Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-10-2003, 04:13 AM   #201
DolaBump
Mascot

Okay, now for the scouting --

first off, our scout, Johnny Kim, rates worse than all but one scout available, the abysmal Brant Hansen. I'm not sure what out House Rules say about this situation, but I believe we said we could bring in our own guys in the first year. I think we might want to consider a limit on what we can spend on a coach/scout, but that's another topic. On to my list --

The top two Scouts stand out pretty obviously:

Neal Terrell-
This is hands down the best guy out there. He's 49, been with Indy for 3 years, they've made the playoffs all three. Good or better across the board, except for RB (avg) and LB (Fair). While I would prefer a better scout at those two positions, he's too good everywhere else, including being Good at Young Talent. He's a bit pricey at $610,000, but he's worth it.

Leslie Bronkow-
9 years as a scout, his teams have made the playoffs 8 times. 57, Very good at Young talent, weak at QB and LB. Asking $590,000, also steep, also worth it. These guys are the best available by far and essentailly equal except for Terrell's age.

The rest of the Top 10:

Lincoln Glenn-
Defensive Scout really, 49, never been a Lead Scout, but he's VG at Young Talent. $570,000. I like this guy, but I'd shell out a few more bucks for one of the top two first.

Frankie Rizzo-
Makes good financial sense, 50 asking $410,000. 15 years in, good or better at every position minus Secondary (Fair). Only Average w/Young Talent or else he's an elite Scout. The money makes him the best value.

Adrian Medzihradsky-
Another newbie, ancient at 70, a stopgap solution. Wants $550,000, overall solid across the board, Good w/Young Talent. Age is obviously a factor, though.

Tony Shields-
Young guy, 38, VG w/QBs and Secondary, Fair w/Kickers and D-Line. Only $410,000 and Good w/Young TAlent, plus his youth will probably mean he gets better in a coupleyears. No experience as a Lead Scout, though.

Louis Burnett-
56, hit or miss as a position scout, but VG at Young Talent gives him a leg up. Pricey, $600,000, probably not worth it, but rates good enough to place here.

Alan Francis-
I prefer Francis to Burnett, younger, 43, his only real weakness is at RB, where he's Poor. Good with Young talent, though, and cheap, $380,000. If we go outside the top 4, I like this guy.

Kris Bridges-
4 seasons as a scout, 2 playoffs appearances, exellecent w/Offensive guys, Average everywhere else. I prefer balanced scouts, especially when he wants $530,000 a year and he's 54.

Frankie Barrett-
52, econo-scout, wants just $330,000 and is good across the board except Fair at QB and AVG at RB and Secondary. Good with Young Talent, a decent option if we're strapped.

Also considered, but not quite up to snuff:
Tyrus Williams
Harris Riti
Claude Brito
Jeffrey Hammond
Larry Ohanian

Everyone else, same thing as the coaches, too much downside.

I think, if its an option, we definitely need to replace Kim, he's horrible.

P.S. Second worst available scout: Freddie Kevorkian
Worst value: (tie) Neil Schulz, Leo Gonzalez
DolaBump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 04:16 AM   #202
wade moore
lolzcat

strait8,

Check out This Thread where the positions are discussed, you're on there

I'm going to go through and look at staff now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 08:02 AM   #203
QuikSand
lolzcat

I think we're due for a new thread or two - let's try to keep these discussions going, but easy to track.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote