Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-28-2003, 05:05 PM   #1
HornsManiac

Thumbs up Forget OOTP5. Let's get pumped for..

World Series Baseball 2K3

I cannot wait for this friggin' game! March 11th is the BIG day for me. Last year's version for the X-Box only was hands down the greatest console baseball game ever. This game along with NCAA Football 2003 are on the same level as far as I am concerned. Both games were simply kick ass.

Some of you PS2 guys never got to experience this gem last season, but this year you can! Don't make the mistake of buying Triple Play or High Heat. This game is the end all of console baseball games.

Click here for a great preview and some screen shots.

HornsManiac

Old 02-28-2003, 07:45 PM   #2
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I've read High Heat is much better in terms of statistics than any console baseball game this year.

Basically, WSB is the prettiest and High Heat is the most accurate, simulation wise.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 08:42 PM   #3
cheese
n00b

WSB supposively has a pretty solid Franchise Mode, but High Heats is great too, and it came out earlier, so i ended up buying it. The graphics aren't great, but they'll do, and i like the full minor league systems in career mode.
cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 12:58 AM   #4
SackAttack
Head Coach

High Heat is fantastic, playwise. I've been playing it for close to a week now, and it's not the prettiest game (plus the interface sucks), but dear sweet Jesus have mercy, I love the accuracy of the game.

That said, this is the only time I'll probably ever agree with HM - I cannot WAIT for WSB2k3. If it has the walks totals that High Heat does, I may never leave the house again.

Josh
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 01:24 AM   #5
G-Man
High School JV

Bah!! Console baseball games are no comparison with OOTP5!
Old 03-01-2003, 01:38 AM   #6
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by G-Man
Bah!! Console baseball games are no comparison with OOTP5!

That's why I have both.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 03:00 AM   #7
andy m
High School Varsity

oops, i edited my post.

Last edited by andy m : 03-01-2003 at 03:01 AM.
andy m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 02:55 PM   #8
Cowtown
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by cheese
WSB supposively has a pretty solid Franchise Mode, but High Heats is great too, and it came out earlier, so i ended up buying it. The graphics aren't great, but they'll do, and i like the full minor league systems in career mode.

This is why I also agree with horns. WSB has outstanding graphics, it also has a complete minor league system, and it has a great overall franchise mode.

When I want tons of stats I play OOTP games, but when I want great baseball action I play WSB.
Old 03-04-2003, 06:47 PM   #9
HornsManiac

Quote:
Originally posted by MizzouRah
That's why I have both.

Todd

Exactly!

HornsManiac
Old 03-04-2003, 07:14 PM   #10
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally posted by andy m
oops, i edited my post.

You know Andy, I would think an enlightened, benevolent, peace loving man like yourself would be above trying to stir up shit.

I've had my run ins with HM, and in fact I've started a flame or two... but I'm an ignorant war monger. It's to be expected of me.

You on the other hand... for shame.

[start rant]

HM is not a danger to your baseball game. He poses no threat to you or your neighbors .lg files.

There's no proof HM ever possessed tools of mass editing. And even if he did, he says he never used them, and doesn't have them now.

Your so called "war on editing" is really just a clever ruse aimed at one thing: acquiring oil.

You declare war on HM, HM lives in Texas, there's plenty of oil in Texas. You topple HM, you take his oil, and you don't have to fill up your car with expensive British petrol anymore.

Well, I've got one thing to say to you, Andy.

NO WAR FOR OIL!! NO WAR FOR OIL!!! NO WAR FOR OIL!!

[/end rant]
Old 03-04-2003, 07:15 PM   #11
McSweeny
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by andy m
oops, i edited my post.

ohhhhhhh now i get it! thanks Cam!
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 07:36 PM   #12
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Good, I thought I was the only one who didn't get it.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 07:45 PM   #13
HornsManiac

Quote:
Originally posted by sabotai
At one point, I did enjoy some of the stabs people gave to HM and thought his responces were funny. But this baiting by couriers and SkyDog's banning of HM when he responds has pushed it to the point where the HM bashers have become more annoying than HM himself.

If you really want HM to stop being in flame wars, why don't you try and stop STARTING them.

In other words, fucking stop trying to start shit with me.

HornsManiac
Old 03-04-2003, 07:49 PM   #14
McSweeny
College Starter

can i feel your muscle?
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 01:55 AM   #15
ice4277
Pro Rookie

World Series Baseball '95 is one of my most loved, and loathed, games of all time. I loved it so much that I played the entire 162-game season, making the game my life for a month or so. I played as the Braves, won the division, won the LCS, and make it into the World Series, and who do I end up playing? The fuckin Cubs! Somebody want to tell me how it is that two NL teams could play each other in the World Series? I was so pissed at the game for screwing up like that, that I didn't even bother to play the series, never played WSB again, and didn't even pick up a console baseball game until High Heat a couple years ago. It was fun while it lasted though; I had a blast with it. Hopefully the new one will be just as fun, and I hope they've had enough time to work that bug out
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote