Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-06-2003, 11:59 AM   #1
Easy Mac

Top 25 Simpsons Episodes - According to EW

Entertainment Weekly did the top 25 Simpsons episodes, including the worst. linky

For those too lazy and want me to copy and paste, let me know, though i'm lazy too.

Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 12:01 PM   #2
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

S'ok, I read through it last night...do you agree with all the episodes? I can't wait to get them all on DVD, that and the Family Guy, now I'm saving up for the Mr. Show DVD.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 12:07 PM   #3
Easy Mac

I'm hoping to get at least 1 of the DVD's for my birthday. And I'm saving up for Sports Night. And hopefully I can get Sifl n Olly season 3.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 12:14 PM   #4
digamma
Torchbearer

None of my top three favorite episodes made the list...
The Stone Cutters
Homer's Bowling Team
and the episode where Lisa becomes a vegetarian.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 12:18 PM   #5
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Unless I missed it, one of my favorites is missing - the episode where Homer fattens up to go on disability. At the end, when Homer gets stuck in the tank, inadvertently saving everyone from a nuclear disaster, Lisa says somthing like, "I think it's ironic that Dad's laziness ended up saving us all." And Bart says, "I think its ironic that for once Dad's butt prevented the release of toxic gas."

That one still kills me.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 12:23 PM   #6
henry296
College Starter

Bart's line there is great.

I also like in the same episode where he learns that he can hit just Y instead YES and tells Lisa he has trippled his productivity.

Todd
Old 02-06-2003, 12:34 PM   #7
QuikSand
lolzcat

I dunno... maybe I'm old school, but look past the sketchy animation, and I think one of the very best episodes ever was right there in the first season. "Krusty Gets Busted" was one of the most brilliant half hours of television, ever. Still my favorite.

Sorry to see it not even on the list.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 12:40 PM   #8
McSweeny
College Starter

a top 25 list is waaaaay too short for the simpsons...
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 01:09 PM   #9
Craptacular
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Qwikshot
now I'm saving up for the Mr. Show DVD.

They need to make a DVD for seasons 3 and beyond. I have the 1st and 2nd season DVD, and it's funny, but it doesn't have most of my favorite episodes, such as the one with the "Car Wash Change Thief Action Squad" and "Taint Magazine".

As for the Simpsons, how can you pick a #1?? As for the ones they listed, I'd probably have to choose Cape Feare or 22 Short Stories.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 08:38 PM   #10
Blackadar
Retired

Only ONE Halloween episode?
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 08:44 PM   #11
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Craptacular
They need to make a DVD for seasons 3 and beyond. I have the 1st and 2nd season DVD, and it's funny, but it doesn't have most of my favorite episodes, such as the one with the "Car Wash Change Thief Action Squad" and "Taint Magazine".

As for the Simpsons, how can you pick a #1?? As for the ones they listed, I'd probably have to choose Cape Feare or 22 Short Stories.

Are you a fan of the Comedy Central show the now dead
Upright Citizens Brigade? I wonder and hope that it will come out on DVD.
Old 02-07-2003, 09:29 PM   #12
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I was ripping the list last weekend to some pals and they challenged me to make my own Top 25. I have identified 21 episodes for the list, but I've only been able to whittle the candidates for the other four slots down to 29. I should probably just go ahead and make a top 50 list.

Strangely enough, my list of 50 includes only 9 on the EW list. I thought the EW list was weak, frankly. There are some rather prosaic episodes on there, plus some episodes that I think are on there for the issues they deal with it. I mean, Homer's Phobia is a great epsidode, but I don't think it's one of the top 25.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 09:43 PM   #13
TredWel
High School Varsity

This list doesn't begin to scratch the surface. I honestly believe you could make a top 100 list and still not get all of the episodes you want on there.

Missing from this list is my possibly my favorite episode, Selma's Choice. And only one Sideshow Bob episode? I'd expect at least "Sideshow Bob Roberts" to get a mention, if not the original "Krusty Gets Busted."

And I don't agree that their choice, while a weak episode, is the worst episode of all time. Hell, you could pick a dozen episodes from the past two episodes that were just as weak as they're pick. If you want bad episodes, pick an episode where a Simpson becomes the main antagonist, something like "My Sister, My Sitter", or "Homer's Enemy". I mean, we've been conditioned to root for these underachievers for the past umpteen seasons - now we're supposed to hate them? I just can't sit through those episodes.
Old 02-07-2003, 10:10 PM   #14
RoyalTen
n00b

Havent read through all the posts, so dont know if this one has been mentioned, but my all-time favorite has got to be the Frank Grimes aka "Grimsey"......That episode is hilarious
RoyalTen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 07:42 AM   #15
Scholes
High School Varsity

UCB is/was great!!! The "Hot Chicks" room was my favorite skit. I thought that UCB, and surprisingly, The State on MTV were both more funny than SNL, alas, they were both pulled.
Scholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 08:20 AM   #16
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Scholes
UCB is/was great!!! The "Hot Chicks" room was my favorite skit. I thought that UCB, and surprisingly, The State on MTV were both more funny than SNL, alas, they were both pulled.

The hot chicks skit is the best...I see that Amy from UCB joined SNL, but I guess she's just filling in because I'm positive that SNL wouldn't touch anything from the UCB, or the State.

I loved from the State, when they have the Last Supper and the "I'll dip my balls in it guy" shows up...hilarious.
Old 02-08-2003, 11:30 AM   #17
mckerney
Coordinator

These are the same bastards that said family guy was one of the worst shows ever
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 12:09 PM   #18
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by mckerney
These are the same bastards that said family guy was one of the worst shows ever

Who, me? I loved the family guy, when I could watch it...the one with Willaim Shatner was milk out the nostrils funny...
Old 02-08-2003, 12:30 PM   #19
Dagreatoneakakam
n00b

Exclamation

Unbelievable, Entertainment Weekly has Family Guy listed as the 5th worst thing to hit TV in the year of 2001! They can't be serious.
Dagreatoneakakam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 12:32 PM   #20
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by McSweeny
a top 25 list is waaaaay too short for the simpsons...

well since we need to reserve the last 4 seasons for the "worst of" list, I dont think 25 is too few.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 02:18 PM   #21
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Qwikshot
Who, me? I loved the family guy, when I could watch it...the one with Willaim Shatner was milk out the nostrils funny...

No, Entertainment Weekly
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 10:25 PM   #22
Braggadocioussss
In The Penalty Box

Hey Qwik, does "The State" ever air anymore on any channels? The "I'd like to dip my balls in it" guy was great. Also the skit where the newlyweds just get home and the mailman shows up, then the hubby is forced to take pictures of his wife and the postal guy in all sorts of provocative poses on the front porch. Ohhhh man...good stuff.

*edit

nm, I found a site with every sketch they ever did on MTV.

http://www.statemedia.net/state.php

Last edited by Braggadocioussss : 02-08-2003 at 11:13 PM.
Braggadocioussss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 09:17 AM   #23
TroyF
Coordinator

Grimes

Royal 10,

The Grimes episode is my favorite as well. That was a fun half hour.

TroyF
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote