Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-27-2001, 08:43 PM   #1
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Post The Terrible Three

"Coach, its final. We are going to have the press conference tomorrow afternoon.”
“I’ve come to accept it Doc, but I sure wish you were staying for your senior season. We’ll miss you, but I wish you the best of luck.”
“Thanks Coach, I will never forget what you have done for me.”

Somewhere in Indiana:

“Dad, they say I will go top 5!”
“Son, I am so proud of you. I can’t wait until we go to the draft in Tampa Bay and hear your name called. You know the 2 QB’s will go 1 and 2, but the next three teams are Tennessee, Chicago, and Tamba Bay. They are all great teams. Hell Tennessee just won the Superbowl last year!”
“OK Dad, pick me up at the airport tomorrow night at 6.”
“Will do Son, I love you.”
“Love you to Pa!”

[This message has been edited by Marmel (edited 03-27-2001).]

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."

Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 08:44 PM   #2
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Major news annoucement:

Self-made billionnaire Marmel has just purchased exclusive rights to the NFL. He is starting up a brand new all-football television station, WFOF, that is W Friends Of Football. It will be based out of Manchester, CT, just 30 minutes from ESPN studios. ESPN stock dropped 65% after the annoucement was made

[This message has been edited by Marmel (edited 03-27-2001).]

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Old 03-28-2001, 01:11 PM   #3
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

In the Philadelphia Eagles owner's office:

"McNabb hasn't proven a thing yet, and he is going into his 4th year as a pro. We have the number 1 pick in the draft, and there are 2 great QB's available, however, I believe that the kid they call Doc is the better choice. Skillwise, they are about equal from what I have seen and heard, but Doc is smarter, less flashy, and more mature. We will wait until we bring them both in for the personality test to make our final decision, but if all goes as planned, Doc is our new QB."

In the San Francisco 49'ers equipment room:

"Doc will go first, there is no doubt about it. But that is perfect because we want the other guy. Just keep making references to how we want to go with Doc with the #2 pick, then when the Eagles take him, we get our man."

Old 03-28-2001, 04:02 PM   #4
FishFan
College Prospect

Way to pull me in with the Indiana reference. Great marketing.
FishFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 08:44 AM   #5
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

"That concludes this edition of Football Center, we now send you live to Tampa Bay for the 2001 NFL draft, with your host, Lem Piker."

"Thanks, Keith and Dan. That's right, we are here at the NFL draft. The Eagles are on the clock, but there is no doubt about who they will be picking. The best QB in the draft is Warren Watson, the kid they call Doc. He comes from The University of Kansas, and has decided to forgo his senior season to enter the draft. The commission is at the podium to annouce the pick."

"Ladies and gentleman, with the 1st overall pick of the 2001 draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select QB Andrew Clemons!"

The auditorium erupt is noise as people cannot believe that Clemons was selected 1st.

"This is Lem Piker, and I cannot believe what I just heard. The Eagles have done a 180 and selected Andrew Clemons with the first pick. Clemons is beaming with a smile, the Philly fans are booing. Lets listen in on what the Eagles GM has to say."

"We thought Doc was the better player before we saw him at the combine, and before the personality tests we gave him. After all of that though, we saw that Andrew would become the better QB."

That camera shows Doc sitting in the waiting area with a huge grin on his face.

"Well, the 49ers haven't even let 1 minute slip by and they are at the podium to announce their pick."

"With the second pick in the NFL draft, the San Francisco 49ers pick QB Warren Watson!"

Watson trots up to the podium, takes the required pictures, then asks for the microphone.

"Why am I so excited to be the number 2 pick in the draft instead of the number 1? Simple. Because I planned it that way. I purposely underperformed at the combines, and I purposely did bad on all of those written test. Why you ask? Because I didn't want to be QB for the Eagles. Why would I want to be. They have never won anything, and look at what they have done to McNabb's career in just three short years. Nothing. The 49ers on the other hand have a great history of QB's and of winning. Every QB should be as lucky to play for them!"

"Wow! A shocking set of developements here in Tampa Bay. We'll be back to break down the top 10, where CB Luke Carlson is sure to be drafted."

Old 03-30-2001, 11:44 AM   #6
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

"This is Kel Piker and we are back at the draft where the top 10 has just been completed. Amazingly enough, Luke Carlson's name has not been called yet. This CB from Notre Dame was predicted to go top 5, but no team has selected a CB yet. I think those teams are missing out big time. Just listen to these stats from his senior season at Notre Dame. 13 interceptions, 6 returned for TDs, Two punt return TDs and a Kickoff return TD. He led Notre Dame to a 8-3 record and a spot in the national championship game against Oklahoma, who were 11-0. Of course there were six teams at 9-2 and better that were a little upset about Notre Dame getting the National Title Shot, and those teams are screaming even louder after Notre Dame got blown out 63-7, the lone touchdown coming from, Luke."

"Well, we are at number 12, and here is the commissioner."

"With the 12th pick in the NFL draft, The Buffalo Bills select CB Luke Carlson."

Luke breathes a huge sigh of relief. It has been the longest 2 hours of his life, but he is finally glad a team has chosen him. In an interview after the draft, Luke had this to say:

"There are some teams that drafted in the top 11 that are going to regret passing me up. I know they made a big mistake, and I can't wait until we play some of those teams...hopefully in the playoffs, and especialy one of the teams that drafted a wide receiver. I can't wait for the day that that WR comes across the middle to make a catch. I am picturing it now."

"This is Lem Piker, from the NFL draft sending you back to our Manchester Studios for another edition of Football Center, with Clay Bingo and Chris Sherman. Look for my show, the NFL Draft this weekend for an in depth look at Warren Watson and Luke Carlson and how they are performing in training camp and the preseason."

Old 04-03-2001, 01:33 PM   #7
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I've been a little busy, but I promise to get back to this experimental career thread, probably even update it a little more tonight. Thanks for being patient, if anybody is reading that is

Go STARS!

------------------
Punter=Yes!

Old 04-03-2001, 05:24 PM   #8
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Name: Warren Watson
Stats: 6 Feet, 6 Inches, 218 pounds
Born: 1977
Drafted: 1st round by the San Franciso 49ers, 2nd overall pick
College: University of Kansas
Popularity: Average
Loyalty: High (66)
Play for a Winner: Average (51)

Warren seems destined to ride the pine this year. In the pre-season he did not get a single snap. Justin and Carmazzi are the clear #1, and #2 QB’s for San Francisco. It’s not uncommon for a rookie QB, especially a junior out of college to sit and watch and learn his first year or two. Hopefully, for Warren’s sake, his skills won’t diminish before he gets his chance. He has the potential to lead the 49ers to great things in the future.

Old 04-03-2001, 05:24 PM   #9
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Name: Luke Carlson
Stats: 5 feet, 7 inches, 206 pounds. Short for a CB, but blazing speed
Born: 1977
Drafted: 1st round by the Buffalo Bills, 12th overall pick
College: University of Notre Dame
Loyalty: Average (56)
Play for a Winner: High (68). He wants to win every time he steps on the field

Luke had a nice pre-season in 2001. He recorded 11 tackles, 2 assists and 1 interception, as Buffalo went 3-1. His will be the 2nd punt returner on the team, and in preseason he had some trouble. 3 punt returns for -1 yard. He is a much better kick returned and should see some action here. In fact, don’t be surprised to see him take a couple for TD’s every year. In the preseason he returned 9 kickoffs for 238 yards, and average of 26.4.

Old 04-03-2001, 05:25 PM   #10
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

As we begin the 2001 season, Tennessee are the defending champs and they are the clear cut favorites to repeat. They moved up in the draft and chose third overall. Last year’s runner up, Carolina lost some talent in free agency and they do not look as dominant as last year. Other teams to watch out for in the ACF: Oakland and Denver. In the NFC: Dallas and Green Bay.

Luke Carlson’s NFL debut was unspectacular as he made only 1 tackle, and had 18 combined return yards. He did help the defense pitch a shutout against the division rival Jets. Warren Watson saw no action.

Week 2 in the NFL sees the Titans stay undefeated, as well as the 49ers, behind Giovani Carmozzi. Buffalo had a bye week.

Week 3 has the Bills winning again. Carlson played better as he is starting to learn what life in the NFL is. He recorded 3 tackles and an assist. The coachs did not send him out for return. They want him to concentrate on defense. The 49ers took their first loss. Carmozzi went 19-41. Denver and Detroit are the only 3-0 teams.

In week 4, Buffalo losses. Carlson is improving. He had a tackle and an assist, but also had 3 kick returns for 111 yards. Denver and Detroit stay undefeated. The Titans have slipped to 2-2.

Week 5 sees another Buffalo win, and another good performance. Luke had 6 tackles and a KR for 24 yards. Luke is a part of the 2nd best defense in the AFC, allowing only 57 points.

Carlson gets his first interception in week 6 as Buffalo rolls behind 5 Flutie TD passes. Carmozzi goes down with an injury for the 49ers and Watson steps in as the #2 QB now. Will he get his chance?

In week 6, Buffalo wins again. They are at 5-1, and Luke is playing a key roll now. He had 6 tackles and an interception. He also had 11 yards on kick returns. He is starting to fit in on the team, and the Buffalo defense acknowledges his contributions. The defense names him their player of the week, in an effort to keep his confidence high. In San Fran, Carmozzi gets healthy and Watson’s chance has slipped by.

Week 7 brings us near the midway point of the season. Buffalo is 6-1. Carlson’s stats look like this: He has started all 7 games for Buffalo. He has 2 INT’s and a 26.1 PDQ. He also has 20 tackles and 3 assists. He has 2 PR’s for 6 yards, and 11 KR’s for 340 yards, averaging 30.9 yards, which is the second best average in the league. Buffalo has allowed only 112 points, which is second best in the league right now.

San Francisco is 5-3, but Doc has not seen any playing time.

In the AFC, Denver is 6-1, as is Buffalo. Jacksonville leads the central at 5-3. Tennessee is struggling at 3-4, but nobody is counting them out just yet. In the NFC, Detroit is 7-1 and the Saints and Cowboys lead their divisions at 5-2.

In a showdown between division leaders, the Bills beat the Saints 30-16 in week 8. Luke contributed with an interception.

In week 9, Buffalo gets creamed by the Patriots. However, the lone points for the Bills came on a 97 yard kick return for a TD will no time left in the 1st half. He chipped in with 4 tackles too.

Buffalo rebounds with a win over the Fins, but Carlson only registers 2 tackles. The Titans playoff hopes look dim as they fall to 4-6.

Week 11: Carlson scores again! Luke Carlson returns a kickoff 96 yards this week for a score. He adds 6 tackles and 2 assists, but Buffalo falls to the Colts 44-41.

Week 12: Bills lose to Pats again, lose division lead. The Pats and Bills are both 8-4, but the Pats have swept the season series. Carlson averaged over 30 yards on 3 kick returnas and added an interception to his totals.

Week 13: Buffalo wins, but Luke has his worst week. No kick or punt returns and only 1 tackle. The longer NFL season may be catching up with the youngster.

In week 14, the Bills play the 49ers. Too bad Doc is on the bench. Buffalo edges out the 49ers and Luke has 4 tackles, but still is not playing as good as earlier in the season. Buffalo is playing for a bye week, and will need it to rest up some guys.

In week 15, both Buffalo and New England lose. Luke only gets 1 tackle. The division race comes down to the final week. In the NFC west, the 49ers and Falcons are tied at 10-5.
Oakland, New England and Buffalo have clinch playoff spots in the AFC. In the NFC it is Atlanta, San Fran, Detroit and Green Bay. There is no dominant team in the NFL this year, so the run to the Superbowl is wide open. The bye weeks will play a MAJOR factor.

Buffalo loses the division title in week 16! Luke is off the radar map, with only 2 tackles. The 49ers win their division title and a bye week. Playoffs are next!

Luke Carlson’s season stats: Started all 16 games, records 42 tackles and 10 assists. He led the team with 4 INTs and had a PDQ of 28.9. He had 17 Prs for 82 yards (4.8 ave) and 25 Krs for 878 yards (35.1 ave) and 2 Tds. His average and Tds led the league in those categories.

In San Fran, Warren Watson did not step onto the playing field.

The Bills travel to NY to play the Jets in the Wildcard round. The Jets score first, but Luke Carlson returns the ensuing kickoff for a TD to tie the game! The Bills go on to win 24-21.

The Raiders beat the Bills 33-6 in the Divisional round. Luke played hard, but Oakland was just the better team. Luke had an interception, 3 tackles and averaged over 32 yards on Krs. San Fran beat Washington to advance to the NFC championship.

Green Bay beats San Fran in OT to get to the Superbowl. They will play the Oakland Raiders for the title. Both teams tied for the best record in the NFL at 12-4.

Green Bay wins the Superbowl 33-11.
LeRoy Butler for Green Bay was the season’s MVP. The Safety had 13 INTs and a PDQ of 55!!!!!!
Undrafted FA Safety for Detroit won the defensive rookie of the year award. He had 9 INTs.

Old 04-03-2001, 09:33 PM   #11
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

With the 5th pick in the 2002 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select running back Roger Howe, out of The University of Arizona.

Profile:

Name: Roger Howe
Stats: 6 feet 1 inch, 237 pounds. A big bruising back. Set PAC-10 rushing record
Born: 1978
College: University of Arizona
Loyalty: High (65)
Play for Winner: Average (43)

Roger was an academic all-American at Arizona. He also was unstoppable out of the Wldcat’s backfield. Very athletic as well. He played on the 2001 2nd place Wildcat basketball team. He was a seldom used SF because his main focus was football. He is expected to start from day one in Kansas City.

Old 04-03-2001, 09:33 PM   #12
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Luke Carlson’s greens are starting to fill up red, and he will be the Bills top corner this season.

Big news out of San Francisco. Warren Watson released! That’s right, their 2nd overall pick from last year, the promising young QB from Kansas, nicknamed Doc has been cut from the team. The 49ers eat the bonus they paid him. We are not sure why he was released. Immediatly following his release, he was signed to a $13 million contract for 3 years with Tampa Bay. Given their QB situation, he may be the starter this year!

Pre-Season:
Warren Watson had the best preseason out of the 3. He threw 36 for 52 (69%) for 400 yards, 3 Tds and 2 INTs. He is battling Brock Huard for the starting job, and the coaches have not made a decision yet. Rumor has it that they are favoring Brock, and Doc is very upset about that.. The Bucs went 3-1.

Buffalo went undefeated, but Luke did not play well. He had 9 tackles, 4 assists and 0 INTs. He also had 2 Krs for 52 yards.

Howe is buried in the depth charts. He has the talent but is in the coach’s doghouse for being late for a couple of practices. He rushed 13 times for 41 yards in the preseason. A major disappointment. He should be able to turn it around though.

In week 1, The Bucs lose to the Eagles, and Brock played the entire game.
In KC, Howe had 3 carries for -4 yards as the Chiefs lost.
In Buffalo, Luke had 1 tackle, no KR or PR.
A very disappointing start for the terrible 3.

In week 2, Howe gets 5 carries for 15 yards in the Chiefs win. Kimble Anders is the starter there, but I can’t see them sticking with Kimble for much longer.
Brock leads the Bucs to 0-2 against the Packers.
Buffalo loses to the Pats. Carlson gets 104 yards on 4 Krs, and 4 tackles.

Tampa loses in week three again...how much longer are they going to sit Doc?
Howe finally sees some playing time, and he makes the most of it. He rushes 7 times for 64 yards and a TD. He also catches 2 passes for 27 yards. He takes home the ball he scored with, as it was his very first NFL touchdown. Analysts say it could be his first of at least 100. Only time will tell.
Buffalo had a bye week.

Tampa falls to 0-4, scoring only 39 points behind Huard.
Buffalo plays KC in week 4. Buffalo takes the 12-7 win. Carlson had a lone assist. A very bad week. I think he might be falling out of favor with the coaching staff. Howe cannot duplicate last week’s performance. He gets 3 yards on 7 carries.

Calson makes 3 tackles and has 2 Krs for 65 yards in Buffalo’s route. They are 4-1.
Brock Huard goes down early in Tampa. The Doc makes his first NFL appearance! He goes 15/30 for 200 yards and a touchdown. The Bucs lose however, 34-7. Statiscally, a good day for Watson. He has a terrible team to lead, but you have to start somewhere.
Howe only gains 17 yards on 6 runs. He is one of 4 backs that get PT during the game. KC needs to make him the featured back, and he WILL put up numbers.

Brock Huard returns to action this week and leads the Bucs to their first win.
KC loses by 3. Howe gets 27 yards on 6 runs.
Luke Carlson finally has his first good week of the season. 10 tackles and 1 INT, but the Bills lose 13-3.

Howe gets 15 yards on 3 carries, and KC drops another 14-10.
Buffalo gets back on the winning streak, Carlson keeps playing good with 3 tackles, 3 assists and a pick.

4 more tackles for Carlson. His KR average is still around 30, he is getting a couple chances per game. Buffalo continues its winning ways.
Tampa loses in OT, Brock is still playing the whole game.
KC wins a game and howe runs 9 times for 30 yards.

At mid-Season, Buffalo is tied for the division lead at 5-2. Tennessee has regained it’s form and lead thier division at 5-2. Other division leaders are Oakland 5-2, Green Bay 6-1, and Atlanta 6-1. The NFC east is terrible. Green Bay looks to have the motivation to repeat as champs this year, but Tennessee wants its title back. This would be a great Superbowl.

Week 9 sees Buffalo win yet again. Carlson averages 28 on Krs and had 2 tackles.
Tampa got blanked 31-0. When will they give Doc a chance?

Weeks 10 sees Tampa go to 1-8, and KC 2-7. Howe had 2 runs for 4 yards and an 18 yard catch.
Buffalo continues its roll, but Luke only had 2 tackles.

Week 11. All 3 teams win this week! Howe had 3 runs for 20 yards. Carlson averaged 28 on Krs, had 3 tackles and an interception. One of his better all around games. Now if he could just finish strong instead of wearing down at the end of the season like last year.

In week 12, Huard leads TB to another loss, and KC falls as well. Howe was atrocious with 3 runs for -12 yards. Wait till next year he tells himself, but some self-doubt is creeping in.
Buffalo keeps its winning ways and Luke has 4 tackles, an INT and averages 33 on KR.
Cleveland is the 1st team mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

In week 13, Howe runs for -2 yards and KC loses. His confidence is shot and he really needs the off-season to regroup.
Tampa loses, but Buffalo wins. 4 tackles for Carlson helped out. KC is eliminated from the playoffs and Green Bay has clinched a spot.

Week 14: Either KC or TB will win this week....’cause they play each other. TB wins by 2. Howe runs for -4 yards. That is 3 weeks straight he has rushed for negative yardage. This year has been a complete bust for him.
Buffalo loses to their arch nemesis, the Pats. Carlson averaged 36 on Krs and had 4 more tackles.
Bucs, Broncos, Seahawks are all out of the playoffs.

Week 15: All 3 teams win again this week. Howe finally get positive yardage. 23 on 9 carries. Also, 26 on 3 catches. Carlson has his best game as a pro. Only 2 tackles, but also 2 INTs takinga late-game INT 68 yards for the TD! Congrats to LUKE!

With two games to go only Pittsburgh and GB have assured themselves playoff spots. The Titans are holding onto a spot, but must win at least one more. Patriots and Bill also look to have a spot wrapped up.

Week 16: This week, all three teams lose. Howe had 17 yards on 4 runs. Luke had 5 tackles.

Buffalo, New England, Oakland, Washington and St. Louis clinch. 5 teams fight for 2 spots in the AFC, and 3 teams fight for 2 spots in the NFC.

Fianl week: Tampa is the only team to win. Buffalo has made a late season slide, but are still in the playoffs. Howe gets 30 yards on 4 carries to end the season. It could not come soon enough for him.

End of Season Stats for the Terrible 3:
Luke Carlson: 53 tackles, 11 asssits. 6 INTS to lead the team for the 2nd straight year. PDQ 37.7. 30 Krs for 801 yards, averge of 26.7, no Tds.

Roger Howe: 78 rushes, 243, average of 3.1 per carry. 1 TD. He had the 3rd most carries on the team. He had 9 catches for 96 yards.

Warren Watson: 15/30, 200 yards and a TD. 82.6 QB rating.

Buffalo wins its first round game against the Titans. Carlson was a non-factor with only 1 tackle. His receiver was thrown to once, but did not make the catch.

Buffalo loses in Pittsburgh in the next round. Luke had 4 tackles and 3 assists. He was thrown at 3 times, twice for completions.

Green Bay loses at home to St. Louis in the divisional round. A big upset.

Atlanta faces Pittsburgh in the Superbowl. The Steelers are double digit favorites in this game. They go on to win 16-7 in a disappointing Superbowl. Marshall Faulk for St. Louis is named league MVP.

Congratulations are in order for Luke Carlson. He was elected to NFL 1st team CB! He is the first and only true success story out of the terrible 3. We do have hope that the other 2 will have huge seasons in 2003, if they are given the chance.

Old 04-04-2001, 05:32 PM   #13
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

2003 Pre-Season.

Luke Carlson is by far the best CB on the Buffalo Bills. In fact all three players are the best at their position, ratings wise, on their teams. They should all be starting. Roger Howe had a big boost in ratings, and is maxed out in a few categories. Brock Huard has been released from the Bucs, so this may indicated that it is Doc’s team.

What a difference a year makes! Here are the preseason stats:

Warren Watson, Tampa Bay, 3-1.
42-64 (66%) 557 yards, 2 Tds and 2 Ints. Also, showing his scrambling ability, 8 runs for 27 yards.

Luke Carlson, Buffalo, 2-2.
7 Kick returns for 201 yards (average 28.7) 16 tackles, 5 assists, 3 INTs.

Roger Hower, Kansas City, 1-3.
14 runs for 108 yards. 7.7 average. 2 Tds. Also, 4 catches for 35 yards. Unfortunatly, Roger dislocated his elbow in the 3rd preseason game and will miss 2-3 months. He was having a great preseason, and this is very bad for him. Luckily, his ratings did not slip due to the injury and the Chiefs hope to get him back ASAP.

Regular Season.

In week 1, Watson got to play his old team, the 49ers. San Fran won in OT and frustrated Doc all day long. He threw for 174 yards and an INT. He was running for his life all day as evidenced by his 10 runs for 38 yards. He is extremely disappointed with his opening day performance, and vows to improve next week.
KC won without Howe.
Buffalo also won a close won. Luke had 2 tackles and 2 assists. He also had 2 interceptions when Detroit was driving deep into Buffalo territory. With the final score 13-7, you could say he saved at least 2 field goal attempts! Great day for Luke.

In week 2, KC wins again without Roger.
Tampa Bay gets to 2-0. Watson throws for 174 and 2 Tds, with an INT. He was also on the run today going 8 times for 26 yards. A much better game than last week, and he is starting to show a little poise.
Buffalo loses by 3, but Luke had 5 tackles and an assist. It looks like he has been pulled from KR duty, I guess the coach’s don’t want to risk injury.

Buffalo is the only team to win in week three. Luke is performing at a high level. 2 tackles, 2 assist and a pick.
Doc, in the losing effort, threw for 272 and a TD, no INTs, but they lost by 3 points.
KC lost, Roger is still listed as 2-3 months

In week 4, Buffalo is off. Tampa get crushed by 28 points, and Doc is just horrible. 179 yards, 1 TD and 3 INTs. KC loses without Roger.

Week 5: KC loses. They need to get Roger Howe and establish a run.
Tampa Bay wins over Green Bay, a big division win over a powerhouse. Watson had a wild day. 225 yards, 3 Tds and 3 Ints.
Buffalo also won. Carlosn had 6 Krs for 215 yards, 2 tackles and an assist.

Week 6: Buffalo plays the Bucs this week! Luke gets the better of Doc’s team in a defensive struggle. 10-6 Bills. Watson throws for 145 with no Tds or INTs. Luke has 2 tackles.

Week 7: Roger Howe is questionable and has been activated by the Chiefs.
This week, only Buffalo loses. A change around there. They lost to New England, as always. Carlson had 5 tackles in the losing effort.
Tampa beat Chicago in Doc’s best day ever. He threw for 322 with 3 Tds and only 1 pick.
Kansas City got a win over Denver, but Howe did not see any action.

Week 8:
KC is the only team to lose this week. Howe, again, sees no playing time. He should be 100% next week.
Buffalo beats Indy, but Carlson left the game in the 1st quarter. He will be a go next week though.
Tampa wins over the Giants, and Doc tops last weeks performance. In fact, he wins offensive player of the week awards! He throws for 366 yards, 5 Tds and no Ints! Amazing!

At the midway point of the season, in the AFC:
Pats, Bengals and Seahawks lead their divisions, with the Bills only 1 game back.
In the NFC:
Cowboys and Falcons lead, and the Vikings and Packers are tied for their division lead.

Week 9 sees Buffalo continue to slide. Carlson was a non-factor and only had 1 tackles. He did have 6 Krs...it looks like he has his KR job back. His biggest problem seems to be consistantcy. He will have a great week followed by a terrible one. Luke said he needs to work on focusing one week at a time, instead of focusing on the entire season.
KC and TB had byes.

Week 10 will mark the return of Roger Howe to KC’s starting lineup, and his regular season debut in the NFL! Roger runs for 51 yards and a touchdown in his NFL debut, and the Chiefs lay a smacking on the Stars, 31-13.
Buffalo returns to it’s winning ways, but Carlson is again quite...2 tackles and an assist.
The Bucs lose a tight one to Green Bay 27-30. Watson throws 2 Tds and an INT, with 256 yards. Not too bad of a day against a powerhouse team, on the road.

Week 11:
Tampa Bay loses to 8-2 Philly by 10. The Bucs were going for the go ahead TD midway through the 4th, but Watson throw an INT, returned for a TD that locked the game up for the Eagles. He threw 2 Tds and an INT along with 153 yards. He still struggles against the better teams, but these games are going to happen.
Howe runs for 57 yards. He is splitting time with Kimble Anders, and they are a solid 1-2 punch. In fact KC is a new team with Roger. They win by 30 points.
Buffalo finally beats the Patriots to move into a tie for the division lead. Luke had 7 tackles and an assist. Now he needs to keep playing at that level...and get a few INTs.

Week 12:
KC’s rushing game gets shut down in Oakland. Total team rushing yards: 79. Roger Howe: 29, but he had 44 receiving yards, the Chiefs won and now sit at 6-5, with a playoff shot very possible.
Buffalo shows its inconsistancy by losing to the lowly Jets. Carlson, 2 tackles. I haven’t been mentioning his KR stats, but he is only averaging about 25 per return...not up to the standard he set his rookie season, so this is disappointing. He was tabbed as the next Deion, and although he is playing good, and was 1st team last year...he is no Deion.
Doc throws for 267 yards, but no Tds or INTs. The Bucs beat up on the Lions and get a much needed win.

4 teams were eliminated from the playoffs at this early juncture of the season: Denver, Arizona, Giants and Chicago.

Week 13:
KC loses at home to the 1-9 Broncos, killing their momentum. Howe had his best day as a pro, running for 78 yards...he is still to get a 100 yard game.
Doc outplays Payton Manning and the Bucs get the win. Doc threw for 2 Tds and no INTs.
The Bills run up the score on the Jags, but Luke had a lone tackle.

Week 14:
Doc is turning it on. The Bucs were 4-6, now they are 7-6. Watson threw for 4 Tds and 287 yards, with only 1 pick.
The Bills hold onto first place with a big win, and Carlson contributes heavily with 2 INTs. Both where with under 5 minutes to play in the game, and they preserved Buffalo’s narrow victory. He is named game MVP.
KC continues its slide with a loss. Howe runs for a TD, but only gains 37 yards.

Week 15:
Buffalo wins again this week. Luke had 6 tackles and 3 assists, a nice game. The Bills control their own destiny for the #1 seed.
Howe only runs for 15 yards, but gets 55 receiving yard. The Chiefs drop another game, effectively ending their playoff hopes.
The Bucs take a step towards the playoffs with another win. Watson throws for 2 Tds and no INS, along with 250+ yards.

Week 16:
All three teams lost this week.
Doc threw for 2tds and a pick, but Detroit shut down their running game big time and took the win.
Luke had 2 tackles, 3 assists and an INT, but the Titans were too much for the Bills.
Howe had 49rushing and 19 receiving yards in the Chiefs loss to the Ravens.

The NFC looks stacked this year. Philly, Atlanta and Dallas look like the 3 best teams in the league.
Tampa Bay at 8-7 lead the division by 1 game!

Week 17:
Despite Luke’s great game, 6 tackles and an INT, the Bills lose by 2 points and must accept a Wildcard spot.
Tampa Bay clinches the division title with a big win over Miami. Doc throws for 120 with a TD and a pick.
Howe runs for 97 and a TD as KC ends the season on a positive note, with a win. He also had 3 catches for 42 yards.

End of Season Report:
Luke Carlson again leads his team in INTs with 7. A 44.6 PDQ also leads his team. He chipped in with 48 tackles. Also, he had 38 Krs for 1034 yards, an average of 27.2 Buffalo went 10-6 and are a wildcard team.

Roger Howe rushed 117 times for 413 yards (3.5 average) and 3 Tds. If he can stay healthy, look for next year to be his breakout.

Warren Watson’s stat line: 294/489 (60.1%) 3,651 yards. 30tds and 16INTs. QB rating of 90.

Playoffs:
The Bills win on the road 28-26 in Oakland. Luke had 2 tackles. Only 2 passes were completed against him.
The Bucs lost at home to the Rams, but no fault of Doc. He threw for 3 Tds and no INTs. 277 yards.

The Bills win on the road again, in San Diego. Carlson steps up with 3 tackles and a pick! He was only throw at twice, with only 1 completion. The Bills are 1 win away from the Superbowl, but it will have to be done in New England!

Carlson had 3 tackles and only 2 passes were completed against him, but Bledsoe picked apart the rest of the secondary and the Patriot win.

The Patriots beat the Falcons in the Superbowl to win their first ever Superbowl title. Drew Bledsoe caps off the season with the MVP award. No awards were given to the terrible 3.