Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-13-2003, 07:45 PM   #251
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

Injury Time in Ponte Vedra.. Still 1-1...

PLEASE SOCCER GODS!! ONE TIME!!!
Old 04-13-2003, 07:45 PM   #252
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Ow. We're getting toasted 5-1, including a hat-trick for one of their forward.

Quote:
Originally posted by DataKing
Screamin' could have put themselves ahead in the 74:th minute as Forrest Tobias missed a volley shot on a ball coming in from the right.

ForrestTobiasIV?
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 07:45 PM   #253
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

8 game winning streak. Now i get to play a D4 team in the cup.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 07:45 PM   #254
astralhaze
College Prospect

3-1 win ya'll.
Old 04-13-2003, 07:46 PM   #255
AccardoOutfit29
H.S. Freshman Team

5-0 win. We absolutely dominated.

Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 9901 to McGees Arena. McGees had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Holton - Wood, Dillon, Cordero - Taylor, Amos, Churchill, Millet, Duckworth - Dunbar, Hyun-Suk.

Dillsburg had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. They fielded: Berg - Phuong-Trung, Yom-Tob, Dobson, Iverson - Berry, Duffy, Jolly, Louis - Fair, Andreani.

In a rapid move, Wen Hyun-Suk of McGees lost his man, passed the ball to the unmarked Fred Dunbar who easily hit it home for the 1-0 goal. Tristan Dobson of Dillsburg received a yellow card in the 12th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. In the 14:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Wen Hyun-Suk dashed through, knocking home 2 - 0 for McGees. The referee showed Dillsburgs Chad Louis the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. In the 30:th minute McGees put themselves up 3 - 0. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Wen Hyun-Suk coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. In the 32nd minute McGeess Allan Cordero received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Dillsburg were forced to a substitution as Dario Andreani couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment. In the 41st minute McGees´s Thad Amos tried to nail the coffin shut, but the shot rebounded off the bar to fall behind the net. The teams went for a half-time break at 3 - 0. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by McGees, with an impressive 75 percent possession of the ball.

A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 58 minutes might have resulted in another goal for McGees. However, William Berg made a spectacular save. McGees´s Wen Hyun-Suk had an excellent opportunity in the 69:th minute, shooting on a through ball, but he missed the goal by miles! In the 73rd minute of the game, McGees´s Allan Cordero had to leave the pitch after receiving his second booking. Fred Dunbar increased McGeess lead to 4 - 0 by putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right. The structure of the game started to change as McGees decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Jamie Duckworth was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - Wen Hyun-Suk managed to kick one of them into 5 - 0 in the 79:th minute. At that, Wen Hyun-Suk was noted down for a hat trick. McGees, bringing the final ball possession rate to 90 percent, dominated the battle.

McGees´s best player was Dagoberto Millet. Jed Churchill on the other hand, had a terrible day. Dillsburg´s best player was Geng Phuong-Trung. Chad Louis on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 5 - 0.

My new keeper put up 2 1/2 stars.

Last edited by AccardoOutfit29 : 04-13-2003 at 07:46 PM.
AccardoOutfit29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 07:46 PM   #256
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Final Score 0-0

Quote:
Originally posted by robbgmaier
Could DK really get only 1 point in 2 games? Maybe his head got too large after his U-20 run

That had nothing to do with it. The competition level in my series have improved dramatically since last season (we're rated 5th in all of Division IV).
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 07:46 PM   #257
-Panther
High School Varsity

WOOHOO Tomahawks WIN!!!!! 3-2
Old 04-13-2003, 07:46 PM   #258
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

DK, how in god's name did the Ramblers get pummeled like that by the Soccer Wussies?!?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 07:47 PM   #259
Vince
Pro Starter

Well, crap. I lose 0-3...he put up much better ratings than I expected. At least my backup middies got experience and training

Well screw that. His 17 year old C. Defender pull put up *** in his first ever game. That's retarded.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.

Last edited by Vince : 04-13-2003 at 07:49 PM.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 07:48 PM   #260
-Panther
High School Varsity

Tomahawks
Player rating and Team formation
Midfield: wretched
Right Side Defence: inadequate
Central Defence: passable
Left Side Defence: solid
Right Side Attack: solid
Central Attack: solid
Left Side Attack: passable

dayum
Old 04-13-2003, 07:48 PM   #261
PilotMan
Head Coach

MoKan Bastards held the ball 62% but lost 1-0.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 07:48 PM   #262
Easy Mac

Twinkle Toes - G-Vegas FC_ 1 - 1_

Date:
4/14/2003 at 01:00
MatchID:
Arena:
Twinkle Toes Arena
Crowd:

Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 7540 to Twinkle Toes Arena._People from all of South Carolina had joined up for the derby._Twinkle had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation._Lineup: Adorján - Peterson, Traylor, Wilkins - Serna, Thayer, Roberts, Morales, Wilson - Trotter, Purnell.

G-Vegas tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination._They fielded: Fernández - James, Carrasco, Medina - Bonilla Mangas, Ahlgĺrd, Orfila, Uribe, Reyna - Zavallos, Freijedo.

Andy Medina gave the visitors the lead in the 12th minute with 0 - 1. The goal was scored from the penalty spot after a handball call in the penalty area._Willard Wilkins pulled a real crowd pleaser as he, in the 27:th minute, wove through the guests whole central defense line and put the 1 - 1 equaliser away._After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, G-Vegas´s Ludovico Bonilla Mangas got himself booked._In the 33rd minute an unfortunate play by Jeromos Adorján gave the visitors a chance at the lead, but Randy Reyna, finding himself alone with the keeper, was unable to take advantage of the situation._Many thought Kendrick Purnell ought to have been awarded a penalty shot in the 35:th minute, as he went down trying to circle the visitors keeper Rafael Fernández._Halftime score was 1 - 1._The fortyfive minutes were dominated by G-Vegas, with an impressive 55 percent possession of the ball.

G-Vegas´s Ludovico Bonilla Mangas could have put the guests one up in the 50:th minute, chasing a through ball but Jeromos Adorján was fast as a snake, grabbing the ball from under his nose._The fortyfive minutes were dominated by G-Vegas, with an impressive 69 percent possession of the ball.

Most important Twinkle player was Willard Wilkins._Mitch Thayer on the other hand, had a terrible day._The most dominating G-Vegas player was without a doubt Per Ahlgĺrd._Randy Reyna on the other hand, had a terrible day._The match ends 1 - 1.

Twinkle Toes
Midfield: poor
Right Side Defence: solid
Central Defence: solid
Right Side Attack: weak
Central Attack: solid
Left Side Attack: weak

G-Vegas FC
Midfield: poor
Right Side Defence: solid
Central Defence: solid
Left Side Defence: passable
Right Side Attack: inadequate
Central Attack: inadequate
Left Side Attack: inadequate

I guess we were pretty evenly matched, maybe I can win at home
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 07:48 PM   #263
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by sterlingice
DK, how in god's name did the Ramblers get pummeled like that by the Soccer Wussies?!?

SI

I'm positive now that they MOTSed the match against me last week. And the SoccerWussies aren't really wussies (NSI Rating 66).
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
Old 04-13-2003, 07:48 PM   #264
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

WOW!! I never would've thought going into this Evening's Match that I would end up being disappointed with a Tie.

Your Final from Northeast Florida - FIRST COAST 1, Spartanbergers 1

Last edited by MylesKnight : 04-13-2003 at 07:49 PM.
MylesKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 07:48 PM   #265
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by PilotMan
For some reason they dont show up on your web page although there is an open spot at 7.

I don't know what to say. They show up just fine on my end, in both the webpage and the PDF file...

What browser are you using and what screen resolution? It sure is some small typing, but it should show up just fine...

FrogMan
Old 04-13-2003, 07:49 PM   #266
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

3-0, 95% possession, PIC, and several scrubs is a nice victory. Puts me at 8-0-0 in competitiion games since taking over and I'm almost posative I'll beat my Div IV opponent in my cup match this week. Now if I could just get a huge chunk of change to eliminate my debt I'd be all set.
Nyarlahotep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 07:50 PM   #267
Havok
College Starter

4-1 win.... im happy

and now in first place in my divison!!!

Last edited by Havok : 04-13-2003 at 07:50 PM.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 07:51 PM   #268
Masked
College Starter

The Spike really dominated, but only won 2-0. We just didn't get that many scoring chances. I should get my second forward back from injury this week, hopefully in time for the cup match, which should help.

The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Complex, with an impressive 97 percent possession of the ball.
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 07:52 PM   #269
Easy Mac

Looking around my league, the only 2 teams w/ midfield's higher than wretched in any games this season were in my game today, and I generally got higher than the other teams in my league at other positions... if my midfield holds up I may be able to get a few more wins this year.

edit: 1 other team got poor in a game... I've got 6 wins and 2 ties in the 8 real games I've coached so far, though I'll probably lose the cup, oh well.

Last edited by Easy Mac : 04-13-2003 at 07:56 PM.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 07:55 PM   #270
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

In first place right now, but haven' played the series favorite yet. This should be a very interesting season. Right now my predicted finish is third, but I might be able to pull off an upset and come in second, or first. So many variables. The demoted D4 team is good, and they will probably finish second, and Black Reign is predicted to win it. But I do have the goal advantage 2 games in so I am happy. I just noticed that I only play at home 2 weeks in a row once. Otherwise the other games are really home, away, away, home, away, etc.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 07:55 PM   #271
mckerney
Coordinator

Square Pegs
Right Side Defence: inadequate
Central Defence: excellent
Central Attack: poor
Left Side Attack: poor

Agents
Right Side Defence: weak
Central Defence: passable
Left Side Defence: inadequate
Central Attack: poor
Left Side Attack: weak
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 07:58 PM   #272
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

One of my players got hurt during the game, he is listed as 'bruised but training' and has a red cross with a +1 next to it....Should I hire a doctor or will he heal enough on his own? My next league game should be a cake walk so if he is still injured for it it should be no problem.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 07:59 PM   #273
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug5984
One of my players got hurt during the game, he is listed as 'bruised but training' and has a red cross with a +1 next to it....Should I hire a doctor or will he heal enough on his own? My next league game should be a cake walk so if he is still injured for it it should be no problem.

How old is the player?

If you don't need him for a couple of weeks, then you should be OK, unless he's a geriatric.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 04-13-2003, 08:01 PM   #274
Masked
College Starter

!

Wow a good day so far! Right after the Spikes finished off their 2-0 win, some team in series ii.1 in Chile snags the bait and bids 300K for my top player. I should be able to find another starter, expand my arena and still have some money left over.

Xavier Campagnat 300 000 US$ (The Revolution)
Belongs to: Complex Spikes
Value: 194 000 US$
Deadline: 4/14/2003 at 06:47
Stamina: solid Keeper: wretched
Playmaking: passable Passing: poor
Winger: passable Defending: solid
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: weak

I really need to find someone before my cup match Wednesday. How much should I expect to pay for a solid defender?

I am going to try to find a high passable, but might be tricky on short notice. I got one (mid-high pass) a few weeks ago for 9K, but his form has slipped a bit. I don't think I will ever due two consecutive weeks of stamina training again.

Last edited by Masked : 04-13-2003 at 08:10 PM.
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 08:08 PM   #275
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by DataKing
How old is the player?

If you don't need him for a couple of weeks, then you should be OK, unless he's a geriatric.

He is 22 (I think, maybe 24) he has been a 2* forward....and my backup has also been putting up 2 stars...So I can live without him for a while...

edit: I was way off...he is acctually 20.

Last edited by Doug5984 : 04-13-2003 at 08:12 PM.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 08:46 PM   #276
The_herd
College Starter

Date: 4/14/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 5541644
Arena: 6pack Arena
Crowd: 3791

Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 3791 to 6pack Arena. 6pack tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Labrecque - Cotton, Hansen, Dockery, Wilson - Chee-Len, Wheeler, Pressley, Williams - Barnes, Piper.

Ruskies had chosen a strategic 4-5-1 formation. Lineup: Sanderson - Singh, Sharp, Hirsch, Khaira - Kapur, Hinton, Vogt, Garlick, Payne - Daugherty.

Ruskies took the lead after 7 minutes with 0 - 1. Jim Daugherty placed the ball out of reach for the home sides keeper after a fine move, coming in from the left. Seemingly due to lack of experience, Wally Sharp needlessly tripped an opponent just outside the penalty area, but the free kick that followed didn't succeed. Jim Daugherty could have put his team up another one in the 36:th minute, after a rush down the left, but his closing shot hit the post. Jin Chee-Len of 6pack received a yellow card in the 37:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 1. Ruskies held the ball, with a clear 85 percent possession rate.

Ruskies had, after 52 minutes of the game, worked the left side industriously, creating several opportunities to add to their lead, but somehow didn´t achieve closure. 6pack´s Clyde Dockery left the field after 52 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Ronny Rapp. After the ball got lifted in from the left Aghaghna Kapur was on his own in the home side´s penalty area 68 minutes into the game, and should have scored, but missed, probably due to lack of concentration. Unsportsmanlike behaviour by Jin Chee-Len rendered him his second booking of the match, and 6pack had to finish the game with a reduced squad. Wally Sharp really should have scored when he was chosen by fate to confront a wide open goal after a corner, but he lost his nerve. Lester Vogt came close to extending the visitors lead as he, completely unmarked in front of the goal, lifted a ball over Jean-David Labrecque, hitting the bar. Ruskies, bringing the final ball possession rate to 98 percent, dominated the battle.

6pack´s best player was Jean-David Labrecque. However, Noah Wilson made a disastrous appearance. Most important Ruskies player was Roy Payne. However, Lester Vogt made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 0 - 1.

So much for our offensive 4-5-1, it nets us a whole 1 goal. But we outplayed these guys so bad its really not funny.
Old 04-13-2003, 08:57 PM   #277
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Indy Racing Athletic - Kansas City Wizards 5 - 2

WHA? The Wizards didn't just lose but they lost bad! True Indy MotS'd it, but wow!

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 12:18 AM   #278
Rich1033
High School Varsity

WooHooo! a 5-3 win against one of the better teams in my league. Looking at the stars my players earned it wasnt my best preformance, but I got the job done. Here are my team ratings...

Toledo Drunkards

Midfield: weak
Right Side Defence: formidable
Central Defence: excellent
Left Side Defence: inadequate
Right Side Attack: inadequate
Central Attack: inadequate
Left Side Attack: inadequate

Looks like I won thanks to Wingback Reg Matson who put up his 2nd straight 3* preformance and got me a formidable rating on defense.
Rich1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 01:17 AM   #279
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

The Golden Eagles FC win 3-1. It wasnt pretty but we got the job done.
Old 04-14-2003, 11:19 AM   #280
mckerney
Coordinator

4/14/2003 2 supporters left the club.

NOOOOO!!!!!
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote