Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-30-2003, 10:16 AM   #1
RendeR
Coordinator

FOFCRacing Winston Cup Division

Hey folks, the first three races are in in Winston Cup and the write ups are available here:

http://www.mindprism.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi

Please do register and enjoy that board as well. I will be posting further race results and writeups for the Cup Division on both boards for the sake of having my own board as an archive of each season.

The next race is Portland Road Course and will be run as soon as I can turn my computer at home on again, its doing its usual "I don't WANT to boot up" shit again.

More to come!

Ren

RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 08:49 AM   #2
RendeR
Coordinator

Just to let everyone know, my computer is down yet again, this time it is looking terminal, the Hard drives are ok, so there is no loss of data, just the loss of ability6 to access it at this point. I am looking into several solutions and will do my best to get things back on track asap.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:54 AM   #3
RendeR
Coordinator

Just a quick update for all our players, My machine has died an ugly burned out motherboard death. We've ordered a new Dell system which will arrive sometime after the 13th. Once I get the machine here and install my extra hard drives and video card we will be able to get back to racing!! and posting the results =)

I appreciate the patience you've all shown with me during this!

Ren
Old 02-13-2003, 07:36 PM   #4
RendeR
Coordinator

Alrighty now folks, DELL amazingly enough has come through like a dream. My machine arrived 3 days after ordering it and was a breeze to install and upgrade with my own equipment. Beyond not shipping my flightmaster joystick with it (something I still have to contact them about) I have no complaints. In fact I am very very happy thus far.

Now down to the real good news, this weekend I will endeavor to catch up on everything that's been run thus far.

If at all possible I will run the next race in Cup while I'm at it =)

Thank you all for being so very patient with the unbelievably continuous computer problems I've had, we can hope that now they are behind us, and if this DELL fails me, we can all blame it on Hornsmaniac and stone him in the streets.

GENTLEMAN...START your ENGINES!!!!!!!!

Ren
Old 02-14-2003, 12:06 PM   #5
Craptacular
College Starter

Sweet! Glad to hear you're back in the swing of things.

No X-Com and no FOFC Racing make Crappy something something.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 09:51 PM   #6
RendeR
Coordinator

Atlanta Motor Speedway

Week two of the Cup series landed in northern Georgia today. The early segments went off without much excitement, a few one and two car incidents marring a generally peaceful Sunday afternoon. Kodos N Kang and Chad Lemke took turns looking strong at the front until Lemke lost his clutch, ending his afternoon. Kang continued to look stout and managed to hold on for a top ten finish. The story of the event though was eventual race winner Wayne Wayne junior who took over mid race and simply left everyong behind. Leading nearly 200 laps Wayne made the rest of the field look like Late model Sportsman drivers on a bad saturday night.

Chris Snow, Dave yellope, Morris Day, and Joe hamilton rounded out the "also ran" top 5.
Old 02-14-2003, 10:00 PM   #7
RendeR
Coordinator

Bristol Motor Cashway

9 Drivers shared the lead at some point during this demolition derby, brad Lemke and his Miller Lite Mondeo dominated at different times during the event, leading almost 200 of the 500 laps. Mike Tokunaga ended up as the last car on the lead lap, which also landed him in third place. The carnage was hot and heavy right from the get go. 21 cars failed to finish this event and another 18 were at least 2 laps behind the leaders. Wayne Wayne Junior grabbed his second win in a row and two of three this season by deftly avoiding the mess and finding holes in the wreckage where not even mice should have fit.

There was another major item of interest as the #16 Georgia Tech team failed to qualify under rather suspicious conditions. During the first practice they blew not one, but two engines. During qualifying they lost their primary car as hamilton lost control in turn 3 and took the turn 4 wall head on. While Hamilton was checked out the crew pulled out the backup car, which hamilton got back into and was ready to start the event from shotgun on the field, hoever in a freakish twist of fait the transmission locked up as he entered the backstretch spinning him out and destroying the backup car. Since Joe never took a green flag he was not credited with having run in this race, garnering no points this weekend.

On to Portland!
Old 02-14-2003, 10:04 PM   #8
RendeR
Coordinator

Portland Road course, a new event in season 4 is our fourth stop in season 5. Chris Snow looked powerful as he held the fastest times in practice and warmups,and rolling through to take the Pole as well. The road course here is a tight cornered affair with very limited passing opportunities. This held true all day as the passing was non-existant. Kodos n Kang took the lead from Snow on a pit stop set and thanks to lap traffic holding the Western Auto car at bay ran off to an easy Victory. Kang's Second of his career.

The Points chase tightens up a bit now as It's Craptacular leads Chris and Telle Snow by less than 50 points. Kid Quick and morris day round out the top 5 points leaders after week 4.
Old 02-18-2003, 02:10 PM   #9
RendeR
Coordinator

Mayhem at the High Banks
Coca-Cola Super Speedway was touted as the crowning glory of race tracks, 3 full miles in length, with straightaways longer than Talledega and Daytona combined. The 36 degree banks and removal of the power sucking restrictor plates makes this track both the most exciting, and the most dangerous.

The race ran smoothly with no incidents until lap 58, then, the hurricane struck. The #50 Miller Lite Ford tapped the #11 Buffalo bills Dodge sliding both into the Steelers BMW. Jim bender showed what a pro he was by holding his car on the track and escaping the accident. The other two however, started a devastating domino effect of wrecked cars. no less than 18 cars were eliminated from competition immediately, another half dozen fell out a lap later after failing to make repairs to satisfy the NASCAR officials. The worst scenario by far was the savage flying rolls taken by the #52 Hoyle Chevy. Wayne Wayne Jr was on the outside trying to slow his car down from 230+ MPH, his car wouldn't woe down fast enough and he slammed heavily into the car ahead, sending his machine careening over 60 feet in the air, rolling multiple times. So many times when accidents like this occur we see the driver crawl from the debris, wave to the crowd, and walk away. This time wasn't one of those times. Wayne Jr was cut from the car and taken to a nearby Hospital with multiple bone fractures and a severe head injury. no further word has been sent from the NASCAR officials at the hospital. All we know right now is that his injuries are severe butapparentlyy not life threatening.

Second year driver Ray Zerback took the checkered flag in his Arkansas Razorbacks Pontiac. Only 23 cars completed the event, and of those 23 only 8 were on the lead lap.
Old 02-18-2003, 02:11 PM   #10
RendeR
Coordinator

The lady in black is back
Darlington Raceway, the track Too Tough to Tame, a favorite of few and the bane of many. Telle Snow looked like a lock today by virtue of being the only car on the lead lap for the majority of the race. The first round of green flag pit stops was almost complete when two cars got together bring out the yellow. Snow had not yet pitted and that allowed her to be alone at the head of the pack. Her lead lasted for 170 laps until the same scenario placed her in second a lap down to new race leader Dave Yellope in the Patriots Dodge. Try as she might she just couldn't get around yellope to get her lap back and challenge for the lead. The points standings got shaken up a bit as Chris Snow used 5 straight top 10 finishes to take over the top spot in the standings. After 3 years of starting slowly and taking the lead late in the season it appears that Snow and his new sponsorship packages have decided to try getting to the top faster this year. Who can catch him? who will challenge? The top 5 in points looks like this: Chris Snow, It's Craptacular, Telle Snow, Ray Zerback, and Angel Reaper.
Old 02-18-2003, 02:19 PM   #11
RendeR
Coordinator

Cup division Website updated with races and points. individual Driver pages are being designed and examples will be available soon.

Kevin: If you've sent anything beyond what is on the site, please send it again, I thought I had more stuff for Busch in my email files but if I did it got lost in the transfer to the new machine. Sorry for the difficulties. Send whatever you have done and I'll get them up asap.

Thanks guys! its fun to be running races again. Also i've updated a few of the old paint jobs and will be posting new glamour shots of them soon. #51 mello yello, #58 harley Davidson, #27 Nike, and #11 buffalo bills all have updated paint jobs currently.

More to come!

Ren
Old 02-18-2003, 02:24 PM   #12
Travis
Pro Rookie

Damn, when I finish races I'm doing well (9th and 11th), but damn, only able to complete 2 out of the first 6 races. That just isn't good.
Old 02-18-2003, 03:20 PM   #13
bertogarce
Mascot

The #70 Crown Royal Racing team needs to make some serious improvements. We are having a horrendous season, making last year's top 10 points finish seem like a fluke.

RendeR, glad you got the computer problems fixed and the season is back on track. Thanks for all your work!
bertogarce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 12:17 PM   #14
RendeR
Coordinator

Its feeling really good to have a decent machine to use now, I don't have to turn anything off during the races so it looks almost real.

I will be trying to get some screen shots to post along the way, but usually I'm doing 5 other things at the same time and miss the good stuff =)

Ren
Old 02-19-2003, 07:04 PM   #15
RendeR
Coordinator

New Drivers pages

I need some feedback on how the drivers pages look. Currently there is only 1 complete and thats Shorty's.

please take a moment to check the drivers listing on the website and click on shorty's link and let me know here how it looks to you. right now its a slow process to put each one together so don't expect them to suddenly be all done =)

once my friend finishes the database things will go faster as I won't have to reconstruct everyone's record, I'll be able to pull that from the DB.

So let me know what you think!

Ren
Old 02-19-2003, 07:10 PM   #16
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Wow. Those are nice looking, Ren. The only thing I'm not sure about is the "FOFC Racing"- red and white doesn't seem to work and the font looks a little, I dunno, bubbly. Overall, looks really amazing, tho.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 09:58 PM   #17
Buzzbee
College Starter

Re: New Drivers pages

Quote:
Originally posted by RendeR
I need some feedback on how the drivers pages look. Currently there is only 1 complete and thats Shorty's.

please take a moment to check the drivers listing on the website and click on shorty's link and let me know here how it looks to you. right now its a slow process to put each one together so don't expect them to suddenly be all done =)

once my friend finishes the database things will go faster as I won't have to reconstruct everyone's record, I'll be able to pull that from the DB.

Ren

One thing I'd like to see would be totals at the bottom of the table.
Old 02-21-2003, 12:28 AM   #18
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Portland Road course, a new event in season 4 is our fourth stop in season 5. Chris Snow looked powerful as he held the fastest times in practice and warmups,and rolling through to take the Pole as well. The road course here is a tight cornered affair with very limited passing opportunities. This held true all day as the passing was non-existant. Kodos n Kang took the lead from Snow on a pit stop set and thanks to lap traffic holding the Western Auto car at bay ran off to an easy Victory. Kang's Second of his career.

The Points chase tightens up a bit now as It's Craptacular leads Chris and Telle Snow by less than 50 points. Kid Quick and morris day round out the top 5 points leaders after week 4.

Sweet victory for Kodos! YESSSSSS!!!!
Old 02-21-2003, 12:30 AM   #19
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally posted by Craptacular
Sweet! Glad to hear you're back in the swing of things.

No X-Com and no FOFC Racing make Crappy something something.

Go crazy?
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 09:10 AM   #20
RendeR
Coordinator

Heh, Crappy ought to be feeling good right now, he's running better than he's ever run in the cup series, keep up the skills Crappy!
Old 02-21-2003, 09:49 AM   #21
RendeR
Coordinator

Re: New Drivers pages

Quote:

Ren

I wasn't thrilled with the logo either, and I have an updated page up there now, what I am thinking of doing is using smaller versions of the car number images and have them in the border on either side of the page, so you can simply click to another driver without going back to the main drivers page.

Having totals at the bottom will happen when the database project kicks in. Right now I'd have to go through and total up every one of them. I don't want you to think I don't want to do the work, but thats a ton of drivers and a ton of stats to even do basic math on. I'd rather leave it, and the mistakes I would inevitably make, to the computer brain of the database =)

A third item that I will slowly be adding are driver photos. I will be adding my own photo to my page at some point, if any of you want your photo included in the driver page please email me with the image attached, or send me a link to where I can grab it. If you don't want one thats fine also as I will only be putting them in on the people who specifically ask me to.

On a fun note, I had a blast creating the driver page, I had never bothered much with style sheets and took the time to read up and see just what I can do with them. The positioning abilities are awesome. The layering ability made it turn out much better than I thought it would, no need to cut the images special ways to make things fit, no misalignment problems, just set the class and tell it where you want it to be.

anyway, enough wasting company time today

Ren
Old 02-22-2003, 01:14 PM   #22
RendeR
Coordinator

The Monster Mile

Dover Delaware is a regular stop on the FOFC Racing schedule. Todays race held the same excitement as our 42 high speed heroes took to the high banks of Dover to try and capture the coveted Checkered Flag.

The pole winner Morris Day led everyone to the green flag and led 27 laps throughout the afternoon. An early accident came to blows on pit road as the #1 Pittsburgh Steelers team and the #11 Buffalo Bills crew duked it out following a fourth incident on track between the two this season. NASCAR Officials called both team owners and drivers into the Big Red Truck for what was reported as a vicious tongue lashing. Also taken out in this early wreck were Kid Quick, Wade Moore, IB Long, and Milton Waddams.

After the green flew again Chris Snow put his Western Auto Chevy out front for the first time during the day, he would lose and retake the lead numerous times on the way to leading nearly 3/4 of the total laps.

A caution 20 laps later dropped another 4 cars off the track, including points contenders Shane Kormelink and Telle Snow.

The tempo settled down for a good long run after that until a final major incident took out another dozen machines. Chris Snow held off Ray Zerback in a tight battle near the end of teh event to capture his first victory of Season 5.

Next Week, The Brickyard 400
Old 02-22-2003, 01:36 PM   #23
RendeR
Coordinator

Indianapolis Motor Speedway

The Brickyard 400, second highest paying event in the NASCAR Circuit. Chris Snow built on his win at Dover last week with a completely Dominating performance here at the legendary race course. Snow held the fastest laps in practice, Won the Bud Pole Award, was fastest in Happy hour, then showing no respect what so ever for his competition, went out and let every single lap of the event.

Don't let this make you believe the race was boring, oh no, 11 caution flags slowed the race for over a quarter of its length (44 laps)

The most interesting came only 12 laps in as yet again, the #11 and #1 cars tangoed their way to the garage. Fortunately for them it wasn't due to their personal differences this time. The Miller Lite Ford Mondeo piloted by Chad Lemke made a dive to teh inside of turn 1 before the Steelers BMW was clear behind him, they both slid through the grass a bit before climbing back up the track and collecting the #11 Bills machine. NASCAR did not levy fines or suspensions to either driver for this incident. Although both Stan and Bender are still on Probation until the end of the season.

On a good note, injured Driver Wayne Wayne Wayne Jr again started the race, but instead of having a replacement driver finish up for him this week, he stayed in the car and dealt with the searing pain of his broken bones to finsh the race a respectable 13th.

Snow has gained the points lead with a 97 pt lead over Ray Zerback. it's craptacular, Rewbie Newsday and Telle Snow round out the top 5.

More to come!
Old 02-22-2003, 10:34 PM   #24
revrew
Team Chaplain

Holy bucket-seats, Batman! Rewbie Newsday is fourth in the standings? And Kang sits at 6th?

The bottom half of Team Big Ten is kickin it up a notch! Kormelink! Ertmann! Where are you, guys?
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 10:42 PM   #25
RendeR
Coordinator

Website update

I've put up the driver pages, the bare basics, for cars 1 through 10. I'm open to ideas for information that coule be included here, Teams can be listed, if you want personal info for your drivers, like wifes name, kids names, hometowns that sort of thing.

To all Drivers: Please email/PM/post here a biography. Length matters not, make it as long or short as you wish, cover your drivers beginnings and really just about anything you want to see on that page.

More drivers pages will be added as I have time. Once I get all the Cup guys done I'll get the Busch division pages together.

Have a good week guys!

Ren
Old 02-24-2003, 01:19 AM   #26
cmp
Pro Rookie

22nd in points, not exactly where I want to be right now. The #42 car will be moving up quickly though.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 11:11 AM   #27
RendeR
Coordinator

You keep running well, but either get caught in someone else's wreck or just kinda fade toward the end. I know I've followed you quite a bit so far this year.

Ren
Old 02-24-2003, 11:37 AM   #28
cmp
Pro Rookie

In the TCS Series, my car is 31st in points after 4 races. The car runs with the leaders almost all day until the end when something always seems to happen that sends me back.
Old 02-24-2003, 06:22 PM   #29
Kodos
Resident Alien

Hey! I don't suck this season? Something must be wrong!
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 10:48 PM   #30
korme
Go Reds

Render, the driver pages look freaking awesome dude. Keep up the great work!
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 06:26 PM   #31
RendeR
Coordinator

Thanks for the kudos Shorty! I'll have more of tehm up there soon. I know alot of people are waiting to see their cars and their redesigned cars too. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to put another 10 or 20 in place.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:56 PM   #32
RendeR
Coordinator

Lowe's Motor Speedway

Charlotte, heart and soul of NASCAR racing. Queen City of the south. Home to the longest event in the FOFC Schedule at the Lowe's 600.

Points leader and defending series Champion Chris Snow coming off two wins and a totally dominant day at Indianapolis looked very strong during practice and qualified well, but the gods decided his time in the spotlight was over as he managed to finish as the last car on the lead lap.

This race was a true test of endurance, and especially of pit crews. little or no caution time made for green flag racing all night long. Kyle Kappe and the Jelly belly corvette dominated the night leading over 200 laps, taking home the 10 bonus points along the way. Vince Cressio, Telle Snow, nick Phillips, and Sonny Daze rounded out the top 5.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:43 PM   #33
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

YEs, kudos on the driver pages. I'm still thinking about what I want to do for bio.

AS for me this year, i suck.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 08:51 PM   #34
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Points leader and defending series Champion Chris Snow coming off two wins and a totally dominant day at Indianapolis looked very strong during practice and qualified well, but the gods decided his time in the spotlight was over as he managed to finish as the last car on the lead lap.

Sterling Silvers has released a terse press release after the most recent AP press report: "We feel that the Chris Snow biased media has taken over. There are more drivers than just the bastard in the #17 car"

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 02-27-2003 at 08:51 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 10:02 AM   #35
RendeR
Coordinator

ESPN Racing News:

Snow Motorsports Inc released a statement today from Owner and driver Chris Snow:

"I honestly agree with Sterling on what he said. The press hounds me around the track. I get tired of the shit. I honestly think they should be all over a number of other drivers, Rewbie Newsday, It's Craptacular, and a number of other very talented and extremely successful people this year. I've been here people, I have the titles, I've done the interviews. I am beginning to understand why people like Bobby Allison and Darrell Waltrip always had very biting remarks for the Press corps. The Press Corps is stupid. THey don't understand that the people out there running with me every day are the ones they need to be interviewing, talking to and writing stories about. THOS drives are what make this league run. If it were just me out there, hell I'd be bored as shit...."

Snow went on to state his respect and admiration for many drivers, even as far as showing concern for the rough seasons of his rivals Vance and Kaholic. ..." I really miss banging fenders with those two, I hope they get things turned around over there..."

As an aside to this I would LOVE to have everyone submit new bytes, or even full interviews on here. The more intereaction we see the better. if you aren't sure what or how to write things up PM me with a bullet list of things you want the driver to say/discuss/rant about and I'll whip up a news story to fit it.

I know I tend to focus on myself sometimes, it comes with the job of watching the races and always wondering how I'm doing =)

Something I may try doing is a random driver focus. For a race coming up I'll try something new, I'll pick a random car and write up the race review from their point of view. How does that sound to everyone?

Ren
Old 03-02-2003, 10:03 PM   #36
korme
Go Reds

Sounds good!
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 01:26 PM   #37
cmp
Pro Rookie

I'll try to get some interviews up after the next few races.
Old 03-05-2003, 02:12 PM   #38
revrew
Team Chaplain

RendeR,
You might want to take a look at my Des Moines Dragons dynasty. After the initial 5 posts or so to set it up, it became totally media-based, with regular player profiles, etc. You might get a few ideas.

I'll try to submit some stuff on Rewbie Newsday for you shortly.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 09:45 PM   #39
Buzzbee
College Starter

Bumpity bump bump. Got tired of having to go to page three to see if there had been any updates.
Old 03-24-2003, 11:31 AM   #40
RendeR
Coordinator

Sorry Buzz, life is keeping me busy. I haven't even been able to run races recently. The pages are coming together and updates are going to happen...sometime =)

Sorry for the dead time. The world at large is kinda wacked right now.