Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-14-2004, 07:34 PM   #1
The_herd
College Starter

To Hell with 1-800-FLOWERS.com!

I ordered flowers for my wife on Tuesday. They were supposed to be delivered to her today, between the wonderful hours of 9am-7pm. Well, after sitting around here making excuses as to why we couldn't go out to dinner yet, 7pm passes and no sign of the flowers, no email since I got the one Confirming my Order, nothing. My order status on their website still says, "Being Processed". Now, not only do I have a wife thats pissed that she had to sit around here all day, I'm explaining that I didn't actually forget about it, 1-800 flowers screwed up.

Anyone with a wife knows this isn't going over well.

Last edited by The_herd : 02-14-2004 at 10:42 PM.
The_herd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 08:06 PM   #2
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Ouch.

Let her buy shoes. Two pair, at least. All will be well. This will be my last transmission.

Last edited by WSUCougar : 02-14-2004 at 10:30 PM.
WSUCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 08:10 PM   #3
sabotai
General Manager

Unfortunately, women are not born with the gene that realizes not all problems are the fault of the husband...
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 08:14 PM   #4
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
Unfortunately, women are not born with the gene that realizes not all problems are the fault of the husband...

And thus the massive push to decode the human genome. If we can just develop the needed gene therapy...
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 08:14 PM   #5
Leonidas
College Benchwarmer

I had kind of the opposite thing with them once. They accidentally sent us two sets of flowers and only charged us for one. Otherwise I have used them many times with no problem. Sorry you got hosed, but it was probably a one time deal. In the meantime I hope you gal is understanding of the effort and intent.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:03 PM   #6
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Fed ex screwed up my delivery on Friday. It was sent, but fed ex didn't deliver. They made up some story about thunderstorms in Tallahassee, but we got 3 deliveries to work, so I know that's not it. I think they just left a few packages on the plane, because my tracking showed arrival in Tally at 7:47am, and then back to Memphis at 4pm. Luckily, today is V-Day, so they got delivered today - but, they aren't very fresh. I wonder if the place I ordered from will send new ones? Worth a try, anyway.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 10:12 PM   #7
Primal
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai

Women are strange. My wife came home with a bunch of shopping bags from Bloomingdales earlier this week. Her excuse was "Don't worry about V-Day, this will take care of it". What do you know, today when she didn't get anything she was still disapointed.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 10:29 PM   #8
The_herd
College Starter

Title should read 1-800 Flowers, but I was in a hurry.

Anyway, I emailed them with my complaint. I don't expect to hear from them for a couple days. They claim that they can deliver same day for non holidays if the order is before 2pm, but apparently they can't get it done with 4 days notice for valentine's day.

The thing that pisses me off is I haven't gotten an email, phone call, or anything from them.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:52 AM   #9
Dutch
"Dutch"

Hopefully 1-800 Flowers will ultimately realize that they fucked with the wrong guy!
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 10:02 AM   #10
Easy Mac

At least you didn't have to sit around a resteraunt for 2.5 hours before you go seated (they overbooked reservations). Then, the menu they had out wasn't the menu they were serving. Half of their menu items were gone for valentines, they added 5 new dinners, and jacked the prices up over $10 per item. Needless to say, $85 later, I won't be eating the rest of the week.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 01:58 PM   #11
The_herd
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
Hopefully 1-800 Flowers will ultimately realize that they fucked with the wrong guy!

Soon enough.
Old 02-15-2004, 04:49 PM   #12
tucker342
Pro Starter

wow that sucks!
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 06:33 PM   #13
JeeberD
General Manager

I went to ProFlowers.com on on Friday afternoon and asked them to deliver a dozen-and-a-half roses to my girlfriend's work Saturday afternoon. She got them with no problems, plus the flowers were much cheaper than anywhere else I looked...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 06:51 PM   #14
The_herd
College Starter

You are no longer welcome in this thread....
Old 02-15-2004, 09:30 PM   #15
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
At least you didn't have to sit around a resteraunt for 2.5 hours before you go seated (they overbooked reservations). Then, the menu they had out wasn't the menu they were serving. Half of their menu items were gone for valentines, they added 5 new dinners, and jacked the prices up over $10 per item. Needless to say, $85 later, I won't be eating the rest of the week.

F--- that... they should have comp'd at least one of those two dinners for overbooking like that.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 12:15 AM   #16
mtolson
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_herd
I ordered flowers for my wife on Tuesday. They were supposed to be delivered to her today, between the wonderful hours of 9am-7pm. Well, after sitting around here making excuses as to why we couldn't go out to dinner yet, 7pm passes and no sign of the flowers, no email since I got the one Confirming my Order, nothing. My order status on their website still says, "Being Processed". Now, not only do I have a wife thats pissed that she had to sit around here all day, I'm explaining that I didn't actually forget about it, 1-800 flowers screwed up.

Anyone with a wife knows this isn't going over well.

FTD didn't any better for me. They were supposed to deliver to wife's job by 5pm on friday but did not show up. I called and was placed on hold for over an hour. Sent email and got a reply that they would deliver to the house on Saturday. Brought roses from local grocery just in case to save face. Boy am I glad I did that as they didn't deliver on Saturday either.

I actually showed my wife the FTD receipt on Saturday as being that she was kind enough to hang around her job for an hour after it closed just because I asked her to. She was very understanding, I think !!!!!!!
mtolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 12:38 AM   #17
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

i did the 800 flowers bit for my old lady cuz i was too lazy to do anything else. worked out perfectly. but that's because i was kinda hoping it would blow up and i could scream until i got flowers and my $$$. what's worng with going to the good old neighborhood florist? that's what i did for an unnamed lady who i will never admit too...
BigJohn&TheLions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 12:47 AM   #18
AgPete
College Prospect

I stopped using the big internet chains for important gifts. I've been screwed over too many times on important occasions. I've even had Amazon.Com gifts mysteriously disappear.
AgPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 06:59 AM   #19
The_herd
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn&TheLions
i did the 800 flowers bit for my old lady cuz i was too lazy to do anything else. worked out perfectly. but that's because i was kinda hoping it would blow up and i could scream until i got flowers and my $$$. what's worng with going to the good old neighborhood florist? that's what i did for an unnamed lady who i will never admit too...

I'm working nights, so I pretty much sleep all day, then go to PT, run home, shower, get dressed, go to work. My life will suck until my schedule changes in May. Plus I don't even think there is a neighborhood florist here, I don't exactly live in one of the nicer parts of San Antonio.
Old 02-16-2004, 12:47 PM   #20
rkmsuf
Head Coach

...punitive damages?
Old 02-16-2004, 12:54 PM   #21
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_herd
I'm working nights, so I pretty much sleep all day, then go to PT, run home, shower, get dressed, go to work. My life will suck until my schedule changes in May. Plus I don't even think there is a neighborhood florist here, I don't exactly live in one of the nicer parts of San Antonio.

Yeah, well try getting the florist to drive 20 miles to deliver.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 03:11 PM   #22
The_herd
College Starter

I finally got an email from them. After explaining to them the situation and the fact I'm still waiting on the flowers. They decided to cancel my order and give me a refund.....Jackasses. My wife's now pissed (not pissed at me though) because she isn't getting any flowers. I'm never using these idiots again.
Old 02-16-2004, 03:31 PM   #23
Easy Mac

Yeah, I bought 2 flowers because she said she would be pissed if I bought a bouquet... I should have just bought a dozen from the grocery store, because 2 flowers cost me $21 in a vase... I spent over $100 on valentines... thats like a 1/3 of all the money I have.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 03:54 PM   #24
SplitPersonality1
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar
Let her buy shoes. Two pair, at least. All will be well. This will be my last transmission.

Ahhh. A man that truly understands.
SplitPersonality1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 12:28 AM   #25
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
Yeah, I bought 2 flowers because she said she would be pissed if I bought a bouquet... I should have just bought a dozen from the grocery store, because 2 flowers cost me $21 in a vase... I spent over $100 on valentines... thats like a 1/3 of all the money I have.

Yeah, I got yelled at for spending too much money on something that's just gonna die. Next year, I'm just going to buy her a TV or something I can use.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 07:24 AM   #26
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I'm glad I have someone who accepted going out the week before Valentines Day- there are very few occasions when I'll wait in line at a restraunt. I can't stand it, I'd rather drive around for 20 minutes looking for another place than wait at there. As for flowers, a pair of roses did the trick (one red, one white) and neither of us spent a ton on gifts (I'm still in school so I'm a poor bastard). We were content to just spend a lot of time together this past weekend.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 07:34 AM   #27
Samdari
Roster Filler

Don't ever try to either send flowers, or go out to dinner, on Valentine's day. On either one, you are guaranteed to end up with poorer quality, worse service, and a bigger bill than the exact same thing from the same merchant any other time of the year. Take her out to dinner or get her flowers on Feb 20th every year, and you might actually have a nice time.