Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-16-2003, 07:02 PM   #1
Poli
FOFC Survivor

TCY QB rushes for 1000+ in just 6 games!

I know it was asked before if a TCY QB could accomplish this.

BTW, I can't say how happy I am to play. Too bad I go back to SD tomorrow. Well, if the snow doesn't let up...

Well, seeing as I didn't want to start a serious dynasty with me leaving soon and all, I decided to take Springfield, MO, of the S8.

I decided my rule would be they had to be from MO and had to have a 3.0 GPA.

The first year I went 6-5...the second year I went 7-4. I had a true freshman at QB for that year.

I usually just end up recruiting, and don't mess with depth charts or play %...I just make sure the offensive formation is the double wing, since that is my formation of choice in real life as well.

The third year, the computer redshirts the freshman that started the year before and my depth chart reads...walk on, walk on, walk on.

I was sucking. Well, I decided to press on. The run % was set by the comp to 80 for the QB!!!

I couldn't believe it. I figured once this guy gets hurt, which he will, then they will shoot the number down.

First game, he rushed for 320 yards. By the 6th game, he had 1150. He got hurt in the 7th game, and came back for the 10th.

Our RB finished the year with 900 yards, and our QB finished with 1400 rushing and 1000 yards passing.

After the guy got hurt, the computer kept picking up another walk on freshman to add to the depth chart. Problem was, it kept be the starter and the computer would redshirt him! I ended up with 6 walk on QBs at the end of the year.

So the next year rolls around, and the QB that rushed for 1400 is now third string!

Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 10:05 PM   #2
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Was his name Brad Smith?

Third string? Time to pull a Martz and make him a RB!

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 04:46 AM   #3
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

I've checked my TCY rushing stats for my own QBs and they ALL have negative yardage numbers at the end of ANY seasons...
incredible...that has to be some kind of bug because having just about every QBs (on my team) always finish with minus something in rushing yards year after year after year...that's too weird to be true.
- Chairman of the IHOF Hall of Fame
- Athletic Director of the Brigham Young Cougars in TCY
FOF Legend: Hall of Fame QB Brock Sheriff #5, one of the most popular player in Front Office Football history.
Darkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 05:51 AM   #4
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkiller
I've checked my TCY rushing stats for my own QBs and they ALL have negative yardage numbers at the end of ANY seasons...
incredible...that has to be some kind of bug because having just about every QBs (on my team) always finish with minus something in rushing yards year after year after year...that's too weird to be true.

It's not weird. In college, sacks count as negative rushing yards for quarterbacks.
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 08:51 AM   #5
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

Well, you just taught me something.
I'm glad to know that. thanks

now I'm gonna check how many times my guys were sacked...
- Chairman of the IHOF Hall of Fame
- Athletic Director of the Brigham Young Cougars in TCY
FOF Legend: Hall of Fame QB Brock Sheriff #5, one of the most popular player in Front Office Football history.
Darkiller is offline   Reply With Quote