Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-13-2005, 05:50 PM   #1
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Boy George and Anna Nicole Living Together.

www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005570588,00.html

They will be on the English version of Big Brother that is starting soon. I almost wish this was on T.V. here. A coke head and the ultimate airhead, fun times. I miss the Anna Nicole Show.

Cringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 05:54 PM   #2
Lorena
Unregistered

Isn't this the same thing as "Surreal Life"? I stopped watching since they had Omarosa... I can't stand her!!
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 05:58 PM   #3
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick
Isn't this the same thing as "Surreal Life"? I stopped watching since they had Omarosa... I can't stand her!!

Kind of, but Big Brother is good because they don't get out of the house at all. Not contact with people outside, no TV, no radio. Just them and the normal voting out stuff, and usually it is normal people.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:06 PM   #4
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Please please no ... Big Brother has been running for years here now and is very very tired imho, just make it go away.

(Disclaimer - I have to admit I've always hated it, but I've got more passionate about it the more its chased the lowest common denominator .. and believe me they're being very creative about finding new lows )
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 06:15 PM   #5
AlexB
Pro Starter

It's on it's last legs: last year security was called in to stop a wannabe gangster and thick-as-shit girl twatting each other, this year another thick-as-shit teenage girl thought she would be a star by showing 'the 2nd biggest tits in Huddersfield' to the camera, wearing S&M uniforms, then wondered why she was laughed out of town. Unfortunately, which is where this year has had it's worst effect, she couldn't cope with the failure & rejection, apparently became an alcoholic, rumoured to have gone on the game, and then allegedly was raped, having rejected her parents (none of which she deserved/asked for/etc in case my views are misunderstood).

This is the problem with the show: in order to maintain/increase ratings, to keep the public interested with new shocking behaviour, they go for intellectually/morally 'challenged' people who in effect prostitute themselves on the show for an imagined fame & fortune that at best is fleetingly temporary, and who inherently are not able to cope with either the short-lived high or the far longer subsequent lows. An even sadder story will almost undoubtedly emerge if the show continues.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 07:49 PM   #6
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jari Rantanen's Shorts
It's on it's last legs: last year security was called in to stop a wannabe gangster and thick-as-shit girl twatting each other, this year another thick-as-shit teenage girl thought she would be a star by showing 'the 2nd biggest tits in Huddersfield' to the camera, wearing S&M uniforms, then wondered why she was laughed out of town. Unfortunately, which is where this year has had it's worst effect, she couldn't cope with the failure & rejection, apparently became an alcoholic, rumoured to have gone on the game, and then allegedly was raped, having rejected her parents (none of which she deserved/asked for/etc in case my views are misunderstood).

This is the problem with the show: in order to maintain/increase ratings, to keep the public interested with new shocking behaviour, they go for intellectually/morally 'challenged' people who in effect prostitute themselves on the show for an imagined fame & fortune that at best is fleetingly temporary, and who inherently are not able to cope with either the short-lived high or the far longer subsequent lows. An even sadder story will almost undoubtedly emerge if the show continues.

I need translations on "thick-as-shit" and "gone on the game" to understand this post
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 07:51 PM   #7
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl
I need translations on "thick-as-shit" and "gone on the game" to understand this post

I figured thick-as-shit = dumb-as-a-stump

but gone-on-the-game has me puzzled too.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:53 PM   #8
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
I figured thick-as-shit = dumb-as-a-stump

but gone-on-the-game has me puzzled too.

Maybe that's like being "wacky on the junk"?
Old 12-13-2005, 08:06 PM   #9
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jari Rantanen's Shorts

So it is being 'American-ized' then.....?
Old 12-13-2005, 09:43 PM   #10
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
gone on the game = gone pro
Old 12-14-2005, 02:21 AM   #11
Coder
College Prospect

What Jari said is basically the Swedish version as well.. the first season was actually a mix of "ordinary people".. all age ranges, all kind of "looks" (i.e. from ugly to normal)..

Then the next few years it's become increasingly focused on silicon 20-year olds who are willing to have sex in front of the camera with 20-year old steroidpumping guys.

The more silicon the more likely you are to win.

~ I am an idiot, walking a tight rope of fortunate things ~
Coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 03:31 AM   #12
andy m
High School Varsity

gone on the game means she started playing football manager 2006 24/7.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:35 AM   #13
Desnudo
Coordinator

Gum and nuts, together at last.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 07:46 AM   #14
AlexB
Pro Starter

'On the game' means 'turned to prostitution'. Didn't realise it was a UK saying - you were right with thick-as-shit though!
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 08:35 AM   #15
WrongWay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick
That is what I was thinking.

Poor MTV does not get any credit for any of this reality craze. Most people think it was Survivor that started the reality craze.

And, I also hate the fact that Oprah will never thank, or even acknowledge, Donahue for all the hard work he did for the talk show genre.
WrongWay is offline   Reply With Quote