Old 02-09-2003, 10:42 AM   #1
vtbub
College Starter

The World is your Taco-A beginner's AAR for EU2

The whole world is a taco
The beginner's AAR

The Noble Republic of Castille
La República Noble de Castille

On 3 Jan 1419, the Royal Moanarchy of Juan II and his nobility signed the Castillian Treaty(Tratado de Castillian) transferring peacefully certain powers of the monarchy to the nobles. The nobles of the provinces of Castille in December of 1418 selected 15 nobles to represent them on the new council named the Parliament of Nobles(El Parlamento de Nobles).

The treaty stipulates that a cabinet be set up to govern the nation. The cabinet shall consist of the follwing ministries:

Minister of War-Appointed by his Majesty, in charge of maintaining Castille's armed forces.(Ministro de la Guerra)
Minister of Peace-Appointed by the Prime Minister, in charge of foreign relations(Ministro de la Paz)
Minister of Interior-Appointed by the Prime Minister, in charge of internal affairs(Ministro del Interior)
Colonial Minister-Appointed by the Prime Minister, in charge of Castille's colonies(Colonial Ministro)
High Priest-Appointed by his Majesty, in charge of Castille's religious policy(Sacerdote Alto)
Prime Minister-Appointed by his Majesty on the advice of El Parlamento de Nobles(Primer Ministro)

The nobles shall convene in Madrid and serve at the service of his Majesty.

The Cabinet of Juan II:

Prime Minister-Sir Juan Carlos Coronado
Minister of War-Sir Guillermo Hermisillo
Minister of Peace-Sir Roberto Avilla
Minister of Interior-Sir Juan Rojas
Colonial Minister-Peter Francisco
High Priest-Cardinal Jorge Estrada

Nobles serve for a term of five years with the exception of the high priest whose appointment is at the sole discretion of his Majesty.

Sir Juan Carlos Coronado's address

During the five years of my term:

1- My government shall evict the muslim infidels off the Iberian Peninsula and restore the Catholic faith
2- My government shall accept a one time gift of 50000 ducats for financial stability
3- My government shall elevate the Canary Islands(Canarias) from a Colony to a Province
4- My government shall defend herself against all powers that dare to challenge her authority by whatever means
5- My government shall develop the essential things to advance us in infrastructure, and military sciences

Signed 3 January 1419 A.D.

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 12:00 PM   #2
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Cool! Good luck.. Kill those Portugese (getting their CoT (Centre of Trade) would be a NICE bonus )
Old 02-09-2003, 12:18 PM   #3
vtbub
College Starter

Thanks, Granada is well in hand.

Old 02-09-2003, 03:39 PM   #4
vtbub
College Starter

From the Minister of War:

My fellow Castillians.

Today, 4 Feburary 1419, our government, with the consent of his Majesty King Juan II, has joined our catholic bretheren Portugal in her mighty struggle against the heathen nations of Fez and Algiers. It is of final importance that the scurge of Islam be removed from the Iberian Peninsula. May God bless Castille.

Sir Guillermo Hermisillo
Minister of War

From the Castille Town Crier Network:

Fellow Castillians, The liberation of Gibraltar and Granada has begun, 7 April 1419. Our esteemed Majesty Juan II and his Prime Minister Sir Juan Carlos Coronado would like your prayers to go to those who fight for our religious right. Anyone wishing to volunteer should contact the Castille Centre's in the Town Square. With the grace of God, and your support, the Islamic plague will be removed from our world.

Conversations at Madrid's Tea Houses:

"Our navy showed grand success against Algeris on the Lusitanin Sea. It was worth losing that transport on 19 April."

"The infidels are weak fighters, after seizing Tangiers today, 26 July, let's hope that the Gospel of Christ will quickly spread on the Africian contenint."

"It seems that the Islams are to busy fighting themselves, 19 September sees Fez, Algeris, and Granada fight Morocco."

"Are the stories true? England sued France for peace? Yes on 24 September and they payed 164 ducats."

"Maybe the infidels are not so stupid. Fez paid Portugal 14 ducats for peace today, 20 May 1420."

"Nope, guess I was wrong. Fez today, 3 June, joined Algeris and Granada in their futile war against Portugal."

"Maybe our leaders should have not used volunteers against Granada, here it is 1 October and after fifteen months, we neither have captured Gibraltar or Granada."

"This Prime Minister business is for the birds. Granada sued Portugal for peace ,7 November, for 6 ducats. Like the infidels can pay that anyway."

"A friend at the Ministry of the Interior tells me that we have four merchants at Tago. 6 March 1421."

Memo to the King, Top Secret:

7 May 1421: Our soldiers report that Gibraltar has capitulated.

Memo to the Prime Minister, Top Secret:

8 July 1421: Granada has fallen

From the Castille Town Crier Network:

Fellow Castillians, Let us rejoice this day, 26 July in the year of our Lord 1421, as the citizens of Gibraltar have been freed by the grip of Granada and become equal members of Castille ensuring a right and honourable peace.