Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-04-2005, 08:19 AM   #1
Skolleck
n00b

FastFL update

FastFL. The FastFL. Snickers, giggles, whispers and winks abound when the name is mentioned or suggested. So bad, so corrupt, so completely screwed up; that a song was written about them. Performed and sung by a talent borrowed from William Hung.

FastFL has had plenty of drama, events, scandals, and plain-out, hit-you-in-the-forehead cheating. I could have had a V-8 , I could have been a part of FOF2k4 history ...

My name is Scott Kolleck, and I have been a part of FOF2k4 history. I have been a loyal owner in a league that had problems and I have stuck with the league. Now, I am the new commissioner of FastFL.

I will be FastFL's third commissioner. I need to be very clear to everybody involved with this league and anybody considering joining the FastFL - Cheating will not be tolerated. Anybody caught cheating will be removed.

The FastFL is exactly that... *fast*, and I think that it is a hot bed, a petri dish, if you will, of possible cheating. Heck, we spawned at least two cheats that are now part of every commissioner's checklists (Rookies and players cut in commish mode).

I understand this league has been rocked by scandal and I will try to resolve the problem(s) in several ways;

1) All stages, inputs and league chatrooms will be saved and clearly marked via timestamp for possible review at a later time. This will be done on the commissioners computer and, if possible, at least one other league official.

2) Any cheating, no matter how small, will be deal with in extremely strict terms. This will include items that are not exactly detailed in the posted rules. A good rule of thumb would be that = "Any action or contract, that appears to defraud the league, a team, or any player, will be considered cheating."

3) Trading with the computer will be suspended for the near future. This is a feature that will be good if the computer has a human advocate or other assistance. As it is currently ruled, it is too easy to abuse, in my option.

4) All Drafts and All Playoffs will be held live. Each event will be live, and witnessed by two or more league members, or it will be postponed (at least 24 hours). The live events will take place with a combination of AOL Instant Messenger, Netmeeting, and the forums. All events will be documented with all attending owners saving the respective files of the event. (Private conversations are not included.)

5) Stages will be run no sooner than the posted schedule. Unless the time change is posted at least 24 hours in advance. Stages will be completed no later than 12 hours after the scheduled cutoff time. Stage changes will be accepted up to simulation time, but no allowance will be made for late stages, if it is late - it may be or may not be used. This is determined by the download results at simulation time.

6) If a stage is simulated within the 12 hours as specified above then the next stage will be run at the normal scheduled time. If the 12 hour window is missed, then the stage due date will be moved 24 hours from the standard schedule.

7) All owners are recommended and encourged to invite, cajole, bribe, and hogtie friends and/or rivals into joining this league... Oh, hold on, bribes would be cheating... No Bribes, but hogties are still legal.

We are here to have fun, this league has been smeared by past issues. I want to have a fun league, use the history we have built, and continue this great league.

Thanks for your time,
Scott Kolleck
GM Fast FL Raiders
Commish v3.0

Skolleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 08:42 AM   #2
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Vote Skolleck

The Buck Stops here!
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 10:18 AM   #3
streetballer22
Mascot

Not to be rude but don't you think starting a new league that sims quickly would be your best bet?

Last edited by streetballer22 : 12-04-2005 at 10:18 AM.
streetballer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 10:36 AM   #4
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skolleck
Performed and sung by a talent borrowed from William Hung.

Hey now, no need to rip on the Ant Man...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 06:27 PM   #5
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetballer22
Not to be rude but don't you think starting a new league that sims quickly would be your best bet?

Yes, I agree with this. I think a new name would be the best bet and a new face lift to the web site to get rid of all the FastFL blemishes. So what happened to the last commissioner, PackerFanatic? I know he is suspened here, but did he eventually purchase his own license?
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 06:29 PM   #6
Joe
Pro Starter

agree with the above. you guys should just make a new league. you could call it... the QuickFL.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 06:43 PM   #7
KWhit
Coordinator

*snicker*
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 10:15 PM   #8
WrongWay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister71
Yes, I agree with this. I think a new name would be the best bet and a new face lift to the web site to get rid of all the FastFL blemishes. So what happened to the last commissioner, PackerFanatic? I know he is suspened here, but did he eventually purchase his own license?
Nope, he never did. Basically Every member in this league offered to buy him a new license, but he decided to take a break for the holidays instead of returning to the FastFL. We hope to see him back in the league after the first of the year.

The league motto is "So fast you'll think it is single player" and that is pretty much what I hope to get out of this league. A single player game set to the extra hard level where I can generate decades worth of stats in under a real years time.

No other leagues out there even come close to a Simmed FOF year every 3 weeks. If you accept this league for what it is you can have a blast watching your players get drafted out of college, develop into Superstars, grow old, retire, and then someday enter the Hall of Fame.

Anyway, that is why I am not going anywhere. I am having a blast with this league.
WrongWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 11:21 PM   #9
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
agree with the above. you guys should just make a new league. you could call it... the QuikFL.

Old 12-05-2005, 07:56 AM   #10
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister71

So the previous commissioner didn't even own the game?!?!?!

I missed that little nugget.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:15 PM   #11
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
So the previous commissioner didn't even own the game?!?!?!

I missed that little nugget.

Man there was a lot of drama from that league from what I understand. I probably only know a 10th of the shenanigans that happened in that league.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 12:47 PM   #12
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongWay
We hope to see him back in the league after the first of the year.

I'm just some random dude, so y'all don't feel compelled to listen to me. But I think that one way that you can convince people that the league has been cleaned up is to not allow back in those associated with the wrongdoings (alleged and otherwise) of the past.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 12:49 PM   #13
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight
I'm just some random dude, so y'all don't feel compelled to listen to me. But I think that one way that you can convince people that the league has been cleaned up is to not allow back in those associated with the wrongdoings (alleged and otherwise) of the past.

fwiw, I agree.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 12:50 PM   #14
KWhit
Coordinator

How can the commish sim the games without having the game?

Last edited by KWhit : 12-05-2005 at 12:51 PM.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:51 PM   #15
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
How can the commish sim the games without having the game?

He had a copy of his friend's license.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 01:01 PM   #16
KWhit
Coordinator

Ah, I see. And the league hopes "to see him back in the league after the first of the year."

I'm happy to see that cheating will not be tolerated. Theft, however, doesn't seem to be a problem.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:09 PM   #17
Skolleck
n00b

I do not expect the former commissioner to return. We are still looking for more human owners to join us.

One of the reasons I decided to continue the league is because of the history and stats that have been built up. The other reason is that if the replacement league had an issue, would we just start over again? and again? No, you move on, and make rules to prevent the issue from occurring again.

Many real life sports leagues have had cheating, improper behavior, theft, and other crimes against humanity. Some did not survive scandal, many more survived and continued. Baseball had the "Black Sox", betting scandals like Pete Rose, and currently has a huge steroids problem.

We will continue the FastFL and I hope to see some more people join up.

Come over and see us at:
http://www.replicatednfl.com/fastfl/

Thanks,
Scott Kolleck
Commissioner FastFL
Skolleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 04:12 PM   #18
Anthony
Banned

good luck man. FastFL is the league that doesn't want to die.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 04:39 PM   #19
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
FastFL is the league that doesn't want to die.

Neither did Generalissimo Franco, but ... well, we know how that turned out.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:49 PM   #20
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Neither did Generalissimo Franco, but ... well, we know how that turned out.

This just in... Generalissimo Franco is STILL DEAD!