Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-07-2005, 04:11 PM   #1
Hurst2112
College Starter

OT: Hangin out with Darren McCarty tonight.

A band I recorded is opening up for Grinder, Darren McCarty's (Red Wings) band this evening in St. Paul.

Going to be able to hang out after the show. Should be a lot of fun. I will post pictures when I get them.

I have heard Grinder's stuff. I don't like it. In fact, it's pretty horrible. I won't tell Darren that though.

Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 04:14 PM   #2
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

It's a good thing he probably doesn't play text sims and/or hang out at geeky messageboards.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 04:28 PM   #3
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
It's a good thing he probably doesn't play text sims and/or hang out at geeky messageboards.

It's a good thing he plays hockey for a living and isn't a full time musician too.

Old 03-07-2005, 07:16 PM   #4
Karim
College Starter

Who?

(Just thought I'd get that out of the way before the non-hockey people show up...)
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 07:26 PM   #5
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst2112
It's a good thing he plays hockey for a living and isn't a full time musician too.

He isn't doing either for a living at this point.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 03-07-2005, 07:26 PM   #6
Hurst2112
College Starter

Old 03-07-2005, 07:32 PM   #7
Hurst2112
College Starter

hah. I believe Claude got his in this one. I didn't have enough time to find pictures of the hat trick Darren had against Colorado in the playoffs.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:33 PM   #8
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

go Avs
Old 03-07-2005, 07:49 PM   #9
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

hahha.. I can't stand McFarty or the Crapwings.

GO BLUES!!

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 08:14 PM   #10
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
go Avs

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 09:14 PM   #11
Esquared1
High School JV

Quote:

It's a bad thing that I have a friend that has been in the same Fantasy Football league with him for two years in a row. My friend has both mine and McCarty's email address.

Shall we through Hurst under the bus?
Esquared1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 09:20 PM   #12
Pyser
Pro Rookie

why dont we throw him under there instead

sorry.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 09:22 PM   #13
Ksyrup

Uh....no. And I'd say that even if the guy wasn't known for busting ass.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:10 PM   #14
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
go Avs

The Avs blow.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 10:12 PM   #15
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
hahha.. I can't stand McFarty or the Crapwings.

GO BLUES!!

Todd

Hold on. Let me move these last three Stanley Cups out of the way here for a second....

Oh! McFarty! Crapwings! Classics!!!

Keep at it Bluesy.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 03-07-2005, 11:07 PM   #16
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
Hold on. Let me move these last three Stanley Cups out of the way here for a second....

Oh! McFarty! Crapwings! Classics!!!

Keep at it Bluesy.

Then there's Federfag, Osbad, Shittylios, TraderHull, Shanafag, etc..

Nice comeback though.. I know we suck in the playoffs.

McCarty is the type of player you hate, unless he's on your team.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 11:29 PM   #17
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:

Zima!
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 12:10 PM   #18
Hurst2112
College Starter

Ok, well that was an experience.

The place wasn't packed at all. Thankfully, there was an Aeros/Griffins game at the Excel and my friends band had their wives/girlfriends go hand out flyers for the show. The bar it was at is about 5 blocks from the arena.

My friends played some bubble hockey with Darren (they lost all 3 games). We sat around and shot the shit for awhile. It was cool. Darren is pretty built. I was suprised. He doesn't drink either, but smokes a ton. He's just a dude. Very cordial, very down to earth. I susspect that he looks at his rock n roll life as being a dream, and probably realizes that it wont amount to much. He has money, and is having fun. Props to him.

Oh, and my review of his band is not worth posting. It helps to have money for a decent band, tour bus, roadies, etc. That makes the fact that you can't sing more than 5 notes less painful. They did play Ace of Spades though, so all wasn't lost.

Lastly, and I don't know who it is yet...

We were getting ready to head out and this guy came up to us looking for some weed. The singer of my friends band was the only got that smoked and he left. We said we didn't have any (i said with some sarcasm: 'dude, you're in St. Paul...')

I then realized that the guy might have been a Wild player. Darren said something to him from the stage before all this happened. I didn't catch the name, but he did look familiar. Anyway, I thought it was funny.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:31 PM   #19
Ksyrup

Quote:
Oh, and my review of his band is not worth posting. It helps to have money for a decent band, tour bus, roadies, etc. That makes the fact that you can't sing more than 5 notes less painful. They did play Ace of Spades though, so all wasn't lost.

Coming from someone who is not a Motorhead fan...I bet even McCarty could improve on the vocals of the original.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:45 PM   #20
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
Coming from someone who is not a Motorhead fan...I bet even McCarty could improve on the vocals of the original.

Funny you should say that. After listening to all of their songs and then hearing that, I thought that he sang Ace of Spades better than his own stuff.

He has the limited range of Lemmy, which worked well for that song.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:58 PM   #21
Ksyrup

Lemmy's vocals are so limited, I don't think the word 'range' can be fairly used to describe it. I think he's a pretty cool guy and all, they're just a bit to 'rootsy' metal/rock 'n roll for me.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-08-2005 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:58 PM   #22
Hurst2112
College Starter

Here is a pic of the night.

Of course I am the ugly bald guy, NOT the ugly toothless guy. Funny, there were 2 people shooting various pictures that night. So, 1 picture has me looking into it, the other Darren is looking into.

I felt bad wearing my Fedorov jersey but at $225 a crack, I can't afford to get as many as I want.

Other pics of the evening can be found here:

http://www.redtonememory.com/pages/4/index.htm

Old 03-09-2005, 10:53 AM   #23
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Of course I am the ugly bald guy, NOT the ugly toothless guy.

Man... After looking at some of the hair-stylings in those photos, going bald may have been one of the best things to have happened to you, Hurst...
Old 03-09-2005, 11:03 AM   #24
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
Man... After looking at some of the hair-stylings in those photos, going bald may have been one of the best things to have happened to you, Hurst...

Point and compliment taken...hehe
Old 03-10-2005, 06:35 AM   #25
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

I thought Darren had problems with alcohol abuse in the past requiring him to stay off the juice.

You should have got a shirt made that said "Salary Cap" on it.

I'll never understand hockey players who smoke. I've only met a few that did, and they smoked a lot.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 06:41 AM   #26
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Nice story.

Yeah DMac was an alcoholic, so it's good to hear he wasn't drinking with you guys.

And as far as smoking goes, (I played hockey, coach now), most kids/guys I know dip, not smoke.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote