Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-02-2004, 08:03 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

(President FOFC Forever) The Wigocrats debate

The following three candidates have declared their intent to become the Wigocrat nominee for the Presidential race:

Barkeep49 (Illinois)
tucker342 (Iowa)
sterlingice (Texas)

Feel free to answer as verbose or as succinct as you wish.. just remember your fellow Wigocrats are watching, and will vote!

1) Do you think a candiate has to do well in traditional SkyDogpublican states to win the election?

2) Has the country gone too far in fighting terrorism that civil liberties are suffering?

3) Does the USA need a balanced budget amendment?

4) If a majority of your constituents voted to decriminalize marijuana possession and use, would you support it in Congress?

5) How do you propose we stimulate an economic recovery?

Last edited by SirFozzie : 03-02-2004 at 08:08 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:39 PM   #2
Swaggs
Coordinator

You all better start trying to get the Swaggs' endorsement...
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:58 PM   #3
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
sterlingice had relations with a 14 year old migrant worker!
Old 03-02-2004, 09:01 PM   #4
AgPete
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz

The first public scandal!
AgPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 09:02 PM   #5
wig
Banned

What's a wigocrat?
wig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 09:10 PM   #6
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz
There is no truth to these crazy allegations. Now how did that old saying go? Dead girl or live boy, right? Nothing about underage migrant girls?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-02-2004 at 09:11 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 09:24 PM   #7
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie

1) Do you think a candiate has to do well in traditional SkyDogpublican states to win the election?

The first thing I noticed is that this absurd question wasn't asked of my SkyDogpublican colleagues. I do not think this party has to do well in territory that traditionally is Doggy any more than they have to do well in Wigish states. I resent the underlying assumption of this question which is that Americans aren't willing to honestly look at the candidates for President, and the issues that matter to their lives, and choose the best person. And I am confident that when they do, they will find choose Bar Keep.

Quote:
2) Has the country gone too far in fighting terrorism that civil liberties are suffering?

Until the day terrorism is erradicated we can never go "too far". As President I can only hope that I manage to go "too far" and get rid of the terrorist vermin plaguing freedom lovers the world over. And that is what this War is about: freedom. There is no choice but to protect our civil liberities, our core American values, and to fight terrorism.

Quote:

No. The US needs to spend money responsibly, but this doesn't mean handcuffing ourselves in times of need. When our economy has been wreaked, as it has been by this current administration, it becomes prudent to go into debt to help jump start the economy. When the good times come we can then pay off this debt. Wigocrats can do this without building it into our Constiution.

Quote:
4) If a majority of your constituents voted to decriminalize marijuana possession and use, would you support it in Congress?

First let me say if I were elected my Constituents would be the United States people. Second, I think exploring this country's stance on marijuana is worthwhile. I'm not sure that the answer is to decriminalize it, but I do know there would be a lot less need for a discussion about handcuffing ourselves through a Balanced Budget amendment if we had the revenues from taxes decriminalization would bring.

Quote:

Great question. Better worker education is the first step. America has a spark of entrapenualism and creativity and survival that cannot be exported to other countries. But we need to offer a competitive reason for countries to stay in the US and a better quality of work is an important one.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 03-02-2004 at 11:35 PM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 11:01 PM   #8
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Ummm, Barkeep doesn't sound anywhere near left of center, if that is the meaning of Wigocrats. Sounds more Libertarian. Good thing I didn't have to read what tucker said else I'll be throwing up on the monitor.

By the way, why isn't there a Buccaterian party?
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 11:36 PM   #9
tucker342
Pro Starter

Quote:
First off, what is a SkyDogpublican state? I don't see a neon colored sign that says SkyDogpublican state, no Wigocrats allowed! I feel that when people of our country see my policies they won't be afraid to vote for me no matter where they live. But yes, the so called "traditionally" SkyDogpublican states will be key states in my election campaign.

Quote:
It's first and foremost the presidents duty to protect the citizens. But when terrorism is used as a excuse to evade another country when that country had nothing to do with terrorism is going too far. And when something like the Patriot Act is put into place, which repeals some of our glorious freedoms than yes that is going too far. Our first goal when fighting terrorism is to first understand why they hate us, and to try to fix some of those issues. Secondly, we need to have a system inplace to deal with reported upcoming terrorist attacks. And finally we need to protect our borders, not against immigration, because immigrats made this country, but against illegal weapons entering this country.

Quote:
Yes, as long as it doesn't go too far in harming our social programs. It's important as a society that we be careful with how we spend our money. If I'm elected president, there will be no more wasting our money on things like the "Star Wars" defense system. It's important to not put the burden of our over spending on the shoulders of our children.

Quote:
YES. If people want to smoke a little marijuana, I don't see the harm in that. It's when people go out driving while under the influence of Marijuana that they become a danger. Driving under the influence of not only Marijuana but alcohol also, will both see strict punishments

Quote:
First and foremost we need to create jobs for the working class. We need to develop better worker education programs. Finally, we need better working conditions for the common worker, there are CEOs making more than 7 figure salaries while their workers are barely making enough to put food on the table. If the common worker had more money, they would buy more goods, which in turn would improve the economy.
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 11:41 PM   #10
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
Ummm, Barkeep doesn't sound anywhere near left of center, if that is the meaning of Wigocrats. Sounds more Libertarian. Good thing I didn't have to read what tucker said else I'll be throwing up on the monitor.

By the way, why isn't there a Buccaterian party?
While Liberterians and I would certainly share some values on such issues as Gay Marriage, Medical Marijuana, and Civil Liberties, I believe that government can be a fundamentally positive force in America and for the American people. And while I believe my stance on such issues as Affirmative Action and Millitary Spending show me to be an independent voice, I think my overall stances, including my belief in Federal Funding of Education and Envoirnmental Regulation, prove me a true Wigocrat.

I thank you for your interest and (based on what I think I remember about you) your compliment.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:28 AM   #11
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Sterling Silvers debate speech

1) Do you think a candidate has to do well in traditional SkyDogpublican states to win the election?
From a strictly electoral math perspective, no, we just have to win some states that need us badly right now. The rust belt in particular is in need of relief. Ohio, Indiana, if you vote Wigocrat this election, you will not lose 20% of your manufacturing jobs as you have under the SkyDogpublicans. The great state of Texas has elected me in a traditional SkyDogpublican stronghold for 3 terms because I represent their values best. And because of that, I think we can win that state for the first time in over 20 years.

Absolutely! In what has now become a cliché for those who oppose our current oppressive regime, I refer to Thomas Jefferson and his quote of “Those who can sacrifice essential liberty for temporary security deserve neither.” Sure, if you are in the upper class and look just like those who made these laws, then you have nothing to worry about. But others have been persecuted by this government based only on the color of their skin or religious beliefs. The rights of many citizens have been trampled in the name of keeping us safe. But what good is this security if we have no freedom?
I'm sure my opponents will spin this into me being soft on crime and terrorism. And they'll try to paint me as someone wanting to take away your guns and your military. But I'm not calling for a reduction in military spending. I own multiple guns and love to hunt. In my district, crime has fallen all three terms I have been in office. I may be a lot of things, but I am not soft on criminals.

This is one question you'll never see at a SkyDogpublicans debate. They claim to be in favor of smaller government yet I can't help but notice that the largest deficits happen in years of SkyDogpublican White Houses. I am strongly in favor of a balanced budget and cutting spending is the way to do this. No more bloated pork laden budgets. However, I cannot support a balanced budget amendment. There are times of national crises, both economic and military, which call for financing and if there is a balanced budget amendment, there will be no way to solve these problems.

Gotta love the no-win question. If I say "yes", I am promoting a harmful and currently illegal substance. But if I say no, I am opposed to the freedoms I championed a few minutes ago. So where do I stand? I am extremely indifferent. The government has much more important things to spend their time on and if this is the single issue on which you base your election choice, then I don't want you in my camp.
To get back to the original question, if I had to make a choice, I would be in favor of legalizing it and taxing it much as we do with alcohol and tobacco. If a man smokes in the smoking section of a restaurant, he is only harming himself. However, it is his decision to make and I respect his right to do that. However, no other "harder" drugs as legalizing these would be strongly detrimental to public welfare.

It is a free and open world now, and we must accept the good with the bad. Gone are the days when we can just slap a protective tariff on a business and it will be safe. A lot of candidates in both parties like to placate votes with plans of "worker education" and leave it at that. But that doesn't solve the actual problem of our jobs leaving this country. We need places for these newly trained workers to work! We need to close the loopholes for these companies that move overseas and force them to actually pay their taxes. And for those companies who show loyalty and hire American workers, I want to lessen their tax burden and make the label "Made In America" stand for something again!

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 08:58 AM   #12
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

*bumping*
Old 03-03-2004, 09:52 PM   #13
Swaggs
Coordinator

C'mon candidates!

You need to ignite the wigocratic base and get them excited about the election. We cannot afford to have four more years of skydogpuplican rule in FOFC.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 02:47 PM   #14
tucker342
Pro Starter

I thought of a campaign slogan:

DON'T BE A FUCKER, VOTE TUCKER!
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 03:11 PM   #15
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker342
But when terrorism is used as a excuse to evade another country when that country had nothing to do with terrorism is going too far.

You're right. No reason to evade the country that could be a threat when we could take them head on! We oughta invade their asses instead of avoiding them, let's not even consider terrorism.

Vote Squidpendant, we know words
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:14 PM   #16
Barkeep49
Coordinator

In contrast to my opponent, I think there is no question that in our current age we cannot solve the problem of terorrism with police action alone and so there are times when the United States will need to raid or invade another country, although Iraq was not such an example. We will perhaps even have to take millitary action unilaterily, although as President I would stride to work through organizations such as NATO that share our values. A government is useless if it does not protect its citizenry and as the greatest nation on earth our leaders must take advantage of all of the tools available including the greatest military force Earth has ever seen.
Old 03-06-2004, 11:09 AM   #17
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker342
I thought of a campaign slogan:

DON'T BE A FUCKER, VOTE TUCKER!

Way to ignite the Wigocratic voting base!!!

Hmmm, maybe I should run for the Green Party...
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote