Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-30-2005, 09:00 PM   #1
Joe
Pro Starter

GWB's Gameplans

Since there is no gameplan forum anymore, I figured I'd post this in here. I've decided to share the gameplan I used for a Vikings team, which set a few MP records, such as Culpepper's 5400+ passing yards and 46 td passes, as well as Randy Moss' 2000+ receiving yards. I used this gameplan and slight variations of it for the last 14 games of the season + the playoffs. I don't use this gameplan anymore, as my team has changed a bit and people started to figure it out (I think). Anyway, I am interested to see if anyone wants to try it out in single player, and see if the results are the similar. Or even in multi-player if you wish. Anyway, the gameplan file can be found here

The team summary from last season can be found here

I will be posting more gameplans in the future, if this sparks any interest.

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 09:39 PM   #2
hitmanwa
n00b

Good lord man, I just threw this in for S---s and Grins with a mediocre team.

I went 14-2 with 5508 yds throwing. 50 TDs and 3 Recievers with over 1000 yards each.
hitmanwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 10:25 PM   #3
jeronemitchell
n00b

Run through

I ran it with a team busily rebuilding... only went 6-10, though most of the running was towards the "weaker" side of my OLine, so I'm sure that would have been better if I personalized it at all.

I ended up with 5,058 yards, averaging 7.66 yards per reception, and 42 TD. What was more interesting was the player buildup... I had a 40 rated QB go up to 53 with those numbers, a 54 rated WR max out at 64, and a 69 rated guy go up to 83 by the end of the season.

I don't know if I'd use this, as it really didn't run that much, and I'd like to develop that side of things... but I could see it being effective.
jeronemitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 10:30 PM   #4
Joe
Pro Starter

hmm very interesting results. i had a 1200 yard rusher using the gameplan as well, so maybe its the differences in the teams. how many interceptions did either of you have with it?
Old 01-30-2005, 10:58 PM   #5
hitmanwa
n00b

Been playing around with it on my Houston squad. Carr hits 5500+ with around 15 Ints. tht's to be expected though...our OL isn't anything spectacular...27 sacks. This also contributes to the mere 700 rushing yards I get with Davis. I'm getting abt 300 runs to 700 passes per season.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:26 PM   #6
jeronemitchell
n00b

If I recall, Kyle Boller (the QB that was developing) had about 23 or so INTs... about the same as the year before. My OLine is designed more for the run than the pass, though.
jeronemitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 11:30 PM   #7
jbmagic
Pro Starter

awesome

any tips for these offensive gameplans

1. Smashmouth
2. Balance offense
3. Pass Heavy

Defense Gameplans
1. to stop running teams
2. to stop passing teams
3. Balance

is it possible you can make these type of offense and defense gameplans available? then we can tweak stuff to fit our team.

thanks

Last edited by jbmagic : 01-30-2005 at 11:33 PM.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 11:52 PM   #8
hitmanwa
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
awesome

any tips for these offensive gameplans

1. Smashmouth
2. Balance offense
3. Pass Heavy

Defense Gameplans
1. to stop running teams
2. to stop passing teams
3. Balance

is it possible you can make these type of offense and defense gameplans available? then we can tweak stuff to fit our team.

thanks

I'm gonna take a shot at this as I'm just now getting into gameplans. Hopefully the more experienced guys will chime in and and correct what I say.

Smashmouth...run between the tackles and tailor your C, Gs & Ts as such. Usually, and this is just me and my limited experience, I try to focuse on my Standard 1st-3rd down in the GP section and set them accordingly...60%-75% in all 1st down situations then downgrade accordingly depending on the down and yardage. On areas like 2nd and 3-7 I typically set it to what I would do on 2nd and 7.

Balance...50/50 all the way I would guess. Just decide what's best for your QB depending on his Atts. If i'm trying to run across the line evenly I usually divide my 100% into 3 sections. I go 16.6 in all of the around and outside then 8.4 in the 4 middle sections. This should distribute your runs evenly across the line.

Pass heavy...use the Minny GP posted here.

I haven't gotten into Def...yet.

Take this with a grain of salt, I'm still learning. I usually set a GP up, sim a game and look at what results I get then adjust accoringly. I think coaches modify it to some degree in game though so keep that in mind.

Last edited by hitmanwa : 01-30-2005 at 11:57 PM.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:41 AM   #9
Joe
Pro Starter

Here is a gameplan I've been using in the eNFL. The offense is a about a 65% running/ 35% passing split. With this one, I tried to make a run heavy gameplan, while having the passing portion be "safe". So far, I've seen my RBs run for 328 yards in 2 games, and the QB complete 70% of his passes. However, he has 0 TDs but 0 INTs. So this gameplan would probably work best for a team with a power running game, and a QB that you just want to not lose games with, but not be dependent on. The defensive side is a 3-4 base, with mostly man-to-man and bump/run coverage and blitzes to the outside.