Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-15-2005, 10:07 AM   #51
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

The lovable Bucs! This is a fun read. I'll be following!

NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 06:56 AM   #52
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz
The lovable Bucs! This is a fun read. I'll be following!

Thanks. It's been a damn frustrating series of seasons though. One playoff berth so far and it looks like that was a fluke. Not to mention the injury problems we've had this year.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 09:26 AM   #53
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde
By the way, if there's a particular player you guys want me to track, just let me know and I'll post seasonal updates for them

If you will still do this, how about Fran Tarkenton....Probably my favorite player ever. Great read by the way, it brings back some memories seeing some of those names again..
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 02:44 PM   #54
Izulde
Head Coach

Thanks. I'm glad you're enjoying it. If this QB situation doesn't get straightened out or we don't get somebody better by the 1983 draft, I hope we have a really really crappy season in '82.

As for Mr. Tarkenton, his stats in the universe are posted up there... He's lost his starting job this season though to Terry Hanratty, a former Pittsburgh Steeler who never could get past the other Terry, Mr. Bradshaw. No awards for Fran either, outside of being named Player of the Game 23 times.

Old 11-16-2005, 07:46 PM   #55
General Mike
Pro Starter

Good dynasty. I did the same thing with the Panthers. I didn't make the playoffs until 1975. I was doing it more of a full-on empty cupboard style tho.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 01:16 AM   #56
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike
Good dynasty. I did the same thing with the Panthers. I didn't make the playoffs until 1975. I was doing it more of a full-on empty cupboard style tho.

Either way it's really tough to do and you'll beat your head against the wall a lot. Did you have more success after your playoff appearance than I did after mine?

Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

Old 11-20-2005, 01:42 AM   #57
Izulde
Head Coach

We play the 4-0 Dallas Cowboys suprisingly tough, but fall 20-13 in Week 5.

High Points:
Van Pelt with 9 tackles and 8 assists. Seals with 2 sacks.

Low Points:
Welch was our top running back... with 26 yards. Yeah, this is damn ugly.

Bloody fuck, this is absurd! Now Jethro Pugh, our replacement RDT is out and for 11 weeks! I don't care if Rowe is Doubtful, he's starting next week. As for everyone else, they're going in too, no matter how nicked they up are. If they can play, they'll play.

Well, that was nice. We eked out a 23-20 win over the Atlanta Falcons in a huge morale booster that we sorely needed.

High Points:
Arnold Parker 3 for 3 on field goals, 2 for 2 on PAT. Seals with 13 tackles, 1 assist, and 1.5 sacks. Van Pelt with 10 tackles and an assist. Riggins with 94 yards rushing and a TD reception.

Low Points:
None really.

Unfortunately we lose a close one against the Eagles, Philly topping us 24-20.

High Points:
Riggins rushing for 115 yards.

Low Points:
Basically nothing in particular, other than that Otto got stuffed on his Punt Return.

In Week 9, we upset the 11 point favourite New York Giants 27-17. This puts at 3-5 at the halfway mark. One wonders what this team could have done if it weren't for the morass of injuries.

High Points:
Stowe with 5 catches for 130 yards and 2 TDs. Oh and a 48 yard KR average too. Parker 2-2 FG 3-3 PAT, including a booming 48 yarder.

Low Points:
None really.

The division is still anybody's to win or lose. The Falcons are up top again, but they're only 4-4, so we're just a game back. I like our chances if we can avoid the injury bug some more.

FUCK! Jim O'Brian out until 1977. Bill Hayhoe out until 1977. WHY THE FUCK CAN WE NOT KEEP A GOD DAMN MOTHERFUCKING CENTER HEALTHY IN THIS GOD DAMN FUCKING GAME?!

I swear I haven't had a fucking center stay god damn fucking healthy the entire season EVER. Damn it damn it damn it! There go our best two fucking offensive lineman. Fuck!

We welcome back an old friend in Frank Marchliewski. He's ressurected his career and his health and becomes the starting center for us. He rejoined Buffalo, his original team, after we let him go, then split time between Los Angeles and Dallas last season, settling in as the starter for the Cowboys.

Tom Funchess, some random RT who got released by the Chiefs earlier in the year, comes in as backup to Steven Okoniewski, who we're starting at RT because he's the best O-line guy left and because he's bitching about PT.

We get past the Saints 20-17 in Week 10, pulling us to 4-5.

High Points:
Marchliewski played well and called a good game at C.

Low Points:
Riggins getting held to 42 yards rushing.

Ricky Stevenson gets hurt. I am absolutely not surprised. I'm so cutting the Injury shit down to 50 after this season.

In fact, I'm too disgusted to even continue playing right now. I'm going to go start a TCY/FOF dynasty like what BYU 14's got going.