Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-29-2006, 09:11 PM   #451
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Any of the Sooner fans out there care to tell me about Travis Wilson? I'm not sure why the Browns went reciever in the third round, but is the kid any good?
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 09:27 PM   #452
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729
Any of the Sooner fans out there care to tell me about Travis Wilson? I'm not sure why the Browns went reciever in the third round, but is the kid any good?

Yeah, he's solid - probably good value for a 3rd rounder. He has nice size and good hands. It looked as if he'd be a big playmaker for Oklahoma when he was opposite Mark Clayton, but injuries and inconsistency marked this past year for him.

Personally I don't think he'll ever be a guy that'll be a star or anything, but he should be a solid NFL WR. He's strong, so he won't be pushed around, and he doesn't drop a lot. Cleveland should be happy with him in the long run.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:29 PM   #453
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
I have to say, I'm impressed with Corey Chavous on NFL Network... I mean, damn was he just rattling through players like a beast just now in their Day 1 wrap-up.

Yeah, he was very impressive and none of their guys annoyed me. I watched ESPN's coverage for the first hour. Then, I remembered I had NFL Network and they were covering the draft. I never missed ESPN.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 09:30 PM   #454
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
So why exactly did the Cowboys pick a TE in the second when we have Witten? I know we lost Dan Campbell, but damn I think we have more pressing needs than #2 TE...

My question exactly. Plus, they signed a guy (Hannam) who was supposed to be the blocker to replace Campbell.

The word on Fasano is he's a good, balanced TE. Maybe Parcells was looking for more of a double threat catching the ball in the two tight sets.

I also think Witten's a free agent after this year, so maybe this is protection in case he wants more money than Jones is willing to pay. Personally, I think not tying Witten up long term would be a mistake.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:46 PM   #455
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm
Anyone else think Frostee Rucker has a great deal in his future with Wendy's??

I told my wife she should meet his brother, Tastee Freeze. Made her laugh and bought me another 10 minutes of coverage before she came to her senses and made me turn something else on.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:12 PM   #456
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

While I think the Texans messed up in the 1st round. I REALLY like their 3rd round. OT Charles Spenser and OT Eric Winston in back to back picks early in the 3rd.

While I like the Williams pick by Atlanta, I hoped they would have taken Justice. *sigh* The Falcons better get an OT in free agency.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:17 PM   #457
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
I told my wife she should meet his brother, Tastee Freeze. Made her laugh and bought me another 10 minutes of coverage before she came to her senses and made me turn something else on.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who got fussed at for watching too much draft today.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:18 PM   #458
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm not real crazy about the Steelers' draft. I am overall happy that we added Santonio Holmes, but I think we gave up quite a bit to get him, considering that Jackson and Moss slid into the 2nd round. Overall, I'm glad that he'll be a Steeler, though.

The two picks in the third round are puzzling to me. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them gets cut and does not make the team.

I guess I anticipated a better overall group of first day players, but we added someone much more high end than I anticipated, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:18 PM   #459
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The only ESPN thing I liked all day was William Henderson and his realtive frankness and intelligence. I only wish I had NFL Network.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:24 PM   #460
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Still don't like the Carpenter pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFL.com
Carpenter was a very frustrating linebacker to evaluate, because he no doubt has the size, strength, playing speed and athleticism to be a productive all-around linebacker, but he is not one now, and he is unlikely to ever become one. While he tests out like a warrior, his lack of instincts hinder his ability to play up to his off-field workouts -- he is often a beat late moving at the snap and lacks the explosiveness to catch up once he loses a step. When he is aggressive with his hands, he does a good job jolting blockers, gets arm extension and can shed and get free to make plays against runs directed at him -- he has shown the ability to do a good job of maintaining force responsibility. Overall, Carpenter is going to test out big time and will be drafted higher than rated because of it, but he will struggle to become the big-play impact linebacker that is expected of such high draft picks. He will develop into a good starting linebacker, who like many current NFL starters, makes a lot of tackles chasing down plays in pursuit, but does not make big plays to impact games. Carpenter broke an ankle against Michigan, so the ankle will need to pass tests before he is completely cleared.

Fasano is okay. Would have rather addressed a need (OL, WR, S) than a Witten clone (receiving TE who needs to improve on blocking). OTs Marcus McNeil and Eric Winston were available.

Not sure about Hatcher but at least the Cowboys got a 4th rounder for trading down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFL.com
Hatcher is a player that nothing was known about when grading started on Grambling, but based on his measureables, he warranted a close look and it only took him a few plays before he made a very big hit on the quarterback to grab attention. He is somewhat of a "tweener" in that he is 6-foot-6 and 280-plus pounds, which is excellent for a strong-side defensive end, but he lacks the explosiveness and burst to threaten the corner as a speed/edge rusher, which is why about half the teams are looking at him as a defensive end and half as a defensive tackle. His tendency to play upright and without leverage so often is what hinders his play at defensive tackle. Overall, Hatcher has the ability to become a good starting strong-side defensive end for a team that plays a 4-3 defense or a defensive end for a team that plays the 3-4 defense. He is a raw, developmental prospect that will need a season to improve his play with leverage and become more consistently aggressive with his hands vs. blocks in order to play up to his natural strength, but he should develop into this player if he goes to a team that is patient with him and gives him time to develop. He will most likely need to go to NFL Europe in 2007 to gain playing experience to become the good starting defensive lineman he will eventually be.

At 6'6" 280+, maybe he is Ferguson's backup?

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:26 PM   #461
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
The only ESPN thing I liked all day was William Henderson and his realtive frankness and intelligence. I only wish I had NFL Network.

-Anxiety

I completely agree...
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:29 PM   #462
Craptacular
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
I only wish I had NFL Network.
-Anxiety

LOL ... I totally forgot I even have it now. If you figured there was actually a useful day to watch it up 'til now, today would have been the day.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:50 PM   #463
miami_fan
Coordinator

LenDale White

From this link http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...SECTION=SPORTS

Coach Jeff Fisher said there were published reports about a positive drug test at the NFL Combine.

"That is not correct," he said. "We got the results from all the testing at the combine. The reports were false. We just feel considering the ability that he has and the production he has and the running style that he brings to this franchise, this was a player we could not pass up."

I don't see why Fisher would lie about the tests. It is not like he is the first coach to take a chance with the kid who had a positive drug test especially in the third round.
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 11:02 PM   #464
RendeR
Coordinator

Ok, someone with a clue want to help me understand the BENGALS DRAFT PICKS???

W.....T......F????

We needed a big play/target tight end...nope.
We needed another BIG body NT type.....Nope.
We signed a quality DB in FA to go with returneing starter Madieu williams, so...lets add another DB to the list..OH and while we're at it let's bring in a Left Tackle to replace...what? 2 pro bowlers?

I'm seriously not happy right now...Can someone clarify that I'm just not in tune with the world according to Marvin?
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 11:05 PM   #465
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR

W.....T......F????

We signed a quality DB in FA to go with returneing starter Madieu williams, so...lets add another DB to the list..OH and while we're at it let's bring in a Left Tackle to replace...what? 2 pro bowlers?

I'm seriously not happy right now...Can someone clarify that I'm just not in tune with the world according to Marvin?

Have you been a Bengals fan for like less than a year?
Old 04-29-2006, 11:10 PM   #466
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

W.....T......F????

4/5 of the Bengals OL hit free agency this offseason.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:19 PM   #467
RendeR
Coordinator

Actually the entire line WOULD have hit FA NEXT offseason, not this one. Theyll get deals done with Willie and Steinbach, no problem there, they already have a deal with Williams, so that leaves Center and Levi Jones to worry about. I don't see LEvi...Levi-ing the Bengals, he's not THAT good.

So again, someone got a random clue dropped by Marvin and his secret agent drafting board? None of these picks makes sense based on the teams needs. I have no doubt they are Marvin-style players, but damnit man, when you have guys like Pope and others out there WHY NOT GET ONE!
Old 04-29-2006, 11:22 PM   #468
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Have you been a Bengals fan for like less than a year?

Our drafts under marvin have, until now been superior to almost anyone elses. I haven't had any real issues with the guys they've taken. Ok Stacey Andrews was a HUGE reach, but if he ever pans out, he'll be a monster.

But this year the first three picks are....well to be honest, nobodies. No names, nothing to really talk about, and unfortunately, nothing that fills holes we have right now. I'm just bewildered after 3 seasons of stupendous Drafts.

Oh...and to answer your silly question, I've been a Bengals fan since the stripes first struck the Mighty Ohio River.

1981, the Year the Bengals became real Tigers.

Its been a long fucking haul let me tell you......but its been worth it =)

Last edited by RendeR : 04-29-2006 at 11:28 PM.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:26 PM   #469
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Actually the entire line WOULD have hit FA NEXT offseason, not this one. Theyll get deals done with Willie and Steinbach, no problem there, they already have a deal with Williams, so that leaves Center and Levi Jones to worry about. I don't see LEvi...Levi-ing the Bengals, he's not THAT good.

Yeah, that's what I meant, they hit the FA after next season, although I see now that I worded it poorly. Gotta draft for depth, you can't keep everyone.

Last edited by stevew : 04-29-2006 at 11:27 PM.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:30 PM   #470
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
Yeah, that's what I meant, they hit the FA after next season, although I see now that I worded it poorly. Gotta draft for depth, you can't keep everyone.

Actually, the way the salary cap is going, they should have no real problem keeping the O-line in tact. I could possibly see them drafting the tackle if they felt Willie might retire soon, but he's not getting hurt a lot and he's still one of the best tackles in the league, so I dunno...
Old 04-29-2006, 11:49 PM   #471
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Actually, the way the salary cap is going, they should have no real problem keeping the O-line in tact. I could possibly see them drafting the tackle if they felt Willie might retire soon, but he's not getting hurt a lot and he's still one of the best tackles in the league, so I dunno...

In his final season, Whitworth did not allow a sack, he started 50 games at the college level, so he can probably play in year one if you get an injury. I think Marvin addressed areas where your team needed improvement and places where you needed depth. I didn't think the secondary was as good as it should be, yeah, they did get the turnovers, but you can't always count on them, you gotta get stops and play good coverage too. The games I watched of them, I thought there was room for improvement. This Joseph kid is very fast and a pretty good prospect at CB, he'll start in a year.

I don't know that the big body DT type you want, would have actually been available when you pick. The guy the Bills took in the first was pretty much the last of the upper tier DT's, and he was graded as a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

I think Pope could be a pretty good TE prospect, so if my team needed a TE I would be dissapointed he was passed up on. The fact, though, that he made it into the 3rd shows that other teams didnt have him that highly graded, either.

With the success that Marvins had, I would wait until the 2nd day is over until I questioned him.

Shit, you could have had the Bills or Vikes draft, I thought the bengals did pretty well.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:16 AM   #472
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Shit, you could have had the Bills or Vikes draft, I thought the bengals did pretty well.
;( god its sad when the Bungles have better drafts than you
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 01:15 AM   #473
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Absolutely love the Eagles' first two picks!! In a lot of mock drafts, both Bunkley and Justice don't make it to the Eagles and the Eagles manage to get both and didn't give up much to do it. Fan-frickin-tastic!!!!

Gocong is a little puzzling as I'm sure they could've got him in the 4th or 5th round but they may have been targeting him and then heard that somebody else was just as interested...who knows?? I would've liked to see a receiver picked here, somebody like Maurice Stovall or Derek Hagan, instead.

As for tomorrow, I think they'll grab a receiver, hopefully a big, sure handed guy like Martin Nance or Hank Baskett with one of their 4th round picks. It would've been nice to also grab a "big" runningback to compliment Westbrook, but free agency may be the best solution to fill that need. The offensive line is probably the other place they could improve, or at least look for some depth.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 01:16 AM   #474
Daimyo
College Starter

Quote:

W.....T......F????

Welcome to being a fan of a good team, it may take some getting used to not picking at the top of the draft every year.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 01:50 AM   #475
IwasHere
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan
From this link http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...SECTION=SPORTS

Coach Jeff Fisher said there were published reports about a positive drug test at the NFL Combine.
That is crazy.

Here is what NBC Sports reported tonight.
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12547820/
Quote:

NBCSports.com news services
Updated: 6:21 p.m. ET April 29, 2006

USC's White reportedly failed NFL drug test
Running back drops to 45th overall pick with Titans

Why would NBC report this unless they could seriously back it up. Unlike Fisher who may be using some Spin Controll, NBC could be held Liable for damaging Whites career and face serious litigation.

I think Fisher is Spininning the Fact that the Texan Franchise does not have any reports currently in their offices that have White testing positive for drugs. The NBC article states that the NFL has reports in their offices that White had a positive test. So, I guess legally they are both telling the truth?
IwasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 05:03 AM   #476
Vince
Pro Starter

The only failed drug test I read about was the DT Wroten.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 05:08 AM   #477
Vince
Pro Starter

Dola -- anyone know much about WR Brandon Williams out of Wisconsin? Seems like he's primarily a Punt Returner, and that is all the Niners apparently will use him for in the beginning...but man do our receivers suck -- I can't imagine this kid can't crack the rotation at all. We have what, Antonio Bryant and Arnaz Battle? Who's #3, P.J. Fleck?

I'm very excited that the 49ers might be able to pick up either S Darnell Bing or WR Demetrius Williams in the fourth round.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.

Last edited by Vince : 04-30-2006 at 05:11 AM.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 05:11 AM   #478
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
So why exactly did the Cowboys pick a TE in the second when we have Witten? I know we lost Dan Campbell, but damn I think we have more pressing needs than #2 TE...

Word from Jerry is Dallas' base formation will be a 2 TE set, so in that light getting another starter-quality all-around TE does make more sense. The DE they selected was pretty surprising to me, but considering they didn't leap to take an OT or a S when there were some decent prospects left (at least at S), I have to figure the scouts were pretty high on the guy they selected.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 05:14 AM   #479
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
The only failed drug test I read about was the DT Wroten.

I heard word he was the only position player to fail a drug test, but there was word one other player had also tested positive.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 07:26 AM   #480
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:

W.....T......F????

From one Bengals fan to another, here is an explanation of what I think Cinci's thought process was on the first three picks-

1- CB Johnathan Joseph - Brought in specifically to take over Tory James' job in a year or two, because James is getting old. I think he is 32 or 33 now.

He will most likely take Keiwan Ratliff's nickel snaps for a while and Keiwan might end up moving to Free Safety permanently as a backup to Madieu Williams in case he gets hurt again.

He also seems to be willing to play special teams, and with that kind of speed (Ran a 4.31) should be one of the first guys down the field most of the time. They lost Kevin Walter this offseason, and he was their Special teams ace.

2- T Andrew Whitworth - I guarantee you this is an insurance pick in case Willie doesn't re-sign. He (Willie) sounds like the one that has the most seperation between what he wants and what Cinci can afford to give, and I am guessing they keep Levi Jones and Steinbach before they keep Willie. There is always the chance Anderson re-signs next season, but if he wants to break the bank and Whitworth can step in, I would rather see that happen.

- it is worth noting that I definitely wanted Pope here, but I think theyre looking at Charles Davis, Tim Day, or Jeff King in round 4 or 5. Personally, I like Davis, he played basketball, and he is said to be a good blocker with size and work ethic and a high upside.

3- DE Frostee Rucker - I admit I think this was a stretch, but I think if Marvin sees something in someone, I trust him. He has done really well with the drafts he has been a part of. Rucker is likely someone who will push Robert Geathers on the outside, or maybe be a situational pass rusher. He looked good in the East-West shrine game as well, so maybe he'll be better than we think.

We'll see what they do today.. I'm thinking they go for a guy like Rodrique Wright or Orien Harris or Darnell Bing if they fall to them in round 4, then in 5-7 they get their tight end, possibly a QB, and some interior offensive line help, probably at guard. Maybe one of those 3 punters to challenge Larson a bit.

I'd like to see them pick up Steve Fifita in round 7 if they don't have another DT by then. I liked what I saw from him the couple times I watched him play last season.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 08:00 AM   #481
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwasHere
That is crazy.

Here is what NBC Sports reported tonight.
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12547820/

Why would NBC report this unless they could seriously back it up. Unlike Fisher who may be using some Spin Controll, NBC could be held Liable for damaging Whites career and face serious litigation.

I think Fisher is Spininning the Fact that the Texan Franchise does not have any reports currently in their offices that have White testing positive for drugs. The NBC article states that the NFL has reports in their offices that White had a positive test. So, I guess legally they are both telling the truth?

I am not debating whether it is true or not. None of us really know. It is not the first time such reports have happened around the draft and certainly won't be the last. My question is why go out of your way to spin a positive? The Titans don't really have any reason to spin this one or the another. Especially not for the #45 pick in the draft. It would make sense to spin the drug situation if you were taking him in the first round. If it is true, the Titans could say "We believe it is a one time thing and our background checks have us comfortable with that." No big deal. Going out of their way to deny the reports just makes no sense to me.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:50 AM   #482
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
I think this WR will push Morgan and Washington for a spot, perhaps also push Morey for one as well on ST. I'm a bit perplexed, as I would have thought they would have taken another defensive player, and then tried to get a return type or slash guy, maybe a Jeremy Bloom/Reggie McNeal in the 4th

Agree...my wife said "So they've taken 2 WRs?". Exactly.

Day 2, they hopefully address LB depth-- probably an OLB type guy, that leaves them this guy outside, Wallce inside, and Harrison able to play both positions. Plus whoever they keep out of Arnold Harrison, Frazier, or whoever else, like Clint Freaking Kriewaldt. I've never understood his place on the team, and touted as a good ST guy, cause I've never once seen him in the first wave of guys downfield or make a ST tackle.

Other day 2 spots-- QB (Gradkowski?) and OL (someone like Rob Sims, OSU, who might be able to backup multiple positions?) since Faneca is over 30, Simmons done after next year (?) and no certainities with Kemoeatu, need depth at G. They'll take a TE with one of the late picks, to be the #3 this year, and probably #2 next year. The guy doesn't need to be able to catch, just block.

the last pick? Who know...they have a thing for BYU DE's (Keisel, Nua) and Polynesian DE's (Nua, Kimo)...so Manaia Brown from BYU looks like a great fit!
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 10:12 AM   #483
Logan
Head Coach

I can't believe Devin Hester went in the 2nd round.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 10:18 AM   #484
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan
I can't believe Devin Hester went in the 2nd round.

He has that.....POTENTIAL!

I can't believe it either
Old 04-30-2006, 10:20 AM   #485
Logan
Head Coach

I question the Niners' pick of Michael Robinson, especially with a bunch of quality safeties there.

EDIT: And of course, Oakland takes Bing with the next pick.

Last edited by Logan : 04-30-2006 at 10:20 AM.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:32 AM   #486
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

ESPN says that the Lions are thinking about trading Harrington to the Browns or Chiefs. Why would these teams want Harrington?
Old 04-30-2006, 10:36 AM   #487
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
ESPN says that the Lions are thinking about trading Harrington to the Browns or Chiefs. Why would these teams want Harrington?

I could see the Chiefs. They only have Damon Huard backing up Trent Green. I don't see the Browns with Frye starting this year.

Last edited by miami_fan : 04-30-2006 at 10:40 AM.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:46 AM   #488
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

What did the Lions get in the trade with New England?
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 10:56 AM   #489
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan
I could see the Chiefs. They only have Damon Huard backing up Trent Green. I don't see the Browns with Frye starting this year.

They just drafted Croyle though, so I wouldn't want Harrington in the same state.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 11:03 AM   #490
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Hmm the Pats just drafted a kicker from Memphis
Old 04-30-2006, 11:04 AM   #491
miami_fan
Coordinator

I am not that impressed with Croyle.

Where is dawgfan? I need some info on Joe Toledo.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:10 AM   #492
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I still don't understand why Damon Huard has had to suffer as a clipboard holder. I really liked him and thought he had potential when he was with the Dolphins. He had a 5-1 career record as a starter, but apparently Wanny had some kind of gay love affair with Fielder.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 11:15 AM   #493
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Hmm the Pats just drafted a kicker from Memphis
He's a good kicker. I was hoping that the Saints would pick him.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 11:21 AM   #494
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Word from Jerry is Dallas' base formation will be a 2 TE set, so in that light getting another starter-quality all-around TE does make more sense. The DE they selected was pretty surprising to me, but considering they didn't leap to take an OT or a S when there were some decent prospects left (at least at S), I have to figure the scouts were pretty high on the guy they selected.

The Cowboys base formation will be a two tight end set?? What the hell for?? I can't imagine that would sit well with TO...good luck with that.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 11:25 AM   #495
Joe
Pro Starter

anyone know anything about Tavaris Jackson? I am thinking the Vikings picked another guy they could have waited much longer to get.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 11:32 AM   #496
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
anyone know anything about Tavaris Jackson? I am thinking the Vikings picked another guy they could have waited much longer to get.

I don't know much about him, but the thinking there may be that they wanted to get him in the 2nd round, so that they could sign him for a little bit longer of a deal, so he has time to develop and have a manageable contract if he pans out.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:33 AM   #497
Daimyo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka
The Cowboys base formation will be a two tight end set?? What the hell for?? I can't imagine that would sit well with TO...good luck with that.
Because the Colt's base two-TE formation always hindered Marvin Harrison so much...
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 11:39 AM   #498
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka

Daimyo's right. It shouldn't have any effect on TO at all. They'll play pretty much without a fullback and go to a 3 wide in some passing situations. The pick makes a bit more sense with that intention in mind.

Now, who knows much about Skylar Green from LSU? I remember him as kind of a small, quick guy. Can he punt/kick return? Good hands?

Last edited by Cuckoo : 04-30-2006 at 11:39 AM.
Cuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 11:49 AM   #499
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm
Agree...my wife said "So they've taken 2 WRs?". Exactly.

Day 2, they hopefully address LB depth-- probably an OLB type guy, that leaves them this guy outside, Wallce inside, and Harrison able to play both positions. Plus whoever they keep out of Arnold Harrison, Frazier, or whoever else, like Clint Freaking Kriewaldt. I've never understood his place on the team, and touted as a good ST guy, cause I've never once seen him in the first wave of guys downfield or make a ST tackle.

Other day 2 spots-- QB (Gradkowski?) and OL (someone like Rob Sims, OSU, who might be able to backup multiple positions?) since Faneca is over 30, Simmons done after next year (?) and no certainities with Kemoeatu, need depth at G. They'll take a TE with one of the late picks, to be the #3 this year, and probably #2 next year. The guy doesn't need to be able to catch, just block.

the last pick? Who know...they have a thing for BYU DE's (Keisel, Nua) and Polynesian DE's (Nua, Kimo)...so Manaia Brown from BYU looks like a great fit!
'

If you get a chance, watch the Reid video clips on yahoo sports. Dude is a dynamic punt returner, I'm actually very happy with the pick.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:51 AM   #500
Logan
Head Coach

I liked DT Orien Harris (Pitt's last pick) until about four seconds ago, when I saw that he's Kwame's brother.

Gross.