Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-25-2005, 04:46 AM   #51
ice4277
Pro Rookie

So far Mariucci has done very little to impress. He has to take as much blame for the offense last season as Harrington. Harrington was basically handcuffed, the playcalling WAY too conservative. In the rare instances when Harrington was allowed to open it up more, or in two-minute drill type situations where they needed bunches of yards quickly, he looked much sharper. I feel that if they finally open things up a bit more then Harrington should be primed for a big season. If I'm wrong, at least we have a competent backup this year.

ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 03:27 PM   #52
TLK
Pro Starter

Az Hakim and Brock Marion have both just been released....

Last edited by TLK : 05-02-2005 at 01:27 AM.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 10:03 PM   #53
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Wow.

Nice site Big Mike Williams. Sounds like Antmeister has been at work yet again...

http://www.bigmikewilliams.com
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 10:08 PM   #54
Schmidty
Coordinator

Damn, they did that shit RIGHT!!!!
Old 04-28-2005, 10:10 PM   #55
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Damn, they did that shit RIGHT!!!!

Heh! Sparty, you're out of control tonight! You're everywhere, man!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 04-28-2005, 10:11 PM   #56
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
Heh! Sparty, you're out of control tonight! You're everywhere, man!

Well, my daughter's at her grandma's and I have had a few beers.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:16 PM   #57
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Well, my daughter's at her grandma's and I have had a few beers.

HEH! Classic. I figured there was alcohol involved. Good stuff!
Old 04-29-2005, 12:49 AM   #58
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
Wow.

Nice site Big Mike Williams. Sounds like Antmeister has been at work yet again...

http://www.bigmikewilliams.com
Well he had a whole year with nothing to do...
Old 04-29-2005, 01:54 AM   #59
Sharpieman
Greatly Missed. (7/11/84-06/12/05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorsoccersim
Wait a minute, isn't our coach the last winning coach the Niners had? Oh, and he led them into the playoffs too right?
It was more Steve Young and Jeff Garcia making him look good. They both had to improvise a lot because Mooch had such a conservative playbook.
I promise you that the Lions won't have a winning season with Mooch as coach.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:45 AM   #60
TLK
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpieman

I'll take that bet..... I suppose we can arrange some sort of bet... right?
Old 04-29-2005, 04:43 AM   #61
Sharpieman

Well, knowing that idiot Mike McMillen he'll keep Mooch for 10 years of losing seasons.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:06 AM   #62
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Well, knowing that idiot Mike McMillen he'll keep Mooch for 10 years of losing seasons.

Who the hell is Mike McMillen??? Sounds like some bastardization of the Lions GM and their ex-back up QB.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:29 AM   #63
Sharpieman

Matt Millen, lol.

He doesn't deserve to have his name spelled right anyways.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:57 AM   #64
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
It was more Steve Young and Jeff Garcia making him look good. They both had to improvise a lot because Mooch had such a conservative playbook.

Wow, I don't know what glass pipe you have been hitting, but the West Coast Offense is about the QB, if you have a QB that can play, with TALENTED WR's, your offense will move the ball and score points.

I promise you the Lions will have a winning season and at least Wild Card it this season.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:18 AM   #65
Sharpieman

Quote:
Wow, I don't know what glass pipe you have been hitting, but the West Coast Offense is about the QB, if you have a QB that can play, with TALENTED WR's, your offense will move the ball and score points.

I promise you the Lions will have a winning season and at least Wild Card it this season.
I wouldn't mind seeing the Lions in the playoffs, I have nothing against Mooch or the Lions, but I just don't think they're good enough. They may have a plethora of great WR's but their defense is lacking. Granted, Garcia can do well in a west coast offense, but Niner fans have already experienced his utter lack of arm strength.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:33 AM   #66
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Matt Millen, lol.

He doesn't deserve to have his name spelled right anyways.

Wow. (How appropriate has the title of this thread been throughout?) Millen's be a very solid GM. He had a rough go at it the first few seasons, there was a steep learning curve. But he's strung together a couple of solid drafts over the course of the last 2-3 years (Harrington depending) and has gone out and hauled in some quality free agents: Bly, Woody, Kennedy, Pollard, etc.

I think he's pretty well respected in the league at the moment and I hope he stays. Perhaps after the first year or two such a comment would be appropriate, but he's come a long way and deserves some respect. Then again, success is measured in wins and that is one thing he doesn't reallly have... yet.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:38 AM   #67
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
I wouldn't mind seeing the Lions in the playoffs, I have nothing against Mooch or the Lions, but I just don't think they're good enough. They may have a plethora of great WR's but their defense is lacking. Granted, Garcia can do well in a west coast offense, but Niner fans have already experienced his utter lack of arm strength.

You know, I would normally agree with you here, but the NFC is so bereft of defensive talent right now, I see it happening right now, and honestly, they have a blue collar style defense, I think a lot of us will be surprised. However, I don't think they will get farther than the wild card round because they lack a big time LB.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:45 AM   #68
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
You know, I would normally agree with you here, but the NFC is so bereft of defensive talent right now, I see it happening right now, and honestly, they have a blue collar style defense, I think a lot of us will be surprised. However, I don't think they will get farther than the wild card round because they lack a big time LB.

Don't forget though, Bailey will be back and (hopefully) at 100%, and Lehman will build off of his strong rookie year. I think the linebacking corps is going to be better than most think.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 09:50 AM   #69
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Who's their WR scout? I have visions of FOF where the Scout is rated Poor for Receivers. Look at the track record...

Or, the Coach is rated Poor for injuries. Dunno.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 10:11 AM   #70
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Who's their WR scout? I have visions of FOF where the Scout is rated Poor for Receivers. Look at the track record...

Or, the Coach is rated Poor for injuries. Dunno.

I think the latter is much more accurate than the former. Despite his injuries, Roy Williams had an oustanding rookie year. He was well worth the pick. Charles Rogers, in the handful of games he played, showed flashes of brilliance and showed that he could definitely play at WR. I don't think this is a matter of the Lions scouts mis-judging talent at the wide-out position, it's an injury situation tied together with mediocare-to-poor QB play (it must be said) and perhaps some poor offensive play calling. These wideouts, by all appearances, have talent.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:24 AM   #71
TLK
Pro Starter

Beautiful catch by Roy Williams

Quote:
Highlight catch

Roy Williams made his teammates cheer with a spectacular one-handed catch in the afternoon practice. He was covered by cornerback Dré Bly and had to reach back for a pass. Williams caught the ball with his right hand, pinned it to his back and ran upfield. The players were still buzzing before the next play.

"Once again, a lucky catch," Williams said after practice, smiling.

Before practice, Williams said he practiced catching balls launched by the jugs machine with one hand.

"I dropped all eight of them," he said.

and video...

http://rapidshare.de/files/1530508/rc.rm.html
Old 05-02-2005, 07:48 AM   #72
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
It was more Steve Young and Jeff Garcia making him look good.

You are kidding right? Garcia was (and is) nothing - it was the offense and T.O. making Garcia look good - he's never been more than a below average NFL QB.