Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-09-2004, 09:34 AM   #1
Galaril
Pro Starter

Will there be anymore price drops -XBOX

I am a diehard pc gamer especially sports sism like FOF/OOTP/FBCB but I really want to pick up a XBox and a couple of games especially the upcoming NCAAA 2005 and ESPN Football games.The only problem is my wife won't sign off on this.I am hoping there will be another price drop maybe later this year say october.I would be able to persuade my wife witha price of maybe 129.99 or 99.99 definitely.What do other people think is the likelihood of more price drops by microsoft.I guess sony is getting to the point of diminished profits if it drops it's price anymore.I suppose Nitendo is pushing the price cuts.

Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 10:00 AM   #2
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Buy a refurbished one.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 10:04 AM   #3
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I strongly doubt there will be another drop, at least until before the holidays. You could buy a used or refurbished one and save some money on it. Maybe you could ration your lunch money for a couple weeks and spend it on the Xbox instead? Every time in your opinion you make a savings, put the money in an envelope.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 10:12 AM   #4
bigdawg2003
High School Varsity

you could buy a premodded one with a HD upgrade
Old 06-09-2004, 10:13 AM   #5
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg2003
you could buy a premodded one with a HD upgrade

Those are always a nice investment
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 11:11 AM   #6
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Well.. next step from where they are now is probably either 129.99 basic with a 139.99 bundle option.. but thats probably 6 months or so away as others have said
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 02:38 PM   #7
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

It may drop to 129.99 on 11/9, when Halo 2 comes out. Just a guess. It wouldn't shock me to see a $20 price drop in November, but it may not happen. We'll see

Also, if you're able to wait til the holidays, lotsa places do deals with an Xbox, controller/remote, and some games at a discounted rate. EB had one last year that was tempting, but not for me. Came with like 2-3 games and an extra controller for $300 (this is when the system was $179).
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 02:42 PM   #8
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu
It may drop to 129.99 on 11/9, when Halo 2 comes out. Just a guess. It wouldn't shock me to see a $20 price drop in November, but it may not happen. We'll see

Also, if you're able to wait til the holidays, lotsa places do deals with an Xbox, controller/remote, and some games at a discounted rate. EB had one last year that was tempting, but not for me. Came with like 2-3 games and an extra controller for $300 (this is when the system was $179).

I think also that 11/9 will be the next drop.....but Im guessing 119.99 on 11/9.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:04 PM   #9
thesloppy
Pro Starter

There's a store at my local mall (I'm sorry but for the life of me I can't remember the name), that is offering a new X-Box (or PS2) for 119.99 due to a $30 rebate. I did a double take when I saw that, but it was legit. I thought perhaps this was another Microsoft price-drop but none of the other game stores were offering the same deal so I guess it was only this store.

A little research tells me that it's FYE that is offering the deal, although it appears to be in-store only, so you might want to check that out if there's one in your area.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 08:07 PM   #10
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Gamestop has a deal thru next week where if you trade in an N64 and 1 game, or a PSone and 1 game, you can get a new xbox for 119.99.