Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-11-2006, 12:24 AM   #451
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
I think he brings a combination of organziation, leadership, and a business mindset. He seems willing to get things done. A moderate republican.
Following up on the out of curiousity angle, does it bother you that he is staunchly pro-choice? My impression is that the Republicans are as likely to nominate a pro-choice Republican as the Democrats are to nominate a pro-life candidate. unless Bloomberg or Guiliani flip flops, I have a hard time seeing them pull it off.

McCain is the opposite in many respects -- whereas Bloomberg and Guiliani are fiscal conservatives and social liberals, McCain is a socially conservative and a fiscal liberal. I just have a hard time imagining any of these three getting through the nomination process.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:34 AM   #452
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
Following up on the out of curiousity angle, does it bother you that he is staunchly pro-choice? My impression is that the Republicans are as likely to nominate a pro-choice Republican as the Democrats are to nominate a pro-life candidate. unless Bloomberg or Guiliani flip flops, I have a hard time seeing them pull it off.

McCain is the opposite in many respects -- whereas Bloomberg and Guiliani are fiscal conservatives and social liberals, McCain is a socially conservative and a fiscal liberal. I just have a hard time imagining any of these three getting through the nomination process.

It doesn't bother me (I'm in that fiscal conservative, socially liberal group). But I believe if Bloomberg did run, he would run as an Indy. He would have no chance at the Republican nod.

Maybe I shouldn't used the term moderate Republican.

Last edited by Galaxy : 11-11-2006 at 12:35 AM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:22 AM   #453
SFL Cat
College Starter

I love the fiscal conservative, social liberal tag...

...how about we just call such folks greedy liberals.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 11:27 AM   #454
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Okay. How about we call fiscally conservative, socially conservative folks greedy bigots?
Old 11-11-2006, 11:46 AM   #455
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I found this interesting, seeing how close it actually was.

Quote:
In addition, the party has calculated that the winner received 51 percent or less in 35 contests, and that 23 races were decided by two percentage points or fewer, 18 races were decided by fewer than 5,000 votes, 15 races were decided by fewer than 4,000 votes, 10 races were decided by fewer than 3,000 votes, eight were decided by fewer than 2,000 votes and five races were decided by fewer than 1,000 votes.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:11 PM   #456
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFL Cat View Post
I love the fiscal conservative, social liberal tag...

...how about we just call such folks greedy liberals.

How does fiscal conservative=greedy?

Then your gonna love this article,

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...NOMY-RUBIN.XML

Last edited by Galaxy : 11-11-2006 at 01:04 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 03:12 PM   #457
-Mojo Jojo-
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
How does fiscal conservative=greedy?

Honestly. I guess it's less greedy to write yourself checks and bill it to the grandkids...
-Mojo Jojo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 03:29 PM   #458
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
In addition, the party has calculated that the winner received 51 percent or less in 35 contests, and that 23 races were decided by two percentage points or fewer, 18 races were decided by fewer than 5,000 votes, 15 races were decided by fewer than 4,000 votes, 10 races were decided by fewer than 3,000 votes, eight were decided by fewer than 2,000 votes and five races were decided by fewer than 1,000 votes.

This is extremely misleading....

The winner receiving 51% does not mean the election was that close. Example: In the AZ-5, (D) Mitchell had 51% over (R) Hayworth who had 46%. Also, not all of these wins were Democrats. In the CA-4, (R) Musgrave won with 49% of the vote.

The way they describe the vote differences is misleading, making it sound like there were more than 18 close races, but each of the succeeding amounts are included in the tally of 18. Again, not all of these narrow wins were Democrats. (R) Buchanan won the FL-13 with only 400 votes. (R) Roskam beat (D) Duckworth by 4,000. (R) Porter won by by less than 3,000.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 04:39 PM   #459
Buccaneer
Head Coach

No, the closeness had to do with either how tight some were or that others would have taken some more get-out-to-vote to make a difference. It wasn't a statement on how "close" the Dems won.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote