Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-05-2012, 01:40 AM   #451
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Red Sox sign Shane Victorino to exactly the same contract terms as they gave to Mike Napoli. That doesn't make a ton of sense, but the Red Sox will be under budget this year, so it really doesn't matter, it's not like the money would have been spent elsewhere. It's just nice to get more warm bodies in there that weren't members of the 2012 team.
I don't really like it (did like the Napoli signing), but it makes a lot more sense if they plan on trading Ellsbury this winter(or week). Still need one pitcher (Anibal Sanchez, Ryan Dempster?), and they want to add another outfielder (Cody Ross for his RH splits?), especially if they trade Jacoby. I'm also not sure on trading Ellsbury now, but that all depends on the return - his value is a low now, but I don't see it being any higher near the trade deadline when he's essentially a rental, and it only takes one team to really covet him (here's to hoping the Phillies miss out on Michael Bourn somehow).

I'm also not a huge fan of the Victorino deal because it seems like they're paying for mediocrity instead of trying out some combo of Kalish/Nava next year, Brentz/JBJ in 2013, but I guess we have the budget room to pay $13 million for an outfielder with (the wrong side) platoon splits, and the market for CF's has gone crazy, so why not?

Last edited by BishopMVP : 12-05-2012 at 01:41 AM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:57 AM   #452
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
I heard the Phillies might sign someone this off-season.

They may need to resign Brian Schneider, seeing that Carlos Ruiz will miss the 1st 25 games of the season.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #453
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Any word on where Dick Cheney was during all this?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:22 AM   #454
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
I don't really like it (did like the Napoli signing), but it makes a lot more sense if they plan on trading Ellsbury this winter(or week). Still need one pitcher (Anibal Sanchez, Ryan Dempster?), and they want to add another outfielder (Cody Ross for his RH splits?), especially if they trade Jacoby. I'm also not sure on trading Ellsbury now, but that all depends on the return - his value is a low now, but I don't see it being any higher near the trade deadline when he's essentially a rental, and it only takes one team to really covet him (here's to hoping the Phillies miss out on Michael Bourn somehow).

I'm also not a huge fan of the Victorino deal because it seems like they're paying for mediocrity instead of trying out some combo of Kalish/Nava next year, Brentz/JBJ in 2013, but I guess we have the budget room to pay $13 million for an outfielder with (the wrong side) platoon splits, and the market for CF's has gone crazy, so why not?

Dislike as well. Not really a fan of the Napoli deal, but it's better than this one. This one only makes sense if they trade Ellsbury frankly, otherwise it seems like a stupid move to block young potential for older mediocrity.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #455
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Just pulling numbers real quick and not looking at other specifics (and I won't say WAR is the end all be all, just using it as a quick and dirty choice).

Actually, he said over the last 20 years, so the numbers from 92-2012 looks like the following:

Code:
Rk Player WAR From To 1 Randy Johnson 93.9 1992 2009 2 Greg Maddux 83.5 1992 2008 3 Pedro Martinez 82.6 1992 2009 4 Roger Clemens 81.0 1992 2007 5 Curt Schilling 76.9 1992 2007 6 Mike Mussina 76.0 1992 2008 7 Roy Halladay 63.1 1998 2012 8 Tom Glavine 58.3 1992 2008 9 Kevin Brown 57.9 1992 2005 10 Andy Pettitte 54.5 1995 2012 11 Mariano Rivera 52.7 1995 2012 12 Tim Hudson 51.1 1999 2012 13 CC Sabathia 51.0 2001 2012 14 John Smoltz 51.0 1992 2009 15 Mark Buehrle 48.9 2000 2012 16 Johan Santana 48.6 2000 2012 17 Roy Oswalt 48.5 2001 2012 18 Kenny Rogers 46.0 1992 2008 19 Kevin Appier 44.4 1992 2004 20 David Cone 43.3 1992 2003 21 Brad Radke 42.6 1995 2006 22 Jamie Moyer 41.6 1993 2012 23 David Wells 40.9 1992 2007 24 Javier Vazquez 40.2 1998 2011

Provided by Baseball-Reference.com: View Play Index Tool Used
Generated 12/5/2012.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #456
Subby
lolzcat

The Red Sox just seem to be completely flailing in FA. Victorino is no better than a short-side platooner at this point. Napoli had one outlier year. What the hell is going on there?
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #457
molson
General Manager

The Red Sox may be afraid to give big contracts to bigger stars

On the other hand, it seems like for every single free agent signing (by any team), there's a lot of sentiment that it was too much money. Maybe that's just what these guys cost. If the Sox should have passed on Napoli and Victorino, who should they have gone after and for what cost?
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:38 AM   #458
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The Red Sox may be afraid to give big contracts to bigger stars

On the other hand, it seems like for every single free agent signing (by any team), there's a lot of sentiment that it was too much money. Maybe that's just what these guys cost. If the Sox should have passed on Napoli and Victorino, who should they have gone after and for what cost?

IMO Napoli and Victorino don't do anything to make this team more playoff-likely. So why not just let the kids play?

Victorino in particular doesn't address any sort of "need" (again, unless you trade Ellsbury, in which case whatever you trade Ells for had better be a #3 or better starter). Napoli....alright I can see a need, but I don't think he's due for the bounceback year that people seem to be factoring him in for, so I think that ends up being a contract they end up eating.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #459
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:

I hear ya, but there is a constant of league minimum cost for replacement players, and an almost unlimited supply of them. We all know that at least a couple of the 7-figure free agents signed this offseason will produce a negative VORP going forward.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #460
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
I hear ya, but there is a constant of league minimum cost for replacement players, and an almost unlimited supply of them. We all know that at least a couple of the 7-figure free agents signed this offseason will produce a negative VORP going forward.

Maybe you could make the argument that the Red Sox should go into 2012 with a $40 million payroll, filling all the gaps with minimum salary AAAA veterans, but I don't know if that's realistic PR-wise. This is an ownership that gets skewered for focusing too much on Liverpool when their payroll is $170 million.

Edit: And of course, you can't pick up any random AAAA free agent and minimum salary and be guaranteed a 0 VORP or WAR over a full season. As the Red Sox have proven again and again, you can't pay a guy $10 million/year and be guaranteed that.

Last edited by molson : 12-05-2012 at 11:15 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #461
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Tom Cheek Wins The Ford C. Frick! | Drunk Jays Fans | Blogs | theScore.com

Longtime Blue Jays announcer Tom Cheek wins the Ford C. Frick Award, the HOF award for broadcasters.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #462
rowech
Pro Starter

Rumors around Cincy have Ellsbury coming to Cincy for Stubbs and prospects. Please let it be true.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #463
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Rumors around Cincy have Ellsbury coming to Cincy for Stubbs and prospects. Please let it be true.

No way!
Old 12-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #464
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
No way!

That was my opinion too but there are a lot of people talking.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #465
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I don't see the value in Stubbs. Also doesn't make sense to trade one OF for another when you just committed to Victorino. What the team needs to trade Ellsbury for is young SP, either established, or with #1/#2 starter ceiling.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #466
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't see the value in Stubbs. Also doesn't make sense to trade one OF for another when you just committed to Victorino. What the team needs to trade Ellsbury for is young SP, either established, or with #1/#2 starter ceiling.

Ellsbury might get a good pitching prospect, but no way he gets an established 1 or 2. He was great in 2011, but injuries and poor performance in 2010 and 2012 make him pretty risky, especially when he's going to be a Boras free agent after 2013.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #467
Logan
Head Coach

The Mets will probably give you Dickey for him.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:46 PM   #468
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

And in what planet is one year of Ellsbury worth that kind of ceiling? Stubbs is an elite defensive CF, better than Ellsbury; while the former has a much greater offensive profile, he has only one year of control at market value as a Boras client. If you're the Reds, Stubbs and a B prospect for Ellsbury may make sense as a win-now move, but there's no "no 1 starter" type coming back for Jacoby.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #469
oykib
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Ellsbury might get a good pitching prospect, but no way he gets an established 1 or 2. He was great in 2011, but injuries and poor performance in 2010 and 2012 make him pretty risky, especially when he's going to be a Boras free agent after 2013.

Also, you only get the pick from losing a tendered free agent if he was oon your team for more than a year. Ellsbury walks for nothing at the end of 2013 for any team but the Red Sox.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:18 PM   #470
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I thought it was just a complete season? Yanks signed Kuroda in January of 2012 and he was free agent comp.

Last edited by stevew : 12-05-2012 at 05:19 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #471
oykib
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I thought it was just a complete season? Yanks signed Kuroda in January of 2012 and he was free agent comp.

Yeah. I guess the ox could trade him in the winter and the new team'd still get something.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #472
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
If this rumor has any truth to it, I think it's a great move for Cincy. Get some offense in the lineup for 2013 and clear the way for Billy Hamilton in 2014.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #473
DanGarion
Coordinator

Rumor has it that Dodgers are attempting to sign both Greinke and Sanchez...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #474
MrBug708
Head Coach

Blanton 2 years 15 million

Last edited by MrBug708 : 12-05-2012 at 07:34 PM.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #475
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

You misunderstood. Either an established starter (#3,#4,#5), or a prospect with a higher ceiling than that (to compensate for the fact that they're not established).
Old 12-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #476
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
And in what planet is one year of Ellsbury worth that kind of ceiling? Stubbs is an elite defensive CF, better than Ellsbury; while the former has a much greater offensive profile, he has only one year of control at market value as a Boras client. If you're the Reds, Stubbs and a B prospect for Ellsbury may make sense as a win-now move, but there's no "no 1 starter" type coming back for Jacoby.

On the planet of "if you can't get a pitcher that can contribute this year or a high-ceiling prospect for the future you might as well just keep him and let him walk and take the draft pick."

Stubbs has a poor offensive profile. So (presumably) does Iglesias at SS. Sox are already going to be carrying like 2 subpar offensive players, last thing the team needs is a third (being generous...Stubbs might be a 4th for all we know).

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 12-05-2012 at 07:42 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #477
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
The Red Sox just seem to be completely flailing in FA. Victorino is no better than a short-side platooner at this point. Napoli had one outlier year. What the hell is going on there?
Quote:
Napoli....alright I can see a need, but I don't think he's due for the bounceback year that people seem to be factoring him in for, so I think that ends up being a contract they end up eating.
Napoli doesn't need to bounce back to 2011 levels - even an OPS around his career .859 would make him worth the money, he's not blocking anyone, and there wasn't anyone else out there that wouldn't cost prospects/draft picks. Victorino's deal is much more suspect imo (even if it's not much of an overpay with the new market), and is the one we'll likely be eating money from in a deal next offseason or the one after.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
The Mets will probably give you Dickey for him.
I'd jump on that in a minute, but it doesn't look like the Sox want to trade Ellsbury now, and the Mets are definitely asking for too much. Their first offer was reportedly Bogaerts and Bradley Jr.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #478
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Blanton 2 years 15 million

good luck with that
Old 12-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #479
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Royals saber fans at DEFCON 1 as there are rumors that a Myers for Shields trade is on the table but Friedman wants more than Myers to get it done while the Royals are seriously mulling it over.

SI

Old 12-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #480
RedKingGold
College Starter

Phillies acquire OF Ben Revere for Vance Worley and Trevor May. Not sure if I like this move, I've always thought Worley was overrated but I really know nothing about Revere. From what I've read, Revere is a solid, slightly above-average player who will be cheap over the next few seasons and his biggest problem is health (5'9'' and 170).

Phillies are also supposedly deep in conversation for Michael Young, but those talks have been rumored for several seasons now without a deal.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #481
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
good luck with that

Yeah, color me less than excited at the Blanton addition. Hey, guys, you think maybe just maybe we can go for a pitcher with an ground-to-fly ratio above 50% for once? Do you think? And maybe do a little bit better than a guy with a 4.71 ERA in the pitching league.

So that puts the Angels' likely rotation at Weaver-Wilson-Hanson-Blanton-Richards. It's not a crap rotation, but it's certainly not the uber-rotation we had (on paper) last year, and we didn't even make the playoffs with that rotation.

Angels have more or less said, too, that they are out on Greinke.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 12-06-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #482
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Myers has hit so well throughout the minors that it would probably be justifiable homicide for a fan to murder Moore for trading him.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #483
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Yeah, color me less than excited at the Blanton addition. Hey, guys, you think maybe just maybe we can go for a pitcher with an ground-to-fly ratio about 50%?
If you really are starting Bourjos and Trout in the OF, GB/FB shouldn't be as big a deal as it would for other years/teams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Royals saber fans at DEFCON 1 as there are rumors that a Myers for Shields trade is on the table but Friedman wants more than Myers to get it done while the Royals are seriously mulling it over.
There's also the rumor that KC approached Boston about Myers for Lester and the Sox said not even worth discussing... I'm not sure I buy either, but maybe Myers has less value than people think.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 12-06-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #484
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
If you really are starting Bourjos and Trout in the OF, GB/FB shouldn't be as big a deal as it would for other years/teams.

Well, I'm not worried about the flies falling inside of the fences, ya know?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 12-06-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #485
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Youk to the Yankees is a great move if it happens.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #486
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

The bonus is that Red Sox Nation would go ape shit!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:43 PM   #487
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
The bonus is that Red Sox Nation would go ape shit!

Eh - I dunno about that so much.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #488
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I know people who still consider Johnny Damon a traitor (and then get mad when I point out how the Sox got him originally )
Old 12-07-2012, 07:26 AM   #489
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Myers has hit so well throughout the minors that it would probably be justifiable homicide for a fan to murder Moore for trading him.

I get if you're close and want to trade more future wins for current marginal wins when the current wins are more valuable. But 2013 is not that year.

SI

Old 12-07-2012, 07:53 AM   #490
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
And maybe do a little bit better than a guy with a 4.71 ERA in the pitching league.

I was thinking "c'mon, he couldn't have been that bad compared to the rest of the league", so I looked it up.

There were 46 pitchers with enough innings to qualify for the ERA lead in the NL last year. Blanton was 45th, ahead of only Tim Lincecum. Only 4 pitchers with that many innings in the NL had a worse WAR: Correira, Zito, Hanson and Lincecum.

Okay, I give ... this is that bad an acquisition.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:58 AM   #491
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Phillies acquire OF Ben Revere for Vance Worley and Trevor May. Not sure if I like this move, I've always thought Worley was overrated but I really know nothing about Revere. From what I've read, Revere is a solid, slightly above-average player who will be cheap over the next few seasons and his biggest problem is health (5'9'' and 170).

Phillies are also supposedly deep in conversation for Michael Young, but those talks have been rumored for several seasons now without a deal.

I don't think health has been an issue with Revere but he is fairly small so it could be an issue playing every day. His two biggest issues are a very weak arm and zero power. He's an extreme ground ball hitter who has only managed 33 xbh and no home runs in about 1000 major league plate appearances.

But he is blazing fast and will cover a lot of ground in center field. And he should hit for a good average although he doesn't walk much. Basically Juan Pierre is his upside.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:24 AM   #492
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I get if you're close and want to trade more future wins for current marginal wins when the current wins are more valuable. But 2013 is not that year.

SI
I'm not opposed to trading Myers for a front of the rotation starter if the deal is right. Problem is Shields is not a front line starter away from The Trop and you're giving up six years of a cheap Myers for two years of a guy who has a half-run higher road ERA than Jeremy Guthrie.

The rumors I've seen are that the Royals are interested in Dickey but not if Myers is the price. If the Royals traded Myers for Lester, I think both GMs would be burned if effigy, even though the Red Sox would be the clear winners. Myers could be a beast in Fenway.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #493
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryche View Post
I don't think health has been an issue with Revere but he is fairly small so it could be an issue playing every day. His two biggest issues are a very weak arm and zero power. He's an extreme ground ball hitter who has only managed 33 xbh and no home runs in about 1000 major league plate appearances.

But he is blazing fast and will cover a lot of ground in center field. And he should hit for a good average although he doesn't walk much. Basically Juan Pierre is his upside.

Intesting, and thanks for the info. Juan Pierre on his downside did pretty well in the same role last year.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:33 AM   #494
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I was thinking "c'mon, he couldn't have been that bad compared to the rest of the league", so I looked it up.

There were 46 pitchers with enough innings to qualify for the ERA lead in the NL last year. Blanton was 45th, ahead of only Tim Lincecum. Only 4 pitchers with that many innings in the NL had a worse WAR: Correira, Zito, Hanson and Lincecum.

Okay, I give ... this is that bad an acquisition.

Damn... okay, ignorance is bliss, lol. Now I'm depressed.

What a stupid deal. It's not "let's trade our only good hitting catcher and our starting left fielder for an injury-prone overrated outfielder with $80 M left on his four year deal", but it's still a very stupid deal.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #495
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
I know people who still consider Johnny Damon a traitor (and then get mad when I point out how the Sox got him originally )
Those people are generally idiots, much like Damon, but Damon went straight from Boston to NY at the height of the rivalry after 2 epic 7-game ALCS's where Youkilis has been run out of town, and we don't exactly appear to be competing with just them for the WS like that mid-2000's stretch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
If the Royals traded Myers for Lester, I think both GMs would be burned if effigy
That's the sign of a good deal

I'm not sure about the Sox being clear winners - I'd still support it, but a lot depends on whether you think Lester is declining or just had a bad year. He'll be 29, pitched 190+ innings, had a K/9 of about 9, and an ERA below 3.50 for 4 straight years before last year. He never quite made the leap to Cy Young contender and "Ace" status, but he was a top 5-10 pitcher in the AL. And Myers of course has the great Minor League track record, but no MLB time - there's always a chance he could be a bust like a Delmon Young.

Sox sign Koji Uehara to 1 year/4.25m deal. Great pickup.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 12-07-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #496
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Michael Young to the Phillies.

The Bill James favorite toy gives Young a 37% chance at 3000 hits. Will be interested to see if he can maintain enough defense to work in the NL. Or if he can subsist as a Paul Molitor type until he gets 3000(needs 770more)
Old 12-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #497
MrBug708
Head Coach

6/145
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #498
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

I hate you guys Bug. I'm worried that the Dodgers are getting so rich even Agent Ned couldn't fuck it up.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:53 PM   #499
SackAttack
Head Coach

6/147 are the final numbers, I believe. $12m signing bonus, $17m in 2013. Then 24/23/24/23/24 for the final five years.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:02 PM   #500
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
6/147 are the final numbers, I believe. $12m signing bonus, $17m in 2013. Then 24/23/24/23/24 for the final five years.

I think that the general consensus is that deals for pitchers that are 5 or more are generally losers for the teams. I like the deal now, but 5 years from now, we'll all look back and know that they never got their money's worth.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote