Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-10-2005, 04:59 PM   #1
Cuckoo
College Starter

Ping VPI97 - Unlicensing Stuff

Okay, like a good little boy I use the search function and find my issue. So I bump the thread, and sure enough it's in the archive where nobody looks.

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/foru...ad.php?t=27363

Quoted from me in that post:

"Bumping this as I'm going to be reinstalling later this week when I get things hooked up. I remember this being an issue so I checked my e-license control, and the same thing that Flasch mentions is the case for me.

My question: Should I wait until I'm actually reinstalling before filling out the support form on elicense or can I do this in advance of the problem? I guess what I'm asking is what exactly does elicense do when you fill out the support form. Will they reset my license? I don't really want them to do that until the end of the week.

Just trying to think ahead."

Any advice from VPI or anyone else who has gone through this is appreciated.

Last edited by Cuckoo : 07-11-2005 at 11:02 AM.
Cuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 05:20 PM   #2
jbmagic
Pro Starter

just be sure to goto control panel and goto elicense control.

be sure to unlicense before you do a clean install.

and be sure to write down your license #. so you can license them again when you reinstall.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 05:24 PM   #3
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
just be sure to goto control panel and goto elicense control.

be sure to unlicense before you do a clean install.

and be sure to write down your license #. so you can license them again when you reinstall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo
Bumping this as I'm going to be reinstalling later this week when I get things hooked up. I remember this being an issue so I checked my e-license control, and the same thing that Flasch mentions is the case for me.

sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 05:37 PM   #4
Cuckoo
College Starter

Yeah, sov's right. I have all my license information, but the control panel won't let me unlicense. VPI says in that thread that it's an issue with patching after licensing and that e-license will take care of it if I fill out the support form. I'm just wondering exactly what they do to take care of it.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:43 PM   #5
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

"Patching after licensing" doesn't seem quite right, unless I'm misunderstanding something. We all "patch" after licensing.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:48 PM   #6
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
"Patching after licensing" doesn't seem quite right, unless I'm misunderstanding something. We all "patch" after licensing.

correct.

very odd what cuckoo and flasch is seeing.

i have patch after and i can unlicense if i want.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 06:12 PM   #7
Cuckoo
College Starter

I agree with both of you guys, but from searching it looks like we weren't the only ones seeing it. Several people mentioned the same thing. Here's the quote from VPI in that thread, and he seems to know what he's talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97
It's because you patched after licensing....same thing happened to me. Go to elicense and fill out their support form...if it's during business hours they'll get in done in 5-10 minutes (I'm not exaggerating)
Old 07-10-2005, 06:31 PM   #8
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Well then VPI will have to elaborate some more.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:03 AM   #9
Cuckoo
College Starter

Bump and a title change to Ping the VPI man.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:14 PM   #10
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

All I remember is that I was cleaning out a PC in order to donate it to my daughter's school and the option to unlicense wasn't available. I can't tell you where the explanation of "patching process screwed with the install" came from, but it had to be somewhat plausible because that's what I included in my email to elicense and they took care of it for me.

As for your question of what elicense does when they get the request...for me, they opened up that license for me to reuse immediately upon receiving my email. Whether or not the "problem license" would have worked again, I don't know. Once the game worked on my new machine, I uninstalled from the old one without giving it a try.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 02:22 PM   #11
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97
All I remember is that I was cleaning out a PC in order to donate it to my daughter's school and the option to unlicense wasn't available. I can't tell you where the explanation of "patching process screwed with the install" came from, but it had to be somewhat plausible because that's what I included in my email to elicense and they took care of it for me.

As for your question of what elicense does when they get the request...for me, they opened up that license for me to reuse immediately upon receiving my email. Whether or not the "problem license" would have worked again, I don't know. Once the game worked on my new machine, I uninstalled from the old one without giving it a try.

Okay, thanks for the reply. I think I'll wait until I reinstall to send the support form and use my laptop if necessary for league stuff.