Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-10-2005, 09:03 AM   #1
kserra
H.S. Freshman Team

Learning to love TCY again...

College football has hit me hard...I need a gaming fix...

With my hatred growing towards XBOX with every "Dirty Disc" message I receive...I find myself looking back towards my old love, TCY...

First...I can't seem to download the newest patch...5.1d...the link is on the main website, but no file seems to be there...please help...

Second...I'm curious how things are going for people still playing the game...what rules have you placed on yourself? Where do you put your Sole 8 league? I've always put it in Texas or California--away from my Big 10 country...

Just killing time till UM-ND at noon...

Kevin

kserra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 09:23 AM   #2
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

5.1 is the lastest FOF patch, not a TCY one. Go here, scroll down, and make sure you download the CD version patch if you have the CD or the e-license one if that's what you've got.

Not sure how many are playing the game currently. Personally, I love the game, but it takes me too damn long to get to know 60+ players and truly enjoy TCY over a short weekend. I'm really waiting for the next Solecismic release*.

*please be tcy2
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 09:40 AM   #3
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
I'm really waiting for the next Solecismic release*.

*please be tcy2

amen to that brother
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 09:52 AM   #4
kserra
H.S. Freshman Team

thanks for the help on the file...my reading skills are in serious question...

I'm going to try to focus on just recruiting...

I never got into the micromanaging of player's time...plus, it always seemed that by bumping up the academics, you'd make a bad program good in a hurry...

Kevin
kserra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 03:00 PM   #5
GoBuckeyes
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
Not sure how many are playing the game currently. Personally, I love the game, but it takes me too damn long to get to know 60+ players and truly enjoy TCY over a short weekend. I'm really waiting for the next Solecismic release*.

*please be tcy2

And if not TCY 2, I hope to at least see a patch with the new conference looks and schedules
GoBuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 04:56 PM   #6
Passacaglia
Coordinator

No, this game needs to be completely updated. I just played a game four about 4 season (before getting fired :P ) and I kept thinking that I wish the game had all these different features that FOF has. Plus, I'm hoping that technology or whatever has improved enough for him to put playcalling in -- I never call my plays in FOF, but it seems like it would really fit in the college game. Also, the ability for teams to change conferences would be nice! But I'm with you, kserra, in needing that college football fix -- at least I was until shortly after 3 pm today!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 05:48 PM   #7
33sherman
Mascot

I really want to start playing TCY, but I'm holding off on starting any long careers on the off chance that TCY2 comes out. I don't have much else to add, but I like keeping TCY2-related threads alive.
33sherman is offline   Reply With Quote