Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-12-2005, 07:14 PM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Yet Another Madden-ism

Just now, Madden was asked by Stu Scott if VIck was a running QB or just a QB. Madden's response?

"Vick is a quarterback who is a running quarterback."

Sheesh.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 08:51 PM   #2
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Does he use strategery?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 08:57 PM   #3
Flasch186
Coordinator

better than Stuart Scott saying:

"I have daughters. Warrick Dunn is the kind of guy I hope they marry." Jeez, man.

and now to pile on....doesnt his gap in height between his eyebrows seem to have gotten bigger over the past few?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:03 PM   #4
vex
Grizzled Veteran

They were talking so much they nearly missed the INT.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:04 PM   #5
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
better than Stuart Scott saying:

"I have daughters. Warrick Dunn is the kind of guy I hope they marry." Jeez, man.

and now to pile on....doesnt his gap in height between his eyebrows seem to have gotten bigger over the past few?

BOOYA, he's a playa and you's a playa hata. Ya feel me dawg???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:06 PM   #6
LionsFan10
High School Varsity

This is a direct quote from Madden 2006 on the PlayStation 2 by John Madden ....

"90% of the game is half mental."
Old 12-12-2005, 09:19 PM   #7
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

He's a PT Per baby...pass the rock to the diaper dandy...

wait that's a different annoying ass
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 10:03 PM   #8
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I actually like Madden. You just have to realize that he is what he is, and that is one of the most poplular color guys to ever wear a mic. He doesn't always, or often, speak to the student of the game, but he does introduce a lot of humor while relaying the sport to more casual fans. I used to have much more of a problem the last few years he was teamed with Summerall, but that was all about Summerall(Is that how you spell that?) and not about Madden.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 10:05 PM   #9
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Holla at a playa when you see him in the street
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 10:50 PM   #10
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFan10
This is a direct quote from Madden 2006 on the PlayStation 2 by John Madden ....

That quote's been out there forever, attributed to various players in all the sports who're perceived as being "dumb as a rock."

If it's in Madden 2006, it's because it was meant tongue-in-cheek.

(Not that Madden doesn't suck as an announcer these days.)
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 10:52 PM   #11
vtbub
College Starter

Snoop Dog is not a crooner.

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 11:43 PM   #12
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFan10

The doctors say he's got a 50-50 chance to live, but there's only a 10% chance of that.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 11:54 PM   #13
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

OK.. I am not sure what thread to put this in, but Mora was just interviewed and I wondering if I am just asleep, or that I heard what I think I did. Mora was asked about if Vick would play next week and he said (paraphrasing), "Oh yeah, he will sh... do whatever it takes to get ready." The "sh" being shoot up is what it sounded like he was going to say! I couldn't believe it, but I could just be asleep.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 08:06 AM   #14
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I fell out of my chair when TB punted the ball and a player from their team caught it on like the 2 yard line and Madden says, "If the Saints player would have caught that ball, which he didn't then the TB player wouldn't have caught the ball, but the Saints player didn't so he did." or something like that.

I would love to see Michaels face after some of Madden's observations.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 08:17 AM   #15
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I fell out of my chair when TB punted the ball and a player from their team caught it on like the 2 yard line and Madden says, "If the Saints player would have caught that ball, which he didn't then the TB player wouldn't have caught the ball, but the Saints player didn't so he did." or something like that.

I would love to see Michaels face after some of Madden's observations.

I loved Michaels trying to avoid telling Madden to STFU when he was trying to convince him that Red + Yellow = Green.

It appeared that he thought that green actually was what those two colors make (and not just an isolated incident because of the mustard stain... which is funny in and of itself)!
Old 12-13-2005, 08:21 AM   #16
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Two minutes to midnight!
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 11:13 AM   #17
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I was thinking this last night before I saw this thread, but I think last nigh'ts broadcast was an all-new low. Al Michaels is a great broadcaster, but I personally think football has always been his worst sport. He and Madden doing football together sounds increasingly similar to a baseball game during a rain delay.

There were huge chunks of the game last night where they would spend time talking about anything but the game, leading to moments like this:

Michaels: It's been a tough year for the Saints, playing in San Antonio and Baton Rouge and never getting to go back home.

Madden: And the tough thing about not getting to go back home is that you never really feel like your home no matter where you are.

Michaels: Very true. I was talking to Joe Horn this afternoon, and he was telling me about a great tuna fish sandwich he had while on the road in New York.

Madden: I like tuna. It's great. The great thing about tuna is that it's a fish.

Michaels: Tuna is a fi -- D'Angelo Hall just picked off a pass and he is in for a touchdown. There is a flag on the play so we'll have to see if it stands.

Madden: I'm pretty sure tuna is a fish.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 11:18 AM   #18
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

lmao. that's a classic conversation right there.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:24 AM   #19
Antmeister
Pro Starter

I hope it wasn't mentioned in another thread, but last night they were also talking about mixing colors. John Madden asked what do you get when you mix yellow with red. Al Michaels said that it was orange. Madden told him he was dead wrong because mustard spilled on his red tie and he tried to wipe it off only to discover his tie now looks green. So they proceed to talk about it for another few minutes. I couldn't stop from laughing at his conclusion.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 11:35 AM   #20
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister71
I hope it wasn't mentioned in another thread, but last night they were also talking about mixing colors. John Madden asked what do you get when you mix yellow with red. Al Michaels said that it was orange. Madden told him he was dead wrong because mustard spilled on his red tie and he tried to wipe it off only to discover his tie now looks green. So they proceed to talk about it for another few minutes. I couldn't stop from laughing at his conclusion.

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...8&postcount=15

Old 12-13-2005, 11:38 AM   #21
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
I loved Michaels trying to avoid telling Madden to STFU when he was trying to convince him that Red + Yellow = Green.

It appeared that he thought that green actually was what those two colors make (and not just an isolated incident because of the mustard stain... which is funny in and of itself)!

Yeah, that was classic.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:39 AM   #22
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19
I was thinking this last night before I saw this thread, but I think last nigh'ts broadcast was an all-new low. Al Michaels is a great broadcaster, but I personally think football has always been his worst sport. He and Madden doing football together sounds increasingly similar to a baseball game during a rain delay.

There were huge chunks of the game last night where they would spend time talking about anything but the game, leading to moments like this:

Michaels: It's been a tough year for the Saints, playing in San Antonio and Baton Rouge and never getting to go back home.

Madden: And the tough thing about not getting to go back home is that you never really feel like your home no matter where you are.

Michaels: Very true. I was talking to Joe Horn this afternoon, and he was telling me about a great tuna fish sandwich he had while on the road in New York.

Madden: I like tuna. It's great. The great thing about tuna is that it's a fish.

Michaels: Tuna is a fi -- D'Angelo Hall just picked off a pass and he is in for a touchdown. There is a flag on the play so we'll have to see if it stands.

Madden: I'm pretty sure tuna is a fish.

I love when Frank Caleindo does Madden, he does a lot of these types, which is dead on.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:40 AM   #23
st.cronin
General Manager

This thread reminds me of when the Village Voice used to transcribe Phil Rizzuto's ramblings and call it 'poetry.'
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 11:58 AM   #24
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
The doctors say he's got a 50-50 chance to live, but there's only a 10% chance of that.

Same old story. Boy finds girl. Boy loses girl. Girl finds boy. Boy forgets girl. Boy remembers girl. Girl dies in a tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year's Day.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:09 PM   #25
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
Same old story. Boy finds girl. Boy loses girl. Girl finds boy. Boy forgets girl. Boy remembers girl. Girl dies in a tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year's Day.

Goodyear?
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 12:13 PM   #26
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

That little snippet pretty much captures my impression of a MNF telecast, the game is incidental to the conversations ... and that's a big part of why I watch even less MNF than I do any other NFL game (i.e. Sunday early, Sunday late, etc)
Old 12-13-2005, 12:22 PM   #27
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

I don't know... in anything less than the most stellar of matchups, I go into MNF expecting (and wanting) more of a baseball-type broadcast. Maybe I'm just conditioned, but I don't have a problem with it.

~rpi-fan