Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-13-2005, 11:46 AM   #1
Adamski47
High School JV

NFL Sunday Ticket (one team packages avail?)

I'm moving from the Detroit area to the NW 'burbs of Chicago and can't imagine missing a Lions game this fall. NFL Sunday Ticket looks great but I do not need every team every week, just Detroit. Are there team-specific packages available for cheaper? I can't see spending $200 just to watch the Lions lol.

Adamski47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 11:50 AM   #2
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamski47
I'm moving from the Detroit area to the NW 'burbs of Chicago and can't imagine missing a Lions game this fall. NFL Sunday Ticket looks great but I do not need every team every week, just Detroit. Are there team-specific packages available for cheaper? I can't see spending $200 just to watch the Lions lol.
It's much cheaper than the cost of a season ticket.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 11:52 AM   #3
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I doubt it. Many people buy the package just to see their home team.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 11:53 AM   #4
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

Nope. It's all or nothing.

I plunked down the $200 for the Lions. But living in Chicago you shouldn't have too much trouble. You will get 4 games without the Sunday Ticket: Both Bears games, the Thanksgiving Day game, and the Sunday night ESPN game. You should also get the home opener against Green Bay, as I think that is the NFC "national" game at that the 4:00 pm time slot. If the Lions do well (not likely), you should also be able to catch them on regional coverage (assuming the Bears aren't playing at that time). If all else fails, there are a ton of sports bars in Chicago and likely a few designated "Lions" bars. You have options, my friend. Plenty of options.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 12:38 PM   #5
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I've often thought what would be really nice would be a "Home Team Sports Package." For example, you pay X amount of dollars for the "Detroit Package" which gives you all Tiger, Red Wings, Pistons, and Lions games.

It would be interesting to see how popular it would be, but I highly doubt the various leagues would have any interest in sharing the revenues. Especially the NFL.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 01:02 PM   #6
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I would definitely pay for a 1 or 2 team option if it were a lot cheaper. Ultimately I just couldn't keep justifying the cost of the Ticket though, I had it for two years but once I started calculating how many weekends I was out of town, at work, there were no good games on, etc, the costs started seeming too high, so I cancelled.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 12:20 AM   #7
Adamski47
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
Nope. It's all or nothing.

I plunked down the $200 for the Lions. But living in Chicago you shouldn't have too much trouble. You will get 4 games without the Sunday Ticket: Both Bears games, the Thanksgiving Day game, and the Sunday night ESPN game. You should also get the home opener against Green Bay, as I think that is the NFC "national" game at that the 4:00 pm time slot. If the Lions do well (not likely), you should also be able to catch them on regional coverage (assuming the Bears aren't playing at that time). If all else fails, there are a ton of sports bars in Chicago and likely a few designated "Lions" bars. You have options, my friend. Plenty of options.

This sounds dead-on. I think you are right. Plus being on the NW side I'm sure I'll get the local Packer games somehow so there is one (or two) more Lions game with the game in Lambeau.

Thanks!
Adamski47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 12:46 AM   #8
WrongWay
Banned

Just an FYI...You can buy a 1 week package.

During the season just go to the channel your game is playing on and you can order all the games that week with your remote. It is basically the same as ordering a movie.

I did that twice last year. I forget what the cost was, but it was over $25.

Last edited by WrongWay : 07-14-2005 at 12:48 AM.
WrongWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 01:21 AM   #9
ShaqFu
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongWay
Just an FYI...You can buy a 1 week package.

During the season just go to the channel your game is playing on and you can order all the games that week with your remote. It is basically the same as ordering a movie.

I did that twice last year. I forget what the cost was, but it was over $25.

I always forget about that. There are times when there is a compelling game on that doesn't get shown locally.
ShaqFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 01:28 AM   #10
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqFu
I always forget about that. There are times when there is a compelling game on that doesn't get shown locally.

you must not be a Lions fan
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 03:41 AM   #11
ShaqFu
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deattribution
you must not be a Lions fan

I'm from Miami, so what team do you think I like? Also, I grew up closer to Tampa, so the Bucs are cool in my book too. Jags are too new for me. Sometimes I don't want to just watch a Fins game though.
ShaqFu is offline   Reply With Quote