Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-03-2005, 11:23 PM   #51
Izulde
Head Coach

It was an awesome fireworks display. I met Dreams's dad and the crew her family was hosting in their little section (Her mom's my boss so I already know her )

When my cell rang, I felt my heart jackhammering in my chest and my palms started to sweat. I'm not much of a phone person to begin with and this was definitely not a normal situation for me. I answered and it turned out to be Dreams.

Me: Hello?
Dreams: Tim?
Me: Yep it's me.
Dreams: Hey there!
Me: Heya.
Dreams: So, Tricia invited you to the fireworks, right?
Me: Yeah, while I was at work.
Dreams: So, do you want to go with?
Me: Um, yeah, sure. I'll uh go, that's cool.

The address situation got sorted out and I went outside to wait for them to drive up to spare any awkward in-house moments.

They picked me up at my house in Dreams's car, a giant old boat of a vehicle. There was this super awesome song playing on the radio when I got in, but I can't remember the lyrics and I didn't catch the name of it.

I was quiet for the ride to Dreams's house, an opulent suburban affair where she lives with her parents. We switched over to Tricia's car (smaller, more modern, and white) and drove to the park where the festival was held.

Midway through that trip, Dreams called one of her guy friends (not sure if he was boyfriend or just a guy friend) and asked where he was at the park, blah blah and then she said, "Well, I'm gonna be hanging out with my family for the fireworks display"

Tricia piped in, "Yay, we're her family!"

Along the way most of the conversation centred on their social network which I found amusing. It was even more entertaining later when, in the park, two girls they were hoping to avoid ran up to them and started talking to them. Fortunately, I was there to put out my best negative vibes, so they left fairly quickly, much to Dreams's relief.

During the fireworks, I was on Dreams's left side and Tricia was on her right side. Most of the conversation was between them, though occasionally Dreams or I would say something to each other. Tricia I couldn't hear at all so I didn't talk to her much at all.

The most interesting question Dreams asked me was, "What would you have done tonight if you weren't here?" I was tempted to answer that it didn't matter because right there was where I wanted to be, but I thought that would be coming on too strong, so I just said, "I'm not sure really. I'm not one to plan my nights too often.. I just wait to see what comes along and do things spontaneously."

Then we three walked back to Tricia's car, did the long waiting to navigate through traffic thing, and they drove me home to drop me off before going off to hang out by themselves for a while. After that, Dreams was headed home and Tricia was going over to her boyfriend's house.

Tricia did remark shortly before we got back to my house, "We think you're really cool."

So, I'm not sure if Dreams has a boyfriend herself or not, and I'm not entirely sure as to how the evening went in terms of advancement and what not. I want to say that it was just a casual night of hanging out that didn't necessarily mean anything special per se, but I don't know.

I was nervous as hell for most of the evening and while more talkative as it wore on, I still wasn't entirely smooth with my conversation and what not.

So, I'm not sure where I go from here. I just know I had one of the best evenings I've had in a long time, regardless of what happens from here on out

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 12:53 AM   #52
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Wow, and I thought I was unsmooth and somewhat shy with the ladies. I think you beat me on both accounts....

Just ask the chick if she is seeing someone. There are ways to do that without blurting it out man. Or ask the other chick for some info on her.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:31 AM   #53
Airhog
Captain Obvious

I think that tricia chick has the hots for ya too, why else would she have given you both of their numbers?

You should like do both of them or something

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 01:36 AM   #54
Franklinnoble
Banned

You are neither cocky nor funny.

You lose.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 02:30 AM   #55
Izulde
Head Coach

Unsmooth? In practice yeah, though I have the theory down. *shrugs* Probably because of the shyness in social situations... Now if it's a presentation type of thing, then I'm down with it and have no nervousness at all.

Doing both of them *would* be interesting, but a) they're best friends and b) I just don't fuck with other dudes's chicks. That shit isn't cool, man. I know I wouldn't want that shit happening to me so I don't do it to other guys. It's a respect thing.

Hmmm, cocky I'm not, I'll agree. Arrogant, yes though.

Funny is all relative and dependant upon one's sense of humour.

Old 07-04-2005, 02:54 AM   #56
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde
There was this super awesome song playing on the radio when I got in, but I can't remember the lyrics and I didn't catch the name of it.

Was it Paula Cole's "I Don't Want to Wait"?

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 02:57 AM   #57
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderingHERD
Was it Paula Cole's "I Don't Want to Wait"?

Nope, though the lyrics page I just checked on to see if I could be it had an ad for our Semi-Annual Sale at the top.

Needless to say, I was intensely amused.