Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-14-2005, 02:43 AM   #401
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 11, 2010 -

Today Brazil and Nigeria are facing off in the World Cup. Nigeria opens up pressing the attack early. At the 5 minute mark, Peter Odemwingle steals the ball, passes it into the box, and Obafemi Martins puts a move on a defender, and shoots it into the upper left hand corner of the net. 1-0 lead for Nigeria.

Nigeria plays a very defensive game for the rest of the 1st half, and they go into halftime up 1-0.

In the second half, they surprisingly open things up a bit, and both teams have several good opportunities, but both keepers stop those chances. However, at the 88 minute mark Brazil takes a corner kick which Nigeria's defender clears. This leads to a long pass down the pitch to John Utaka. Utaka gets a good opportunity with the keeper and him being alone in the box.. he fakes the keeper out and fires it into the net for a goal. This goal ends the scoring.

Nigeria shocks many fans and wins the World Cup 2-0.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 02:52 AM   #402
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 14, 2010 -

Holland's Robin van Persie has won the World Cup Golden Boot award with 4 goals. Igor Budan of Croatia came in 2nd, and Andrika Delibasic of Serbia & Mont. came in 3rd.

Nigeria's Kalu Uche won the World Cup Best Player Award. Mike Zonneveid of Holland came in 2nd, and Avimileth Rivas of colombia came in 3rd.

Colombia's Libis Andres Arenas has won the World Cup Best Goalkeeper award. Francisco Guillermo Ochoa of Mexico came in 2nd, and Maarten Stekelenburg of Holland came in 3rd.

With the World Cup ending, I will now start next season's thread. Of course, it will be interesting what to title it as Manchester still hasn't decided on a boss. I wonder if they will offer it to me?
Old 03-14-2005, 06:14 AM   #403
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Holland's Robin van Persie has won the World Cup Golden Boot award with 4 goals. Igor Budan of Croatia came in 2nd, and Andrika Delibasic of Serbia & Mont. came in 3rd.
RvP! RvP! RvP!
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 10:14 AM   #404
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Um.. story's updated here

(Feckin time stamp bug.. it's inresponse to Barkeep's post)

Last edited by SirFozzie : 03-14-2005 at 10:14 AM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 10:14 AM   #405
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm guessing since quite a bit of time has elapsed that you didn't get the Man U job... Who did get it?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 10:52 AM   #406
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
I'm guessing since quite a bit of time has elapsed that you didn't get the Man U job... Who did get it?

They must be very methodical in their search. It is still vacant. I'm hoping that I'll still get it.