Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-27-2003, 10:18 PM   #1
samifan24
Pro Starter

OT: Ron Artest

Ron's Latest Antics

So Ron Artest is at it again. He was featured in last month's ESPN the Magazine and it was a very interesting article, IMHO. I had hoped that because he sat down for that interview that maybe he'd begun to rethink his attitude and try to take some steps towards adjustment but apparently that isn't the case. What do you think about Artest? Just another kid with too much money and too much to lose? He's obviously a good player, but you can't go it on talent alone.

Last edited by samifan24 : 01-27-2003 at 10:19 PM.
samifan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 10:23 PM   #2
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

As a diehard Bulls fan I got to watch Ron Ron here for 2 1/2 years. He's one of the top 5 on the ball defenders I've ever seen, and he's working on his offensive game to where it's almost above average, but quite frankly, the guy scares me. As lopsided as it may seem, I'd do the Jalen-ARtest/Miller swap again in a heartbeat.

The guy has such a temper where, you feel afraid for those on the court with him. Right now he's being loved and heralded in Indiana but eventually the act will grow thin as he gets worse and worse. Now he seems like a guy obsessed with winning, but I just find it disturbing that when he'd come home after a loss, his own girlfriend would be afraid for her life to even come near him.

Neuqua
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:55 PM   #3
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua
The guy has such a temper where, you feel afraid for those on the court with him.
Yep.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 09:15 PM   #4
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

go figure
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 09:18 PM   #5
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua
The guy has such a temper where, you feel afraid for those on the court with him in the stands.

Fixed.

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 09:42 AM   #6
hoosierdude
High School Varsity

I would say that if the Pacers get a offer for Artest in the offseason, they are going to take it. They are spouting the company line right now, but I believe Ron has worn out his welcome in Indy, and will be moved one way or another.

From the guys that I know that cover the team, unofficially they are tired of his immaturity and will take the best offer they get. Officially they are still supporting him, but I would be surprised if he finishes the season next year as a Pacer.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud - Sophocles"
hoosierdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 09:47 AM   #7
weinstein7
High School JV

It's too bad HA is in the box, I'm sure he'd have something to contribute here.
weinstein7 is offline   Reply With Quote