Old 02-12-2005, 02:41 PM   #552
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Go to this website for a free 14 day trial:

http://www.coh.com/newsletter/0502/download_info.html

Use this code: KMP8-U4EX-R6WS-SZLR-PKW5

Thanks, I'll try it out. Would I have to buy the actual game if I wanted to continue playing after the trial? And can more people use this code?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 03:14 PM   #553
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Go to this website for a free 14 day trial:

http://www.coh.com/newsletter/0502/download_info.html

Use this code: KMP8-U4EX-R6WS-SZLR-PKW5

dola,

says the serial code is already in use.
Old 02-12-2005, 03:36 PM   #554
MikeVic
Head Coach

Ok, I read about this Valentine's Day offer thing.. if anyone has an unused serial code, could you PM it to me? And if someone else has one, I'd give another to a friend that wants to try it out as well..

Thanks.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:26 PM   #555
MikeVic
Head Coach

4th post in a row.. ack. I might actually try out World of Warcraft first, since a friend wants to give that a shot too... so City of Heroes isn't a guaranteed thing for me anymore.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:29 AM   #556
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Oh, sorry. I was away all of yesterday taking our Bowling Team to Milford, CT. (MILFord, hehe). I didn't know that the code was usable for only one person. Sorry about that MikeVic. After the trial period, you have to buy the game if you want to keep playing. I'm not sure that there is any option other than that (thus the trial version). I'm guessing that the "trial version" is the same as the real thing, if that's what you meant to ask.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 08:59 AM   #557
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lets see if this code works ...

9M2H-UASX-LGEU-FMQM-9MEH
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 03:41 PM   #558
Turd Ferguson
Mascot

I just got this game.

I play on the Virtue server.

I'm a lvl 7 Electrical Blaster named Electro Dynamic
Turd Ferguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 03:47 PM   #559
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Most of us are on Victory. You'll find either Silver Streak, Don the Baptist, Albino Claw, Aucoin, Gail-Force, or Project Virus on. We also have alts as well that are throughout this thread. Send one of us a tell by typing:

/t [name], hey I'm on

And we'll invite you to the Supergroup.

Last edited by Raiders Army : 02-14-2005 at 03:47 PM.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:02 PM   #560
Turd Ferguson
Mascot

Thanks RA.

I just created a blaster on Victory, level 4, named Papa Burgundy.

I'll look for you all on there.
Turd Ferguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 09:34 PM   #561
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Gratz to Aucoin who made level 50!!!!
Old 02-17-2005, 06:41 AM   #562
hoopsguy
General Manager

Way to go, Aucoin. This is a testament to the glory that is powerleveling.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:02 AM   #563
mtsouth
n00b

I'm still playing some, but mainly on Infinity with Kid Nitro and other alts.
mtsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 10:33 AM   #564
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I think that this is slowly going away. I looked to see if Bonegavel had been on lately, and it's been over a week. Sad to say, too, because he was one of the good guys in the SG. I think that after I hit 50 with Streak, I may be hanging this one up. It's a fun, fun game but it does suck my life away like MUDs did in the 90s. With three kids I need to start spending a little more time with them or it's "Cat's in the Cradle" for me.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:36 AM   #565
gi
College Prospect

Agreed. Things are slowing down. I think I might stay on until CoV, but most likely will be hanging it up when Matrix comes out. I might come back if CoV is good. Almost played this game a year and I feel the value was great. There are a whole bunch of single players games I have been neglecting because of CoH.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 10:44 PM   #566
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Quote:
I think that this is slowly going away. I looked to see if Bonegavel had been on lately, and it's been over a week. Sad to say, too, because he was one of the good guys in the SG. I think that after I hit 50 with Streak, I may be hanging this one up. It's a fun, fun game but it does suck my life away like MUDs did in the 90s. With three kids I need to start spending a little more time with them or it's "Cat's in the Cradle" for me.
sorry about that. This last month+ has been rough.

Between family being projectile vomiting/shitting sick to my wife's grandmother passing to me putting my back out to work requiring me until late night, it hasn't been a fun time.

I've been on the last few days, but the post 40 game is drudgery unless you are with a big group and I don't get that too often.

Matrix Online has disappointed me too. I must have downloaded 6 trillion megaflops for that game and I still can't log in for more than a few minutes until my eyes bleed.

I see you are at 49 Streak!!

Last edited by Bonegavel : 03-14-2005 at 10:45 PM.
Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 10:56 PM   #567
hoopsguy
General Manager

Wow, been awhile since I have seen this thread. I haven't played CoH in about three weeks now and not regularly in the last two months. Work got tremendously busy and I just got to a point where I was diverted by other activities during my free time. Poker, NCAA hoops, and pretty much whatever diverted my attention at that given moment. I'm still looking to have one last marathon session before cancelling my account, but I'm not sure when that will be. Probably the day that the Illini get knocked out of the tournament, as I'll be despondant and looking for some mindless fun.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:01 PM   #568
Bonegavel

Hehe, part of me wants to cancel my account now and another part wants 50 and yet another part wants to see if CoV will be as fun as it should be.

What has kind of sucked lately is that the SG will be on but the ranges the team are such that you can't get everyone close and because of the purple patch people are always left out of in the cold.

I'm still amazed that a game like this has kept my attention for this long.
Old 03-15-2005, 05:38 AM   #569
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I miss you guys playing. I've been working pretty hard to get to level 49 and I'm about 4 bubs away from 50. Post-50, I'm not sure how much I'll keep playing. I think the only thing keeping me playing is getting to 50. The fun part of this was when the SG would get on and we'd team together. I realize that I'm part of the problem, since my nights have been taken up with reality TV.

Sunday: Contender
Tuesday: The Amazing Race
Wednesday: Lost (reruns though till the end of the month)
Thursday: Survivor and The Apprentice
Old 03-15-2005, 06:42 AM   #570
gi
College Prospect

I'll have to say sorry too. I've been busy with MBA and new GF. There are also about 5 single player games I would like to get into and get my money's worth. I'd like to have one more slug fest with everyone before I cancel though. I might come back briefly for CoV, but when summer hits I plan on being outside more. It has been a great run! Oh, C.J. (Gail-force) had a 8lbs, 9 1/2 oz baby boy yesterday. All the family members are doing well.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:12 AM   #571
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi
Oh, C.J. (Gail-force) had a 8lbs, 9 1/2 oz baby boy yesterday. All the family members are doing well.

That's excellent! Tell him gratz for us!

Got Silver Streak to level 50 about 10 minutes ago...only took 612 hours and countless deaths to make it. w00t!
Old 03-15-2005, 09:17 AM   #572
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
That's excellent! Tell him gratz for us!

Got Silver Streak to level 50 about 10 minutes ago...only took 612 hours and countless deaths to make it. w00t!

Sweet! Gratz!!!!! Now keep your account active for one more grouping of all of us.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:32 PM   #573
Bonegavel

Can you powerlevel me to 50?! I'm about 400k from 44. Ugggggggh.

Gratz to CJ for the dad thing!
Old 03-16-2005, 07:24 AM   #574
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel
Can you powerlevel me to 50?! I'm about 400k from 44. Ugggggggh.

Gratz to CJ for the dad thing!
I'll be on tonight before 8 EST. Send me a tell
Old 03-28-2005, 11:26 AM   #575
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Well, I haven't been to C.J. (Gail-Force's website in a while) so I found this message earlier today:

Quote:
MxO
Sorry no updates on this...it unfortunately looks as though my CoH days might be over.
I've been dilligently beta-testing The Matrix Online...and being that I'm an obsessed fan of the Matrix content, once this game comes out I will most likely no longer play City of Heroes. I have a wife and a kid, and promised that I wouldn't play more than one MMO (or game for that matter) at a time, simply because it takes up too much of my personal time and I can't have a healthy family with more than one game at a time.

MxO is a fantastic game. It's similar in a lot of ways to CoH, but different in more ways. It's got a lot of growing pains to get through, bugs to work out, and has to still prove itself in the industry...but nonetheless, I'm a fan of the content and the story, and will stick to it through all the way.

So to any CoH friends I've made along the way that I most likely won't interact with anymore...I wish you luck in your superhero fighting and hope you all reach level 50.

CJ Miller
[email protected]

I don't think I'll be jumping ship to MxO. I played it, I don't like it, and I think I'll cancel my MxO account. From the number of days that others have not been on, I think it's safe to say that our half of the SG is pretty much dead. I think I'm going to jump ship to another SG, but I'll add you guys to my friends list. It was fun playing together for the past nine months or so. Take care guys.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:00 PM   #576
gi
College Prospect

Yeah, I cancelled my account for now. Too much to do. MxO might not last that long for me. It was a great ride. Thanks to all of you!