Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-25-2003, 03:05 PM   #1
mrushh
High School Varsity

Sideline Style Set

If you are using the Sideline viewing style set, are you having trouble seeing COLORED text, or is it just my 'puter?

I love the color scheme, but can't see darker colored text, ie., purple, blue, etc...

mrushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 06:58 PM   #2
couriers

Yes the Reds & Blues seem too bright so much so that I need to squint to read them and the Blacks seem too dark. Other than that I really like it.
Old 01-26-2003, 02:20 AM   #3
Rich1033
High School Varsity

Some of the icons are hard to view for me, but I love it.

Thanks Simms
Rich1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 11:04 PM   #4
couriers

The "Online" status that shows up underneath the member name inside a thread has been changed. It seems that it went from a bright yellow to a dark gray that is barely any different than the background gray. This makes it very difficult to see. Can this be fixed?
Old 01-29-2003, 03:07 PM   #5
couriers

Bump.

Hoping that someone could look into the Online Status color and possibly change it back to the bright yellow that it was instead of the extremely hard to see dark gray that it has become.

Also, on the main forum page it seems that the Private Message information and the Forum Style drop down has been moved. Now everything is bunched together on the left side of the page instead of neatly and evenly dispersed across the entire page. This makes it kind of difficult to see the whole page (all the forums) without scrolling. Hopefully this can be changed back to the way it was.

Thanks.
Old 01-29-2003, 09:08 PM   #6
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Bump. Also, it would be great if hyperlinks in The Sideline set were in a different color. The shade they are in is too close to white, so unless the link is posted with the http://, it's almost impossible to see. Is there an underline hyperlink option? That would be an improvement.

Otherwise, The Sideline set is awesome. It really takes you back!
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 10:00 PM   #7
korme
Go Reds

I will change it. It's because we switched to the FOFC Yellow template, which uses the same code, and reverts back to the same colorid. I'll just change the ID for both.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 10:09 PM   #8
korme
Go Reds

Better?
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 10:32 PM   #9
daedalus
Pro Rookie

ONLINE!/offline status quite visible now. It rocketh.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 12:11 AM   #10
couriers

Yes Thank you very much.
Old 02-03-2003, 03:00 PM   #11
couriers

Question Front Page ReFormat Request

Please, if I may, another request:

Would it be possible to alter the main forum view, aka the front page, to resemble the default style view? Currently all of the information is jam packed on the upper left corner of the page. This forces the more prominent information to be rather difficult to find at first glance or simply hidden all together. It also forces a bunch of useful information off the bottom of the screen and leaves the right side of the page looking odd and out of place.

The default view moves the Active Users list to the bottom just underneath the forum list and the Private Messages section just below that. What is left at the top of the page is then justified with half the information on the left and the other half on the right.

IMO, the dispersal of content evenly across the entire page makes for a much easier browsing experience. Hopefully someone else will agree and we might get this changed or maybe a Sideline v2 in the least.

Please and Thank You.
Old 02-03-2003, 03:16 PM   #12
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

I'll tell you what, use the Sideline for a while and then switch over to the FOFC Classic version..

I'm tellin' ya it's like someone turning on the lights in the bedroom in the middle of the night. Yikes!!
Old 02-04-2003, 10:22 AM   #13
couriers

BUMP

Skydog / Ryan please consider changing the style for the better or as noted creating a v2 for those who might be interested. Thanks.
Old 02-05-2003, 09:14 AM   #14
couriers

Another aspect of the Sideline Style that really needs to be addressed is the color of the links. As it is right now all of the other styles have 2 different colors for regular text and link text except the Sideline Style only uses white for both. This makes it very difficult to tell what is clickable on a page.

I really like this style over the plain default or the bright yellow but it is getting harder and harder to stick with it.

Please help. Thank you.
Old 02-10-2003, 09:58 AM   #15
couriers

Thank you Ryan for the new Sideline option. It is so much better being able to decipher what is true text and what are links. Now for the front forum page change and we're all set to go. Thanks again.

BTW, the new link color was questionable at first, then again what isn't, but it seems to have grown on me rather quickly. Interesting choice.