Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-22-2005, 11:35 PM   #1
Aardvark
Mascot

Terrible QBs in draft -- after newest FOF patch

I started a new dynasty after installing the newest patch. In years 5-15 of the dynasty I have yet to see a QB available in the draft who is better than a 60 potential.

Aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 11:37 PM   #2
Ragone
Pro Rookie

my first qb i saw had like a 94 potential.. with a excellent scout in qb/young talent.. i of course snagged him and he hasn't busted yet after 3 years
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 11:40 PM   #3
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

I was just thinking the other day that it seems like the quality of coaches has decreased. There just seemed to be more coaching talent before these last patches.
Cap Ologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 12:16 AM   #4
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap Ologist
I was just thinking the other day that it seems like the quality of coaches has decreased. There just seemed to be more coaching talent before these last patches.

Funny how opinions on these things very so much. It is like MP drafts. Every draft I have been a part of, in the Imperial League or one I am just an owner in, there are always guys who bitch about what a crappy draft class it is, while others guys can be saying it is too good and out of whack with reality. All about the same players.

As far as coaches, I strted a new solo game this last week, and have been pretty happy with the coaches. I think there are some very good coaches, and although there seem like fewer Super Scouts, there are some good ones. This in my opinion seems like it is much more realistic.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:15 AM   #5
Leonidas
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardvark
I started a new dynasty after installing the newest patch. In years 5-15 of the dynasty I have yet to see a QB available in the draft who is better than a 60 potential.

Are you using TCY files or randomly generated files? I have found TCY files will have variance in talent available by classes. For laughs I once took a TCY file and loaded it several times to see how much randomness was built into it and found this particular class had zero talent for DEs. No matter how often I reran the file I couldn't get a DE above 60 potential. Like in real life, just a poor year for the position. You just happen to be having a poor decade.