Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-09-2005, 02:24 PM   #1
azoomzip
n00b

TCY 1.3 recruiting problem

I did a search to try to find this but did not return anything fruitful so I apologize in advance if this is covered elsewhere.

I am running TCY 1.3.

I dont really play the game, but sim it in order to enrich my fof 2004 game- drafts, college stats and so on. I have my coaches set to handle everything including recruiting. After 2 seasons my ohio state buckeyes have had the worst recruiting classes in all of college football. I quadruple checked the option for my assistants to handle recruiting- so I know that cannot be the problem. My team has gone undefeated both years- winning 1 national championship- so that shouldnt be a problem either. I have been simming like this with old versions of the game for about 3 years so I know that it used to work. I have also been playing fof since 1998 and up to this point thought I understood the interface. Is there something else I am missing or is this a glitch in version 1.3? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

azoomzip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 02:55 PM   #2
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

By "worst recruiting classes in college football" are you referring to the game's ranking of your incoming class? Because this is rated on the relative "replacement value" for the departing seniors, and if your team is as talented as it sounds, the incoming players are probably no where near as good - especially since the assistants' recruiting ability is pretty suspect relative to the player handling it.

Last edited by WSUCougar : 02-09-2005 at 02:55 PM.
WSUCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 03:36 PM   #3
azoomzip
n00b

In looking at it a little closer it seems that that may be the issue. The game ranks my incoming class last in both seasons. The players actually look a little better than than they initially seemed, but still seem a worse than what I used to get- before 1.3 update. I also used to rank much higher in this category- usually in the top 20 or so.
azoomzip is offline   Reply With Quote