Old 05-19-2005, 07:33 AM   #202
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Final 2

Tana or Kendra...

should be a good one tonight.

Should be a sleeper tonight ... but, alas I'll be watching.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 01:38 AM   #203
jbmagic
Pro Starter

it sure was a sleeper final.

they cut the final to one hour and it felt very rush on tv. and seem like they edit out a lot of things for the tv viewer. i bet watching it live in the audience they saw more.

the final last year was 2 hour and way better.

The Winner was Kendra. she will be doing real estate in south florida for one of trump project there.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 05:40 AM   #204
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Tana was freaking annoying last night. Who cares if she came up with the idea of the shape for Pontiac? Lots of people have ideas. What Trump wanted was a leader. Tana acted like she won the lottery or something when Kendra said that she had the idea. What a dumbass bitch.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 06:52 AM   #205
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Tana was freaking annoying last night. Who cares if she came up with the idea of the shape for Pontiac? Lots of people have ideas. What Trump wanted was a leader. Tana acted like she won the lottery or something when Kendra said that she had the idea. What a dumbass bitch.
agreed, when she started pumping her fist and yelling, me and the wife said one thing, at the very same time: "SHUT UP!"

The show last night was very disappointing. 18 minutes of recap of the season, then 3-4 minutes of talking, 2 minutes commercial, 3-4 minutes, 2 minutes commercial, rince, lather, repeat until 8:57, Trump says "Kendra, you're hired, a Pontiac Solstice is waiting for you downstairs, now go pick up your car" and that was it...

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 05-20-2005 at 06:53 AM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 07:15 AM   #206
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
agreed, when she started pumping her fist and yelling, me and the wife said one thing, at the very same time: "SHUT UP!"

The show last night was very disappointing. 18 minutes of recap of the season, then 3-4 minutes of talking, 2 minutes commercial, 3-4 minutes, 2 minutes commercial, rince, lather, repeat until 8:57, Trump says "Kendra, you're hired, a Pontiac Solstice is waiting for you downstairs, now go pick up your car" and that was it...

FM

I had been rooting for Tana early during this season. I felt she deserved it then. However, as Trump referred to it, when crunch time came, she crumbled. The things she did and said during that last project were just totally unacceptable. She must have thought that NBC wouldn't dare show things like that on the show.

Kendra impressed me with the Pontiac project, regardless of who came up with the shape. She continued to impress me after that. I'm very happy she won it.

One last thing. I bet Craig is hating life now.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:49 AM   #207
Blackadar
Retired

Whoopie ding-dong.

I'd like to see a TV reality show where Trump tries to get a job.

"Donald Trump, you're NOT hired."

Shit, we could follow that up with a Maury Povich show...

"Donald Trump, you ARE the father."
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 08:05 AM   #208
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Agreed. Now we see why the boardroom sessions are so edited. Trump is just abysmal live.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 09:01 AM   #209
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan

FM

Oh, the joys of Tivo. My wife and I got through the whole show in about 20 minutes.

And I totally agree about Tana whooping it up. She needs a first class ticket on the clue train.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 09:06 AM   #210
JeeberD
General Manager

"DON'T GET ME STARTED!!!"

Quiet, you annoying bitch...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 09:24 AM   #211
Thomkal
Head Coach

That was a very disappointing finale. Trump thought the 2 hour finale from the past wasn't well received, so cut it down to an hour. I would have been okay with that if the show wasn't actually a half hour long after the 20 minute recap and all the commercials. We didn't even get to see, let alone hear from most of the other contestants (though of course we had to show Omarosa in the audience). Part of the fun of these shows is hearing how they feel now that it's all over and people get their final say on things. It should go back to 2 hours and have a professional host. And they never showed what happened when the two final teams went back into the boardroom to tell Trump what they thought of working with Tana and Kendra.

I think the right person won the job last night. Tana turned into a monster practically overnight in the last two tasks. As Trump said, she had been a star until that point. She hated her team and did her best not to work with them. That lead to disasters like the program having to be stopped handed out. She is a very creative enthusiastic person, but she also is almost the female equivalent of Chris, especially with how she acted last night.

Kendra got very lucky in some cases. I think her task was the much easier of the two, and didn't require as much help with her assistants. That whole downstairs room with the Playstation could have been a disaster leaving Michael there to do it by himself without checking up on him. And not telling Danny what to do with the sponsors until she could get there was also huge. But unlike Tana she took control and handled the executives professionally. And treated her team as people instead of stooges. She might have been in the shadows most of the game, but when she emerged from them, she mostly did a great job. She didn't get a lot of credit for the ideas she did have thanks to Craig, and never lost as a Project Manager. I think she's still too immature for the Trump organization, but she's got the perfect job set up for her given her background and knowledge of the area.

I think this was the worse group overall by far in terms of who I thought could work in the Trump organization. I can't imagine the talent pool is going to be any better for version 4. Oh but I'll be watching.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 09:33 AM   #212
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal

I think this was the worse group overall by far in terms of who I thought could work in the Trump organization. I can't imagine the talent pool is going to be any better for version 4. Oh but I'll be watching.

I think I'm done with this show. If they had a cast like the first season I'd watch again as I still like the format, but this year's was just painful to watch IMO.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:38 AM   #213
jbmagic
Pro Starter

now there going to be two Apprentice shows next season.

Donald Trump and Martha Stewart.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:54 AM   #214
JeeberD
General Manager

Nope, jb. Trump is done. Martha is taking over...

Old 05-20-2005, 10:57 AM   #215
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Nope, jb. Trump is done. Martha is taking over...

Trump is sign for a few more years.. he is not going anywhere.

there adding a second apprentice.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:59 AM   #216
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Jeebs, I think it's the way jb said it. Somebody reported that Trump is signed for Apprentice 4 and 5 and in the Fall, they start another series, don't know if it will be called Aprentice though, with Martha Stewart as the boss...

FM
Old 05-20-2005, 11:03 AM   #217
Hammer755
High School Varsity

And Trump said something about The Apprentice: The Musical going to Broadway. Talk about milking a franchise into the ground. The only thing left is for the two parties most guilty of this trend merging - CSI: The Apprentice.

Last edited by Hammer755 : 05-20-2005 at 11:04 AM.
Hammer755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 11:05 AM   #218
moriarty
College Starter

I'm probably done with the Apprentice - Trump version.

No way I'm watching the Martha version.

And there's no way in hell you could get me to see Trump the musical - I almost fell out of my chair when I heard that last night. Of course you also couldn't get me to drink Trump Ice for that matter.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:07 AM   #219
jbmagic
Pro Starter

They even made a TV Movie on Trump. i wonder what he thinks about it.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:10 AM   #220
TLK
Pro Starter

Tana played a great heel last night, with the crowd booing her at one point. She had me laughing, but I could see where it would of been annoying. I lost all respect for her earlier this season during the celebrity auction, where she was attempting to use the lingo of the rappers. It was plain painful to watch....
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 11:14 AM   #221
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
They even made a TV Movie on Trump. i wonder what he thinks about it.

ABC is doing that, nothing to do with Trump. Just another "ratings getter" like the ABC's attack on American Idol.

As for Trump and this show, I didn't watch the last few eposides. The constents are horrible, the tasks are boring and too much commericalization, and I just think Trump is a terrible businessmen. How much of the US will we allow him to own?
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 11:25 AM   #222
moriarty
College Starter

It get's worse...

Just saw this ..

"For those who can't get enough of the Donald, the fourth season of The Apprentice is set to begin airing on NBC in the fall, along with its spinoff: The Apprentice: Martha Stewart. Meanwhile, Legacy Interactive announced this week that an Apprentice videogame will hit the shelves just in time for the new season. And for the die-hards, Trump announced Thursday that an Apprentice musical would be hitting Broadway in spring 2006."

Last edited by moriarty : 05-20-2005 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:31 AM   #223
Galaxy
Coordinator

A videogame? How will that work? lol
Old 05-20-2005, 12:28 PM   #224
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think I'm done with this show, too.

The last three weeks shows could have been presented in a single one-hour show. Last night's finale had more commercials than an American Idol selection show.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 02:39 PM   #225
Galaxy
Coordinator

What were the ratings of the last few eposides?
Old 05-20-2005, 03:09 PM   #226
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Last week it was tied with CSI NY for 17th
17 APPRENTICE 3 NBC Thu 9:00 PM 9.7/15.0 10,647,000 14,800,000

Last edited by stkelly52 : 05-20-2005 at 03:11 PM.
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 04:13 PM   #227
Swaggs
Coordinator

Yet everytime Trump talks about it, it is the "number one show on television!"
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 05:02 PM   #228
JeeberD
General Manager

My apologies, jb. I thought Trump was done with the on-camera part of the show...

Old 05-22-2005, 09:16 AM   #229
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
I had been rooting for Tana early during this season. I felt she deserved it then. However, as Trump referred to it, when crunch time came, she crumbled. The things she did and said during that last project were just totally unacceptable. She must have thought that NBC wouldn't dare show things like that on the show.

Just got around to watching the finale now and boy was I glad that it was on TIVO. Got through the whole thing in a half hour and it was STILL boring.

Anyhow I think Tana said the things that she said during the last task because she thought it WOULD be on TV. She grew awfully full of herself, or started to let an already existing arrogance show more and more, as the show went on. The finale was only the capstone to that.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 01:58 PM   #230
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Just got around to watching the finale now and boy was I glad that it was on TIVO. Got through the whole thing in a half hour and it was STILL boring.

Anyhow I think Tana said the things that she said during the last task because she thought it WOULD be on TV. She grew awfully full of herself, or started to let an already existing arrogance show more and more, as the show went on. The finale was only the capstone to that.
I agree with that. Always make me smile when you hear these contestants describe themselves, like when she was talking about how she built her negotiations and all that. The whooping when they gave her credit in that last episode was the capstone of the capstone, I'd say

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 05-22-2005 at 01:59 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 03:00 PM   #231
Galaxy
Coordinator

Anyone watch Tana on Conan O'Brien? I felt sorry for Conan.
Old 05-22-2005, 03:21 PM   #232
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy
Anyone watch Tana on Conan O'Brien? I felt sorry for Conan.

Aw, no, I missed it. Was it bad?
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 03:31 PM   #233
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49

I find that funny that these are the qualities that Trump shows every freakin day. He likes to degrade people when it looks good for the camera and he loves to talk about himself whenever the camera is pointed towards him. What Tana did on that last show didn't bother me all that much and I find it funny that people jumped on the side of Kendra when she had that attitude for quite some time. That girl did not change overnight.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 09:56 PM   #234
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson
Aw, no, I missed it. Was it bad?

She was just annoying, self-promoting herself in everything, and complaining. The crowd even booed her.