Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-13-2005, 05:27 PM   #1
MikeVic
Head Coach

Question Possible Reasons for Internet Disconnects?

Here's the problem that's bugging the hell out of me:

My cable modem internet connection cuts out for a couple of seconds AT LEAST once a day. This is very frustrating when I'm playing Counterstrike or World of Warcraft, as it kicks me out of the game. MSN also logs out...

I get a popup by my clock saying that a network cable has been unplugged...

I've called my ISP, but they aren't much help... they said I'm getting a strong connection on their end, and so it must be me. They've suggested that maybe my DHCP Release is too short, but it's set to 2 weeks... so that can't be why I get disconnected at least once a day.

Anyone have any ideas?

MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 05:52 PM   #2
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

wow, i get disonnected at least once per hour, consider yourself lucky
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 09:13 PM   #3
Riggins44
High School JV

Wow, I have a similar problem. I was having the cable and data light turn off while I was browsing the internet. I called my cable provider and they said the signal was good. So they suggested unhooking my wireless router...sure enough it works fine. Have no idea how the wireless router could interrupt cable internet service to the modem...since the cable goes directly into the modem first.

Still puzzled...but now I've gotta figure out how to get my wireless router working. If I can't crap and browse the internet, I'm not living.
Riggins44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 09:21 PM   #4
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

hey check it out, this was happening to me all the time, the cable and data light going out like at least once a day for a while, so i replaced the stupid ethernet cord given to me by the cable guy, with one of mine, and the problem is gone completely, it has been working straight for about 2 weeks now...
Old 07-13-2005, 09:26 PM   #5
timmynausea
College Starter

I have eliminated the "network cable unplugged" error popping up problem by replacing an ethernet cable as well. It kept getting worse and worse, until I finally considered replacing one of the cables. It has been perfect since then.

Last edited by timmynausea : 07-13-2005 at 09:27 PM.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 09:30 PM   #6
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggins44
Wow, I have a similar problem. I was having the cable and data light turn off while I was browsing the internet. I called my cable provider and they said the signal was good. So they suggested unhooking my wireless router...sure enough it works fine. Have no idea how the wireless router could interrupt cable internet service to the modem...since the cable goes directly into the modem first.

Still puzzled...but now I've gotta figure out how to get my wireless router working. If I can't crap and browse the internet, I'm not living.

i never realized how vital crapping and browsing the internet actually is. or browsing the internet while sitting out on the back deck, so you can be technically "outside" but still online. It's amazing.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 09:32 PM   #7
MikeVic
Head Coach

Ok, thanks guys. I'll replace the cable going from the router to my computer and see if it helps...
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote