Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-05-2005, 11:14 PM   #1
Flasch186
Coordinator

MP question

We just finished FA2 and ive accepted a export between the end of FA2 and the time when i hit "being Training camp". If a GM, in their game, hits the begin TC button, does their TC, than sends in their export in the "tween" export....then I accept another round of "TC" exports and do the training camp then, will the game "hang on" to the GM's TC preferences and apply them eventhough it'll be after Ive exported out another round of LEague files?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 11:42 PM   #2
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

It's a fair question and one that I can't answer with certainty. I'm not sure why you'd have to go about things that way though. Safest bet would be to just hold on to that export and use it with all of the rest like you normally would.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 11:46 PM   #3
Flasch186
Coordinator

i was going to save them all but will the game accept them? and have them be overwritten if someone sends in again. Im giving GM's the opportunity to sign their rookies one last time before TC, like were able to do in SP. Hopefully it wont cause a problem. if it does it would be an easy fix, just to give GM''s a few more days to run their TC and send it in....

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 01-05-2005, 11:47 PM   #4
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flasch Translator
We just finished the second stage of free agency in the USFL and I"ve got a follow-up question. If a GM submits their training camp export to me and I import it before I run the rest of the leagues' exports (and save), will the game hold on to that particular GM's training camp preferences?

Old 01-05-2005, 11:48 PM   #5
Flasch186
Coordinator

hahahahaha....whats funny is even when i reread my stuff it looks fine to me, but upon further scrutiny I can see how some things can get cloudy.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 01-05-2005 at 11:49 PM.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:49 PM   #6
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
i was going to save them all but will the game accept them? and have them be overwritten if someone sends in again. Im giving GM's the opportunity to sign their rookies one last time before TC, like were able to do in SP. Hopefully it wont cause a problem. if it does it would be an easy fix, just to give GM''s a few more days to run their TC and send it in....

You have some whiny bitches in that league. I heard you gave them an extra day to make renegotiations before the first stage of free agency as well.

Old 01-05-2005, 11:50 PM   #7
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
You have some whiny bitches in that league. I heard you gave them an extra day to make renegotiations before the first stage of free agency as well.

Im a players coach

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 01-06-2005, 08:42 AM   #8
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186

The way we've handled this before is that GMs just submit their second rookie negotiations and TC stuff in one swoop. If the guy doesn't sign, it's not like they can make another offer before TC anyway.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:43 AM   #9
SegRat
High School Varsity

Sovereignstar you should visit the USFL more often. We could sure use the The Flasch Translator over there.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:10 AM   #10
Flasch186
Coordinator

well i just put in one of the new imports, leaving the one's in from the "tweener" and it imported them all and did not double up roster moves, so it seems to be fine, if I just leaqve the exports in and overwrite with some new ones that are sent.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 01-06-2005, 10:17 AM   #11
Cuckoo
College Starter

Okay, as a commissioner, I have to ask you to explain this to me because I may encounter it in my league.

You're saying that you gave your GMs the opportunity to export any last FA offers after the second FA period but before you hit Proceed to TC? Please go slowly as I haven't had enough coffee today...
Old 01-06-2005, 10:22 AM   #12
Flasch186
Coordinator

things just show up twice on the transaction log....

yup, next season dont need the "tweener" i think, but I guess it doesnt hurt.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 01-06-2005, 10:25 AM   #13
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo
Okay, as a commissioner, I have to ask you to explain this to me because I may encounter it in my league.

You're saying that you gave your GMs the opportunity to export any last FA offers after the second FA period but before you hit Proceed to TC? Please go slowly as I haven't had enough coffee today...

Right, because In SP this is the place you sign your rookies right before TC but I wasnt sure how it would play it in MP. So I gave them an opportunity to submit once, Prior to hitting the "begin TC" button BUT since were technically not moving forward I was concerned that it wouldnt log the GM's TC desires. To solve this, instead of removing all the imports, to bring in the new TC ones...Im leaving the imports in the folder and overwriting them as the new ones come in. Therefore, someone who already submitted their TC desires wont have those go away. The only downside is transaction stuff is recorded twice in the transaction log.

It seems unneccessary to me so perhaps next season we wont have this "tweener" export.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL