Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-09-2005, 10:35 PM   #1
Flasch186
Coordinator

Boomtown

So We amke reservations for 7 at a place called Boomtown which is this ecclectic dinner theatre type restaurant in a rundown section of Downtown JKacksonville. When we get there we get seated and notice that 1. the place is empty and 2. it is freakin 90 degrees. SO of course after some joshing I ask the waiter what is going on and the hmmm and haw about the A/C being worked on right then and it should kick on any minute. Of course 30 minutes goes by and now 3r and her mom are sweating, and BF is sweating and JfA and his new GF Kim are bitchin'. I get up and go to the manager and say, "Look, I know that this place has great food, but were really uncomfortable and the new table that just got sat are starting to gripe to eachother and its a shame cuz all theyre going to remember about tonight is the crappy A/C and not the food and entertainment (a piano player was supposed to start). So Im just passing a suggestion, perhaps you can use it tomorrow night if the A/C is still down, butI think it might be a good idea to make the best of it, move some tables on the sidewalk, move the piano outside and juts kind of make fun of it outside (where it's only 82 instead of the 90 inside)" He says, "You think so?" and I replied, "Hey man whatever its your joint." So about 5 minutes after I sit down I see the waiters starting to drag the piano outside and tables and taking me up on my suggestion and next thing you know were outside and 4 other tables had joined us and the piano girl was making fun of it in that if a firetruck rattled by sirens blazing she'd play a little darth vader theme music. Anyways, it was pretty cool and I want to reccomend the place if any of you come to Jville, for the food, maybe the entertainment although we havnt caught much of that but the food is outstanding.

http://www.boomtowntheatre.com/boomtown/index.php

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 10:37 PM   #2
korme
Go Reds

JfA? New character?
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 10:38 PM   #3
Flasch186
Coordinator

nah, he's old...the girl's new, he moved down to BR for a job transfer and met a nice Jewish goyl.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 10:39 PM   #4
korme
Go Reds

Cool. BTW, "Jkacksonville" might be the most unexpected misspelling of Jacksonville of all-time! LOL.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote