwing AP, Shiancoe, and even Berrian into the mix.

I am struggling with Forsett/Slaton/Cartwright/Harvin at my flex postion.

I also have another issue in that the Jets playing tomorrow night meaning my 3rd qb(Sanchez) plays while I wont know anything for sure on Warner until later in the week and I dont have Leinhart. 2 QB league.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:11 PM   #460
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
I like Eli, Mendenhall and Jets.

I think Id consider Colston even against the #1 pass defense. He is a consistent option inside the red zone for the Saints. Harvin and Rice are solid plays but its hard to predict who is going to get their scores throwing AP, Shiancoe, and even Berrian into the mix.

I am struggling with Forsett/Slaton/Cartwright/Harvin at my flex postion.

I also have another issue in that the Jets playing tomorrow night meaning my 3rd qb(Sanchez) plays while I wont know anything for sure on Warner until later in the week and I dont have Leinhart. 2 QB league.

There's no one better than Sanchez in FA? I'd probably go with Forsett, hasn't he been looking good?
Old 12-02-2009, 12:14 PM   #461
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
There's no one better than Sanchez in FA? I'd probably go with Forsett, hasn't he been looking good?

Its a 10 person league where each team starts 2 qbs. Any QB that has a chance of playing gets picked up quickly. I have Rodgers, Warner and Sanchez so I wasnt real concerned about a better 3rd QB. My own fault for this situation.

Forsett has looked good. There is talk of Julius Jones coming back so that is my concern with him.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 12-02-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:24 PM   #462
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Forsett has looked good. There is talk of Julius Jones coming back so that is my concern with him.

I have Forsett as well and while I typically despise the whole idea of losing a starting spot to injury, I don't know how the Seahawks can sit him at this point. He has been really, really impressive (yeah, I know, it was the Rams last week but still). The Steelers made the move to Mendenhall and I think the Seahawks *should* make the move to Forsett but I don't think they will unfortunately.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:41 PM   #463
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I have Forsett as well and while I typically despise the whole idea of losing a starting spot to injury, I don't know how the Seahawks can sit him at this point. He has been really, really impressive (yeah, I know, it was the Rams last week but still). The Steelers made the move to Mendenhall and I think the Seahawks *should* make the move to Forsett but I don't think they will unfortunately.

I completely agree. Even as a part time player you could see he was better.

This Steve Slaton situation has me baffled as well. They bench Slaton(probably deserved) and go with Moats who has 2 good games. They give Slaton his starting spot back but they give Brown most of the carries and dont even play the back that was doing well(Moats).

Last edited by jbergey22 : 12-02-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:08 AM   #464
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

What are your guys thought about P.Manning in fantasy football playoffs? You think I should be actively looking for a backup for him? Is Jim Sorgi (Manning's backup) a reasonable add? Or a guy like Vince Young? Or should I not worry about them sitting him?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:16 AM   #465
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Start three of:

Frank Gore @ Seattle
Cedric Benson v. Detroit
Jamaal Charles v. Den
Knowshon Moreno @ K.C.

I think that Gore is a lock. I am almost certain that Benson is a lock. So it comes down to Moreno v. Charles. Right now, I am leaning toward Charles, but it is not an easy call.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:19 AM   #466
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

If Cedric Benson plays start him

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 12-03-2009, 10:02 AM   #467
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
What are your guys thought about P.Manning in fantasy football playoffs? You think I should be actively looking for a backup for him? Is Jim Sorgi (Manning's backup) a reasonable add? Or a guy like Vince Young? Or should I not worry about them sitting him?

I'd worry. Management has been very clear that they're going to start resting people, and they've rested Manning in the past. I'd look on the WW for a good backup, paying attention to the matchups they'll have in those weeks.

Now, I wouldn't sit Manning unilaterally - I'd check the matchups each week.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:02 AM   #468
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Start three of:

Frank Gore @ Seattle
Cedric Benson v. Detroit
Jamaal Charles v. Den
Knowshon Moreno @ K.C.

I think that Gore is a lock. I am almost certain that Benson is a lock. So it comes down to Moreno v. Charles. Right now, I am leaning toward Charles, but it is not an easy call.

I'm slightly out of the loop, but between Charles & Moreno I'd go with Charles because a) he's at home and b) as far as I know he's not splitting carries, while Moreno is.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:09 AM   #469
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
I'd worry. Management has been very clear that they're going to start resting people, and they've rested Manning in the past. I'd look on the WW for a good backup, paying attention to the matchups they'll have in those weeks.

Now, I wouldn't sit Manning unilaterally - I'd check the matchups each week.

Here are my choices for WW QB's:
V.Young - I just picked him up (in week 15 plays Miami, 16 San Diego)
J.Campbell (15 NYG, 16 Cowboys)
A.Smith (15 Phi, 16 Det)
M.Cassell (15 Cle, 16 Cinci)
Quinn - probably the best match up but it is Quinn and the Browns (15 KC, 16 Oak)

So which one other than Manning's backup do you like out of these? Is Jim Sorgi even worth picking up?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders

Last edited by CleBrownsfan : 12-03-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:11 AM   #470
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Week 15 I would still think you'll see Manning out there full-time. So I would look solely at the week 16 match-ups. Doing that, I would recommend Alex Smith against Detroit. Cassell is worth watching though to see how the Cassell-Chambers match-up grows and Bowe will be back (in what capacity, who knows) then as well.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:14 AM   #471
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I wouldn't pick up Sorgi because in Week 16 they play the Jets.

You know, I might pick up Alex Smith. Obviously start Manning over Smith in Week 15 (Colts @ Jax), and hope they play Manning for a quarter or two to build a lead, and then watch Smith destroy Detroit in Week 16.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:43 AM   #472
kingfc22
Head Coach

We scored the second most points this season, but could only manage a 7-6 record and no playoffs.

My defending championship team also scored the second most points and finished 7-6. Luckily that squad did make the playoffs.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:47 AM   #473
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
I wouldn't pick up Sorgi because in Week 16 they play the Jets.

You know, I might pick up Alex Smith. Obviously start Manning over Smith in Week 15 (Colts @ Jax), and hope they play Manning for a quarter or two to build a lead, and then watch Smith destroy Detroit in Week 16.

I have Schaub, and I grabbed Alex Smith when I saw that the 49ers play Detroit the championship week. I'm fighting for my life in getting into the playoffs (if I win this week I'm in, if I lose several factors come into play and I'd much rather control my destiny). I may even grab Vince Young (against StL) for this weekend because I need the win.

The only consolation if I don't get into the playoffs is that I fight for the #3 overall pick for next season (keeper league)...if I win the consolation bracket (Picks 1 and 2 would be already settled).

I would then keep Chris Johnson, Ray Rice and either Schaub or Harvin and have the #3 overall...but I'd rather win the 200 bucks.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:49 AM   #474
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Guys, thanks for your help thus far this year. My rag-tag group (with some steady regulars) has gone 10-3 in our 14 team league and is the #1 seed.

Current roster:
QB- Brady, Schaub
RB- Mendenhall, Addai, Kevin Smith, Harrison, Forsett
WR- Moss, Driver, DeSean Jackson, Meachem, Devery Henderson
TE- Fred Davis
K- Hartley
D- Packers

So I have two questions entering the playoffs.

#1- Brady (Carolina, @ Buffalo, Jacksonville) or Schaub (Seattle, @ St. Louis, @ Miami)? My gut tells me probably Schaub throughout.

#2- Should I cut one of the two Saints receivers OR the Packers D and pick up the Arizona Defense (@ SF, @ DET, St. Louis) over the Packers (@ Chicago, @ Pittsburgh, Seattle)?
Old 12-08-2009, 11:59 AM   #475
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Guys, thanks for your help thus far this year. My rag-tag group (with some steady regulars) has gone 10-3 in our 14 team league and is the #1 seed.

Current roster:
QB- Brady, Schaub
RB- Mendenhall, Addai, Kevin Smith, Harrison, Forsett
WR- Moss, Driver, DeSean Jackson, Meachem, Devery Henderson
TE- Fred Davis
K- Hartley
D- Packers

So I have two questions entering the playoffs.

#1- Brady (Carolina, @ Buffalo, Jacksonville) or Schaub (Seattle, @ St. Louis, @ Miami)? My gut tells me probably Schaub throughout.

#2- Should I cut one of the two Saints receivers OR the Packers D and pick up the Arizona Defense (@ SF, @ DET, St. Louis) over the Packers (@ Chicago, @ Pittsburgh, Seattle)?

#1 - Both are dinged up but Schaub is without Slaton and his non-throwing shoulder is a factor, plus I think there is no way the Texans make the playoffs so sooner or later they are a non-factor; New England however is in the thick of the fight and will be battling to the end. I'd certainly ride Brady (again dependent on health) in Carolina and see what transpires.

#2 - How many receivers do you start? How many points do you get from defense? New Orleans can score at will and having two receivers with their schedule is nice, even if you aren't starting them, but they lack consistency in scorers from their outer tier of players (Meachem is looking better than Devery though).
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 12-08-2009, 12:03 PM   #476
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
#1 - Both are dinged up but Schaub is without Slaton and his non-throwing shoulder is a factor, plus I think there is no way the Texans make the playoffs so sooner or later they are a non-factor; New England however is in the thick of the fight and will be battling to the end. I'd certainly ride Brady (again dependent on health) in Carolina and see what transpires.

#2 - How many receivers do you start? How many points do you get from defense? New Orleans can score at will and having two receivers with their schedule is nice, even if you aren't starting them, but they lack consistency in scorers from their outer tier of players (Meachem is looking better than Devery though).

Thanks a ton on #1, it's been a tough back-and-forth all year.

As for #2, we start 3 receivers and get a point per catch, per 20 yards, and 6 per td.

Defenses score 10 for a shutout and gradually lose points as they allow points up to a -2 for 35+. We get 2 points per pick or fumble recovery, 1 per sack, 6 per td, and 1 per 20 return yards.

Thanks a lot!

Brad
Old 12-10-2009, 09:15 AM   #477
Izulde
Head Coach

WR - Robert Meachem or Devery Henderson @ ATL or Pierre Garcon vs DEN? Hines Ward is still Questionable, too, so if he goes, he's in the mix.

Flex - QB Bruce Gadkowski (vs WAS), the other of Henderson/Meachem (@ ATL), RB Brandon Jacobs (vs PHI), or Garcon (vs DEN)

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:29 AM   #478
Travis
Pro Rookie

Okay, I have to pick 2 of the following (1 pt per 10 yards receiving/rushing, 6 pts per TD, no PPR):

Calvin Johnson @ Bal
DeSean Jackson @ NYG
Derrick Mason vs Det

Calvin might have Culpepper at QB and Jackson is coming off the concussion. Those are the two I'd like to start, but I'm starting to lean towards Mason over Johnson.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:39 AM   #479
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I'd say Johnson & Mason. Johnson because he's obviously the #1 target and will get the majority of the looks. Mason because... er... it's Detroit.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:58 AM   #480
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I'd say Johnson & Mason. Johnson because he's obviously the #1 target and will get the majority of the looks. Mason because... er... it's Detroit.

That's actually part of my worry with Mason. How long until it's ground game central? Detroit is likely playing from behind, so Johnson should be active all game, but how long will Mason factor in?
Old 12-10-2009, 12:05 PM   #481
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Would you dare start Brown's Jerome Harrison tonight? It's shitty here in Cleveland and I'm guessing both teams are going to run the ball - a lot. My other options for my #2 RB are: Fred Jackson, Larry Johnson, & Snelling

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 12-10-2009, 12:13 PM   #482
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
That's actually part of my worry with Mason. How long until it's ground game central? Detroit is likely playing from behind, so Johnson should be active all game, but how long will Mason factor in?

Yeah, and Mason's been a bit erratic recently (I own him in 2 leagues), but I'm starting him on the basis that he'll be part of the contribution to that lead.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:52 PM   #483
kingfc22
Head Coach

Big Ben @ CLE or Vince Young vs. STL???
Old 12-11-2009, 09:03 AM   #484
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Should I start Meachem over Harvin?

QB - Schaub
RB1-C Johnson
RB2-Ray Rice
WR1-Andre Johnson
WR2-?
FLEX (RB/WR)-P Thomas

Thx
Old 12-13-2009, 03:44 PM   #485
henry296
College Starter

Good news: I have Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall and Chris Johnson.
Bad News: I had the bye week and hope I didn't use up too many points for when it counts.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:31 AM   #486
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

In my money league I beat my opponent, 162-95.

Everyone in the league had a comment about it.

I just hope that the team saved some of that for next week.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:30 AM   #487
MikeVic
Head Coach

Won both of my money league playoff games, so these next two games are crucial and I'd like input please

QB: Romo (@Saints) or Eli (@Redskins)? I've stuck with Romo for a couple of weeks now, and I'd say I should stick with him again here...

RB2: Mendenhall (vs GB), Pierre Thomas (vs Cowboys), or Hightower (@Detroit)? I'd say the Packers D eliminates Mendenhall as a choice. Pierre Thomas goes against a decent run D. Hightower has the best matchup but looked like crap last night. So I'm pretty stuck here.

WR: I need two of: Reggie Wayne (@Jaguars), Colston (vs Cowboys), Rice/Harvin (@Carolina). Wayne has the best matchup, but he hasn't done much and will they rest him? Colston has the second-best matchup, while the Viking WRs have the worst matchup... I'm pretty stuck here too, even second-guessing an automatic Wayne start?

D/ST: Jets (vs Falcons) or Bengals (@Chargers)? I'd say Jets since they've played alright lately.

Thoughts?
Old 12-15-2009, 10:48 AM   #488
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Won both of my money league playoff games, so these next two games are crucial and I'd like input please

QB: Romo (@Saints) or Eli (@Redskins)? I've stuck with Romo for a couple of weeks now, and I'd say I should stick with him again here...

RB2: Mendenhall (vs GB), Pierre Thomas (vs Cowboys), or Hightower (@Detroit)? I'd say the Packers D eliminates Mendenhall as a choice. Pierre Thomas goes against a decent run D. Hightower has the best matchup but looked like crap last night. So I'm pretty stuck here.

WR: I need two of: Reggie Wayne (@Jaguars), Colston (vs Cowboys), Rice/Harvin (@Carolina). Wayne has the best matchup, but he hasn't done much and will they rest him? Colston has the second-best matchup, while the Viking WRs have the worst matchup... I'm pretty stuck here too, even second-guessing an automatic Wayne start?

D/ST: Jets (vs Falcons) or Bengals (@Chargers)? I'd say Jets since they've played alright lately.

Thoughts?

QB-Romo - He may have to throw to make it competitive
RB-Mendenhall, simply on the basis that he won't split carries, or Hightower in hopes of a high scoring game.
WR-Reggie and Colston, don't overthink, but monitor say from rotoworld.com on info (not from the features, but from the player news).
D/ST-I have the Bengals, I'd lean towards the Jets if Matty Ice isn't playing
Old 12-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #489
Izulde
Head Coach

Flex Spot - RB Justin Forsett vs TB or RB Brandon Jacobs @ Was?

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:19 AM   #490
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Big help needed. I squeaked by the first round but the Kevin Smith injury was a hit to my depth so I did some quick scrambling and dumped all my backups to pick up more RB options.

We're a PPR league, which two should start:

Addai @ Jacksonville
Mendenhall vs. Green Bay
Forsett vs. Tampa Bay
Felix Jones @ New Orleans
Ganther vs. New York Giants
Snelling @ New York Jets
Beanie Wells @ Detroit
Old 12-15-2009, 11:21 AM   #491
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I remain alive (and in the playoffs) in one league. Semis this week. Here are my decisions:

0.1 pt for completions & rushing attempts
0.5 pt for receptions
6 pt for all TDs
1 pt for 20 passing yards
1 pt for 10 rushing yards
1 pt for 10 receiving yards

QB (Pick 2): Rodgers @ Pit, Warner @ Det, Flacco vs. Chicago

I think Warner's an obvious start. I would tend to go with Rodgers, but how reeling is the Steelers' D, really? And it's outside in Pittsburgh. I'm thinking maybe Flacco has a better upside at home vs. a terrible Chicago D.

WR (Pick 2): A Johnson @ StL, V Jackson vs. Cin, B. Marshall vs. Oak, N. Burleson vs. TB, G. Jennings @ Pit

Leaning towards Johnson & Jackson here. Thinking the Raiders will have to focus on Marshall (and they have Nnamdi), and Jennings has been good, though not great, recently. However, Johnson has a little tweak and Cin have shut down some #1 receivers. Plus, there's also a flex spot (see below).

RB (Pick 2): A Peterson @ Car, B Wells @ Det, F. Jackson vs. NE

Peterson & Wells are obvious choices. Does Jackson belong in the flex (see below)?

TE (Pick 1): D. Clark @ Jac, B. Celek vs. SF

Leaning towards Clark, but will he get rested somewhat? Do either of these guys belong in the flex spot?

Flex (W/R/T, Pick 1)

Probably picking between Jennings & Jackson, but Marshall and Celek are also possibilities, I think.

Yes, this team is somewhat stacked, but my opponent is decent, and I don't want to fall on my face.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:21 AM   #492
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Flex Spot - RB Justin Forsett vs TB or RB Brandon Jacobs @ Was?

This is pretty much a no brainer. Forsett has been very good this season and is playing a terrible defense. Jacobs has been mediocre and is playing a pretty good defense. I don't see what's to decide.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:48 PM   #493
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
QB-Romo - He may have to throw to make it competitive
RB-Mendenhall, simply on the basis that he won't split carries, or Hightower in hopes of a high scoring game.
WR-Reggie and Colston, don't overthink, but monitor say from rotoworld.com on info (not from the features, but from the player news).
D/ST-I have the Bengals, I'd lean towards the Jets if Matty Ice isn't playing

Yeah, I'm still iffy on RB... but Caldwell said the Colts are going to play a full game, so Wayne and Colston it is.

Do you guys think Greg Olsen should still be my starter? Or should I drop him for Boss, Fred Davis, or Watson? I have first waiver priority so I'd get whoever I want.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:53 PM   #494
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Big help needed. I squeaked by the first round but the Kevin Smith injury was a hit to my depth so I did some quick scrambling and dumped all my backups to pick up more RB options.

We're a PPR league, which two should start:

Addai @ Jacksonville
Mendenhall vs. Green Bay
Forsett vs. Tampa Bay
Felix Jones @ New Orleans
Ganther vs. New York Giants
Snelling @ New York Jets
Beanie Wells @ Detroit

I think Addai and Forsett. Don't trust the others too much.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:58 PM   #495
Travis
Pro Rookie

Worth dropping Bowe to pick up Cribbs on the chance that he does become Cleveland's RB? Tricky situation with the position eligibility and I'm somewhat deep at WR (D. Jackson, Ca. Johnson, D. Mason, D. Bowe) so I can take a bit of a flyer, but I don't have many resources for insights into the Brownies.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:20 PM   #496
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Alright, week 1 of playoffs, Joseph Addai on my team, time to call in the cavalry. 12 team league, 10 yds/pt rec/rush, 6 pts per td, no ppr.

QB Drew Brees (Dallas)
RB Pierre Thomas (Dallas)
RB Ryan Grant (@Pitt)
RB/WR Joseph Addai (@Jacksonville)
WR Larry Fitzgerald (@ Det)
WR Santana Moss (NYG)
TE Vernon Davis (@ Philly)
K Stephen Gostkowski (@Buf)
D Ravens (vs. Chicago)

Bench:

QB Jason Campbell (NYG)
RB Ryan Moats (@ St. Louis)
WR Robert Meachem (Dallas)
WR Santonio Holmes (GB)

WR Jeremy Maclin (SF - Injured)
TE Zach Miller (@ Denver)
D Chargers (Cincy)

So basically the question is whether Addai warrants a go over the 3 receiver options (or the darkhorse Ryan Moats with Slaton on IR), and whether Moss vs. the Giants is a better play than Holmes vs. GB or tripling up on Saints with Meachem. (FWIW I've scored more than my opponent 5 of the last 6 weeks, but ESPN currently favors him by 4.)
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:29 PM   #497
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Dola - longer term question. 4 Keepers (I've advocated for more) and again 12 team league. Brees and Fitzgerald obviously, but then do I go Thomas/Grant? I'm not sold on Addai staying ahead of Brown long (or even Thomas ahead of Bell/Bush) and I always hate having Ryan Grant on my team (seems so boom/bust). Would I be crazy to keep Vernon Davis and only 1 RB?
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:39 AM   #498
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Dola - longer term question. 4 Keepers (I've advocated for more) and again 12 team league. Brees and Fitzgerald obviously, but then do I go Thomas/Grant? I'm not sold on Addai staying ahead of Brown long (or even Thomas ahead of Bell/Bush) and I always hate having Ryan Grant on my team (seems so boom/bust). Would I be crazy to keep Vernon Davis and only 1 RB?

I know what you're saying about Grant, but clearcut #1 RBs are becoming more rare every year. Grant is that, and it seems there are no thoughts in Green Bay to change that. As much as he's up and down, he's the most consistent back on your team.

Thomas is less so, with Bush (rightly) the primary recieving back, Thomas already gets no receiving yards, but with both healthy, also shares the rushing load with Bell.

Plus, if your primary rushers are Pierre Thomas and Mike Bell, that probably makes RB a need position in the offseason.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:24 AM   #499
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post

How do the keepers work? Does it cost draft picks? Is there any benefit to not keeping them? If you don't keep either of those guys and in the end you end up getting a few picks before everyone else, because everyone spent their 1st through 4th rounds on keepers, I wouldn't keep either then. If you don't get any benefit, then I'd keep them.

Grant is steadily unspectacular. I see no reason not to expect another 1200/8 season next year as I don't think they will expend any high draft pick at the RB position (they need OT/CB help and would see them drafting a RB in the 3rd or 4th round so, no threat to Grant)
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:27 AM   #500
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

My RBs are limping into the playoffs.

I have Turner (out), Smith (out) and then D. Williams, Forsett, Addai, Charles.

Charles is a given vs Cleveland and I was leaning towards Forsett also given Carolina vs Minnesota.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote