Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-21-2005, 02:25 PM   #51
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
If you are just subconsciously putting together bits of information that lead to seemingly reasonable outcomes, and then noticing the ones that come true and not the rest...

Ding-ding-ding!

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 02:29 PM   #52
QuikSand
lolzcat

Oh, I didn't mean to reveal the teachers' edition quite so easily. Dang.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 02:48 PM   #53
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I remember all my correct predictions all the time. They're easier to remember than the ones that don't happen.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 02:49 PM   #54
CraigSca
Pro Starter

dola

What kind of time period does John Travolta have to die within for this to be a premonition? I mean...you have 100's of witnesses just by posting on this board. Follow it up with another humdinger and you might be cashing a $1 million check.
how do you know?

Old 06-21-2005, 03:00 PM   #55
maximus
Banned

Quote:
I'm sure they'd be fairly happy to let you document your series of premonitions over a reasonable period of time, and assess their veracity in some controlled way. If you really are predicting the future, I suspect you'd win the prize. If you are just subconsciously putting together bits of information that lead to seemingly reasonable outcomes, and then noticing the ones that come true and not the rest... then I suspect you won't win the prize.

A million dollars sounds like it would be worth pursuing. But that's just me.

While the money sounds interesting I would actually like to try out some sort of tests just to see what would happen and what I am experiencing. Believe me, at times I cant tell if I am "trying" to se what will happen or if what I am feeling are the silent voices. (Again, I came up with the word "silent voices" because that is the only way I can expalin what I feel. I understand "feel" and "voices" do not go together but I can not explain it any better than that. Silent voices *to me* are a completely confindent feeling in knowing what will happen).

Going back to my mothers death. I remember most about that day when I was sitting in my bedroom. I had no idea how she would die but I knew in confidence that she would at 48. One year later she died of a brain aneurysm.

There are some other things that I would like to share but they are strange to say the least. In fact, so strange most will not believe me. However I will give a few examples of what has happend to me.

As I sit here (as God is my witness) I am tingeling. This is because of what happend to me as a child. I had 4 very strange things happen to me (not including any of the "silent voices" I get)

When I was 4 years old I was involved in a car accident. My dad was driving and I was in the front seat (unbuckled-DAD! )..anyways, my dad and another car hit head-to-head. My head went through the front windshield. The only thing I remember was looking over, while on the stretcher, and seeing two very young girls - they were twins and identical to the tee. They both had long straight as can be blond hair. Both were the same height and both were just standing there smiling at me as if everything was going to be OK. Now of course I didn't think anything of it but a year or so later went by. My dad was putting in soil for his garden. I remember standing there watching the dump truck dump the soil/dirt. After the dump truck left I looked over our neighbors fence and there were those two same twin girls I saw from the accident. For the life of me I cannot remember if I had talked to them but they were both smiling at me (a peacful smile) and then...gone. They were gone just like that. That was the last I had ever seen them. But I rememebr their faces as they were burned into my mind. My wife says that maybe they were visions of my daughters that I have yet to have. I say they were angles of God.

Another thing I had happen to me when I was a kid (I was about 7 or 8 at this time) was me seeing myself in the full walking right next to me but on ther other side of the fence (our fence at the time was one of those cyclone fences). I loked at him and he looked back. We both walked the duration of the year and then he (or me) disappeared. That has never happend to me since.

I had two other very strange things happen to me as well.

One night me and a few friends were throwing rocks at cars passing by. (Yeah, I know I was a bad kid). Anyways, it was dark and there was a wooded area about 200 feet to the left of me and all of my other friends were either in front of me or to the right. I remember kneeling down to hide form the passing cars. Then I heard in a heavy load whisper "Milt come here...come here Milt!". This repeated about 3 or 4 times in a very quick manner. I looked over to a friend of mine that was about 10 feet away and said or asked him "what do you want". He said I didnt say anything. I thne looked over to the wooded area where I knew no one was there and felt an urge to leave. So I ran...ran...and continued running all the way home. I am not sure if the whisper was "evil" or what but although I was scared (only because of the voice and no one else heard it but me) I also felt safe. Now, my family wasn't "religous" at all and I mean not at all. I had barely been to a church. But for me, I knew it was something big in my life as if God was speaking to me. After that I wanted to become an evangelist (which is a whole other story in itself). I can only explain that voice as a loud, heavy and deep whisper that only I could hear. The other 5 friends of mine could not hear it. But I knew I did. It wasn't a metter of me just thinking. It was a matter of knowing.

The last thing that happend to me as a child was me seeing an "angel of death" of the grim reaper. Now this happend about 2 or 3 years after I heard that whisper from the wooded area. I was laying in my bed one night and my mom was at work at the time. My big brother was at home with me. Anyways, I was laying in my bed and I rolled over on my back and I looked in the door way and there was a figure standing in the door way in a "monk style" stance with arms folded (or in eacj others sleeve). His head was bowed. I quickly turined over and beganing "rocking (turninf side to side)" my self to sleep. I was doing this because I was scared. The last thing I remember was waking up because I felt as if I was being lifted from the bed. As soon as I awoke, I feel back onto the bed.

Now, I understand that this all seems very silly and strange but this is the truth. These things were not the figment of my imagination. These things happend and while these things do not occur today I still have that "slint voince" feeling as it is the only thing that remains from my childhood from these events.

OK, you can all make fun of me know.

Last edited by maximus : 06-21-2005 at 03:04 PM.
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:37 PM   #56
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Cool - everytime you get one of these sensations, re-open this thread and we'll see if they come true or not.

You didn't recently see the Sixth Sense, did you?
how do you know?

Old 06-21-2005, 03:39 PM   #57
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus
The only thing I remember was looking over, while on the stretcher, and seeing two very young girls - they were twins and identical to the tee.

REDRUM
Old 06-21-2005, 03:51 PM   #58
maximus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
You didn't recently see the Sixth Sense, did you?

LOL, no.

I dont think the Sixth Sense was out in 1978-1987.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:53 PM   #59
maximus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
REDRUM

Not all twins are identical. Their two identical twins. I think they call siblings who are born together twins (even if they do not look alike), dont they?

Last edited by maximus : 06-21-2005 at 04:26 PM.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:35 PM   #60
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Go win your million dollars, and stop wasting time fiddling around in this thread.

JREF Million Dollar Challenge

excerpt:

Thanks for this link, btw. Their log of applicants is fantastic.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 08:25 PM   #61
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I had a premonition this morning. I woke up around 7:00, and jumped into the shower. I finished, got out, and began toweling off. Then, it hit me: Lil Bow Wow is going to die in a rototilling mishap.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:29 PM   #62
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFriendlyUnitShifter
Lil Bow Wow is going to die in a rototilling mishap.

I don't know who "Lil Bow Wow is", but I would blame this on a glaring lack of rototilling safety PSA's. Sure, we all know not to jump into woodchippers (despite the attraction) but rototillers receive practically no attention!
Old 06-21-2005, 09:01 PM   #63
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I looked in the door way and there was a figure standing in the door way in a "monk style" stance with arms folded (or in eacj others sleeve). His head was bowed.

Dude, that was Def Leppard that visited you...

Gunter Glieben Glauten Globen

You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 01:34 AM   #64
21C
College Prospect

Spider senses tingling.

21C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 07:37 AM   #65
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

I had a feeling that Joan Collins and John Forsythe were going to be involved in a boating accident, but I didn't know whether to post it in this thread or the dynatsy forum.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 07:43 AM   #66
KWhit
Coordinator

I predict that maximus will make a grammatically-challenged post in the near future.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:10 AM   #67
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
Man, I'm tellin' you, I got a bad feeling about this drop.
Man, you always say that. You always say "I got a bad feeling about this drop."
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 06-22-2005 at 08:10 AM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 08:11 AM   #68
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

He's clearly a witch...

BURN HIM!!!!!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 08:34 AM   #69
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
I predict that maximus will make a grammatically-challenged post in the near future.

Uncanny!
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 01:42 PM   #70
Kodos
Resident Alien

NEWSFLASH!

JOHN TRAVOLTA IS STILL ALIVE AND HIS PLANE IS STILL UNCRASHED.

MORE UPDATES AS NON-EVENTS WARRANT.

Last edited by Kodos : 06-24-2005 at 01:42 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 01:46 PM   #71
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Hey Don't knock Maximus....You wouldn't like him when he gets angry.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 01:49 PM   #72
Kodos
Resident Alien

Just having a little fun. No harm intended.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 01:54 PM   #73
maximus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne
Hey Don't knock Maximus....You wouldn't like him when he gets angry.

ROARRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2005, 10:30 PM   #74
mrsimperless
College Prospect

WOW.

You were DAMN close on this one. Just a little off on the last name.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8381553/

I'll remember not to piss you off in the future so that you do not direct your odd form of voodoo in my direction. (Or at someone with the same first name as me for the love!)

Last edited by mrsimperless : 06-27-2005 at 10:31 PM.
mrsimperless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 10:43 PM   #75
Airhog
Captain Obvious

I think this disqualifies Maximus from the werewolf game

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 10:54 PM   #76
kcchief19
Pro Starter

The only example of clairvoyance I have every witnessed was when a group of friends of mine decided to go to the "psychic fair" for laughs and my friend Bill kept walking up to people with his eyes closed while rubbing his temples saying, "I see you wasting your money in the future."
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:14 PM   #77
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Go win your million dollars, and stop wasting time fiddling around in this thread.

JREF Million Dollar Challenge

excerpt:

James Randi is my hero - I show videos of his work in my Research Methods classes, and the students always get a kick out of him. The way he humiliated Uri Gellar on The Tonight Show is one of my all-time favorites.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 07:05 AM   #78
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Replace "maximus" with "John Edwards," and a half-million people would be convinced he had a real premonition.

Still, if it's true they come in 3's (right DD? ), then Travolta better not try his hand at ultralights. Two rich white guys named John dead (Denver, Walton), one to go.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 06-28-2005 at 07:05 AM.
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 08:45 AM   #79
Lorena
Unregistered

Maybe you got your Johns mixed up:
-------------------------------------------------------------

Wal-Mart Heir John Walton Dies in Crash

By MELISSA NELSON, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 22 minutes ago

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - Wal-Mart heir John T. Walton, who threw his considerable financial support behind efforts to educate low-income children, has died in the crash of a homemade, experimental aircraft.

Walton, of Jackson, Wyo., crashed shortly after takeoff Monday from Jackson Hole Airport in Grand Teton National Park, the company said. The cause of the crash was not known and will be investigated, officials said. Walton was 58.

"I think all you can say is he was just a good man and today, you grieve," Jay Allen, Wal-Mart senior vice president of corporate affairs, told The Morning News of Springdale.

Walton, one of three sons of Wal-Mart founder Sam Walton and a member of the company's board, was a major advocate of school vouchers, supporting efforts to create taxpayer-funded ways for students to attend private schools.

Walton founded the Children's Scholarship Fund in 1998 to provide low-income families with money to send their children to private schools. The foundation started with $67 million from the Walton Family Foundation and benefited more than 67,000 children.

In March, Forbes magazine listed John Walton as No. 11 on its list of the world's richest people with a net worth of $18.2 billion. He was tied with his brother Jim, one spot behind his brother Rob, and just ahead of his sister, Alice, and his mother, Helen.

"I certainly have nothing negative to say about the man at all. He was a prince," said Walton's former wife, Washington County Circuit Judge Mary Ann Gunn. "He loved to build things. He loved motorcycles. He built his own motorcycle."

The plane he died flying was an experimental ultralight aircraft with a small, gasoline-powered engine and wings wrapped in fabric similar to heavy-duty sail cloth, officials said.

Joan Anzelmo, a spokeswoman for Grand Teton National Park, said rangers will investigate the crash, as is done with any major accident in the park. She said officials also notified the
Federal Aviation Administration and
National Transportation Safety Board.

"Because this is a homemade, non-registered, experimental aircraft, at least today they told us there was not going to an investigation," she said.

She said Walton, "well-known and much-loved in this valley, died doing something that he loved to do."

Jim Courtovich, who spent two years getting the Children's Scholarship Fund off the ground, said Walton was a devoted sponsor who "didn't just donate money, he donated time and energy." Walton would clear days at a time from his schedule to focus on the project, he said.

Courtovich also said that Walton was down to earth and, like his father, not above doing chores himself. One time, skiing in Jackson Hole, he said Walton "had to leave early because he had to caulk his chimney."

John Walton was a major stakeholder in Wal-Mart, with about 12 million shares of the company's stock. He also shared ownership of about 1.7 billion shares with his family in a joint partnership called Walton Enterprises LLC. Walton joined the board of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in 1992.

John Walton was an Army veteran who served with the Green Berets as a medic during the Vietnam War. He was awarded the Silver Star for saving the lives of several members of his unit while under enemy fire, according to the company.

He attended the College of Wooster in Wooster, Ohio, and served as a board member of the Walton Family Foundation, which played a key role in fundraising in the University of Arkansas' recent Campaign for the 21st Century. The Walton family made a $300 million gift to the campaign in 2002.

Besides his mother and siblings, Walton is survived by his wife, Christy, and son, Luke.

Last edited by Lorena : 06-28-2005 at 08:46 AM.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 08:45 AM   #80
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Man...first a premonition, now deja vu! I don't know if I'm coming or going...
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 06-28-2005 at 08:46 AM.
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 09:13 AM   #81
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Yeah, its amazing isn't it. My plant shut down last year. I went to work one day and had a feeling (more like a silent voice to me) that our plant was going to close. I had no prior knowledge that is was going to occur nor was there any evidence that it might prior to that day.

I had the same thing happen to me but in a dream. I dreamt I was gonna get fired and the following day, we had a company meeting and sure enough, they announced the company was going down. Not exactly getting fired, but pretty close.

Out of curiousity, have you been logging these premonitions Maximus?
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 09:36 AM   #82
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
Dude, that was Def Leppard that visited you...

Gunter Glieben Glauten Globen

Didn't want this bit o' gold to pass by without a tip of the cap...
Old 06-28-2005, 10:23 AM   #83
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Oh my god Mr. Kotter, it's like so weird...I thought I was like gonna DIE or somethin'.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 05:23 PM   #84
maximus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick
I had the same thing happen to me but in a dream. I dreamt I was gonna get fired and the following day, we had a company meeting and sure enough, they announced the company was going down. Not exactly getting fired, but pretty close.

Out of curiousity, have you been logging these premonitions Maximus?

I used too. However, I used to get frustrated when things wouldn't happen and then I stopped. My wife says I should log them. I got frustrated because I would get confused as to why I would get these feelings and then not come true.

As for getting the "Johns" mixed up (although I know you are j/k ), the feeling I had was John Travolta and it was very clear. However, I could have been wrong as this has happend to me before. For example, I had a dream that my wife was going to see a person from high school she hasn't seen in about 6 yrs. Well, a week later it came true but the only difference was that his name was "Don" and in my dream is was "Tom".

Last edited by maximus : 06-28-2005 at 05:24 PM.