Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-12-2005, 06:16 PM   #1
vtbub
College Starter

Collinsworth to NBC

USA Today is reporting this evening that Chris Collinsworth has signed with NBC for a role on most likely the pre game show.

Fox will not use Collinsworth this year, going with a two man booth of Joe Buck and Troy Aikman.

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 06:17 PM   #2
Raiders Army
Coordinator

My wife thought he was a kicker in the NFL.

Seriously, this guy sucks. He sucked in the Fox studio, and he sucked calling games. That being said, he is better than some of them out there.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 06:19 PM   #3
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Yeah he sucks! Give me Phil Simms any day!

Actually, I don't mind Chris. I think maybe his velvety voice reminds me of football.

Last edited by mrsimperless : 07-12-2005 at 06:20 PM.
mrsimperless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 06:37 PM   #4
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Whew... this makes Fox's #1 booth that much better.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:41 PM   #5
Philliesfan980
Banned

Speaking as an Eagles fan (we normally get the #1 broadcast team) this is great! Now if they can just get rid of the other two guys and have a complete silent broadcast!
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:19 PM   #6
timmynausea
College Starter

I like Collinsworth better than Aikman.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:32 PM   #7
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980
Speaking as an Eagles fan (we normally get the #1 broadcast team) this is great! Now if they can just get rid of the other two guys and have a complete silent broadcast!

you know that button called "mute"? It will make the broadcast completely silent.

Originally Posted by mijb#19
Switzerland is independant and will try to do so until the apacolypse is upon us.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:53 PM   #8
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

anything is better than the ESPN broadcasters
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:56 PM   #9
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finkenst
you know that button called "mute"? It will make the broadcast completely silent.

Interesting concept......
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 09:19 PM   #10
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Collinsworth is shitsplatty.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 09:20 PM   #11
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

[Darth Vader[/] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! [/Darth]
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 09:48 PM   #12
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Bring back Dennis Miller!
Old 07-13-2005, 08:19 AM   #13
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Collinsworth & Aikman together is a disaster. However, both of them separate are OK. The problem is that Collinsworth blabs a lot, but usually has something decent to say, as long as you add a little bit of "he's pro-receiver" salt to his words. Aikman (who I think is doing a good job learning the job) remains too quiet when Collinsworth is around and gets blasted out.

Having said that, I have a real problem with Joe Buck. He's all over the place. One moment he's doing A+ play-by-play work, the next moment he's not even mentioning that it's 3rd down. I've also caught Buck too often getting players' names & positions wrong which is, I think, inexcusable for anyone in the booth.
flere-imsaho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 08:45 AM   #14
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho
Having said that, I have a real problem with Joe Buck. He's all over the place. One moment he's doing A+ play-by-play work, the next moment he's not even mentioning that it's 3rd down. I've also caught Buck too often getting players' names & positions wrong which is, I think, inexcusable for anyone in the booth.

I agree entirely. Buck could be great if he focused on doing his job.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 11:55 AM   #15
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Collinsworth & Aikman together is a disaster. However, both of them separate are OK. The problem is that Collinsworth blabs a lot, but usually has something decent to say, as long as you add a little bit of "he's pro-receiver" salt to his words. Aikman (who I think is doing a good job learning the job) remains too quiet when Collinsworth is around and gets blasted out.

Nice. I also feel very strongly about the last part as well. I don't like the Phil Simms or Randy Cross out there who doesn't know the players either. To me, that's even more inexcusable, since these guys were:

a. Former Players
b. Only commentate on one sport

At least Buck does Baseball as well.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 12:06 PM   #16
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:

I agree with this entire post. Aikman is going to get better without Collinsworth, although I'd rather CC be in the booth than the studio.

and yeah, Buck is frustrating. He could be excellent, but he doesn't seem to be focused enough to get there
Old 07-13-2005, 12:07 PM   #17
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

I know this isn't football related, but in introducing the lineups last night Joe Buck said Carlos Lee was batting cleanup while a picture of Derek Lee was on the screen. Oops!
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote