Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-12-2005, 03:28 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

Good place to get Sirius radio (buy/install)

The wife wants Sirius radio in her car so that she can listen to Howard Stern next year. Any suggestions for a good place to get it that will install it for me?

Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 04:05 PM   #2
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
The wife wants Sirius radio in her car so that she can listen to Howard Stern next year. Any suggestions for a good place to get it that will install it for me?

Plug and play ones out of the question? The portability is pretty good with being able to take into the house if you want or switch cars.....

Maybe the wires out in the open aren't great if that is the only place you will be using it though I guess.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:06 PM   #3
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Dola- from what I have heard (on Howard 100 actually) is that the best place to go first right now would be your major chains....Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. They should be getting the bigger selections right now and I am pretty sure most offer installations on car audio equipment.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:13 PM   #4
Kodos
Resident Alien

And those Geek Squad guys do an okay job installing?
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 04:16 PM   #5
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
And those Geek Squad guys do an okay job installing?

That is something someone else will have to tell you. I go the plug and play route because it is in my truck during the week, car on the weekend. And I have never had any audio equipment installed before at a place like that...or anywhere actually.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:24 PM   #6
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Did a search on my3cents.com and found some complaints about Best Buy. But then again the people who get good service don't seem to post there either. I did find this from aguy getting a stereo installed....

Quote:
Please beware if you have an appointment at Best Buy that it will take longer than you think and also ALWAYS ask questions about additional things you are told that you have to purchase.

Maybe calling around to smaller, local companies would be better. Not sure of the price difference.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:31 PM   #7
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer
Did a search on my3cents.com and found some complaints about Best Buy. But then again the people who get good service don't seem to post there either. I did find this from aguy getting a stereo installed....

Maybe calling around to smaller, local companies would be better. Not sure of the price difference.

that's no joke (re: my3cents). Look at this for example

I went to Starbucks this past week to order one of those fancy frappichinos. I went up and paid for it, but the guys in the back were screwing around instead of making my drink. I waited and waited and about FOUR people received their orders before I did. A guy did ask me what I was waiting for and I told him, but this is no excuse. These guys are neglegent to customers like me. I demand some compensation for my bad experience!

Ummm...oh my god? Maybe his drink needed something that wasn't ready, or the other 4 were all using milk that was already ready or something? Compensation? Are you kidding me??

and that's just one example. but the site is funny at least.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 04:51 PM   #8
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Got mine installed at Circuit City. I guess I could have done it myself, but I think it cost like 40 bucks. My personal preference is the sportster, but maybe it is just because that is what I am used to. Some of the smaller units don't do a very good job of displaying the song information.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 06:23 PM   #9
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I just bought the XACT for 50 bucks, nothing glamourous, but it beats the 3 stations I can actually get out here. I installed it myself quite easily.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 06:30 PM   #10
Galaril
Pro Starter

The xmradio are also a good alternative and the hardware is quite a bit cheaper.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 07:01 PM   #11
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
The xmradio are also a good alternative and the hardware is quite a bit cheaper.

Quote:

Could be a small problem getting Stern on XM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote