Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-28-2003, 01:48 PM   #1
robbgmaier
College Prospect

Let's gooooooo Goldurnears - Season 19

For anyone paying attention, I'll be filling in season 18 as I get around to it, but I wanted to start season 19 on time, rather than remain weeks behind forever.

Click here for Season 18

Transcript from first meeting between Goldurnears owner Rob “bg” Maier and new coach Neil “daggers” Scott, Friday, March 28, 2003.

INTERNAL USE ONLY

bg – It’s good to finally sit down and meet with you, Neil. It’s been quite hectic around here, so I’m glad we were able to come to terms via teleconference. Congratulations on your first win last night. My wife really enjoys my coming home from a six-nil victory...anyway, a fine start.

daggers – Thanks, Rob. I don’t mean to be impolite, but there isn’t much time for chit-chat, let’s get down to business. What are your goals for the organization this season?

bg – Yes, let’s do that. Obviously, we are looking to repeat as V.230 champions. We’re not currently in a position to speculate on new personel, so I hope what we have will be solid, or at least passable. The season could well hang on our very first match with the Arsenel Gunners, formerly the San Fransisco 69ers, who finished up the season by beating us 5-2, although in a meaningless contest. They have been making some....interesting moves on the transfer wire recently, so they may have bulked up a little. We’ll be at home this time, and there should be some fire in the team’s belly, I need to rely on you to provide that.

daggers – [grunts] That shouldn’t be a problem. I’ve seen a full crop of new young inner midfielders have made their way to morgantown. Is it safe to assume we’ll be training playmaking this season?

bg – Well, my training plans are pretty complicated at the moment. We spent all of last season, the six weeks we existed at least, including last week since we had a qualification game, training our two keepers, trying to get them both up to passable. Our number 1 keeper just went up to passable after this last week. Next week we are working on stamina, even though it is tempting to work on form in preparation for the big game against Arsenel. After that it is going to be week to week, training playmaking whenever I think we can use a full rotation of our new young midfielders, and perhaps training other things when I want to take advantage of our veterans. A lot depends on how our first week of stamina works out. Our new guys are weak in passing as well, so we may weave some of that in. We’d like another week, hopefully not two, two train the other goalkeeper up and sell him, so we don’t spend too much time in debt after the stadium expansion. [sighs] So much to do, we’re really just going to have take it week to week.

daggers – [grunts] Hey, you’re the boss. What do you know about our opponents for our first round cup match?

bg – Frankly, they are a bunch of bums. We’ll play our expected starting eleven against Arsenel for that match, but in a completly vanilla line up. Make sure the guys know they can take it easy a little, for god’s sake let’s not get anyone hurt, we’ve been averaging about 1 guy a week, and it is putting a crimp in things. Bg’s wife doesn’t like it when bg has a crimp in things. We’ll decide on the fine-tuning of the line-up against Arsenel after we get a chance to evaluate the effects of the game and the weeks’ training. Any other questions?

daggers – [grunts] No, I guess I’ll wait till after the cup to tell the men to sharpen their spikes. Say hi to your wife for me

robbgmaier is offline   Reply With Quote