Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-04-2003, 08:17 PM   #1
BigDPW
College Prospect

[Ping] Marc Vaughn

I have noticed some bugs in the MLS leagues in CM and have posted them in the correct forums over at SIgames but I wanted to point them out to you here so you would know of them first hand...

1) When playing as Chicago Fire I attempted to sign some coaches, an assistant, and some scouts but was turned down despite the fact they accepted my offers due to them "counting against my discovery player limit of two" (I had already signed a scout and freddy adu). This is huge for anyone trying to play an MLS game because it seriously limits the effect you have on training and scouting due to being stuck with the original few staff + 2 new guys (if you don't actually sign any new players).

2) I have not gotten to this point in my game yet but I am very concerned about the MLS Draft problem... This is a game breaker (MLS wise) if it does not work properly... I would rather go back to the "euro-rules being applied to MLS" of old CMs than have all of the limits place on the teams (discovery, senior international, etc) with no way to get new players through the draft...

I was just going to go with the status quo after posting over at SI and hope these got fixed but then I saw the updates expected for the next 2 Enhancement Packs. Their is no mention of these two problems in those lists and that is discouraging to me... That is why I wanted to bring it up here so I could here your take on these problems and see what you thought the likelyhood of them being fixed soon would be... I realize that programing the MLS into the game is a real nightmare for you guys and your attempt to do so is very admirable. The game is still very playable with these problems (as long as I go to another country to play) and I am having a blast.

So if you get a chance I would love to hear any clarification on this issue with MLS so I can have a better idea what you guys plans are... Thanks for producing the most addictive and engrossing game of all time for me... You guys deserve a round of applause for the support of this game also...

BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 07:34 AM   #2
Easy Mac

bizump
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 02:59 PM   #3
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

We'll definitely try and rectify any MLS related problems for EP3 which will be out before the end of the month.

The reason that the MLS stuff isn't noted on the site is simply that Phillip who'll be working on that sort of thing (basically because he's a huge MLS fan and much more familliar with the league than I am) is taking a well deserved week off to recover from 'crunch time'.

He's back on monday and will start on polishing the MLS up then.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 07:05 PM   #4
BigDPW
College Prospect

Thanks for the reply...
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote