Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-27-2004, 07:25 PM   #51
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
Can anyone explain to a 35 year old what this means? Does that mean they shared a meatball sandwich or something?

ah, thanks for pointing that out. should say "talked to her about the doodles she kept drawing.

ive edited my original post, too, so that more people can ignore it.

Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 07:29 PM   #52
bbor
Pro Starter

Dynasy pls.k.thx.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 07:37 PM   #53
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

This thread needs more Balldog.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:41 PM   #54
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
And this was supposed to encourage me to go after this girl?

Thanks for the serious replies (and the humor ones. I can have a sense of humor about this. ). The bank she works at is about 15 minutes from my house (as is the one I usually go to, it's just in a different direction). So it's not like it's 100 miles away. I'll just start going there every week instead of the other one and see what happens.

You have to get in there before next Friday. In todays world, you gotta move a little quicker. Who knows, by next Friday, she may have found someone else to give taffy to.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 07:54 PM   #55
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl
You guys are so cruel! Sabotai is not a loser...he acted and did what any of you I am sure have done on at least one occasion. You see someone who you think is out of your league, and when they approach you, it doens't even dawn on you to think they have ulterior motives.

You know, this is completely true, except it wouldn't have even dawned on me after the fact like it did for Sab that she might have been interested in anything other than pawning off some taffy. My wife and I worked together before we were dating, and she was the one who made the first move with me. I was clueless.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 08:15 PM   #56
hhiipp
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
I was clueless.

Understatement of the year.
hhiipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 08:18 PM   #57
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhiipp
Understatement of the year.

It has wide application as well!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-27-2004, 08:32 PM   #58
sabotai
General Manager

I should also point out that this hot chick approached me while I was wearing a pair of jean shorts.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 09:04 PM   #59
Ksyrup

Hehe
Old 08-27-2004, 09:37 PM   #60
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
I should also point out that this hot chick approached me while I was wearing a pair of jean shorts.

Hmmm... maybe that's the secret...
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 09:48 PM   #61
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

So, um, I wish sabotai good luck and all, but what should he do when he goes back to that bank? I wouldn't be 100% confident that she's just going to offer up some saltwater taffy again. In fact, if she wanted anything more than to pawn off some taffy, she may think sab's not interested in her, so she may keep her distance.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:50 PM   #62
tucker342
Pro Starter

You know, I have about 100 stories like yours...

But for once I actually went for it, and it paid off big time. Here's the story...

Usually on Thursdays I have 3 classes right in a row. My 2nd class in the trio, which is my Biology Lab class was let out 90 mins early, because it was the first meeting of the year(it's usually a 2 hr class). Because of this, I had a whole hell of a lot of time to burn, with really nothing to do. So I decided to go to the IMU(It's the main building on the University of Iowa campus) to study. As I'm looking around for a place to sit, I notice that the lobby of The Iowa House Hotel(hotel inside of the IMU) would work perfectly. As I'm walking over to sit down, I notice this really, really, really hot girl sitting their reading. While I'm walking over, we make eye contact, and she gives me a very flirtatus(sp?) smile, but like countless other times, I pretend to not notice and sit on the opposite side of the lobby. After about 20 mins, I decided to just go for it. I introduce my self, we flirt, we talk about sex, we talk about where each one of us has always wanted to have sex, you know, the usual stuff you talk about with a girl you've just met. To make a long story a little bit shorter, she gives me her number, I give her my number, we hug, and I go off to class. Later that night, she called me and said that she was going home this weekend, otherwise I'd be getting my first college booty call(not in those words, but that's basically what she said). Ah well there's always next weekend

For the first time in my life, instead of throwing the ball away when I had a wide open reciever, I went for it all, and scored a touchdown.
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 09:50 PM   #63
sabotai
General Manager

Been thinking about that Pumpy. At least I got about 6 3/4 more days to come up with something. Something along the line of making eye contact and smiling at her would be a good start.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:53 PM   #64
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker342
For the first time in my life, instead of throwing the ball away when I had a wide open reciever, I went for it all, and scored a touchdown.

[cue American Pie reference]
You don't score until you score!
Old 08-27-2004, 10:04 PM   #65
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
You know, I have about 100 stories like yours...

But for once I actually went for it, and it paid off big time. Here's the story...

Usually on Thursdays I have 3 classes right in a row. My 2nd class in the trio, which is my Biology Lab class was let out 90 mins early, because it was the first meeting of the year(it's usually a 2 hr class). Because of this, I had a whole hell of a lot of time to burn, with really nothing to do. So I decided to go to the IMU(It's the main building on the University of Iowa campus) to study. As I'm looking around for a place to sit, I notice that the lobby of The Iowa House Hotel(hotel inside of the IMU) would work perfectly. As I'm walking over to sit down, I notice this really, really, really hot girl sitting their reading. While I'm walking over, we make eye contact, and she gives me a very flirtatus(sp?) smile, but like countless other times, I pretend to not notice and sit on the opposite side of the lobby. After about 20 mins, I decided to just go for it. I introduce my self, we flirt, we talk about sex, we talk about where each one of us has always wanted to have sex, you know, the usual stuff you talk about with a girl you've just met. To make a long story a little bit shorter, she gives me her number, I give her my number, we hug, and I go off to class. Later that night, she called me and said that she was going home this weekend, otherwise I'd be getting my first college booty call(not in those words, but that's basically what she said). Ah well there's always next weekend

Wow! Sounds like you took cocky and funny to the next level! 'grats!
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 10:06 PM   #66
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

how long ago was this, Tucker?
Old 08-27-2004, 10:48 PM   #67
IMetTrentGreen
College Prospect

does anyone else feel like the discovery channel should be filming this? you won't find a more typical nerd behavior anywhere

ok, first off, don't be like most guys and mistake being nice for flirting. 99% of the time this is what it is. just being friendly. second, dont go back every week like some dork, go back tomorrow and ask her for her number. i'm telling you from experience, having been reformed from the very behavior you are contemplating, that the best course of action is directness, not the passive sit and back and see what happens. if she wants to say yes, she'll say yes tomorrow the same as next week
IMetTrentGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 01:11 AM   #68
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
how long ago was this, Tucker?

I'm guessing today or yesterday.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 10:58 AM   #69
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
And this was supposed to encourage me to go after this girl?
Hm, well if your flirting skills are as well-refined as your sarcasm-detection, you should be golden.
Old 08-28-2004, 11:15 AM   #70
rufusjonz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMetTrentGreen
does anyone else feel like the discovery channel should be filming this? you won't find a more typical nerd behavior anywhere

ok, first off, don't be like most guys and mistake being nice for flirting. 99% of the time this is what it is. just being friendly. second, dont go back every week like some dork, go back tomorrow and ask her for her number. i'm telling you from experience, having been reformed from the very behavior you are contemplating, that the best course of action is directness, not the passive sit and back and see what happens. if she wants to say yes, she'll say yes tomorrow the same as next week

Yeah a lot of guys, including me sometimes, mistake being nice and friendly for flirting ... see my earlier stalker post.
rufusjonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 11:16 AM   #71
rufusjonz
Banned

Girl "Sabo look what i've got for youuuuuu"

Old 08-28-2004, 11:17 AM   #72
rufusjonz
Banned

her bedroom

Girl: "Sabo you want to see a picture of my bedroom?"

Old 08-28-2004, 01:04 PM   #73
psychedelicate-girl
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
hey, at least my wife doesn't call out the names of Duran Duran members in bed.

HEY! Not "members"...just John. Get it right! His is the only mask I could find.
Old 08-28-2004, 03:15 PM   #74
sabotai
General Manager

Last edited by sabotai : 03-17-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-28-2004, 03:16 PM   #75
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusjonz
Girl: "Sabo you want to see a picture of my bedroom?"

If she eats that much salt-water taffy and has the body that she does, then she is most definatly a goddess.

And wtf was that a picture of above this one?
Old 08-28-2004, 03:20 PM   #76
rufusjonz
Banned

someone is literally "pulling taffy" in that pix
Old 08-28-2004, 03:29 PM   #77
sabotai
General Manager

....that's disgusting.
Old 08-28-2004, 03:31 PM   #78
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
I didn't intend this to be an advise thread. Maybe I should clear it up. I don't care if I get this chick or not. I'll go back, if something happens, it does, if not, it doesn't. No big deal. My ex is kindly enough to still have sex with me, so it's not like I'm starved for sex.

The reason I was mad was because I had a chance delivered to me on a silver platter and I fucked it up. But no worries. I'll just go to my ex's next weekend, have sex, and all will be right with the world again.

I don't know. If this girl really looks the way you describe her, this could be a once in a lifetime opportunity. I know you want to go up to her, its just whether or not you have the guts to. Its not easy, but take a chance, you'll be glad you did.

Its already been mentioned, but its a perfect opportunity to save face, you never go to that bank normally, a perfect way to forget about her if you get rejected.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 04:01 PM   #79
rufusjonz
Banned

Quote:
I didn't intend this to be an advise thread. Maybe I should clear it up. I don't care if I get this chick or not. I'll go back, if something happens, it does, if not, it doesn't. No big deal. My ex is kindly enough to still have sex with me, so it's not like I'm starved for sex.

The reason I was mad was because I had a chance delivered to me on a silver platter and I fucked it up. But no worries. I'll just go to my ex's next weekend, have sex, and all will be right with the world again.

But when you call you post "HOW IM A LOSER" expect advice, pity, and ridicule
Old 08-28-2004, 04:16 PM   #80
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
This thread needs more Balldog.

heh, qotm
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 04:23 PM   #81
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
I notice this really, really, really hot girl sitting their reading.

Keep studying
Old 08-28-2004, 04:32 PM   #82
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
Keep studying

No kidding. It's not that hard folks: possesive = their; location = there; collective action = they're.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 05:20 PM   #83
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan
No kidding. It's not that hard folks: possesive = their; location = there; collective action = they're.
Grammar corrections when someone's telling a story about nailing a hot girl = lame
Old 08-28-2004, 05:33 PM   #84
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

He hasn't nailed her yet...
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 06:17 PM   #85
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

One time I was in the library, and there was this beautiful woman sitting their reading Strunk and White's, so I went up to her and said "your terrific, can I have a date?"

She just shook her head sadly, motioned me closer and whispered softly in my ear, "I can read your mind. You fucked up twice in only 34 words. Not a chance in hell." Moral is: that beautiful stranger may be a card-carrying member of the grammar police.

Kids, it never hurts to know your language etiquette.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 06:22 PM   #86
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I bet the Ladies Man would have offered to put the taffy in her butt.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 06:32 PM   #87
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

You're going to dream about taffy for the rest of your life.

Get back in there and talk to this hottie.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 11:34 PM   #88
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

[Seinfeld]

(Enter George. He looks preoccupied with something)

ELAINE: Hi.

JERRY: You're still thinking about this?

GEORGE: (To Elaine) She invites me up at twelve o' clock at night for coffee, and I don't go up. "No thank you, I don't want coffee. It keeps me up - it's too late for me to drink coffee." I said this to her. People this stupid shouldn't be allowed to live. I can't imagine what she must think of me.

JERRY: She thinks you're a guy that doesn't like coffee.

GEORGE: She invited me up! Coffee's not coffee! Coffee is sex.

ELAINE: Maybe coffee was coffee.

GEORGE: Coffee's coffee in the morning. It's not coffee at twelve o' clock at night.

ELAINE: Some people drink coffee that late.

GEORGE: Yeah, people who work at NORAD who are on twenty-four-hour missile watch! ..And everything was going along so great. She was laughing, I was funny. I kept saying to myself, "Keep it up. Don't blow it. You're doing great."

ELAINE: It's all in your head. All she knows is she had a good time. I think you should call her.

GEORGE: I can't call her now. It's too soon. I'm planning a Wednesday call.

ELAINE: Why? I love it when guys call me the next day.

GEORGE: Of course, but you're imagining a guy you like, not a guy who goes "Uhh.. I don't drink coffee late at night.." If I call her now, she's gonna thing I'm too needy. Women don't want to see need. They want to see a take-charge guy. A colonel. A kaiser. A czar.

ELAINE: And what she'll think is that you like her.

GEORGE: That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid!

ELAINE: She wants you to like her!

GEORGE: Yes, she wants me to liek her.. If she likes me! But she doesn't like me.

ELAINE: (Reflects on George, then..) I don't know what your parents did to you.

[/Seinfeld]
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 12:04 AM   #89
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

And when you go to see her, don't do this: http://www.twyst.org/~pumpy/castin.mov

Propagation is key, folks!