Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-19-2003, 06:18 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

Winning Eleven 6

Has anybody gotten this? It is getting rave reviews over at the IGN boards, even from people who don't like soccer. I don't like soccer, but am considering it based on the popularity of it. Anybody here tried it?

Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 06:48 PM   #2
Blackadar
Retired

Waiting on CM.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 07:02 PM   #3
SaintAnselm
n00b

I have the Japanese version of the game, which I bought and the had a copy made, and it is a great game. As far as I know, the American version is simply a port. I would definitely reccomend it to any soccer fan but I am more cautious reccomending it to someone who is not a fan. Like you've probably read in the reviews, the controls are excellent, but hard to learn...Goals, at the higher levels, are hard to score. I think this leads to a much more rewarding experience as when you go score it honestly feels so good. I've never been more into a game.
The American version does not have real team names or players but if you wanted, the are easily fixed by editing the player names.
As far as I am concerned, the version I have is the greatest sports sim/game ever made. I honestly don't believe that can be argued with. Winning Eleven captures soccer like no other game has captured any other sport. Every goal you score is different, every tackle looks different and every game something will amaze you.
SaintAnselm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 07:06 PM   #4
rexalllsc
Banned

I have it...the player names are all real, the club names are not.

It's good for those who hate the arcade-ish natuyre of FIFA, and enjoy seeing goals off of set pieces and crosses...thru-balls, etc.

Last edited by rexalllsc : 03-19-2003 at 07:06 PM.
rexalllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 12:44 PM   #5
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Highly recommended.

I bought this game a couple days ago and it's the most fun I've had playing a sports game since NCAA Football 2003. The only issues I have with it are that there aren't very many club teams but they do have most of the countries and so you can basically set up your own little "World Cup" action.

It will take some getting used to though, especially on the higher levels. However, there's a huge adrenaline rush when you finally pull through and score.

Neuqua
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 02:27 PM   #6
atatange1
High School JV

I have it and love it. The Master League is a great feature. You should get it just for that.
atatange1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 03:08 PM   #7
Katon
College Benchwarmer

I've got Pro Evolution 2 (the European version) and love it. It's definitely the best soccer game out there by a distance. As an aside, would there be any interest in an interactive dynasty for the game? The player creation feature looks like an opportunity waiting to happen.
Katon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 11:33 AM   #8
Kodos
Resident Alien

Well, I picked this up last night. It seems pretty fun, although it is apparent I am bad at all forms of "football." In 4 or 5 games on 2 stars, I was held scoreless, so I dropped it down to 1 star, and scored 3 goals in the first half. It's funny, because on 1 star, the defenders really stand around a lot and let you shoot on goal almost at will. Sadly, I still allowed 1 goal to be scored on me.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 08:41 AM   #9
BigDPW
College Prospect

You really have to stick with this game for about 10 games and play realistic football (ie check out a champions league game)... Eventually you will get a rhythym and a style and you can hang with the CPU...

I have never played on the top settings simply because I don't have time to play it enough to stay in that rhythym I was talking about...

I was kind of glad that it took me awhile to get into the game and to win... I think the CPU is solid chalenge at most levels...

BTW I have WE - Japanese
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote